Celebrate the Czech Holidays!

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

jack_timber #201 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39745 battles
I rather like this marathon you just play and get freebies, simple really.

Gremlin182 #202 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 57206 battles

YAY ! 2 great games with really good supportive teams

managed to finish this event now I can check out the dog tags and see what I can get there.

Nice screen pic when you finish.

EinMizlingDk #203 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26650 battles
Done and now i just have too train these ladys :playing:

Falconer210 #204 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7384 battles

I'm playing today for the last assignment (top 3 in damage and experience) and the only matches I'm getting are tier 10 matchups.

I normally don't complain on the forums, there's really no point.

This is however the lowest thing a games developer can do. Make a promise and reneg on it by making it virtually impossible for anyone but the top players to succeed.

This isn't just rock bottom, this is so low that it's practically scraping the core of the earth. It is also a perfect example of the caustic idea of +2/-2 matchmaking.

Frankly, I would ask that Wargaming fix this, but what's the point.

Gremlin182 #205 Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

General

• Player
  • 57206 battles

I did not think I would manage it as I am definitely not a top player average at best.

Took a little more premium because if the game started going well I did not want to bounce shots.

That turned out quite funny as a full clip of premium into the side and rear of an American SPG did no damage.

Played as a support tank as being to aggressive gets me killed every time in this tank.

Couple of games where I got just over 2k damage did it for me one on Glacier and another on Mines.

Guess I was lucky with MM and teams.

I did have doubts as usually Heavies and TDs will do way more damage in a game especially when top tier.

AzoreanOutkast #206 Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10898 battles

View PostFalconer210, on 18 August 2019 - 10:36 AM, said:

I'm playing today for the last assignment (top 3 in damage and experience) and the only matches I'm getting are tier 10 matchups.

This is however the lowest thing a games developer can do. Make a promise and reneg on it by making it virtually impossible for anyone but the top players to succeed.

This isn't just rock bottom, this is so low that it's practically scraping the core of the earth. It is also a perfect example of the caustic idea of +2/-2 matchmaking.

Happens alot and only way to get it done is to invest time, cause u know the way MM works...

So u invest time, u play an absurd number of matches, lose most of them cause MM is as it is, so u can get those 1% games were u do have a chance to complete the mission, at least u dont have to win (that i noticed, so if the team suxs, probrably will be a better way to get the missions done)

The thing that really bugs me about this, is that u are forced to play the tank at the start of the day and if it doesnt go well you are stuck to just playing it cause of the missions, and then, then, there is the time sink you have to invest into the game, and also at the end, in my case the ladies are gonna sit in the barracks cause my regular crew is already trained alot further and i dont wanna lose that.

Falconer210 #207 Posted 18 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7384 battles

View PostAzoreanOutkast, on 18 August 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

Happens alot and only way to get it done is to invest time, cause u know the way MM works...

So u invest time, u play an absurd number of matches, lose most of them cause MM is as it is, so u can get those 1% games were u do have a chance to complete the mission, at least u dont have to win (that i noticed, so if the team suxs, probrably will be a better way to get the missions done)

The thing that really bugs me about this, is that u are forced to play the tank at the start of the day and if it doesnt go well you are stuck to just playing it cause of the missions, and then, then, there is the time sink you have to invest into the game, and also at the end, in my case the ladies are gonna sit in the barracks cause my regular crew is already trained alot further and i dont wanna lose that.

Very true.

I still maintain it is a bloody awful way to do these quests. I have no realistic chance of getting the final reward, and I've been trying all day now. Not even 1 yet, let alone 2.

What I also loathe is the fact that when you die in a game, you have to wait for the game to end before trying again, because you can only do this in 1 tank.

That has to be the most ridiculously and poorly designed feature of this mission marathon. The person who thought of this was probably smoking, swallowing or snorting something very illegal.

Edited by Falconer210, 18 August 2019 - 03:46 PM.

m249jim #208 Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40836 battles
  • [DHPB] DHPB

These missions do nothing to ender WG to its players, there are many issues with this mission, let's start with some of them. -

It's PAY TO WIN, you only get the good rewards if you play a pretty meh premium, you can't even spread it around by using the T40 as the NA server can.

It limits what tanks you can play, as already mentioned, you can only play the T27 while this mission is on, as if you complete the non-T27 mission side of the mission, you have lost those rewards, the only other tanks you can play re ter3 or below to be safe. this has been mentioned a lot, but it deserves to be mentioned again, and again, and again

Top 2 in DMG / Exp for the last mission, come on, unless you get top tier MM, the DMG is very hard to get, as the T27 is pretty meh at this with only 1500DMP

Yes WoT need a decent tie 8 CZ tank, but start in the tech tree, grinding the TVP was one of the worst grinds in the game, the T27 vs the TVP is pretty decent, which shows how bad the TVP is, esp vs the Tier 9 CZ.

__Eric__ #209 Posted 18 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34102 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postm249jim, on 18 August 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

These missions do nothing to ender WG to its players, there are many issues with this mission, let's start with some of them. -

It's PAY TO WIN, you only get the good rewards if you play a pretty meh premium, you can't even spread it around by using the T40 as the NA server can.

It limits what tanks you can play, as already mentioned, you can only play the T27 while this mission is on, as if you complete the non-T27 mission side of the mission, you have lost those rewards, the only other tanks you can play re ter3 or below to be safe. this has been mentioned a lot, but it deserves to be mentioned again, and again, and again

Top 2 in DMG / Exp for the last mission, come on, unless you get top tier MM, the DMG is very hard to get, as the T27 is pretty meh at this with only 1500DMP

Yes WoT need a decent tie 8 CZ tank, but start in the tech tree, grinding the TVP was one of the worst grinds in the game, the T27 vs the TVP is pretty decent, which shows how bad the TVP is, esp vs the Tier 9 CZ.

