Igor_Stamatovski #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46413 battles
  • [L-SUN] L-SUN

Why people are toxic in this game.

Here is my opinion share yours.

All starts from the matchmaker.

WG lets players reach high tiers faster than before. You can have total noobs in tier 9 and 10 now, with crucial tanks like spotters destroyers etc etc... doing nothing ruining the game.

Instead of fixing the retarded MM, WG introduced banning peoples chat so you cant write. Instead of fixing the source they are just patching.

Next is team damage. Well 99 % of all cases are people shooting at spotters if they dont spot, or killing friendly artillery.

1% is troll damage.

And again you dont look at the 1 % but the remaining majority and we see again and again is that the source is again assembling teams with players that have no clue how to play.

And yes its irritating, especially at higher tiers where players easy lose credits and have to purchase.

So again instead of fixing the source for why people are irritated and toxic, they just ban the rest of the real player base.

It seems if the game is deliberately irritating which is maybe one of the addictive elements, and its better for me to think like that otherwise the wg team is driven by incompetent bozos.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24211 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostIgor_Stamatovski, on 07 August 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

And yes its irritating, especially at higher tiers where players easy lose credits and have to purchase.

So again instead of fixing the source for why people are irritated and toxic, they just ban the rest of the real player base.

The game is designed to push people to buy premium to cope at higher tiers. To give players credits at higher tiers just for turning up is not good for business.

If a player can't control his need to be toxic, that's his fault and a ban is rightfully given. At some point the toxic player will learn, just like little kids do, that there are consequences for bad behavior.

StronkiTonki #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 33716 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Dunning Kruger effect. Everyone always blames everyone but themselves and never consider that they themselves did something wrong.

I can guarantee you that 99% of people who spam the map or flame the chat are people who died a few seconds ago, because they are blaming their teammates for dying.

Now I am not saying that it's "never" your team's fault that you die. But in most cases, people just don't have enough map awareness and ability to predict things to prevent themselves from getting killed early.

Also a lot of people are just too ignorant when it comes to certain tactics. Even something as basic as retreating is seen as a "cowardly move", yet it being needed to pull off lots of successful matches.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14539 battles

All starts from the matchmaker.

WG lets players reach high tiers faster than before. You can have total noobs in tier 9 and 10 now, with crucial tanks like spotters destroyers etc etc... doing nothing ruining the game.

Leepants #5 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19824 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

Well 99 % of all cases are people shooting at spotters if they dont spot, or killing friendly artillery.

Yep.

Cos folk don't understand view range. Think that you have to crash into a big gun before it's spotted

Fighto #6 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38032 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I don't like playing with people with "issues" because if your playing WOT with a 42% win rate over and over and you enjoys that, you have problems . I recently sent a message to a player recommending tier 1 and 2 and  I got a msg back a few weeks later saying his 7 year old son plays the  account, so basically I pay for his bady sitter and thats why this game is on the way out. As long as a 50% players get matched with a 43%er,  just forget it.

malachi6 #7 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

Toxicity exists without video games not because of them.  The main reason is a total lack of empathy and an inability to think critically about being frustrated.  The vast majority have no idea of the veil of ignorance.  Plus the internet gives people the opportunity to act out of anonymity.

Choosing to play a game that is free to everybody and expecting everybody to act according to your ideals is illustrative of my above comments.

People are responsible for their own behaviour.  The observation "you make me feel" is clearly fallacious.

Personally, I believe most people show their true nature when able to hide who they are.

Edited by malachi6, 07 August 2019 - 09:42 PM.

Pansenmann #8 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35983 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmalachi6, on 07 August 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

Personally, I believe most people show their true nature when able to hide who they are.

wise words. :honoring:

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19589 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

All starts with the Player.

Some players seem to think they need to rush, rush rush up the tiers. Some players don't want to wait for anything, they don't want to earn anything, they just want everything given to them now.

Some lack there maturity to handle this situation. The can't control their emotions, so they rant and rage and when that doesn't work, they look to other ways to fulfil their needs. The result is team damage, team killing, and generally trying to make life miserable for other people. They also look for excuses for their immaturity, namely blaming aspects of the game, the players, MM, arty and the like.

GlintEastwood #10 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14681 battles

> TOXICITY

Also the name of the best album from System of a Down.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #11 Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9814 battles

Its just angry young guys, nothing more

Even the judiciary has learned to give them a few shots at screwing up before sending them to the chicken coop

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32707 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

Probably too many snowflakes with a sense of entitlement and raging hormones.  Once they are old enough to find a girl I dare say they will settle down.

There could also be a higher than average autistic element to PC gamers.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #13 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9814 battles

All suicide bombers are under 45 years of age

Is this because old people are more sensible?

