So Now That We've Had A Weekend With No FF

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: FF (163 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

How do you feel about the game without FF?

1. I feel the game is better without FF (48 votes [29.45%])

Percentage of vote: 29.45%

2. I feel the game was better with FF (76 votes [46.63%])

Percentage of vote: 46.63%

3. I feel the game is about the same as before (39 votes [23.93%])

Percentage of vote: 23.93%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 29813 battles

We've had a taste of what it's like with no FF, I think enough to draw conclusions. So, what do you guys think of it, do share your thoughts having lived with it thus far. Is the game better without it, was it better with it and what do you feel needs tweaking to improve it a bit, if anything? 

My own thoughts? It's worked out a lot better than I thought it would honestly. I'm not saying it's perfect but it didn't reduce gameplay into some clusterfork of brawling heavies with both sides supporting teammates hailing shells in on top of them indiscriminately lol. Friendly arty still hits me about as often, which is still about as annoying as before but now they do so without causing me damage(though reducing my capacity to fight by being stunned and thus taking damage from enemy tanks I otherwise would not have if I wasn't stunned or having to waste a med kit needlessly then ironically losing a commander with the very next shot is technically causing me team damage imo since it was 100% team related and would not have without being blasted by my arty). It's nice not to have to worry about being blasted by a teammate either on purpose or much likely, by accident, that's really nice actually, was annoying getting shot in the back of the head. Pushing and blocking hasn't increased, it's about the same. Unfortunately you CAN troll shoot a teammate without consequences but this is something that can easily be rectified by applying some detection system and sanction. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 11 August 2019 - 10:19 PM.

The_Naa #2 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7294 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

i think its great that we dont have FF anymore.

i can take more daring shots to save my allies instead of waiting them to die first so i can ''save'' them.

maps like Lakeville and Malinovka became far more enjoyable to me as i dont have to worry about an ally driving beside me and suddenly stopping to shoot a tank thats on the other side of the map, just for me to drive infront of him when he fires.

only negative thing is that i cant do this with my brother again :(

deorum #3 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 30088 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD
much better

JCD3nton #4 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27147 battles
I'm so glad friendly fire is gone now. I was sick and tired of people shooting you just because you don't play the way they want you to play. So many people enjoyed shooting their team mates in WoT that it was crazy. Also I think the drama going on about "what if they push me/block me" is over-exaggerated. It happens once or twice in a hundred battles and it's not that much of an issue. I never used to hit my own team mates but I used to get shot so often which turned friendly fire into pure disadvantage for players like me. So I really enjoy drinking the tears of team killers now. Or should I say ex-team killers? :trollface:

Edited by JCD3nton, 11 August 2019 - 09:48 PM.

iuytr #5 Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11673 battles
I feel it varies with tier. I play mainly lower tiers and I have come across several trolls intent on mucking up the "team" and there's nothing we can do about it.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71518 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Kinda worse in some aspects. Arty doesn't give two cents anymore and stuns friendlies as much as enemies on the HT lane on some maps. They said friendly arty stun would count and turn you blue. But I got smacked several times by the same friendly arty when I did not want to spot where he wanted. Did not turn blue. So easy fix for WG to make that riskier.

People block you way more now to get the damage or kill. As they know you hitting them is no risk of punishment for anyone. Not been pushed out of a spot more than twice, and gotten the "what you gonna do about it?" reply. But seen in on others a fair bit. As they are 2x heavier, and he can't fire back. So why care? As they wanted that spot. No pre arguments etc. If this is a phase or not remains to be seen just to test the new system etc. 

The thing I always feared would come, as in different abuses I've only seen once. So that's good I guess. As in two started to argue for a simple block out of spawn, as I've seen many times this patch. But only one went far with it. As in one of them drove in front of the other to block him from going forward. And they shot at each other for a bit while the rant in chat did keep going. That would def have been a medium less if FF was on.

Negativvv #7 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12207 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Where is the middle option?

I've noticed no difference yet, although that might be due to the fact I'm not brawling at the moment...

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 29813 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 11 August 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

Where is the middle option?

I've noticed no difference yet, although that might be due to the fact I'm not brawling at the moment...

np

ExclamationMark #9 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

Even though I would have been on the receiving end of intentional team damage more than the average player, I still believe the game was better with team damage.

Now there's no way to punish trollers, griefers and arty players that whine in chat.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:23 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 29813 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 August 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

Kinda worse in some aspects. Arty doesn't give two cents anymore and stuns friendlies as much as enemies on the HT lane on some maps. They said friendly arty stun would count and turn you blue. But I got smacked several times by the same friendly arty when I did not want to spot where he wanted. Did not turn blue. So easy fix for WG to make that riskier.

People block you way more now to get the damage or kill. As they know you hitting them is no risk of punishment for anyone. Not been pushed out of a spot more than twice, and gotten the "what you gonna do about it?" reply. But seen in on others a fair bit. As they are 2x heavier, and he can't fire back. So why care? As they wanted that spot. No pre arguments etc. If this is a phase or not remains to be seen just to test the new system etc. 

