WoT patch 1.6 aka The Mating Season For Tanks !

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Etre_ #1 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58605 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

Like predicted.

I'll just leave this here.

24doom24 #2 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8164 battles

View PostEtre_, on 08 August 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

Like predicted.

At least you kept your HP. I remember playing a game in my Skorpion G on this map. In the first few minutes I got smacked by a 130PM on my team. Turns out I had to carry and would've won if only I had that extra 500 hp.

Pushing isn't nearly as detrimental as actual team damage/killing. If anything, the guy doing it would end up dying quicker. 

Edited by 24doom24, 08 August 2019 - 10:31 PM.

Solstad1069 #3 Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43894 battles
:P you took his place.

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:05 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33696 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostEtre_, on 08 August 2019 - 10:57 PM, said:

Like predicted.

So? What are your thoughts?

Would you prefer to have been robbed of 800+ HP there and continue the match with one-shot status or do you think karma's a fickle mistress? :trollface:

I think that went rather well, the griefer got what he deserved. Good job WG. :great:

Jumping_Turtle #5 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67940 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
But but but, why weren´t you suicide scouting acoss the field like everyone thinks a scout should do ;)

4ztec #6 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R

View PostEtre_, on 08 August 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

Like predicted.

What exactly was your prediction?

That you can now play the role of a sniper while sitting in a light tank without getting punished by your team?

Well, you were right.

Bora_BOOM #7 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:36 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27715 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

He is just that kind of a guy, good that you kept your health. Don't tell me that shooting him or him damaging you would be better.

Last night I was haressed by 44% bot in Type5 only cause I said at the start: OK, game, load gold. He typed a manly part and after I have asked him is that his favourite toy he shot me 2x, then pushed my Lowe but I hugged the building so he gave up cause he could not catch me when I moved away. 

Basically, he was looking for someone to annoy but thankfully no team dmg, and he is to bad to even know how to troll. 

Your ally is even worse, he did it without any reason. He could push you out of the cover into enemy fire.

People will just give up doing it, give them some time. Many of them just want to be shot at. 

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77193 battles

View Post4ztec, on 09 August 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

What exactly was your prediction?

That you can now play the role of a sniper while sitting in a light tank without getting punished by your team?

Well, you were right.

He proxy the other sides crossfire down the road and have shots himself. It's where you want to be on that map. 

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29836 battles

Typical clueless boot see's another play in a position he never went to before and was never going to go to until he saw the EBR there and then of course immediately want's this spot but fails hard lol.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 09 August 2019 - 09:45 AM.

tajj7 #10 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I think the video highlights exactly why its a good change.

You would have lost 800 hp to an angry player, but instead you are full HP free to have a good game. 

I personally have not seen any increase in this behaviour either, people push and block as much as they always have and a lot of it is just people's general obliviousness to their surroundings. 

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29836 battles

View Posttajj7, on 09 August 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

You would have lost 800 hp to an angry player, but instead you are full HP free to have a good game. 

I personally have not seen any increase in this behaviour either, people push and block as much as they always have and a lot of it is just people's general obliviousness to their surroundings. 

It does but it also highlights why there needs some tweaking to the system because it's a bad example too. While on one hand, the fact there was no team damage meant that the EBR took no team damage and was able to continue fighting which is good obviously, it also failed to show what was going to happen next which would be more typical. In this example, the griefer was killed off conveniently but in a more realistic example he doesn't get killed off and had he not, he was 100% imo, going to shove the ebr out over the rubble and into the enemy guns or some sh*t like that, no doubt about it and he had already shown signs of this. So if he had done that, would he have gotten banned for it? I'm not sure the system detects that, it detects when you push a teammate down a hill and dies but I'm not sure it detects when a teammates shoves you out a position where they take enemy fire and lose hp and/or die. So if the old team damage system was in effect during this example, the ebr would have been probably killed which is bad obviously and better he wasn't obviously, but also the griefer would have most likely turned blue and been banned for several consecutive shots which is a good thing, and justice would have been served, whereas if he had pushed the EBR out into the enemy guns, the EBR is dead just the same, only now the a-hole that did it gets deemed to have done nothing and carries on like nothing happened.

