Game crashing computer. Crash codes?

fault WG support help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tramp_In_Armour #1 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8534 battles

The game is crashing my computer regularly. Can't play the game. Thought the new update might help, but it crashed when I was in the garage. Do these crashes leave a log on any file in the WOT folders that I can send to Support when explaining my problem?

And where do I contact support?

I don't use mods, I cleared out my cache and updated drivers, but still no success.

Homer_J #2 Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32802 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If your system is crashing then unless you are still running Windows 98 it's not the game, it's a hardware or driver issue.

But if you raise a ticket then WG will tell you how to get the logs and then they will tell you exactly what I have already said.

Tramp_In_Armour #3 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8534 battles
I assume that something on my system is clashing with the game, but I really have no clue where to begin my investigation. Any tips to find out what the problem may be? I miss playing the game, but I cannot until I sort this. I'm just not that computer savvy.

Homer_J #4 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32802 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 08 August 2019 - 08:31 PM, said:

I assume that something on my system is clashing with the game, but I really have no clue where to begin my investigation. Any tips to find out what the problem may be? I miss playing the game, but I cannot until I sort this. I'm just not that computer savvy.

Start by going to the support site, there is a link at the top of this page.  There are knowledge articles there which will guide you running the WG reports to send to support who will tell you to update your video drivers.

Tramp_In_Armour #5 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8534 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 09 August 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

Start by going to the support site, there is a link at the top of this page.  There are knowledge articles there which will guide you running the WG reports to send to support who will tell you to update your video drivers.

I assumed they'd say that, and it makes sense, but I updated all my drivers to no avail. So I googled the issue with games in general, and a lot of people pointed at the power supply, which I hadn't considered. I thought maybe my wattage was too low, but at 500w, I doubted it. Then I remembered cooling issues, and in spite of cleaning the cpu and gpu, it never occurred to me to lift the computer up and look at the power supply vent underneath. I took a look and it was bunged with fluff! :confused:

Cleaned it all up, played three games so far and no crashes. So I (tentatively) think it's fixed!

And I can get my fix. :)

Also tagged with fault, WG support, help

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users