I need help,seriously,or i need to know if i don't need to bother

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Cpt_Vuulnyth #1 Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10680 battles

Let's begin by saying that i love this game.I'm a big fan of everything related to strategy and war,and i can be very passionate about it(and very salty,all the tryhard who will search my  posts to troll me will probably get it).However,in this post,i'll be the most honest i can be(i'm human,i'll have bias no matter what,but i'll try to have the minimum bias).

Here it is.I created my account on 2013,but i can say i really tried to be good at the game in something like 2015 .I felt that i progressed with every game,learning more and more,carying some games and losing some.My goal wasn't to be that 3100 wn8 unicum.I just wanted to be the guy that carried 1 out of 20 games and was doing fine 1 out of 2 games.

I felt that in the 2016-2017 era,i was really at that point.I was,like many players,very salty about arty and russian tanks but in the end it was all salt since with a bit of thinking and not a single gold,i was able most of the time to go over it.When i was frustrated with arty,i was taking my 13 90 with 6 shell in clip and was ready to clip arty when the moment showed itself.

To sum up for those who don't want to read my block,i was feeling progress and was able to go over most of the struggle i encountered.I was an average player that was winning half of his game and was having medium impact most of the time carrying some game.

Most of my whining was more salt than real disapointment.

I came back to the game a year ago,playing rarely from time to time.

Well...Everytime i play this game,i get brutally destroyed without being able to do anything at all.When i play my AMX 30B at tier X I can't hit anything since i feel everything has become so fast.And when i finally hit it,it bounces/don't pen.It's the same with every tank.It's not even that i don't look at my map.I see where i need to be and when.

When i have 6 tank's side with amx 30B good dpm i say to my self,that gonna be a good time.

1 shot missed,2nd bounced,3rd blocked,4th tracked then they turned their head and rush me.5 and 6th shot i finally pen,but it's too late,they are full hp and i did nothing when i could've stopped their push and i lose the game because of this.

It's not even like in some video games.When i was playing counter strike in my young age,i was very bad,but when i missed someone,i was doing at least some damage,and even if i didn't get the kill,it enabled my teammate to kill him more easly since he lost hp.In WoT,i don't even deal damage when i hit some ennemy 5 times in the side(mainly russian medium for that regard).I don't want to hear the "russian meds are OP,it's like that",i should be able to kill them if i flank them and unload on their side.(at least i should be able to damage them)

This is all my game's scenario .

I'm maybe very bad,maybe the playerbase simply stepped up and i became too bad to compete.I seriously unironically consider it.

This is a call for help,if someone has a good guide,some tips,or have time to loose coaching a noob like me ,ANYTHING that could help,i would take gladly

If you think this game is truly a broken mess,feel free to make your thoughts heard,but i'd rather think that it is not the case since i really like this game...:confused:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostCpt_Vuulnyth, on 11 August 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

I'm maybe very bad,maybe the playerbase simply stepped up and i became too bad to compete.I seriously unironically consider it.

I will start with this bit if you don't mind.

No, you are not particularly bad you're just out of practice. You don't play often and i guess you don't watch a lot of WOT streams or replays either. It takes some battles to get back to the game and the number depends on how long you stopped and when did you stop. For example patch 1.0 changed a lot of the maps, some new maps were added.

The player base didn't change much, maybe for the worse even. Which makes some battles either a very fast victory or a very fast defeat.

As for help, start by watching streams and if you want to play a particular tank, download and watch replays for this tank on different maps. Play a stronger tank with good crew at first, it'll help you focus on the battle and not having to fight the tank first. Can't say the AMX 30 is ideal for that.

Post replays of your own battles to help improve your game play and positioning. It's, i believe, still a very easy game to play and if anything it became easier not the other way around.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #3 Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9660 battles
I just shoot tonks

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12535 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostCpt_Vuulnyth, on 11 August 2019 - 05:26 AM, said:

i should be able to kill them if i flank them and unload on their side.(at least i should be able to damage them)

I dont have advice for you, just want to add that this^ is one of my biggest frustrations with WoT as well. If you outplay someone you should be rewarded for it.... no matter what +2 heavy or russian thing you are aiming at, side should be at least a 90% chance of damage IMO.

Mr_Burrows #5 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47756 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

Just play light tanks at tier 4-7 and get faster reactions for starters. Do that for 500 games. 

Play some arty. I know, some do not like this. But it actually helps you as you can observe how people behave on the battlefield, and you learn from that experience. 

