Jump to content


British lights - A sprout from Brussels?

Boris Repsonse

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

jamielinney #1 Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:51 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2105 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    07-26-2011

Are British light tanks a response from the Paris based WGEU to a recent forum poll that had 52% of players in favour of leaving the game and 48% remaining?



Xandania #2 Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41673 battles
  • 1,548
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View Postjamielinney, on 09 August 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Are British light tanks a response from the Paris based WGEU to a recent forum poll that had 52% of players in favour of leaving the game and 48% remaining?

 

Ah, the Brits and their polls..... From the outside it seems like everyone gets to choose between two piles of poo which both yell at each other without too much factchecking....

 

Sadly that is the state of politics in my home country as well - just with more piles to choose from....



arthurwellsley #3 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:07 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54054 battles
  • 4,016
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
Jabster - what happened to your name?

8126Jakobsson #4 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77234 battles
  • 4,781
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Pretty sure that's not Jabby. 

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54054 battles
  • 4,016
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 09 August 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

Pretty sure that's not Jabby. 


But, but , but the forum seems to have let the imposter use the same avatar photograph?????



NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33711 battles
  • 3,836
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 09 August 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Pretty sure that's not Jabby. 

 

He's mentioned sprouts it's GOT to be him.

 

(what's the point of this thread?)



jamielinney #7 Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2105 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    07-26-2011

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 09 August 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

He's mentioned sprouts it's GOT to be him.

 

(what's the point of this thread?)

 

I'm pretty sure that the appreciation of sprouts, maybe with bacon and even soy sauce, has increased by 757.89% because of British light tanks.



Leepants #8 Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19824 battles
  • 1,621
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

View Postjamielinney, on 09 August 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

Are British light tanks a response from the Paris based WGEU to a recent forum poll that had 52% of players in favour of leaving the game and 48% remaining?

 

:teethhappy::teethhappy::medal:



8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77234 battles
  • 4,781
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Hmm yeah if he likes soy then it could actually be him. 

Huzul #10 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 589 battles
  • 9
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    05-02-2012

No, I am jabster



jamielinney #11 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:15 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2105 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    07-26-2011
Whilst this is all very entertaining, I do wonder why nobody thought to buy water cannons from Europe to add to the British light tanks. There is a strong tradition of sound water cannon purchases in Britain.

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 09 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54054 battles
  • 4,016
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Postjamielinney, on 09 August 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

Whilst this is all very entertaining, I do wonder why nobody thought to buy water cannons from Europe to add to the British light tanks. There is a strong tradition of sound water cannon purchases in Britain.

 

Although the sprouts reference is very Jabsteresque, the syntax of the above sentence rather reminds me of BD.

 

However having said that maybe Jabster has been kindly granted a forum holiday during the summer months, and this witty fellow is doing the work in Jabsters absence.

I hope Jabster is enjoying a sun lounger in sunny Cyprus because that way he will miss the appalling mess that WG have made of the UK light tank branch.

Lets face it most UK players would prefer to have a German on the next sun lounger extolling the virtues of sauerkraut & wurst and agreeing with said German than being forced to play the terrible UK light tank line foist upon us by WG. We would even keep quiet about the wonder of sprouts in the hope of not playing the UK light tank line.

Would the average UK player wish to eat a side order of Kartoffeln than play the UK light tank line, the answer is yes because the UK light tank line is that bad.



jamielinney #13 Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2105 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    07-26-2011

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 August 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

I hope Jabster is enjoying a sun lounger in sunny Cyprus because that way he will miss the appalling mess that WG have made of the UK light tank branch.

 

Never go beach.



kubawt112 #14 Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3378 battles
  • 588
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 August 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:


But, but , but the forum seems to have let the imposter use the same avatar photograph?????

 

Well, there are plenty who does; I believe Jabster himself admitted at one point to having a slew of alt accounts to 'fix his negrep' - back when that was a thing, and some of those accounts are still active. Pretty sure this is just another level.

 

Anyway, err, as a voice of authority on stuff like British tank-related politics, what do you reckon should happen to the tank prices? Should they decrease, or should there perhaps be an import tax on them?

 

View Postjamielinney, on 09 August 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Whilst this is all very entertaining, I do wonder why nobody thought to buy water cannons from Europe to add to the British light tanks. There is a strong tradition of sound water cannon purchases in Britain.

 

I quite like this idea. Just make it equivalent to 'drowning' - can't wait to try that on a Maus. :D



jamielinney #15 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2105 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    07-26-2011

View Postkubawt112, on 09 August 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

 

Well, there are plenty who does; I believe Jabster himself admitted at one point to having a slew of alt accounts to 'fix his negrep' - back when that was a thing, and some of those accounts are still active. Pretty sure this is just another level.

 

Anyway, err, as a voice of authority on stuff like British tank-related politics, what do you reckon should happen to the tank prices? Should they decrease, or should there perhaps be an import tax on them?


Someone who knows about tax should be able to answer that.



Huzul #16 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 589 battles
  • 9
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    05-02-2012

View Postjamielinney, on 09 August 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:


Someone who knows about tax should be able to answer that.

 

The answer is it's all theft.



jamielinney #17 Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2105 battles
  • 112
  • Member since:
    07-26-2011

View PostHuzul, on 09 August 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

 

The answer is it's all theft.

 

From what I read, every game in a British light tank steals time from your life you'll never get back.



8126Jakobsson #18 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:43 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 77234 battles
  • 4,781
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postjamielinney, on 09 August 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

 

From what I read, every game in a British light tank steals time from your life you'll never get back.


That's what I have been doing this day and it is just as true as it is sad. Okay maybe more true than sad, I guess that's up for discussion. Or something. 



Corrupted_Pling #19 Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49416 battles
  • 907
  • [O-L-T] O-L-T
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012

October 31st 2019 is when we get our own WOT server...

 

Can't wait to ditch you europeans!



BeefCrtinBandit #20 Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6979 battles
  • 655
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users