So, while I think in cases like the video, no team damage is a good thing, there needs to be a little more thought put into it. Imo I think a player should still turn blue and get banned for shooting a teammate even without team damage. It doesn't have to be as harsh as the old detection system but at least this way consistently aggressive behavior is being recorded, will still have repercussions and would also address the new form of map pining, because as it stands, a player can just troll shoot a teammate who's play or map position they don't agree with over and over again without consequence, at least you can blacklist a map pinger, you currently can't do anything about a poker, or whatever term you want to call, them, those guys that basically keep poking and prodding you to get you to move or just to annoy you, only they are doing with their gun. 

tajj7 #12 Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTungstenHitman, on 09 August 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

It does but it also highlights why there needs some tweaking to the system because it's a bad example too. While on one hand, the fact there was no team damage meant that the EBR took no team damage and was able to continue fighting which is good obviously, it also failed to show what was going to happen next which would be more typical. In this example, the griefer was killed off conveniently but in a more realistic example he doesn't get killed off and had he not, he was 100% imo, going to shove the ebr out over the rubble and into the enemy guns or some sh*t like that, no doubt about it and he had already shown signs of this. So if he had done that, would he have gotten banned for it? I'm not sure the system detects that, it detects when you push a teammate down a hill and dies but I'm not sure it detects when a teammates shoves you out a position where they take enemy fire and lose hp and/or die. So if the old team damage system was in effect during this example, the ebr would have been probably killed which is bad obviously and better he wasn't obviously, but also the griefer would have most likely turned blue and been banned for several consecutive shots which is a good thing, and justice would have been served, whereas if he had pushed the EBR out into the enemy guns, the EBR is dead just the same, only now the a-hole that did it gets deemed to have done nothing and carries on like nothing happened.

So, while I think in cases like the video, no team damage is a good thing, there needs to be a little more thought put into it. Imo I think a player should still turn blue and get banned for shooting a teammate even without team damage. It doesn't have to be as harsh as the old detection system but at least this way consistently aggressive behavior is being recorded, will still have repercussions and would also address the new form of map pining, because as it stands, a player can just troll shoot a teammate who's play or map position they don't agree with over and over again without consequence, at least you can blacklist a map pinger, you currently can't do anything about a poker, or whatever term you want to call, them, those guys that basically keep poking and prodding you to get you to move or just to annoy you, only they are doing with their gun. 

1. An EBR can rush off away so fast that noting will be able to really bully it, so even if the idiot uses the position, you still have your HP, which he wouldn't with team damage.

2. You can report physics abuse to support and they deal with it, multiple people on these forums have said this and have tracked the players who then got bans. 

3. Also you will still turn blue I believe shooting a team mate, but I believe, much like the old system two shots is not enough to trigger it. 

Schepel #13 Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 64284 battles

Block Quote

2. You can report physics abuse to support and they deal with it, multiple people on these forums have said this and have tracked the players who then got bans. 

Yea, about that.

Only if you keep bothering support after the first few responses read something like: "Please use the in game report function, have a good day". Even then it is less than a coin flip something actually happens. If you want to troll, pushing somebody is a good way to do it. The chances of any kind of official sanction appear to be less than impressive.

Block Quote

1. An EBR can rush off away so fast that noting will be able to really bully it, so even if the idiot uses the position, you still have your HP, which he wouldn't with team damage.

Not really an argument. Next time, it is a sluggish paper TD. Pushing is a bigger threat than friendly fire used to be. I regularly play scouts so I know exactly where you are coming from, but the mere fact you can't get tk'd across the map by some 'pleasant person' only means he will come over to you and ruin your game anyway. Only this time, you won't see him get punished for it. Which means said 'pleasant person' will be able to continue said behaviour.

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 29836 battles

View Posttajj7, on 09 August 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

In this case yes since it's an EBR and but only if he is in a position to do so without being either physically locked in by solid structures or if doing so would result in "rushing off" straight into enemy gun positions which is a thing at times, sometimes you really can't go because you are surrounded or the map is so small and corridored it really offers no escape. Also, it's easy to say in the case of an EBR which is the fastest acceleration and top speed tanks in the game, in 90+% of cases it's not going to be a tank with similar mobility attributes and more like some semi-armored medium or TD getting shoved out by some fat heavy or super heavy since many engagements take place on corners with multiple teammates jostling for position on a limited map. It only takes one guy who feels hard done by because he got shot or just doesn't give a flying fork "because I can!" to take his more powerful tank and shove teammates out. 

