Frontline

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

slitth #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13792 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

I have read some of the feedback regarding some of the premium tanks that you can encounter in Frontline.

So I thought one of the way you could removed negative impact from such tanks would to limit them to one life per battle.

It would mean that you can remove them from the permanently from that battle.

And that you have to think of where and when you would like to make use of a specific tank.

For WG it would mean that they could sell more premium tanks.

What do you think?

F_U_R_Y_666 #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9974 battles

No Thanks..

Suurpolskija #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

That would make Frontlines even more campy because people would be more afraid to lose their tank. 

That would also encourage people to buy more premium tanks to have enough for frontlines even when things get rough. 

All in all I think it would be a bad idea and punish players that don't have 5+ meta premium tanks with good crews. 

slitth #4 Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13792 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostSuurpolskija, on 07 August 2019 - 06:28 PM, said:

That would make Frontlines even more campy because people would be more afraid to lose their tank. 

That would also encourage people to buy more premium tanks to have enough for frontlines even when things get rough. 

All in all I think it would be a bad idea and punish players that don't have 5+ meta premium tanks with good crews. 

I see your point.

But the idea is to get people to A. Buy more premium tanks or B. Play rental / tech tree tanks.

Frontline is not made so that some players can use the same optimised premium tank to make game miserable for others.

Killing a scorpion or other powerful premium tank should have a affect on the game.

And no one is forcing anyone to have 5+ meta premium tanks, they can just have tech tree tanks with good crews instead.

The alternative to this is just to ban the most problematic tanks from Frontline instead.

Edited by slitth, 07 August 2019 - 07:57 PM.

I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18086 battles
  • [NASO] NASO

I need Credits.

Millions.

I like Premium Tanks.

Schepel #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64274 battles

View Postslitth, on 07 August 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

I have read some of the feedback regarding some of the premium tanks that you can encounter in Frontline.

So I thought one of the way you could removed negative impact from such tanks would to limit them to one life per battle.

And that you have to think of where and when you would like to make use of a specific tank.

What do you think?

Worst idea I've read in a long time. FL is the one place where lights really shine. Proper light tank play means you have to take risks. If you punish people for playing lights properly, all you do is make sure that nobody will ever go and scout the cap zones.

Edit: For some reason, I read 'scouts' instead of 'premiums'.

However, now that I read the idea properly, it is somehow even less appealing. I paid good money for those premium tanks OP seems to dislike so much. I'd like to be able to play them, thank you very much.

Edited by Schepel, 07 August 2019 - 09:39 PM.

7thSyndicate #7 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46843 battles

View Postslitth, on 07 August 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

What do you think?

I think if they removed all tanks it could be a very nice gaming experience

StronkiTonki #8 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 33690 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

I have unlocked literally every tier 9 tank in the tech tree.

I need credits to buy the remaining tier 10 vehicles in the game.

I don't need any exp on regular tier 8 tanks anymore.

Not gonna stop playing prems until I literally do not need credits anymore.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14476 battles

View Postslitth, on 07 August 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

What do you think?

Xandania #10 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41394 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

While I can understand the sentiment (in fact after the first week of frontlines it was so overrun with progettos and skorpions that I only entered the queue with arty), I think there is no real solution to this.

The map favours mobile gameplay - so lights got their place to shine. The trouble with some preiums is that they seem significantly better than regular tanks - and a world apart from stock tanks you might want to grind in this mode.

Those who grind for credits will want to take their premiums - those who want to grind want their grindy tonks.

So I'd say it is basically a balancing issue once again...

slitth #11 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13792 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostSchepel, on 07 August 2019 - 07:07 PM, said:

Worst idea I've read in a long time. FL is the one place where lights really shine. Proper light tank play means you have to take risks. If you punish people for playing lights properly, all you do is make sure that nobody will ever go and scout the cap zones.

The HWK 12, LTTB, M41 Walker Bulldog, WZ-132, Bat.-Châtillon 12 t , Panhard AML Lynx 6x6 and LHMTV are light tanks that you can use for that play style, and the premium are still a option, there is just an added risk.

View PostStronkiTonki, on 07 August 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

I have unlocked literally every tier 9 tank in the tech tree.

I need credits to buy the remaining tier 10 vehicles in the game.

I don't need any exp on regular tier 8 tanks anymore.

Not gonna stop playing prems until I literally do not need credits anymore.

There are still other ways to use the premiums, I believe that random battles still offer a slightly better credit income per hour.

View PostXandania, on 07 August 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

While I can understand the sentiment (in fact after the first week of frontlines it was so overrun with progettos and skorpions that I only entered the queue with arty), I think there is no real solution to this.

The map favours mobile gameplay - so lights got their place to shine. The trouble with some preiums is that they seem significantly better than regular tanks - and a world apart from stock tanks you might want to grind in this mode.

Those who grind for credits will want to take their premiums - those who want to grind want their grindy tonks.

I do not see a big problem adding a little risk to the extra credit income. Especial for the ones that seem significantly better than regular tanks.

After all is not that much different than dying in a random battle and waiting for the tank to be released.

In such case you can just play another premium while you wait.

Schepel #12 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64274 battles

View PostXandania, on 07 August 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

I ran around in my M46 KR and any number of other premiums not generally seen in FL. Performed well enough. Progetto is fun to play and a good tank, but doing well in FL doesn't so much depend on whether or not you own the hot flavour of the month premium, but on solid performance. Play a steady damage game, be sure to pick up some points from capping and decapping and you are set for major at least, barring the odd idiot rush game that leaves everybody at a low rank.

Block Quote

The HWK 12, LTTB, M41 Walker Bulldog, WZ-132, Bat.-Châtillon 12 t , Panhard AML Lynx 6x6 and LHMTV are light tanks that you can use for that play style, and the premium are still a option, there is just an added risk.

I misread the opening post. I got nearly all T8's in the game. Crewed and ready to go. Thing is, I want to play premium tanks. I like to earn credits. I don't need to grind experience on tech trees I have already completed, thank you very much. Not to mention that I would be severely displeased if I were unable to play tanks I purchased with real life money.

Edited by Schepel, 07 August 2019 - 09:52 PM.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71481 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Considering 90% plays FL for the premium tank income. That's one way to kill off the mode fast.

View Postslitth, on 07 August 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

True, but I play the EBR and ELC 90 for income and crew training in FL. I have zero tier 8's I need XP on, and thus I don't play normal tanks on FL. And if most pick the 432 or EBR as their first light. Then they would be more passive. As they don't want to lose their tank, they want to farm damage etc in it instead. You might see fewer premiums yolo the turrets tho. And Progettos would not be as aggressive as some are in them on the first push. As again... risk of losing it. Or a Defender not capping as he don't want to die early. Either way it's not gonna make anything better I suspect.

Now I don't mind as I have several premiums to pick from. Others... less so. And if they only have one or two tier 8 premiums in a sea of normal tanks. They will def be more passive if income is their main goal. Unlike one that starts in a T32 or T-44 etc doing it for the XP, and can pick it again 6 min later. I mean if the only premium you have is the IS-6. Should he suffer just because some like to play the 432 and Progetto more? And what about FL premiums?

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 August 2019 - 12:05 AM.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #14 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9660 battles

uuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

WE ALREADY HAVE THAT IN RANDOMS

YOU SHOULD GET A JOB IN THE GOVERNMENT

THE GOVERNMENT NEEDS GENIUSES LIKE YOU

Have a nice day and try not to get a job that influences society

There isn't a university on planet earth that does a degree in common bluddy sense and there's a reason for that

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 07 August 2019 - 11:56 PM.

Also tagged with Frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users