Current state of the game, in my humble opinion

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

howyadoing #1 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 25404 battles
  • [TRFD] TRFD

I like it, feels good again. I reactivated my prem account to do some tank grinding.

I had practically given up on most tank lines reaching tier 8

Now it’s doable again with the current MM without having to spam prammo

• I Like the current MM, no bottom tier 90% of the time
  • Max amount of arty ( still rather have a max of 2 but that’s me whining)
  • I can’t name 1 tank, I have a problem with meeting on the battlefield ??

I just can’t, that’s good right.

• No more friendly fire is a bless. And my god does it make me lol when somebody is humping my tank because they can’t relief their short sighted aggression by shooting a teammate.
  • New premiums are good, but not over the top
  • New tank line is not OP

So thanks WG, I like you, atleast this year

Ceeb #2 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32411 battles

I think they have been taken over by Activision another company with its head in a donkeys [edited], Communication is less, forum police just interested in shutting down threads. No interaction with feed back about the British lights, releasing BS like the Dogtags.

I doubt the people making the decisions actually play the game. 

My humble opinion is its degrading, slowly...

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48957 battles
I agree that the MM nadir feels like its behind us, and that was the aspect of the game that was most annoying for me. Randoms are 'ok' now, just very routine and stale. Maybe the key to sticking with the game from here on is just playing it less.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30021 battles
Ya I like the game or else I wouldn't be playing it. There's nice features, grinding tanks has never been easier, those of us with lots of credits can jump a new crew up skill with training books with is really really nice and lots of other nice little additions that make for a better game. There's the negative side too but overall it's pretty good.

Fighto #5 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38032 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Sorry but this game is a sorry state, current version(1.0) is basically lipstick on a pig.

The standard of player has never been lower. I rem once I was the always one of lowest stat player in every game now I'm in the top 3 or 4 in every single game, even at tier 10 Wot has basically become a tank based hack and slash  RNG mess and a ton of the skilled players have simply left. To be honest  48%+ players getting matched with 40-45%% troll players doesn't help.

I suppose the main reason I'm annoyed is that most these issues could be easily sorted with either bans , MM changes or RNG changes. Team damage issue could easily have been sorted by keeping the trolls matched with trolls.

I'm simply here for clan stuff or else I'd be gone but my spending is at least 90% down from what it was. 

Edited by Fighto, 09 August 2019 - 12:10 PM.

Havenless #6 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 514 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostFighto, on 09 August 2019 - 02:04 PM, said:

Sorry but this game is a sorry state, current version(1.0) is basically lipstick on a pig.

The standard of player has never been lower. I rem once I was the always one of lowest stat player in every game now I'm in the top 3 or 4 in every single game, (...)

Just wanted to state that I agree with you, and that this indeed is a fair way of showing the sorry state of the game if these are the results you are getting. :)

Fighto #7 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38032 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostHavenless, on 09 August 2019 - 11:18 AM, said:

Just wanted to state that I agree with you, and that this indeed is a fair way of showing the sorry state of the game if these are the results you are getting. :)

You must be struggling over the team damage been removed?? What will you guys in MM do with all those trolling accounts now?? Will you put all your efforts into trolling the forums full time now? Or is pushing and blocking a realistic prospect for ur jollies ? 

kubawt112 #8 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostFighto, on 09 August 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

You must be struggling over the team damage been removed?? What will you guys in MM do with all those trolling accounts now?? Will you put all your efforts into trolling the forums full time now? Or is pushing and blocking a realistic prospect for ur jollies ? 

As -UM's Quality Assurance Officer, I can assure you that we are not particularly bothered by the changes to the game. In fact, the changes seem to have been for the better. Furthermore, we don't deem the forums worthy enough to dedicate to full-time (even if you add together all members). Not unlike how you were deemed unworthy of membership in -MM - which is a detail rather vital for explaining your prep H addiction.

PS: Nothing wrong with using an alt account to post, in case you were wondering. I enjoy the forum camo, and have no real need to circumvent a ban.

Edited by kubawt112, 09 August 2019 - 01:03 PM.

Havenless #9 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 514 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Posthowyadoing, on 09 August 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

(...)

Did you take a long break? Do post again after a few weeks and tell us if you find the game interesting. That's my current issue, feels like 90% of every match is basically cookie-cutting.

View PostFighto, on 09 August 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Trolling accounts? Seems to me that you have more issues staying on-topic than we do. I'd perhaps cut down on the baseless accusations, and instead use them to, well, 'git gud'. Might help you enjoy the game more. Chances are that OP actually have figured out that being salty isn't the best approach - whether you're playing tanks, posting to the forums, or trying to apply to a clan with stats that don't seem to go anywhere.

(Speaking of other accounts, I wonder where your alt is. Hiding somewhere in "blue" camo? :D )

Edited by Havenless, 09 August 2019 - 01:13 PM.

Fighto #10 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38032 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View Postkubawt112, on 09 August 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

As -UM's Quality Assurance Officer, I can assure you that we are not particularly bothered by the changes to the game. In fact, the changes seem to have been for the better. Furthermore, we don't deem the forums worthy enough to dedicate to full-time (even if you add together all members). Not unlike how you were deemed unworthy of membership in -MM - which is a detail rather vital for explaining your prep H addiction.

PS: Nothing wrong with using an alt account to post, in case you were wondering. I enjoy the forum camo, and have no real need to circumvent a ban.

Interesting how you make out not getting into -MM as a negative.  I've come across more active road kill.

malachi6 #11 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles
There is no such thing as a humble opinion. 

Fighto #12 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38032 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostHavenless, on 09 August 2019 - 12:12 PM, said:

Did you take a long break? Do post again after a few weeks and tell us if you find the game interesting. That's my current issue, feels like 90% of every match is basically cookie-cutting.

