Jump to content


Boost Your Progress in Frontline Episode 7!


  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

kuszi1994 #81 Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 10449 battles
  • 66
  • [H_A_G] H_A_G
  • Member since:
    06-05-2013
Can't we just buy the prestiges aredy.. :D?  spare the time here's my wallet :)

Jumping_Turtle #82 Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 67912 battles
  • 6,962
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostJCD3nton, on 11 August 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

This is NOT how you monetize a game.

 

I dont think you can say with a straight face that Wargaming doesnt know how to monitize their game. They have been in the top 10 earning online games for about 7 years in a row now.

 

So the 2% who grinded like a madman, like yourself, might feel cheated or stupid, but the other 98% feel they have a chance on the reward tank. Guess who are more important for them moneywise .... hint ... not those 2% who would get the tank anyway.



JCD3nton #83 Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27142 battles
  • 243
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 11 August 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

 

I dont think you can say with a straight face that Wargaming doesnt know how to monitize their game. They have been in the top 10 earning online games for about 7 years in a row now.

 

So the 2% who grinded like a madman, like yourself, might feel cheated or stupid, but the other 98% feel they have a chance on the reward tank. Guess who are more important for them moneywise .... hint ... not those 2% who would get the tank anyway.

Let's see how long that lasts. Playerbase is shrinking everyday and the only thing WG cares about is to milk the remaining of the community. This is how you force more people to quit and kill the game. It might work in the short term but I think monetizing the game in such shameless ways is not sustainable for very long.



deorum #84 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 30002 battles
  • 539
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD
  • Member since:
    10-27-2010

View PostJCD3nton, on 11 August 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Let's see how long that lasts. Playerbase is shrinking everyday and the only thing WG cares about is to milk the remaining of the community. This is how you force more people to quit and kill the game. It might work in the short term but I think monetizing the game in such shameless ways is not sustainable for very long.

Yeah, because 8 year old games never have their population shrink. Its the first time it happens, surely a sign of fail on behalf of WG



RedJester #85 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17914 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostJCD3nton, on 11 August 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

Woah! Such a big insult to players who had been grinding hard so far. The only reason people like me have played the torturously boring Frontline mode was to obtain the reward tanks that nobody else had. Now WG says "why grind at all when you can just buy the prestige points?". I mean, seriously?  I feel so stupid for all the grind right now. This is NOT how you monetize a game. This is how you insult deserving players. Once I've completed this season's Frontline, I'm done with it forever. I would never trust WG ever again. SHAME ON YOU!

Tbh the main reason I play FL is using credit boosters to make millions of credits. 



sgtPompom #86 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:08 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22360 battles
  • 245
  • [CPC] CPC
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012
Missions to earn reserves are activated one by one? I was hoping to advance on several at once :ohmy:

undutchable80 #87 Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:27 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 11087 battles
  • 3,499
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostsgtPompom, on 12 August 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

Missions to earn reserves are activated one by one? I was hoping to advance on several at once :ohmy:

99% of missions are built like this. Why would this one be different?



sgtPompom #88 Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 22360 battles
  • 245
  • [CPC] CPC
  • Member since:
    03-20-2012

View Postundutchable80, on 12 August 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

99% of missions are built like this. Why would this one be different?

 

Because when it is it's usually told in the announcement, this time I didn't see such thing.

 

Like token system, or the mention missions are activated on different days.


Edited by sgtPompom, 12 August 2019 - 09:37 AM.


woolfie #89 Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49343 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

Edited who completed the current maximum frontline grind without knowing what the secret reward tank would be.

 

In other words the most dedicated Frontline players.

 

By now everyone knows what the tank is, can watch reviews of it to see its performance and stats, and can simply buy their way forward after reading ALL the relevant info.

 

That is not a level playing field.

 

Changing things so drastically mid-way through an event/marathon is simply a failure to plan.

 

And if you didn't already know - ''failing to plan is planning to fail''.

 

If these boosts had been totally transparent and clearly announced at the very beginning before episode one then it's quite likely no-one would seen them in a negative light.

 

I'm already at max prestige and these boosts will certainly help me reach prestige 10, but this honestly does leave a kind of bitter aftertaste.


Edited by Asklepi0s, 12 August 2019 - 11:16 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


woolfie #90 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:25 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49343 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

So I'm not allowed to express that I feel Edited 

 

Pathetic.

 

Sanction me if you must but I insulted no-one and my remarks were not inappropriate at all.


Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 August 2019 - 10:35 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


StinkyStonky #91 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:40 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 33331 battles
  • 2,782
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

This is a good move by WG.

 

They obviously miscalculated how hard this grind would be and didn't anticipate such large numbers abandoning the mode.  I was on holiday for 1 whole week and for another weekend and so I'm on 3.16.

These boosters reignite the light at the end of the tunnel.  Rather than just giving up all together (just using it for credit grinding, I might carry on.  I'm going to miss the first two evenings of this next week (so that will be 11 days missed so far - 15 if you count weekends as double).

 

This thread is an interesting insight into human psychology and selfishness.  The people complaining aren't unhappy that they wont get something.  They are unhappy that others will get something.  Rather than being happy with their rewards, they want satisfaction from other peoples' unhappiness.  It's quite sad really.

