Why is T95/FV4201 Chieftain allowed in random battles?!?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

NewForces2142 #1 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14638 battles
  • [TDARO] TDARO

Why? For real now. No trolling about how bad I am to the game or to get good. I get it. I suck.

The problem is when facing these tanks, people are dying like flies and almost every match is lost.

Why are they allowed in random battles when you can't even get them unless you are in a good clan? Can't they allow them only in clan wars battles? 

At least Object 279 (e) can be obtained in theory by anyone even though it's OP.

Please don't troll. Thanks!

tajj7 #2 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Why wouldn't it be, what kind of reward would it be if it wasn't available to be used in the rest of the game?

By your logic no tech tree tanks should be used in CW. 

And the FL or Ranked rewards should be restricted to that mode.

And no marathon earned free premium should be used in Frontline. 

chainreact0r #3 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34279 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

The people who farm everybody in their chieftain are good players. They would farm entire teams in E-100s and IS-4s as well.

Here are a couple of reasons why the chieftain is not as OP as you would think:

The chieftain has bad pen, because 270 APCR pen is worse than 260 ap pen that an E5 has for example, and the gold is clearly far behind the 340 HEAT everything else in the game has. Plus the pen drop off is huge, at >300m the pen on gold is around 290(cant check so dont bash me for this if it's slightly off).

You can pen the chieftain pretty much anywhere in the hull if it's not hidden, which makes it way worse than the hull of an S.Conq which has a virtually impenetrable upper hull.

The gun stats on paper are really good, but in practice the gun shoots potatoes sometimes. Kinda suffers from a Grille15 syndrome, meaning the gun works when it works, but when it doesn't you get trolled hard.

It also has only 2.2k hp and is pretty vulnerable to arty fire and HE spamming tomatoes(IS-7 HE does 200-250 in the mantlet!!!!).

The only things it has going for it is speed, depression, and virtual invulnerability while hulldown, which good players are able to exploit to their fullest potential, since those are all the things you need to carry in this game. A potato on the other hand, doesn't have enough experience to always be in the right place at the right time(since that's how you could summarize the chieftain's playstyle), so his performance won't differ much than in his 277. 

My evidence for that is all the 50% potatoes who got chieftains for bonds. The people who got it for free weeks ago, already got bored of it, and now it's only the auction people playing it. And trust me they absolutely suck in it. They always die with 3-4 fired shots whenever i see them in my battles and their average damage is below the tank's HP, which is absolutely laughable and certainly proves my point.

The tank is not as OP as people make it to be, although it is a bit too good. The firepower/armor/speed ratio is a bit too high, but it also requires skill to play properly.

Can't say anything about the 279, cause i don't have it, but i usually have no problem penning it when i met them in randoms/CW. So i guess if you have a tier X gun(330+pen) and you can't deal with a 279 you need to "git gud".

PayMore #4 Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26611 battles
I read OPs text, and I will follow his call!

NewForces2142 #5 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14638 battles
  • [TDARO] TDARO

@tajj7 yeah, you are right about that. I guess I got frustrated since I've seen a lot of platoons playing these tanks and winning so easily.

@chainreact0r Thank you so much for all the information!

@PayMore what can I say....still better than most of the trolls.

tajj7 #6 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I've also seen some relatively awful players in these tanks recently, presumably ones that picked it up in the auction. 

One last night went to an absolutely dumb position on Fishermans bay and got wrecked in the 1st minute. 

Despite it being a massively strong tank and probably OP, it's not as idiot proof as say a 279e or Type 5 etc. and bad play in it does get punished hard. 

SuperOlsson #7 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23358 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View Postchainreact0r, on 09 August 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

The people who farm everybody in their chieftain are good players. They would farm entire teams in E-100s and IS-4s as well.

Here are a couple of reasons why the chieftain is not as OP as you would think:

The chieftain has bad pen, because 270 APCR pen is worse than 260 ap pen that an E5 has for example, and the gold is clearly far behind the 340 HEAT everything else in the game has. Plus the pen drop off is huge, at >300m the pen on gold is around 290(cant check so dont bash me for this if it's slightly off).

You can pen the chieftain pretty much anywhere in the hull if it's not hidden, which makes it way worse than the hull of an S.Conq which has a virtually impenetrable upper hull.

The gun stats on paper are really good, but in practice the gun shoots potatoes sometimes. Kinda suffers from a Grille15 syndrome, meaning the gun works when it works, but when it doesn't you get trolled hard.