Is this because old people are smarter?

Nope

It's raging hormones, they cloud your judgement

Young

Dumb

And full of cum

Robbie_T #14 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19890 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Well lately i sometimes i get Toxic unicums messages .

Like today I was on tundra map With my Cromwell B was a chaotic game but for me it was a super game..everything rolled in to place.

So awesome game! after the battle message : You think you soo good but i am better,you are nothing i have 55% winrate you 48,8 bla bla bla.

So i check it was a tier 8 td  that i sneaked up from behind and totally suprised him.

So i say man co cry. and go to my next battle....i swear that unicum went on whole night that he was so awesome .

Pretty pathetic behavior...

2weeks before that i was in my standard B on a map in the end it was 5 vs 5 me and 4 campers against the enemy standard b and his 4 campers.

So i get in to action and by the grace of the Wg gods i managed to kill the 4 tier 8 heavys ...my tier 7s where still camping on the other side of the map.

But after the 4 heavys i was basicly a 1 shotand there comes the standard B who hided the whole time full health finish me off course end of the game he managed to pull a victory.

message again after the game: I am the better standard B and you are nothing i won bla bla....

So i say yeah by hiding and let 4 of your team mates get killed.......

well he went totally banana's sayd he would F my mom....i sayd go ahead she dead for 6 years....

And than i told him he was so good with his 62k games and 54%winrate......but what have you done in RL..dont think much.....

No Gf ,probberly ugly as a troll,failed in every aspect in RL so i can understand you want to be the man in WOT.

Off course he had a Gf and he was super rich and almost mr Olympia he was just that MAN ...hahahahahaha

Edited by Robbie_T, 08 August 2019 - 03:00 AM.

Robbie_T #15 Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19890 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 08 August 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

All suicide bombers are under 45 years of age

Is this because old people are more sensible?

Is this because old people are smarter?

Nope

It's raging hormones, they cloud your judgement

Young

Dumb

And full of cum

The majority of kids yes....but the game industry did that themselfs .

Saw a docu about it  that they made games easier because the majority of the kids got verry bad motorskills these days.

....but i have seen also a lot of name1965 name1972  that where horrible to the point you think how you survived this long on earth.

Captain_Kremen0 #16 Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38956 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostRobbie_T, on 08 August 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

The majority of kids yes....but the game industry did that themselfs .

Saw a docu about it  that they made games easier because the majority of the kids got verry bad motorskills these days.

....but i have seen also a lot of name1965 name1972  that where horrible to the point you think how you survived this long on earth.

Old games were harder - fact. Some of them insanely so.

As to the latter part - that sounds very ageist considering the demographic of this forum......3 pints of stella and you might get an invitation to the car park off someone.

Homer_J #17 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIgor_Stamatovski, on 07 August 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

You can have total noobs in tier 9 and 10 now

Well nobody forces you to play tier 9 and 10, you can have just as much fun in tier 5 or 6 instead.

Tealo #18 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40558 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostStronkiTonki, on 07 August 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Dunning Kruger effect. Everyone always blames everyone but themselves and never consider that they themselves did something wrong.

I can guarantee you that 99% of people who spam the map or flame the chat are people who died a few seconds ago, because they are blaming their teammates for dying.

Now I am not saying that it's "never" your team's fault that you die. But in most cases, people just don't have enough map awareness and ability to predict things to prevent themselves from getting killed early.

Also a lot of people are just too ignorant when it comes to certain tactics. Even something as basic as retreating is seen as a "cowardly move", yet it being needed to pull off lots of successful matches.

You are demonstrating a classic intergroup bias which obviously a big part of Groupthink, you are aware of the dangers???

Because of your knowledge of Phychology :teethhappy: Which I suspect is simply repeating the 'Dunning Kruger Effect' ie being none what so ever! Ironicy the only one whom displays a Dunning Kruger Effect is You, not the OP!! :P 

ThinGun #19 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 39390 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostHomer_J, on 08 August 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Well nobody forces you to play tier 9 and 10, you can have just as much fun in tier 5 or 6 instead.

Well, even if you have fun at lower tiers, some entitled greeny is going to accuse you of 'seal clubbing'.  Ya can't do right for doing right.

Igor_Stamatovski #20 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46413 battles
  • [L-SUN] L-SUN

To be more precise... This is the point of the first post.

Instead of dealing with toxicity, is it better if you remove the source why people get toxic, not deal with toxic people after they become toxic.

MM should be fixed its badly broken. Also i dont trust the wg statistics and probably stupid are the ones that look at wg numbers. They go high if you pay more its that simple.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users