Jump to content


New stupid bug


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

splash_time #1 Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12042 battles
  • 133
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

A new stupid bug has appeared!!!!

Every time my aim reticle gets close to ground, dead hull or a small ridge that i use as a cover, my shell hits the ground!!!!!

It's not funny WG!!!

Today i missed 4 necessary and situational shoots  in one battle because of this stupid bug!!!!

Anyone else have this problem?


Edited by splash_time, 08 August 2019 - 08:58 PM.


8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77193 battles
  • 4,773
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Can't say I have noticed such a thing but I'm blaming the dog tags. 

Nitro_Tank #3 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:19 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6549 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

I have had a bug where i can't see the enemy outline even if they are directly in front of me. Ruined some games already because he was very close to me in a bush (no stone or anything to hide behind) and i couldnt see him.

Needs fix ASAP



PayMore #4 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26579 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
Send tickets with screenshots to costumer service or upload it to youtube.

NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:36 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 3,824
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
This doesn't seem to be affecting german tanks apparently. (been playing german heavies for a mission lately and haven't noticed anything weird)

ZeFeKa #6 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Community Contributor
  • 90910 battles
  • 602
  • Member since:
    09-10-2010

The affected tank are, from what i know atm :

- Skorpion G (non G porbably too)

- SU-130PM

- Emil II
- Kranvagn

 

It's the same bug that we had with the 60TP and some other tank some time ago, but it especially annoying for the Kranvagn/Emil II, because you need to over expose you to shoot over a ridge.

 

 


Edited by ZeFeKa, 08 August 2019 - 10:02 PM.


8126Jakobsson #7 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77193 battles
  • 4,773
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 08 August 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

This doesn't seem to be affecting german tanks apparently. (been playing german heavies for a mission lately and haven't noticed anything weird)


Hard to tell with the German tanks since they have been shooting dirt since day one.   :hiding:

 

 



malachi6 #8 Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:14 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 50920 battles
  • 4,132
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
How do you know it's a bug if you have not yet diagnosed the issue?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:33 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33544 battles
  • 4,071
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Can confirm I had an odd occurrence with Emil II. Was poking a ridge aiming at an E50 in front of me and despite crosshair being firmly over his mantlet the gun marker was aiming into the ground.



Homer_J #10 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • 34,935
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
Hang on, every time you aim at the ground you hit the ground?  I'm not sure that's a bug.

splash_time #11 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:07 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12042 battles
  • 133
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostHomer_J, on 09 August 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

Hang on, every time you aim at the ground you hit the ground?  I'm not sure that's a bug.

No lol!

When i play my kranvagn and try the hull downs, and go below the ridge, the gun marker  goes down, like yesterday, i was aiming at an amx 13 105, when i go a bit back, my aim circle goes down, so, many times i try to avoid shoots from others, but guess what? My shell hits the ground, while im aming at someone. -_-


Edited by splash_time, 09 August 2019 - 09:08 AM.


If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #12 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9749 battles
  • 889
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Digging a potato patch when perfectly aimed is normal in WoT

 

RNG decides, not skill



NekoPuffer_PPP #13 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33696 battles
  • 3,824
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postsplash_time, on 09 August 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

No lol!

When i play my kranvagn and try the hull downs, and go below the ridge, the gun marker  goes down, like yesterday, i was aiming at an amx 13 105, when i go a bit back, my aim circle goes down, so, many times i try to avoid shoots from others, but guess what? My shell hits the ground, while im aming at someone. -_-

 

Does locking on to an enemy fix it? Or is it just a point-of-view bug i.e. it being off-center?



BSHDBCG #14 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6053 battles
  • 872
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015

View PostZeFeKa, on 08 August 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

The affected tank are, from what i know atm :

- Skorpion G (non G porbably too)

- SU-130PM

- Emil II
- Kranvagn

 

It's the same bug that we had with the 60TP and some other tank some time ago, but it especially annoying for the Kranvagn/Emil II, because you need to over expose you to shoot over a ridge.

 

 

 

So that was why my Scorpion G kept shooting dirt. Was starting to get quite frustrated, as quite a few shoots kept doing it.



splash_time #15 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12042 battles
  • 133
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 09 August 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

 

Does locking on to an enemy fix it? Or is it just a point-of-view bug i.e. it being off-center?

Off-center, and no, auto lock, it doesn't work, i mean it doesn't fix anything.

08:45 Added after 5 minute

View PostBSHDBCG, on 09 August 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

So that was why my Scorpion G kept shooting dirt. Was starting to get quite frustrated, as quite a few shoots kept doing it.

 

Not only frustrating, but also annoying, i have only 48 shells, and i can't just waste them, they can end in no time, since kranvagn's accuracy is 0.33(IMO 0.40 is the real thing).

So, they can run out in no time


Edited by splash_time, 09 August 2019 - 09:40 AM.


SovietBias #16 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37833 battles
  • 1,411
  • Member since:
    06-10-2013

Noticed something strange when playing Leo, aiming at a barely visible hulldown enemy, as I was taking the shot, the aiming circle suddenly moved to the ground.

 

There is also this thread on the current update section.



Baldrickk #17 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32165 battles
  • 16,394
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
There was a bug with the top polish heavy that worked kinda like this in sniper view...

xXOttOXx_ #18 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7993 battles
  • 4
  • [USAGI] USAGI
  • Member since:
    12-13-2014

I have the same problem... the aiming recticle goes down. Its like the guns aim don't match what you can see when using cover. Its Highly annoying.

 

 



splash_time #19 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 12042 battles
  • 133
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

http://wotreplays.eu...h_time-kranvagn

 

You can see the bug in this one, but i don't remember where exactly.



Baldrickk #20 Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:55 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32165 battles
  • 16,394
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostxXOttOXx_, on 09 August 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

I have the same problem... the aiming recticle goes down. Its like the guns aim don't match what you can see when using cover. Its Highly annoying.

 

 

Yeah, so what's happening here is that the gun sight is above the gun,  not looking down the barrel. 

The aim reticule snaps to the earth ramp when the trajectory of the shell goes from missing it to impacting it. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users