It also has only 2.2k hp and is pretty vulnerable to arty fire and HE spamming tomatoes(IS-7 HE does 200-250 in the mantlet!!!!).

The only things it has going for it is speed, depression, and virtual invulnerability while hulldown, which good players are able to exploit to their fullest potential, since those are all the things you need to carry in this game. A potato on the other hand, doesn't have enough experience to always be in the right place at the right time(since that's how you could summarize the chieftain's playstyle), so his performance won't differ much than in his 277. 

My evidence for that is all the 50% potatoes who got chieftains for bonds. The people who got it for free weeks ago, already got bored of it, and now it's only the auction people playing it. And trust me they absolutely suck in it. They always die with 3-4 fired shots whenever i see them in my battles and their average damage is below the tank's HP, which is absolutely laughable and certainly proves my point.

The tank is not as OP as people make it to be, although it is a bit too good. The firepower/armor/speed ratio is a bit too high, but it also requires skill to play properly.

Can't say anything about the 279, cause i don't have it, but i usually have no problem penning it when i met them in randoms/CW. So i guess if you have a tier X gun(330+pen) and you can't deal with a 279 you need to "git gud".

What? The chieftain has standard ammo?

It has great dispersion, hidden gun stats and shell velocity, that the gun is potato seems a bit anecdotal to me.

Also it seems you try to downgrade its op:ness, it can't penetrate it's own upper hull at all unless firing from above on it, on flat ground you need heat to pen it. Potatoes gonna be more potato in an e-100 or is-4 than in the chieftain. Also most vehicles are vulnerable to arty. 

Edited by SuperOlsson, 09 August 2019 - 12:13 PM.

splash_time #8 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12086 battles

View PostNewForces2142, on 09 August 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Why? For real now. No trolling about how bad I am to the game or to get good. I get it. I suck.

The problem is when facing these tanks, people are dying like flies and almost every match is lost.

Why are they allowed in random battles when you can't even get them unless you are in a good clan? Can't they allow them only in clan wars battles? 

At least Object 279 (e) can be obtained in theory by anyone even though it's OP.

Please don't troll. Thanks!

IMO? The real problem isn't about the chieftain. But it's about the teams that they face.

Like, i remember that i seen an e100 top tier player faced it, he was shooting HEAT, but guess where?

The turret, while that guy is hull down, he have could just spam HE and deal 250-320 damage though! But no, he insisted to shoot HEAT.

Until that guy finished everyone around him(including me while they rushed in) and then flanked the whole team.

So it's not that hard to beat that tank IMO.

chainreact0r #9 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34279 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostSuperOlsson, on 09 August 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

What? The chieftain has standard ammo?

It has great dispersion, hidden gun stats and shell velocity, that the gun is potato seems a bit anecdotal to me.

Also it seems you try to downgrade its op:ness, it can't penetrate it's own upper hull at all unless firing from above on it, on flat ground you need heat to pen it. Potatoes gonna be more potato in an e-100 or is-4 than in the chieftain. Also most vehicles are vulnerable to arty. 

The grille also has great dispersion. But do you deny the fact that it shoots potatoes quite often even when fully aimed?

The shell velocity is indeed insane, especially on the gold, completely forgot about that.

On flat ground it can pen itself anywhere in the unangled hull when shooting gold, since it's not at auto bounce angle. Basically no matter how you sit with a chieftain, if you are not hulldown pretty much anyone can pen you. This is why i have to disagree with the statement " Potatoes gonna be more potato in an e-100 or is-4 than in the chieftain". If you don't know how to angle or shoot weakspots in an is-4/e-100/277 etc you have a much higher chance of getting away with it than if you were in a chieftain, because these tanks have way superior overall armor, and having 330+HEAT is a huge advantage.

I am not trying to downgrade its opness. I'm just trying to say that average players cry that it's op, when in fact if they would play it, they wouldn't perform much better in it than they would in tech tree tanks. Much like with wheelchairs to be honest.

clixor #10 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 54393 battles
Regarless if the chieftan is OP. WG is already banning reward tanks in competitive battles (or planning to). So where exactly should reward vehicles be played than other than randoms (disregarding FL and ranked as i think there they don't have that much of an impact).

SiliconSidewinder #11 Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28889 battles

well... those clanwars reward tanks have to be used somewhere right?

demon_tank #12 Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26546 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

Why do people suck in the game and cant play in CW to win a CW tank ?

Why people cant stockpile 25k bonds to get one cw tank from the auction ?

Stop crying about CW tanks and get one yourself or.............

Edited by demon_tank, 09 August 2019 - 01:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users