Disabled firendly fire ? Huge gameplay loss

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

jaxx77 #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2799 battles

I know it may prevent you from being hit by nasty teamkillers, however it also cuts pretty tactical element out of the game.

You don't need to be careful anymore when aiming next to your friends. You can just spam shots and don't care that there may be friendly tank in the way. You can slam into other tanks, no need for careful driving.

While there is some gain in regards to team killers, I think the loss of tactical element is huge and not worth the gain, especially if teamkill punishment system worked just fine. This game become even more arcade now, and takes away realism feeling element.

Edited by jaxx77, 07 August 2019 - 01:00 PM.

Shacou #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22415 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Blame the shoelickers who get too triggerhappy when they have no targets to shoot at stalemate in maps such as prokorovka/malinovka.

jaxx77 #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2799 battles
I forgot to mention what spg now can do, drop shells on top of your friends and splash enemy.

Edited by jaxx77, 07 August 2019 - 12:59 PM.

PayMore #4 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26611 battles

View PostShacou, on 07 August 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

Blame the shoelickers who get too triggerhappy when they have no targets to shoot at stalemate in maps such as prokorovka/malinovka.

Its all WG, just look at the crap they have produced the last year!

VsUK #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14294 battles
Although this update removes players who start a game in a huff, just to ruin the game for everyone else. Its also sorta a backward step. That is, if this also includes artillery fire? Because now you can fire at the enemy in close proximity to friendlies without risking team damage. It to an extent, dumb's down the game. 

Rati_Festa #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49078 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Its an interesting change, its very useful for lights and wv bumping into allies. The wv can lose 100hps+ when accidentally hitting team mates, was happening to me quite a lot on open maps.

r00barb #7 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View Postjaxx77, on 07 August 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

I forgot to mention what spg now can do, drop shells on top of your friends and splash enemy.

And if you do you'll stun your friends and turn blue, which allows your allies to damage you as before. 

I've only played 10 battles today but twice I've had team mates barge in front of me while I'm engaged in a fight and I've shot them by accident. Sure, it's nice that I'm not getting flagged for team damage as a result but that wasn't happening yesterday when they'd have taken damage for it.

truoste #8 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41618 battles

View Postjaxx77, on 07 August 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

I know it may prevent you from being hit by nasty teamkillers, however it also cuts pretty tactical element out of the game.

You don't need to be careful anymore when aiming next to your friends. You can just spam shots and don't care that there may be friendly tank in the way. You can slam into other tanks, no need for careful driving.

While there is some gain in regards to team killers, I think the loss of tactical element is huge and not worth the gain, especially if teamkill punishment system worked just fine. This game become even more arcade now, and takes away realism feeling element.

You can still use enemies as meatshields so only real difference is that you do not get damaged when your allied basekemper gets bored and decides to take a risky shot. It is definatlely a good thing. 

View PostVsUK, on 07 August 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Although this update removes players who start a game in a huff, just to ruin the game for everyone else. Its also sorta a backward step. That is, if this also includes artillery fire? Because now you can fire at the enemy in close proximity to friendlies without risking team damage. It to an extent, dumb's down the game. 

I think it is an excellent change. Arties shot allies left and right with no consequences before so atleast no I do not get damaged but only stunned.  

TheNightFox #9 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9051 battles

I think it's a great change. Losing some realism and getting a much better QoL ingame is a price I'm willing to accept. Now LTs can play without worrying about idiots in their team shooting them because they don't follow idiotic orders.

See Klaus' video, with Skill doing 7k dmg assist and getting team killed anyway.

Edited by TheNightFox, 07 August 2019 - 01:26 PM.

tajj7 #10 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postjaxx77, on 07 August 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

Which they used to do all the time, at least now we don't take damage.

And I don't know about you but when I fire my gun I want to do damage, I am thinking about maximising my DPM and hitting a ally regardless of whether it does damage or not, reduces my DPM, my score and stops me doing damage, making me useless until my next reload, which for long reload tanks is bad.

So I don't really care that team damage is off because IMO people take shots because they want to do damage, win the game, get credits, XP, missions etc. and hitting allies doesn't help with that so people will still be careful anyway.

Whilst the careless players would be careless whatever as they never cared about team damage, but at least now their carelessness doesn't cost someone else their game.

Hugely positive change for me. 

Ceeb #11 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32411 battles

View Posttajj7, on 07 August 2019 - 12:33 PM, said:

Which they used to do all the time, at least now we don't take damage.

And I don't know about you but when I fire my gun I want to do damage, I am thinking about maximising my DPM and hitting a ally regardless of whether it does damage or not, reduces my DPM, my score and stops me doing damage, making me useless until my next reload, which for long reload tanks is bad.