 

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 11 August 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

So the 2% who grinded like a madman, like yourself, might feel cheated or stupid, but the other 98% feel they have a chance on the reward tank. Guess who are more important for them moneywise .... hint ... not those 2% who would get the tank anyway.

 

With every reward, whether it's the Personal Missions or a Marathon, WG will have a plan for how many will be won.

When they miscalculate and not  enough rewards are distributed they adjust things so that more are available. 

It's not surprising that WG are offering a way for people to buy success.  The only thing that is surprising is that people are surprised that WG have done it.



DaMP13R #92 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45862 battles
  • 532
  • Member since:
    07-08-2011

View Postwoolfie, on 12 August 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

So I'm not allowed to express that I feel mugged off by WG?

 

Pathetic.

 

Sanction me if you must but I insulted no-one and my remarks were not inappropriate at all.

 

 

I see you have been stroked by Asklepi0s, congratulations.. there's a medal for such a thing now on your profile if you look hard enough. :teethhappy:

It's basically a right of passage here, one of them has to stroke you otherwise you are not battleworn. You should send him a PM and thank him for his dedication and work keeping the place 'clean'. :teethhappy:

 


 

These new reserves are rly nicu, nice that half of them at least are basically free.



woolfie #93 Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49343 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

View PostDaMP13R, on 12 August 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

 

 

I see you have been stroked by Asklepi0s, congratulations.. there's a medal for such a thing now on your profile if you look hard enough. :teethhappy:

It's basically a right of passage here, one of them has to stroke you otherwise you are not battleworn. You should send him a PM and thank him for his dedication and work keeping the place 'clean'. :teethhappy:

 


 

These new reserves are rly nicu, nice that half of them at least are basically free.

 

Last time I got a point it took them 6 years to remove it.

 

I must have forgot my place since then. :hiding:



the_Haba #94 Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27578 battles
  • 342
  • Member since:
    12-13-2013
If it makes you feel better, streamers and ccs got the Emil for "free" and they will get the tier 9 w/o grinding as well.

woolfie #95 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:43 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49343 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

View Postthe_Haba, on 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

If it makes you feel better, streamers and ccs got the Emil for "free" and they will get the tier 9 w/o grinding as well.

 

I see no problem with players getting the tanks for free or by grinding.

 

I do see a problem when WG treat some players very differently (not CCs or streamers), by changing the rules after many players went through months of blind grind without even knowing what the top prize was.

 

If WG start selling clan reward tanks for bonds we'll see how well that goes down here.

 

In my opinion it shouldn't ever happen but it probably will at some point.

 

And I say that as someone who has never had any clan reward tanks.

 



Jumping_Turtle #96 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 67912 battles
  • 6,962
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View Postwoolfie, on 13 August 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

 

If WG start selling clan reward tanks for bonds we'll see how well that goes down here.

 

A few will complain ... a lot will be happy ...



woolfie #97 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49343 battles
  • 412
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 13 August 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

 

A few will complain ... a lot will be happy ...

 

True. And some will complain that they still don't have enough bonds to buy anything.

 

The question is, would it be fair to those who no-lifed for weeks through clan wars to get those tanks?

 

I've been here since day one and I've seen exactly how WG operate yet that shouldn't stop any of us pointing out unfairness when we see it, even if it is not acted upon by WG.

 

Is a level playing field for all players really too much to ask for?

 

Giving players access to all the relevant information before an event begins has to be a good thing, right?

 

I've pointed out what I consider to be a flawed event design. That's all I wanted to do in the hope it will not happen again.



Cheezix #98 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38956 battles
  • 980
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    10-29-2012

View Postwoolfie, on 12 August 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

And if you didn't already know - ''failing to plan is planning to fail''.

 

If these boosts had been totally transparent and clearly announced at the very beginning before episode one then it's quite likely no-one would seen them in a negative light.

 

WG clearly state in the article: "However, during the Season, we rethought our vision and decided to give you even more bonuses."

They probably saw a decline of interest in the game mode and decided to act upon it and make it more appealing to play again. It is their game and they can decide whatever they want with it. Remember they can even delete all of our premium tanks if they want to, because nothing in this game is really in possession of the players! Everything is rental and you only pay for temporary entertainment.

Players that grind only for reward tanks should not waste their lives and then complain that others get a good chance of getting the same rewards in less time. Why waste so many weeks of your time with a game that you don't really enjoy and only play to get a reward tank at the end of the season? Is it really worth so much???

WG can't make it always fair for everyone, so get over it and play the game for one thing only: fun. Rewards should always be a secondary objective, just to keep it interesting. 



reddog102 #99 Posted 13 August 2019 - 02:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9825 battles
  • 52
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
I’m very happy not to be affected by any of this. I’m not able to play that often, I’m not a good player at all, so knowing that Prestige 1 is a challenge, I’m not grinding anything. I just play for fun, then it’s so much better as a game. Don’t get me wrong, OP tanks, broken British tanks, wargamings desperate attempts to squeeze every last penny out of the community before the game dies are all very frustrating. But if you don’t play their mindgames, then it’s so much better. Simple message think before you grind and consider if it’s worth it. Most of the time the answer is no.

iKnewIT #100 Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 78291 battles
  • 1,020
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012
The only question I have: Will it be possible to use these FrontLine's XP boosters in the next episodes if there will left some of them in the Depot?




9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users