Ahaha! Good one :teethhappy: If you send the replay to support, probably but a ban is instant an requires no action from the "victim" whereas I'm not entirely sure many players will go to the bother of leaving the game, going to support, making a ticket, attaching a replay and so on. Also, I'd imagine even fewer are going to take not of that players name and monitor they're progress on some stat sight to see if they are banned or playing etc. So the feeling of justice and a game that deals with griefers is not there, it's not immediate and instead just a feeling of being wronged by a complete a-hole without consequences, which means you move onto the next battle pretty annoyed than you would be if you knew that griefer got banned.

3. Also you will still turn blue I believe shooting a team mate, but I believe, much like the old system two shots is not enough to trigger it. 

If this is true, I am happy this is the case, it really makes sense that this should happen for reasons given along with those reasons would also cut down just firing thoughtlessly into packs of brawling tanks without a care in the world.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 09 August 2019 - 10:49 AM.

tajj7 #15 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I can only go by what others have said as I have never done it myself (having never needed to) but I have seen multiple people confirm that support does deal with physics abuse. 

I'd imagine a lot of players don't send replays in because they either can't be bothered or because they know they played some role in it and were not a completely innocent party.

Also IMO team damage is far more common than pushing blocking.

Just think about how easy it is to shoot a team mate that annoys you, see them shot them.

Now compare that to troll blocking/pushing where you have to -

1. Go to their position, which could be across the map.

2. If you have a slower tank then them, then they will just run away, or if they have a bigger tank you have to have the engine power to actually move it, otherwise you'll end up being pushed or they can basically ignore you,

3. Then after all that you have to push them into some actually enemy fire.

Loads more effort and it requires more things to line up, which is why IMO it's a far far less seen problem, most people won't bother and for the really persistent trolls you have support.

Take a recent example I had, I was using the Super Conq on a corner, peeking some rubble, an ally FV4005 kept trying to steal the inside of the corner to peek and get shots. I obviously didn't want that to happen because I was using the rubble to stay hull down which meant in an SC my peeks were low risk. 

So he keeps this up for a while, rubbing against my tank, trying push me out into fire, but because my tank is heavy he doesn't manage it, I can even reverse and move him backwards, so after a while of trying and failing to troll me, he shoots me in the back of the turret for over 1900 team damage. My game is now ruined as I am a one shot and I had a chance to do a mission, but I then had to play passively from then on anyway. But that doesn't really matter as the guy reloads and team kills me to end my game.

But now, he does nothing, apart from get more and more frustrated, sure he could have tried to keep blocking etc, and trolling, but it wasn't being every effective. 

An angry team damage shot is easy, and it does what the person wants, it give them instant gratification that they 'taught a lesson' and impacted the game of the person that they don't like or they feel has wronged them, that is why it was so common.

Pushing/blocking trolling is a lot more effort, hassle and doesn't give the same instant impact, so I doubt most players will care to bother to do it, those that do, send the replay to support. 

Baldrickk #16 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttajj7, on 09 August 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

Do you really think that the AMX would have shot him in the last patch?

tajj7 #17 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostBaldrickk, on 09 August 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Do you really think that the AMX would have shot him in the last patch?

Yes, 100%. 

onderschepper #18 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

Just wait, there are more things that can be done that are infinitely more annoying and far less preventable.

I have previously said I would not wish to give people ideas, but my personal favourite when in a Platoon on Console was TPAC. :playing:

vasilinhorulezz #19 Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26450 battles

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 09 August 2019 - 02:43 PM.

Etre_ #20 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58605 battles
  • [GTD] GTD

My point is that people now shamelessly try to take your spot if they have the bigger engine, while before they would have thought twice before attempting a move like this. Out of fear of retribution. 

Now, if you have a small engine you can't do anything as payback. 

I have been killed only once in a light by a 4k PR camper who thought he knows better. So that's not a big problem. A problem are the people who take your front, push you out of position, etc. You know, what the likes of Orzanel an Skill4ltu are doing.  I always retaliate against those. No more now. 

Now a bigger tank comes ... You can go [edited]yourself around the map.

Thing is, FF off worked well in frontline but that's a big map with respawn. Someone pisses you off, there are plenty of other options. Not to much in moat of the normal maps. If FL was the source of inspiration for this change, is a bad one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users