So I don't really care that team damage is off because IMO people take shots because they want to do damage, win the game, get credits, XP, missions etc. and hitting allies doesn't help with that so people will still be careful anyway.

Whilst the careless players would be careless whatever as they never cared about team damage, but at least now their carelessness doesn't cost someone else their game.

Hugely positive change for me. 

I agree, its been off in other modes for ages... it was about time it was off in Randoms.

Homer_J #12 Posted 07 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postr00barb, on 07 August 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

And if you do you'll stun your friends and turn blue, 

And how many stuns does it take to turn you blue?  If it's anything like the old arty team damage threshold you won't be able to hit it in one battle.

The only problem with the previous team damage system was that it was far too lenient all round, it didn't need this stupid fix.

MeetriX #13 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23152 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostRati_Festa, on 07 August 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

Its an interesting change, its very useful for lights and wv bumping into allies. The wv can lose 100hps+ when accidentally hitting team mates, was happening to me quite a lot on open maps.

Happened to me too, but then I learn to drive (almost).

r00barb #14 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 07 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

And how many stuns does it take to turn you blue?  If it's anything like the old arty team damage threshold you won't be able to hit it in one battle.

It hasn't been specified, presumably for the same reason it wasn't specified before, to stop people gaming the system. The only mention in the patch notes is "Revised the system of penalties for causing damage and stunning allies" which could mean nothing's changed or that everything has.

View PostHomer_J, on 07 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

The only problem with the previous team damage system was that it was far too lenient all round, it didn't need this stupid fix.

Agreed but that would have retained a tactical aspect to deciding when to fire so it had to go. :unsure:

Balc0ra #15 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71585 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I've not seen any.. casual hits out of cap to "test" it yet like it was on CT. But I've been shot at the back of the turret way more often on the brawling corner. As I suspect most don't care now. Not that that matters or is damaging in any way, other than to make confusing hits markers at times.

But....friendly arty stuns in the HT lane has been way too common today. As most don't care. Not seen anyone turned blue due to it yet as WG claimed.  And I was playing the new UK light, and was stunned by my arty for not spotting the right location. Making me more blind. So I can't say I've enjoyed that.

Homer_J #16 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postr00barb, on 07 August 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

It hasn't been specified, presumably for the same reason it wasn't specified before, to stop people gaming the system. The only mention in the patch notes is "Revised the system of penalties for causing damage and stunning allies" which could mean nothing's changed or that everything has.

I know but since you seem so certain that arty can turn blue I thought you might have some experience.

I had plenty of the old system to compare with.

MeetriX #17 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23152 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostBalc0ra, on 07 August 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

I've not seen any.. casual hits out of cap to "test" it yet like it was on CT. But I've been shot at the back of the turret way more often on the brawling corner. As I suspect most don't care now. Not that that matters or is damaging in any way, other than to make confusing hits markers at times.

But....friendly arty stuns in the HT lane has been way too common today. As most don't care. Not seen anyone turned blue due to it yet as WG claimed.  And I was playing the new UK light, and was stunned by my arty for not spotting the right location. Making me more blind. So I can't say I've enjoyed that.

That is what people wanted, so enjoy.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71585 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMeetriX, on 07 August 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

That is what people wanted, so enjoy.

Well, I've always said this would be a bad idea if implemented wrong. And tho they have not turned everything off like console that helps. It's still ready to be abused as is. And with the report system having everything abusive under one report. It's not gonna make much of a difference.

r00barb #19 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 07 August 2019 - 01:06 PM, said:

I know but since you seem so certain that arty can turn blue I thought you might have some experience.

No personal experience because I don't tend to inflict team damage very often and have always held my shot in arties even if it meant my team mate getting wrecked. I do read the news though.

Source

You can still get a blue nickname in the game but it's a worst case scenario. For example if you push an ally from a cliff which damages or destroys their vehicle, be it on purpose or not. The same goes for flipping an ally upside down. Artillery will also get a team killer status if they stun allies all the time.

That article was published a month ago. Maybe if more people read the news we'd have more constructive discussions on the forum.

Homer_J #20 Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postr00barb, on 07 August 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

No personal experience because I don't tend to inflict team damage very often and have always held my shot in arties even if it meant my team mate getting wrecked. I do read the news though.

That article was published a month ago. Maybe if more people read the news we'd have more constructive discussions on the forum.

I read the news, it tells us nothing.

Arty could previously hit friendlies all day long and never go blue.  I was hoping for some evidence to show that had changed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users