STOP removing things which could improve the game

feedback

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

RetroCh1cken #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4935 battles

So this might be both a bit of a rant and some feedback.

I've been playing this game for a long time and for some like me, the typical random battles gamemode can become stale at times. So let me ask you, why is Wargaming constantly teasing us with adding these temporarily gamemodes and features to only remove them later and keep the core game the same since it was first released.

We recently got a neat little PVE gamemode, while flawed could add much to the game if they fixed the issues with it. Why is Wargaming going through all this work, working on all these gamemodes & features if they are only going to be in the game for a month at max and never to be seen again?

Now when tankfest is here, we got another little cool thing, dog tags which are going to be removed too. While they don't really add anything to the game it let's players personalize their account and is a fun little gimmick which won't hurt anyone if they were left in the game.

Wouldn't the game be more popular or wouldn't the playerbase be busier if there were more things to do? More variety in gamemodes? More neat little features to do in the game?

I mean it wouldn't hurt anyone to keep at least some of the already fully developed and working gamemodes in the game, would it? In worst case scenario some doesn't even have to be improved, if they only exist as a little side-gamemode that would be enough to at least take a quick break from the same gamemode which you play over & over again.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

They focus on randoms because that's where the money is. I do agree with you and would like HF to be available on a regular basis but i also don't want them pulling the plug on WOT because the money dried up. Randoms got the premiums, the free XP conversion, the credits, the gold, the showing off of stats and reward tanks, etc. It's a selfish child who doesn't like to share!

IntruderFI #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48463 battles
  • [-SIR] -SIR
No wonder WG ignores 99.9% if these so called suggestions.

kaneloon #4 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30553 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A
I was only 2 weeks in holidays and couldn't even try this blitz event ...

RetroCh1cken #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4935 battles

View PostIntruderFI, on 07 August 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

No wonder WG ignores 99.9% if these so called suggestions.

Care to explain what's exactly is wrong with wanting the game to have more features which would expand what you can do in the game and make it feel fresher?

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 07 August 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

They focus on randoms because that's where the money is. I do agree with you and would like HF to be available on a regular basis but i also don't want them pulling the plug on WOT because the money dried up. Randoms got the premiums, the free XP conversion, the credits, the gold, the showing off of stats and reward tanks, etc. It's a selfish child who doesn't like to share!

Good point from their perspective in one way but they could always change it more to their liking. Things which could cost gold, make it so they can make money from them, cause of right now the gamemodes are made for an event, if they were to be kept they could be adapted into a more ''free to play'' format for the game.

Even the small things as the dogtags could be made into a bigger deal, you could have grindy missions in random battles to get some unique skin for the dogtag or some could be locked behind gold, etc. Yes, some won't care about dogtages but some will still care about having that extra thing and it's not like they would lose money with keeping such a small thing in the game. It's neither hard to add more & more dog tags cause it's just a 2d sprite.

StinkyStonky #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 05:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33309 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 07 August 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

Why is Wargaming going through all this work, working on all these gamemodes & features if they are only going to be in the game for a month at max and never to be seen again?

Now when tankfest is here, we got another little cool thing, dog tags which are going to be removed too.

Wouldn't the game be more popular or wouldn't the playerbase be busier if there were more things to do? More variety in gamemodes? More neat little features to do in the game?

I mean it wouldn't hurt anyone to keep at least some of the already fully developed and working gamemodes in the game, would it? 

I think you are underestimating a few things

1) Software maintenance cost.  Imagine if the kept all those silly short term modes in the game (football, pool, that moon thing, the various Halloween modes) and then they want to add a new currency like bonds ... and so they change the scoring and end of game reward algorithms ... and not the game keeps crashing ... because of some interaction with the Halloween mode from 3 years ago not being compatible with the Football mode since the bond changes.  This is particularly bad considering :-

2) Hardly any players ... these novelty modes are hugely popular when they first come out.  Everyone plays them all the time ... until they're bored .... and then they stop.  Everyone is already sick of Frontlines but we stick with it because of the rewards (the tanks on offer).  But when these are cut back to the same low silver/xp rewards as randoms, the queue times become enormous.

3) All of these modes have 1 purpose .... keep players happy, engaged and spending money.  Long dead modes played by small numbers of die hards remove players (and revenue) from the core game.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 07 August 2019 - 08:41 PM, said:

Good point from their perspective in one way but they could always change it more to their liking. Things which could cost gold, make it so they can make money from them, cause of right now the gamemodes are made for an event, if they were to be kept they could be adapted into a more ''free to play'' format for the game.