Trolling accounts? Seems to me that you have more issues staying on-topic than we do. I'd perhaps cut down on the baseless accusations, and instead use them to, well, 'git gud'. Might help you enjoy the game more. Chances are that OP actually have figured out that being salty isn't the best approach - whether you're playing tanks, posting to the forums, or trying to apply to a clan with stats that don't seem to go anywhere.

(Speaking of other accounts, I wonder where your alt is. Hiding somewhere in "blue" camo? :D )

And purple but I don't play them much , I suppose its better than a "black" camo. But honestly I thought an account with stats that don't go anywhere was prefect for clan going nowhere. 

Edited by Fighto, 09 August 2019 - 01:19 PM.

jamielinney #13 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2105 battles

View PostFighto, on 09 August 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

I'm simply here for clan stuff or else I'd be gone but my spending is at least 90% down from what it was.

If you're here for clan stuff why did you join [WHO]?

24doom24 #14 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8182 battles

MM changes have done nothing to address skill or even tank imbalance other than forcing these 3-5-7 templates. If those top tier tanks are brain dead it's more than likely you'll end up with another 2-15 loss. WG are having a real hard time thinking up any solution to the matchmaker. 

Also stun is garbage and arty to should be reverted to 9.17. Actually the entire game should be reverted to 9.17

Huzul #15 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 589 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostFighto, on 09 August 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

And purple but I don't play them much , I suppose its better than a "black" camo. But honestly I thought an account with stats that don't go anywhere was prefect for clan going nowhere. 

Bit rude to refer like that to a clan that got all the members that wanted one a tank with a clever merger. I wonder WHO hardly got any tanks?

Havenless #16 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 514 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostFighto, on 09 August 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

-MM merged with RGT, and just about everyone got their hands of a reward tank if they wanted to, not to mention the comfort of playing in a clan where things worked well. I heard through the grapevine that you had some experiences with bad organization, not to mention arguments that got out of hand. Gotta wonder who participated in them.

View Postmalachi6, on 09 August 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

There is no such thing as a humble opinion. 

Well, the post is in fact just his opinions. Can't help but think that's miles better than someone pretending to post something that is grounds for constructive discussion. Not that there's too much to go on here, but I think you're more than welcome to dissect his post.

For instance, aren't there any "problematic" tanks anymore? Can we claim that WG are "good guys" because they haven't made any new broken premiums - but instead keep selling the "old" ones?

Lagalaza #17 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7926 battles
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG

Hey Op.

I am new to the game but find it very enjoyable. A lot of what people moan about doesn't seem that important to me. I understand people who say they don't like x or y and they don't want to play anymore but for me, it's simply about fun. This game gives me that by the bucket load. I love the stats side of it that drives me to improve. I love those battles where you see the map, have a plan and execute, especially when it results in a win. But if it's a loss, hey, I had fun.

Come on folks, it's surely all about that moment when your ISU-152 destroys someone who doesn't even know you are there. When the Kanonen 105 hits someone for 300+ hp and they still can't see you coz the camo is so good!! Fighting in a Dicker Max with that insane gun for it's tier. Sitting hull down in a Centurion 1 or a T-29 heavy and fighting it out. Those battles when you are bottom tier but still help your team to a win and finish in the top 3 by XP. And then that battle where you get Ace Tanker... joy.

Love the game.

kubawt112 #18 Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostLagalaza, on 09 August 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Hey Op.

I am new to the game but find it very enjoyable. A lot of what people moan about doesn't seem that important to me. I understand people who say they don't like x or y and they don't want to play anymore but for me, it's simply about fun. This game gives me that by the bucket load. I love the stats side of it that drives me to improve. I love those battles where you see the map, have a plan and execute, especially when it results in a win. But if it's a loss, hey, I had fun.

Come on folks, it's surely all about that moment when your ISU-152 destroys someone who doesn't even know you are there. When the Kanonen 105 hits someone for 300+ hp and they still can't see you coz the camo is so good!! Fighting in a Dicker Max with that insane gun for it's tier. Sitting hull down in a Centurion 1 or a T-29 heavy and fighting it out. Those battles when you are bottom tier but still help your team to a win and finish in the top 3 by XP. And then that battle where you get Ace Tanker... joy.

Love the game.

Nice to see that there are some who have fun with the game still. :)

View Post24doom24, on 09 August 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

MM changes have done nothing to address skill or even tank imbalance other than forcing these 3-5-7 templates. If those top tier tanks are brain dead it's more than likely you'll end up with another 2-15 loss. WG are having a real hard time thinking up any solution to the matchmaker. 

Also stun is garbage and arty to should be reverted to 9.17. Actually the entire game should be reverted to 9.17

That is sort of what they tried to fix by 'flattening' the matchmaker. Also, artillery from 9.17? Mon dieu.

View PostFighto, on 09 August 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Interesting how you make out not getting into -MM as a negative.  I've come across more active road kill.

Well, sometimes it's indeed a positive thing that certain people didn't get in. Apparently we're rather good at figuring out people. :)

AzoreanOutkast #19 Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10760 battles
Somehow my opinion is the game feels more balanced and interesting than a couple weeks ago, ive been getting alot better RNG and MM that is for sure, so game is more enjoyable now and that makes me play it more, wich i hadnt almost played last months.

24doom24 #20 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8182 battles

View PostAzoreanOutkast, on 09 August 2019 - 03:03 PM, said:

Somehow my opinion is the game feels more balanced and interesting than a couple weeks ago, ive been getting alot better RNG and MM that is for sure, so game is more enjoyable now and that makes me play it more, wich i hadnt almost played last months.

Yes I'm really enjoying this balance too:trollface:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users