Jump to content


Dog tags after tank festival


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Spirit_of_Forest #1 Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:32 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11393 battles
  • 57
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013
Some people don't like them, but I think they are cool. I wonder if WG let us keep it when event ends ?

The_Naa #2 Posted 10 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7439 battles
  • 1,194
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostSpirit_of_Forest, on 10 August 2019 - 02:32 AM, said:

Some people don't like them, but I think they are cool. I wonder if WG let us keep it when event ends ?

Yeah, i would even like more customization options. :)

make a system that you get tickets after games where you did a good job.

it keeps me trying my best at least.

 



Spurtung #3 Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:21 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 72766 battles
  • 6,234
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013
Seems WOT just got invaded by 13yo Fortniters.

The_Naa #4 Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7439 battles
  • 1,194
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostSpurtung, on 10 August 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

Seems WOT just got invaded

Nah i've been here longer.

View PostSpurtung, on 10 August 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

13yo

Nah.

View PostSpurtung, on 10 August 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

Fortniters.

Its a bad game IMO, thats why im here instead of being there.

 

besides what's wrong with personalisation?

its gives me a chance to stand out and i do like to be identified.

simple name to be remembered by, some unique dog tags and maybe a iconic tank with epic paintjob….        sounds like a good time :)

i know some people might find it oppressive, but i cant help with that.



Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:39 AM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17936 battles
  • 26,470
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
AFAIK No, they will be removed after the festival is over.

Spurtung #6 Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:49 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 72766 battles
  • 6,234
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostThe_Naa, on 10 August 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

besides what's wrong with personalisation?

its gives me a chance to stand out and i do like to be identified.

simple name to be remembered by, some unique dog tags and maybe a iconic tank with epic paintjob….        sounds like a good time :)

i know some people might find it oppressive, but i cant help with that.

 

How can I explain what "personalization" means in a way you can understand?

Hint: the highlighted line should help.



Spirit_of_Forest #7 Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11393 battles
  • 57
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 10 August 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

Seems WOT just got invaded by 13yo Fortniters.

Oh I just love ur ironic comment, if u want to know my age that bad I'm 23. I play video games rarely except WOT and yes I love dogtags, any problem with it? :) 



Pansenmann #8 Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 35983 battles
  • 13,620
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 10 August 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

Yeah, i would even like more customization options. :)

 

Indeed, actual 3d camo objects on the tank would be great

or more shell types to choose from


Edited by Pansenmann, 10 August 2019 - 12:24 PM.


The_Naa #9 Posted 10 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7439 battles
  • 1,194
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View PostSpurtung, on 10 August 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

 

How can I explain what "personalization" means in a way you can understand?

Hint: the highlighted line should help.

 

if people get oppressed with such things, i would argue that online games may not be the best place to hang around.

 

there are plenty of players that will invade their personal space based on WN8 and being forced to pick a unique gamer tag is not helping.

and if we would really start worrying that players get oppressed we should give everyone a number based name… user40033399944 (we had few people here in the forums that got their names changed and they took it pretty hard). camo, inscriptions and all other exterior options should be disabled and every tank should look the same, feel the same, play the same so nobody would feel oppressed.

no thank you



Element6 #10 Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31256 battles
  • 11,380
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

These dogtags don't serve any purpose that wasn't already covered by the game, so it's clearly a provocative gimmick.

 

All such features should be optional, just as it is optional if you want to see yellow E-100s or not.



Spurtung #11 Posted 10 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 72766 battles
  • 6,234
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostThe_Naa, on 10 August 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

 

if people get oppressed with such things, i would argue that online games may not be the best place to hang around.

 

there are plenty of players that will invade their personal space based on WN8 and being forced to pick a unique gamer tag is not helping.

and if we would really start worrying that players get oppressed we should give everyone a number based name… user40033399944 (we had few people here in the forums that got their names changed and they took it pretty hard). camo, inscriptions and all other exterior options should be disabled and every tank should look the same, feel the same, play the same so nobody would feel oppressed.

no thank you

I suppose I need to take this slower with you.

 

Personalization is great, I'm all for it.

 

Now, when said "personalization" translates into shoving your preferences onto others, the personal side of it gets a bit lost, wouldn't you agree?

14:52 Added after 8 minute

View PostSpirit_of_Forest, on 10 August 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

Oh I just love ur ironic comment, if u want to know my age that bad I'm 23. I play video games rarely except WOT and yes I love dogtags, any problem with it? :) 

 

Problem? No, I wish you all the best in the growing up process you're going through.



mjs_89 #12 Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7897 battles
  • 753
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

Proposal: Keep the dogtags after the event and add options like the ones for non-historical elements, something like "don't show enemy dog-tags" or "don't show my dog-tag to enemies". Nice, problem solved, everyone's happy.

 

On top of that, dog-tag customisation elements could be added as rewards for future events or added to the premium shop. More money for WG and more options for those who want them. Still a better way to make money than releasing op premium tanks imo.



Balc0ra #13 Posted 10 August 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 71585 battles
  • 20,063
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostElement6, on 10 August 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

 All such features should be optional, just as it is optional if you want to see yellow E-100s or not.

 

It's why I don't get why they can't take from WOWS more. I had zero interest in the football event last year, and the hangar for it. Or Buffon staring at me all day. In WOWS if you don't like the event or the dock for it. Simply go back to a different one, and all the stuff related to that event goes away. It's like you can't see the anime ships if you don't have the dock for it selected etc. 



ExclamationMark #14 Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16788 battles
  • 4,413
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
I far prefer some useless customization update over another Defender/Progetto being introduced.

SturmbannRagnar #15 Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3515 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    07-07-2018

they will be turned into huge pokemon stickers after ...

 

 



_Horned_ #16 Posted 10 August 2019 - 05:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18074 battles
  • 43
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011

View PostSpirit_of_Forest, on 10 August 2019 - 01:32 AM, said:

Some people don't like them, but I think they are cool. I wonder if WG let us keep it when event ends ?

I think they are cool too, keep them when the event is over but add an option to disable them, both sides happy. Easy GG



bitslice #17 Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23946 battles
  • 677
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 10 August 2019 - 03:39 AM, said:

AFAIK No, they will be removed after the festival is over.

 

All the players who like this kind of thing need to be removed as well, they need to go back to Fortnite



Spirit_of_Forest #18 Posted 10 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11393 battles
  • 57
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 10 August 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

Problem? No, I wish you all the best in the growing up process you're going through.

Behavior like that can cause u many problems in real life, but I'm sure in rl ur obedient kitty, and that's ok. Some pople have more courage, and some insult other people on forums, if u don't have anything smart to say keep away of this topic. Thank you.



I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #19 Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:17 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18119 battles
  • 260
  • [NASO] NASO
  • Member since:
    09-20-2013

View Postbitslice, on 10 August 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

 

All the players who like this kind of thing need to be removed as well, they need to go back to Fortnite

But i never played Fortnite...



Spurtung #20 Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:52 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 72766 battles
  • 6,234
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSpirit_of_Forest, on 10 August 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Behavior like that can cause u many problems in real life, but I'm sure in rl ur obedient kitty, and that's ok. Some pople have more courage, and some insult other people on forums, if u don't have anything smart to say keep away of this topic. Thank you.

 

Something smart? Well, you created this thread and you want others to say something smart?

 

I'll share something with you, then: the dogtags are trashy and you can have them all you want, but others that hate them shouldn't be having to install mods to keep from watching how trashy they are.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users