Please stop whining!!

It is NOT pay to win. It is pay to get more rewards.

Don't have the T27 myself, but did the last mission in tier 4 tanks, pretty easy.

Gremlin182 #210 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 57206 battles

Very nice rewards even without the T27.

With it you are trying to do all the missions in a medium tank that requires careful play.

If you do that you get better rewards 4 crew the crew books which will take you probably to a 3 skill crew and blueprints that will unlock one tank completely and some left over for the next tank.

Without it you still get most of the Blueprints and the missions are easier to complete as you can select different tanks to improve your chances.

WG wants money to run the game so they need to offer players extras so they will spend.

m249jim #211 Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40836 battles
  • [DHPB] DHPB

View Post__Eric__, on 18 August 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

Please stop whining!!

It is NOT pay to win. It is pay to get more rewards.

Don't have the T27 myself, but did the last mission in tier 4 tanks, pretty easy.

It's not whining, it being realistic, and the last mission easily in a tank other then a T27 shows that you haven't played the T27

__Eric__ #212 Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34102 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postm249jim, on 18 August 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

It's not whining, it being realistic, and the last mission easily in a tank other then a T27 shows that you haven't played the T27

As I said, I don't have the T27, so obviously I haven't played it. But you said it is Pay to Win, and that is totally not true.

NPII #213 Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21282 battles
  • [H-A-M] H-A-M

View PostFalconer210, on 18 August 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

I had exactly the same problem. Several dozens of games with the skoda and managed dmg #3 exp #4. So, as there is only few hours left, i decided to use other tanks to finish the quest. However, now I can't "upgrade" the mission results with my skoda :(

AzoreanOutkast #214 Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10898 battles

Ah Ah Ah!

Im shocked!!!

Got home, did 3 battles and got mission 10 done and got the style, the book and the girl...

RNG Jesus was on my side this time! :)

Hyina #215 Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 56281 battles

Am I the only one who hasn't obtained the female crew rewards? Can't see them anywhere...

Oh I see, I have to buy the tank in order to do them... :(

Edited by Hyina, 18 August 2019 - 09:52 PM.

m249jim #216 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40836 battles
  • [DHPB] DHPB

View PostAzoreanOutkast, on 18 August 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Ah Ah Ah!

Im shocked!!!

Got home, did 3 battles and got mission 10 done and got the style, the book and the girl...

RNG Jesus was on my side this time! :)

Lucky you, have played a lot today, about 70% tier X battles, 15% tier IX  10 % all tier 8and 5% top tier, win rate has been reasonable, but you can forget getting top dmg unless your in at least all tier 8

Kl4uX0rr #217 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25978 battles
  • [RND-X] RND-X

All good and funny, WG, but you screw my life big time :(

Playing the same tank over and over again was no fun at all.

The fact that I had to play this one tank and do the missions before I could use the tanks I liked to play (If I would have used them I would have completed the lesser mission), was lame and frustrating.

August is vacation time for most ppl. Setting this event this particular months sucks! I had problems with my family - Big thank you again! and Cheers from all of them.

Right now I'm in my hotel somewhere near the seaside, with my laptop and a public wi-fi attempting to get the last mission done and I just have to say: I'm so frustrated and pissed off on you.

I no longer can play this game for fun, when I want and can, I have to make it a second job, everyday, thanks to your new generous achievements.

It's very tiresome, and not quite appreciated. 

The Czech Holidays had became the Czech Ordeals for some.

Very disappointing. Thumb down. 

:(

AzoreanOutkast #218 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10898 battles

View Postm249jim, on 18 August 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

Lucky you, have played a lot today, about 70% tier X battles, 15% tier IX  10 % all tier 8and 5% top tier, win rate has been reasonable, but you can forget getting top dmg unless your in at least all tier 8

Actually u can, my 1st battle that counted (second of the day), was a loss in tier X battle, but i was last to die and still did some fair amount of damage coming on the 3rd of the list, u just need a team of muppets to pull it off, dont need to win.

WoT_RU_Doing #219 Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57288 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

It took me 24 battles to actually do today's mission. Like Azorean says, there are two ways to succeed....play well in a good battle, or hope for a really bad team and just out play them. In my case I managed one of each...just ;) ...

shot_2411.jpgshot_2409.jpg

shot_2412.jpgshot_2410.jpg

With the requirements to get both top 3 by damage on the team, AND top 3 by XP, it's a very tough final mission which I'm sure many will not have succeeded in. The fact that it is extremely reliant on the skill of the other players and luck with what teams and tanks you get in the line up only adds to the frustration.

OldTriumph #220 Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26059 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH

Well I have to get up for work in 4h so im giving up .... just stupid .... Definatly the last mission I try to do ... just a wast of time

The only missions I have managed to do are the TOG and French Jakson missions,  all the others IS6, T25 Pilot, etc  were imposible..

I thought this one would be posible

(my win rate is 51% guess I need to get better)

Conclustion: If you have a job and family dont play this game, I already gave up WOWS (ships) as wargaming made the premium time differnt between games, its not like they let you play both games at the same time ....

Events can be fun, but only if you can finish them.. 

Edited by OldTriumph, 19 August 2019 - 02:46 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users