Even the small things as the dogtags could be made into a bigger deal, you could have grindy missions in random battles to get some unique skin for the dogtag or some could be locked behind gold, etc. Yes, some won't care about dogtages but some will still care about having that extra thing and it's not like they would lose money with keeping such a small thing in the game. It's neither hard to add more & more dog tags cause it's just a 2d sprite.

You're right of course, they can advance step by step along with the player base but i think it's a case of "how to train your dragon?" :)

If we've been trained for years to accept and be content with less, why give us more advanced stuff? You, and me, on the other hand could argue that ideas are free, limited only by the company's creativity and got the potential to make money so why not?

Hard to win the argument though when: "conservative is good, conservative made us 1.5bn USD. We can't be wrong!"

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 07 August 2019 - 06:29 PM.

RetroCh1cken #8 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4935 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 07 August 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

I think you are underestimating a few things

1) Software maintenance cost.  Imagine if the kept all those silly short term modes in the game (football, pool, that moon thing, the various Halloween modes) and then they want to add a new currency like bonds ... and so they change the scoring and end of game reward algorithms ... and not the game keeps crashing ... because of some interaction with the Halloween mode from 3 years ago not being compatible with the Football mode since the bond changes.  This is particularly bad considering :-

2) Hardly any players ... these novelty modes are hugely popular when they first come out.  Everyone plays them all the time ... until they're bored .... and then they stop.  Everyone is already sick of Frontlines but we stick with it because of the rewards (the tanks on offer).  But when these are cut back to the same low silver/xp rewards as randoms, the queue times become enormous.

3) All of these modes have 1 purpose .... keep players happy, engaged and spending money.  Long dead modes played by small numbers of die hards remove players (and revenue) from the core game.

I'm not saying every mode has to be added but some, like the recent PVE gamemode homefront. It was flawed, forced and other things but balanced out it I believe it could have been a really fun gamemode.

Also about bonds, of course, the gamemodes would have to be tweaked to fit the current currencies and such but it wouldn't be too much work, your only changing the rewards and currency etc. Not the core gamemode. If getting bored from it is a concern then it could be made into a daily thing like homefront. You could get a nice little reward of some kind from finishing match but you could only play it once everyday.

There are so many ways the gamemodes can be implemented in various ways, it's just a shame to see all these features getting removed which have the potential to add something to the game. 

As Kuzkina said, it is probably a matter of Wargaming having getting so used to not changing the game that they don't wanna risk or fix something which already ''works'' and the same to the playbase.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 07 August 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

You're right of course, they can advance step by step along with the player base but i think it's a case of "how to train your dragon?" :)

If we've been trained for years to accept and be content with less, why give us more advanced stuff? You, and me, on the other hand could argue that ideas are free, limited only by the company's creativity and got the potential to make money so why not?

Hard to win the argument though when: "conservative is good, conservative made us 1.5bn USD. We can't be wrong!"

When you say it like that I guess that's why it is like it is. Would explain a lot and companies like to play it safe with their money so I guess that's why, it's still a shame either way.

Sunshinetrooper #9 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9270 battles
500 players on the server? I'd rather that pool not be dwindled by people want to shoot bots in pvE and people who want to shoot bots in PvP.

RetroCh1cken #10 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4935 battles

View PostSunshinetrooper, on 07 August 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

500 players on the server? I'd rather that pool not be dwindled by people want to shoot bots in pvE and people who want to shoot bots in PvP.

I've never had any problem joining any battles when any special event gamemodes happened which often had good rewards, so I can't really see it then happening if a side-mode gets added.

Note, I'm not saying any gamemodes should replace random battles, I'm only saying they could be a fun little side gamemode to spice up the game and not having to constantly play the same gamemode over & over again.

Who knows, it might even make the game more popular which would result in an income of more players.

onderschepper #11 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

HF may become a regular thing depending upon how it was received, as its initial run was merely a "stop-gap" between the end of FL and the start of Tank Festival.

I have no doubt that other such gaps exist in WG's calendar of events, offering the perfect opportunity to roll it out again with additions/ revisions. :)

Edited by onderschepper, 07 August 2019 - 07:03 PM.

Also tagged with feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users