• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Paul_Kouadio #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5270 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hey all,

I've been thinking about why WG insist on maintaining the incoming British light tanks in their current state (on the CT). We all know that they have subpar/average viewrange, worst-in-class DpM, average mobility and ridiculously low ammo capacity (for the most part). Alpha damage is nothing to write home about either. Let's not even mention armour.

But what they do have is small size, good camo and high penetration (for light tanks). I'm thinking that WG is keeping them this way because of the upcoming ammo changes. Perhaps WG believes that if indeed these changes were to be effected on the live server, these light tanks would have the ability to reliably use their standard ammunition, which would effectively constitute in a direct alpha damage buff for them. Add to this the idea that light tanks can flank enemies better than other classes and you have the potential for these Brits to remain undetected whilst shooting the softer flanks of well-armored targets. Considering that the HP pools of high tier tanks are not going to increase (and would actually decrease for some TDs and all arty), tanks would take larger proportions of HP with each shot. I'm thinking that WG doesn't want to face more Steves raging about invisible little runts in Manticores deleting 480 HP(check here for proposed alpha changes) from their beloved IS-7s. 

Of course, this logic does/would apply to all LTs, not just the Brits, but hey... we all know how WG can give weird explanations.

If this is WG's reasoning, then I guess these Brits make sense. WG can always pull out that these LTs have "high pen" :sceptic:

TL;DR

WG may be keeping the British light tanks in this mediocre state if they consider the upcoming ammo changes to allow the LTs to deal more damage due to their high standard pen, considering that standard ammo is getting a damage buff. WG would not want to deal with the possibility of players whining about LTs dealing more damage to their heavy tanks, especially if high-tier tanks are not receiving HP buffs.

Edited by Paul_Kouadio, 07 August 2019 - 02:22 AM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71534 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Ammo changes and the plan for them are not final. So if this will impact anyone remains to be seen. That and some tanks would get buffed on their normal ammo if damage reduction was the direction they went to compensate for it... what ever that means.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33544 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
No, I think it's more likely someone on the balance department is lacking a bag of clues.

tajj7 #4 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

IIRC only the tier 7 and 8 actually have good pen for their tiers, the tier 9 and 10 whilst having good pen for lights, overall their pen is not very good and most meds and heavies have way better so it won't make much difference.

IF we were talking about a tier 10 light with say 270 pen and 450 alpha, then yes you might have a point, but its a 390 alpha gun with 248mm of penetration, worst than almost every tier 10 medium and of course has that added worse penetration drop off as well. 

Sub 250 pen on tier 10, especially with mediocre accuracy, bad pen drop off and bad gun handling, is not very good, they are not going to be reliably penning much more than the other tier 10 lights, hell with their better accuracy or gun handling, plus their much superior DPM the other tier 10 lights will output way more damage reliably. 

Also if anything the Manticore to me looks like it has been design for a full premium load out.

Limited ammo, bad DPM, bad gun handling, mediocre accuracy, you are going to want every shot count so clearly the best option is load full APCR 

TankkiPoju #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22987 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Does anyone actually still believe WG is going to do anything for premium ammo balance?

If anything, they will just add more tanks that are borderline useless without premium ammo.

barison1 #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42613 battles
the LT seem that poor to me i would go (near) full gold instead, why bother shooting standard ammo with a trash gun which has trash ammocap

PayMore #7 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26579 battles
Community contributors says wg give a [edited]about balance, so you are wrong.

Also tagged with british, lights, lt, ammo, rebalance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users