• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Valery_Legasov #1 Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3980 battles
  • [DAG0D] DAG0D

Hey guys,

This night when i was streaming i got 2 interesting shots by Obj705A. When his gun looking through sky he shot me 2 times and penned 2 of them.

I already send a ticket about it but i wonder your opinions about this situation. Some guys told me this looks like "mortar arty glitch", really it looks like the same.

Here is clip 1: https://www.twitch.tv/cptcloudsgod/clip/DignifiedNeighborlyEyeballMau5?filter=clips&range=24hr&sort=time

Here is clip 2: https://www.twitch.tv/cptcloudsgod/clip/SpeedyUnusualHorseAMPTropPunch?filter=clips&range=24hr&sort=time

And here is replay, time around 3-4:35 minutes: http://wotreplays.eu/site/4981633#fjords-valery_legasov-t95_fv4201_chieftain

Balc0ra #2 Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71518 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

As his shell does not come out from the gun as such, and he is still aiming up when looking at you. I suspect it's just a visual glitch more so then a hack... nothing more. It's not like he hacked to send the shell at you in an arch that way by aiming up. As again "hacks" can only manipulate that much when most about firing a gun is done via the server. Not his client.

It's like when you see someone's turret jump instantly towards you. Or your turret does it and the shell comes out the side vs where you aim. Due to client to server delays or miscommunication. As that will lead to visual issues like that. As can happen, when just about everything but aiming input is done via the server vs your client. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 August 2019 - 03:56 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Could it be related to this bug? The guy looks like he is trying to find his aim.

On a side note, don't play when you're tired. :)

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 08 August 2019 - 03:59 AM.

Valery_Legasov #4 Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3980 battles
  • [DAG0D] DAG0D

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 August 2019 - 03:54 AM, said:

As his shell does not come out from the gun as such, and he is still aiming up when looking at you. I suspect it's just a visual glitch more so then a hack... nothing more. It's not like he hacked to send the shell at you in an arch that way by aiming up. As again "hacks" can only manipulate that much when most about firing a gun is done via the server. Not his client.

It's like when you see someone's turret jump instantly towards you. Or your turret does it and the shell comes out the side vs where you aim. Due to client to server delays or miscommunication. As that will lead to visual issues like that. As can happen, when just about everything but aiming input is done via the server vs your client. 

It might be a visual glitch i know but this guy keeps his aim elevated almost all the time. I know he can't hack the shell or something but im playing this game about 6-7 years, this is the first time i see some situation like this.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 August 2019 - 03:58 AM, said:

Could it be related to this bug? The guy looks like he is trying to find his aim.

On a side note, don't play when you're tired. :)

I watched emil II video but he is standing behind a dead tank and when he is trying aim to patton his gun stays behind dead tank's gun. So reticle shows, if you shoot you are going to hit a dead body's gun.. Nothing more i think.

PS: I wasn't tired at all Kappa

Edited by Valery_Legasov, 08 August 2019 - 04:08 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostValery_Legasov, on 08 August 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

I watched emil II video but he is standing behind a dead tank and when he is trying aim to patton his gun stays behind dead tank's gun. So reticle shows, if you shoot you are going to hit a dead body's gun.. Nothing more i think.

PS: I wasn't tired at all Kappa

You could try to reproduce that in a training room to see if it's a game bug or something else.

Homer_J #6 Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostValery_Legasov, on 08 August 2019 - 03:40 AM, said:

Hey guys,

This night when i was streaming i got 2 interesting shots by Obj705A. When his gun looking through sky he shot me 2 times and penned 2 of them.

I already send a ticket about it but i wonder your opinions about this situation. 

What you see and what is actually happening are not always the same.  It only takes the odd packet to go astray between the server and you for you to see something completely different to what is happening server side.

So if he shot you then his gun was pointing at you, if you saw different then it's just because that's how it is until you invent the perfect internet with zero latency and zero packet loss.

malachi6 #7 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

Sometimes when you see something strange happen,  and you are not sure why it is quite okay to say I don't know.  Jumping to faulty conclusions because you need an answer is poor thinking.  

TheDrownedApe #8 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48674 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

did you think to ask the other guy afterwards?

I've had numerous occasions where I initially called HACK!! but PM'd the guy first and got a reasonable explanation which I hadn't thought of. Clearly it doesn't work most of the time as the other player often doesn't respond

Valery_Legasov #9 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3980 battles
  • [DAG0D] DAG0D
Of course i asked the guy first. Asked for his replay but no responses..

For all other comments, clearly as i mention in first post, im asking for other people's opinions and thoughts. Im not a type of crying to other players like "cheater, reported, warpack, etc".

Have you ever seen something like this? When im playing vk7201 checking enemy's gun and i angle it against where enemy is aiming etc. So this is not about my ping i think it might be about server stuff.

Homer_J #10 Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostValery_Legasov, on 08 August 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Have you ever seen something like this? 

