paint - no camo bonus?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Schepel #1 Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64380 battles
Forgive me if I am being silly, but I seem to recall that paint offered the same camo bonus as any of the camo options. To my surprise, when I painted a newly acquired tank, only when I applied camo it said it got the 3% camo bonus. Is this a recent change, a bug or was this always the case?

Xandania #2 Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41673 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
That was always the case - paint is just for looks - but you only "need" camo on the hull of your tank.

TungstenHitman #3 Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30021 battles

This happened me yesterday too. I requested in another thread about the new customization updates that this might be considered to be included as having a camo rating the same as any other. I know it's down as base colors but still, we have "camo" that's actually bright red Christmas decorations and other laughably non-camo camo, which I have absolutely no problem at all with, each to their own BUT, why not also include the plain paint options as camo. 

Here's what I did yesterday. I didn't really like the Italian camo choice for Summer and Winter seasons so I painted the tank with German light grey base paint which I though looked pretty nice, paid for it with gold but to my surprise I had lost the camo bonus. I still played a battle with it though since sometimes style and sexiness takes priority over function.... and I kicked some serious behind with my sexy grey tank. ;)

Edited by TungstenHitman, 07 August 2019 - 10:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users