Stay along the map edges if you are on an open map, never ever venture out into the middle if you have no clue what you are doing. 

Do not peek over ridges unless you are ready to pull back asap. So many go up, and sorta settle down expecting the targets to light ut and line up...

Do not trade shots with a tank that has bigger HP, relocating is a good thing (and thus fast tanks have an advantage). 

Some sound advice, some might others not agree upon. But these are my first suggestions. And oh, nowadays you get better tanks for cash than you get for in.game currency. That is just the way it is. 

Oldtanker68 #6 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1359 battles

Play low tiers for a while.

Go low, like tier 3 and 4, and when you get good at playing those tiers again, keep going up in tiers each time you feel comfortable.

Basically you need to re-learn the game, and its better to do it in an environment that you can handle, or you will just quit in frustration. ;)

Lots of New Things IG now, and the New typographics of the maps makes you do mistakes, going Places where you are "lit up", and getting you killed and so on.

Just keep at it for a while, and you will get a hang of it again.

GL.

Edit : I sure do hope this thread doesnt get closed for not beeing constructive, as this board is Heavy moderated. (sarcasm btw, but feel free to moderate)

Edited by Oldtanker68, 11 August 2019 - 12:26 PM.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #7 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9660 battles
Use HE if you can, some of my 122 loadouts are 75%HE

ChristOfTheAbyss #8 Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 11 August 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

Use HE if you can, some of my 122 loadouts are 75%HE

Well there's one of the reasons why you are not really having any success in the game. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33517 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Maybe AMX30B just isn't your tank?

Have a look thru and see what tanks you do well in and play some of those 'happy place' tanks to get yourself back into things.

shikaka9 #10 Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 69357 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Walletgaming, World of Wallets, Rasha. HE. p'Arty time. Campfire. Thin red line. Beer. Kill. 

mpf1959 #11 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26030 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I am amazed how much hand-wringing angst this game generates among people, it's a game ffs, play it and enjoy it, or dont. Is that so difficult?

Oh, but if you need help to cross the street google the green cross code, thats a freebie from me! :girl:

Balc0ra #12 Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71481 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well take notes of why you die and learn from those mistakes in that tank. Figure out why it's not working that well. Sure you can point towards your team at times. As any tank works when it has 6 guns next to it. But the AMX 30 is no aggressive brawler either. But if you figure out why you die so easy in it. It can help to. As in did you push vs guns you did not see to early before you guns go there, or did you wait to long to help out vs more guns etc? Even a small thing you notice can correct on a bad WR on one tank. I see you also have the BC with a similar experience on tier X.

You have several tanks higher up with an above average WR. As your most played tier 9 has a higher WR then your average. But could be that the style of paper meds is not your style? I have tanks I don't go to close as I never do well in them, regardless of what I do.

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22971 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

You might want to back to lower tiers and get comfortable with that first, like tiers 5-6.

Bigtime_Alarm #14 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20972 battles
Use WASD keys to select where on the battlefield you get slaughtered, everything else is a joke on us.

HundeWurst #15 Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74992 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

The AMX 30b is an incredibly bad tank (in the current meta).

If you are playing the game the casual way just enjoy it. If you stop caring things will get better for you.

kubawt112 #16 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
Watch some streams, might be enough to refresh your memory. Alternatively, find someone experienced to work with. They don't have to be great players, chances are you can figure out how to shoot the tanks once you get places your tank is useful (and where you won't be overrun instantly).

iztok #17 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

> I need help,seriously

I really can't help you with high-tier battles. I lack experience there, because I don't like the way they are played, so I don't play them. From my limited exp there, I can give you just some general thoughts:

- Don't advance. Camp good position until the battle is almost won. (*)

- Play like your tank is 1-shot. Move quickly, shot quickly, stay in cover most of the time.

- Don't wait to fully empty your clip. You're just asking to be shot. (*)

- If you intend to play in high tiers, DON'T TRAIN IN LOWER TIERS. Game there plays differently and will "teach" you stuff that's not working in high tiers.

(*) Those are general rules. You can play differently, but you need to be really sure you can broke them.

E.g. you have this situation: there's a lone enemy tank in forward position, and you can clip it with 3 shots if you rush it.

Ex1: But it's early battle and there's 13 enemies, 6 of them still un-spotted. What will you do?

Ex2: It's late battle, only 5 enemies remaining, 3 of them just spotted far away. What will you do?

HTH and BR,   Iztok

Edited by iztok, 13 August 2019 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users