Yes, often.

View PostValery_Legasov, on 08 August 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

So this is not about my ping

You are showing a woeful lack of understanding.  You can have packet loss without it affecting your ping, especially with WoT which only counts complete round trips for ping calculations.

Tealo #11 Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40448 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostValery_Legasov, on 08 August 2019 - 02:40 AM, said:

Hey guys,

I already send a ticket about it but i wonder your opinions about this situation. Some guys told me this looks like "mortar arty glitch", really it looks like the same.

Here is clip 1: https://www.twitch.tv/cptcloudsgod/clip/DignifiedNeighborlyEyeballMau5?filter=clips&range=24hr&sort=time

Here is clip 2: https://www.twitch.tv/cptcloudsgod/clip/SpeedyUnusualHorseAMPTropPunch?filter=clips&range=24hr&sort=time

And here is replay, time around 3-4:35 minutes: http://wotreplays.eu/site/4981633#fjords-valery_legasov-t95_fv4201_chieftain

That's defintely an aimbot :popcorn:AS the round doesn't come out of the end of the barrel but the front of the turret so yes you can litterly point the barrel up but the aimbot will shoot down counter to the direction of the barrel on the Y axis and to some degree on the X axis/horizontal ,  .. It's a very obvious sign some one is using that mod espicially on ridge lines doing peek aboo, where it can really be abused and expolited..

This player is very lazy and stupid as he can't even be bothered to roughly point the cursor/aim at your tank which of course would of hidden the 'fact!' of using an aimbot..Visually

Edited by Tealo, 08 August 2019 - 12:16 PM.

Valery_Legasov #12 Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3980 battles
  • [DAG0D] DAG0D

As a response to my ticket,

We understand your situation, you should use in game reporting system by Ctrl + Right click . . .

They dont even know what im asking, what im talking about and even dont know what they are talking about Kappa

Slyspy #13 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14676 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTealo, on 08 August 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

That's defintely an aimbot :popcorn:AS the round doesn't come out of the end of the barrel but the front of the turret so yes you can litterly point the barrel up but the aimbot will shoot down counter to the direction of the barrel on the Y axis and to some degree on the X axis/horizontal ,  .. It's a very obvious sign some one is using that mod espicially on ridge lines doing peek aboo, where it can really be abused and expolited..

This player is very lazy and stupid as he can't even be bothered to roughly point the cursor/aim at your tank which of course would of hidden the 'fact!' of using an aimbot..Visually

Aimbots don't circumvent the usual aiming system, they piggy-back it. 

Tealo #14 Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40448 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostSlyspy, on 08 August 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Aimbots don't circumvent the usual aiming system, they piggy-back it. 

I'm aware of that, just as the Visual models don't match the hit models.. As I wrote the shot is not modeled out of the end of the barrel (visual model) but the front of the turret,The barrel (where it's pointing) visual model has nothing to do with where the shot goes! Which was a design 'mechanic' choice made back in 2009 because it was easier at the time to code-short cut, which can be exploited notebley by gaining a few extra degrees effective gun depresson on a taller tank (turret is higher) by simply firing in 3rd person not zoomed in sniper mode legally without the use of any kind of mod...

As the aming perspective in 3rd person compared to being in sniper mode dont match, they are different, so is the aiming/firing angle...It's never going to get 'socalled' fixed as there now over 500 tanks in the game and every one of those models plus the aiming/shot visual and mechanic would have to be completely recoded..

I've seen you use this expolit yourself years ago on a Jingles video when playing AMX ELC in the good old days on a ridge line, I remember! :P I rather not go hunting trying to dig out that old video of you from Jingles Youtube Playlist, So no I don't have a replay. :facepalm:

Edited by Tealo, 08 August 2019 - 03:36 PM.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #15 Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostValery_Legasov, on 08 August 2019 - 03:40 AM, said:

Hey guys,

The rule of thumb is this: If you have to ask, then yes, it is

Homer_J #16 Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTealo, on 08 August 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Just :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

View PostValery_Legasov, on 08 August 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

They dont even know what im asking, what im talking about 

It would help if you did.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33535 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Hacks can't alter tank statistics. If he shot you it's because he could depress the gun enough to get you. What the server models and what your client displays on the screen don't always match up if you have a poor connection, lag/packetloss.

Slyspy #18 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14676 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTealo, on 08 August 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

I've seen you use this expolit yourself years ago on a Jingles video when playing AMX ELC in the good old days on a ridge line, I remember! :P I rather not go hunting trying to dig out that old video of you from Jingles Youtube Playlist, So no I don't have a replay. :facepalm:

Which of my two games in the AMX ELC did you happen to stumble upon? It must not have been the one I played on the 01/07/2019 so it must have been the other which I played a bit before it, having brought the tank to grind to the WVs before abandoning it. 

You are at best mistaken in your recollection. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users