I need help to choose a MT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one is the best to learn basic gameplay of MTs? (15 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Choose two

1. STB-1 (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Leopard 1 (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Obj 140 (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

4. Obj 430 U (11 votes [42.31%])

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

5. E 50M (1 vote [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

6. UDES 15/16 (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

Vote Hide poll

splash_time #1 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12086 battles
And mention your reason about the one you choosed.

Negativvv #2 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12262 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Don't have one yet but Object 430u is basically a HT with a Med symbol. Seems pretty powerful when I've played it on the PT server.

Object 140 has a balance of everything and sky high DPM. I enjoy mine loads. Alpha slightly low but the rest is great.

tajj7 #3 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I would go for UDES 15/16 or STB-1.

I base this on your best performing tier 10 being the Kranvagn (so hull down tank with turret armour and lots of gun depression) and those tanks are similar in style of play to that but without the auto-loader.

And that you haven't really played any paper high tier mediums, so jumping into something like the Leo 1 is quite a difference to your other played tier 9 and 10 tanks which are generally well armoured.

E50M is just not very strong and both the Obj. 140 and 430U don;t have much gun depression which takes a while to get used to but they are decently strong tanks (well the 430U is basically OP).

So I'd go with UDES 15/16 or STB-1 or 430U as your options. 

r00barb #4 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

OPject 430U because duh.

STB-1 because it was close between that and the UDES but I think the rear-mounted turret on the Swede makes it slightly more situational and thus more awkward to play as an all-rounder.

I don't have any of the tanks in the poll yet though so I've no idea if I'm making any sense. :great:

undutchable80 #5 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11094 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
STB-1 is TotT now

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30021 battles

Depends what style of tank you're looking for there's no "best tank" or anything like that, all tend have areas where they are strong and also where they are weak along with consideration to where they like to fight and style of fighting. Of that list I only have the 430 U and honestly I would not recommend it. Why? well for me it's just not MY style of fighting. I don't like brawling and ugly fighting like that I prefer fast tanks with finesse, higher skill demand but gifted with highly accurate guns, fast aim times and fast shell speeds which allow me to dance around a map and hopefully dance around a noob with his heavy armor noob tank and track him and bait him and pick off weak spots, make him look stupid. The 430 is not accurate, it doesn't aim quickly, it's shell speed is 50% down on the better guns, reload is slower because it has decent alpha which is fine if you can pick the places you want to peak and pop quickly but it certainly doesn't do that reliably, you just have to rely on the good ol Pro-Russian RNG these Soviet tanks tend to get. Armor is strong for a med I guess but... it's not anything as good as proper heavy tank's and it lives in an environment that see's mostly all tier 10 tanks every battle, most of which can pen it's hull with standard ammo but lets be honestly tier10 is a gold spammers paradise so apart from the turret you can take that armor and chuck it in the drink along with the tank itself imo lol. I have the tier9 Leo and I'm liking that tank, it's no armor but the gun is really nice to play and it's reasonably mobile just the sort of style I like so I guess of that choice I would go with the Leo 1 since comparing it to the already very good tier9 Leo, I can see the tier10 has taken that already very nice gun and increased its already good aim and has better reload and soft stats, better ground resistances yes I would imagine there is no way I could not love this tank. Paper armor? meh... I'm used so it wouldn't bother me but it might bother you so again, horses for courses, depends what you are looking for in a med. 

Obj. 140 seems to be a nice blend of attributes that would suit many styles I would imagine, it's got a strong turret and decent armor, not the strongest armor but a lot better than papery meds and has a  nice gun with really decent stats too including rail gun shell velocity so that tank always appealed to me and I'll definitely pick it up sometime.  

I saw SirFoch playing the STB-1 a couple of times during lunch and it drives him crazy and curses it something wicket and he's one of the best players in the game, plus I can totally see what he's on about when he's making reference to how it's doesn't work vs other meds etc though others will find it strong, again it depends and it depends if you are going to run these with food and use gold ammo etc. I'd be somewhere in between, I only use food on a tank if it really really needs it and I'll only shoot gold where it's necessary so with a streamer like Foch who will shoot no gold and I don't think ever uses food on any tanks, the opinion of some tanks is a bit tainted since I definitely feel there are times where you simple have to shoot a few gold shots and then there are streamers like Skillz who will shoot gold ammo like a lot and always run tanks with food, I would say this is also a slightly tainted reality of the tanks ability so you also need to ask yourself if you are going to be happy to play a tank with food and shoot gold mostly or if you're looking for a more balanced option or a complete cheapo option that's never going to shoot any gold and never needs food etc. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 08 August 2019 - 11:00 AM.

Ceeb #7 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32411 battles
Pick a Russian one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users