The thing I always feared would come, as in different abuses I've only seen once. So that's good I guess. As in two started to argue for a simple block out of spawn, as I've seen many times this patch. But only one went far with it. As in one of them drove in front of the other to block him from going forward. And they shot at each other for a bit while the rant in chat did keep going. That would def have been a medium less if FF was on.

Ya actually I saw an arty player get really annoyed with an IS-7 player(and we all were tbh but that's not the point) and he just kept shooting and stunning him without any consequence. Same as just troll shooting a teammate. This is easily fixed though if they just added a limit and then you get an hours time out, same as regular drowning imo. It's pretty obvious if a player is a regular offender it's not accident for the vast majority the time. 

21:25 Added after 1 minute

View PostExclamationMark, on 11 August 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Even though I would have been on the receiving end of intentional team damage more than the average player, I still believe the game was better with team damage.

Now there's no way to punish trollers, griefers and arty players that whine in chat.

Ya, even though it's wrong, there was a certain satisfaction, after being shot repeatedly by your own arty, to have the ability to swing that gun around and remove what was effectively enemy number 16.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71518 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 August 2019 - 10:23 PM, said:

Ya actually I saw an arty player get really annoyed with an IS-7 player(and we all were tbh but that's not the point) and he just kept shooting and stunning him without any consequence. Same as just troll shooting a teammate. This is easily fixed though if they just added a limit and then you get an hours time out, same as regular drowning imo. It's pretty obvious if a player is a regular offender it's not accident for the vast majority the time.

Well they did say the system would still be on for stuns. And considering how much it impacts your tank. And I've seen people get hit several times. Or even arty smacking a group of 4 just to hit that one tank several times with no penalty. It's kinda silly. There should be a friendly to enemy ratio much like the old TD. And it should be 5 at the most. Get that down again and it's all fine over time. Don't and you get smacked for it.

It sound silly since it does no damage. But that reduction in speed and reload have already gotten me killed once as I could not get back in cover in time, nor fire back fast enough. And what happens? Nothing. 

TungstenHitman #12 Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 29813 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 August 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Well they did say the system would still be on for stuns. And considering how much it impacts your tank. And I've seen people get hit several times. Or even arty smacking a group of 4 just to hit that one tank several times with no penalty. It's kinda silly. There should be a friendly to enemy ratio much like the old TD. And it should be 5 at the most. Get that down again and it's all fine over time. Don't and you get smacked for it.

It sound silly since it does no damage. But that reduction in speed and reload have already gotten me killed once as I could not get back in cover in time, nor fire back fast enough. And what happens? Nothing. 

Totally agree I made that very point above. SPG hasn't directly damaged me by stunning me but it has effectively damaged by heavily reducing my tanks performance, my tanks ability to move to cover, to aim as fast, to be as accurate as it shoot be, dispersion, view range, reload, effectively reduced my dpm, my hull and turret traverse speed etc.... the damage I/everyone will take during those moments is effectively the damage that SPG has caused me. Instead of dealing the damage and not being shot instead, because we are stunned, we are taking damage. This, obviously, heavily influences not just our personal gains, but also as a team based game, influences the result. What might well have been a win, would most likely be a dead enemy tank and lots of nice hp to play with, instead its a loss, the enemy tank lives, and our tanks are destroyed. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #13 Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33696 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Looking at the poll results, I've lost faith in humanity.

Apparently, according to an overwhelming majority, it is perfectly fine for mass-teamkiller deathstar platoons to roam the randoms, for grieving TDs to shoot light tanks, for toxic haters to TK arty at the start, and for salty players to shoot allies who "stole their kill".

Just when I started to think how nice it is now, to play a light tank and not have to worry about suddenly losing most or all of my HP because some TD thinks I'm not doing anything, how nice it is to not have to be wary of allies in base aiming their guns at me when I'm on an arty mission, how nice it is to not get damaged by an accidental shot in the back of the turret when poking around a corner with the rest of your teammates.

Humans...their greed destroys their only home, their stubbornness destroys eachother.

You all really are destined for failure.

I have no further comments.

EDIT: Poll results have normalized by now, thankfully.

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 August 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

Ya, even though it's wrong, there was a certain satisfaction, after being shot repeatedly by your own arty, to have the ability to swing that gun around and remove what was effectively enemy number 16.

That is not a justifiable argument. Arty can no longer damage you, so there's no need for you to damage them.

View PostExclamationMark, on 11 August 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

You are not Batman. Leave the justice-dealing to Player Support and the report system.

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 August 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

It is clearly not working as originally intended. My guess is they either messed up or are gathering data as to how often it should be allowed to stun allies "accidentally"...IMO a system should detect any enemies near the stunned allies - if there aren't any, it means the team-stun is intentional, and should instantly activate blue status.

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 12 August 2019 - 09:37 AM.

kubawt112 #14 Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Certain players/forumites are sure to disagree, but I never found team damage to be a huge deal. Hence, starting to play after it was removed, I can't notice much of a difference. It's nice that platoonmates don't take damage, though. :)

Gruff_ #15 Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20044 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I've noticed being blocked from reversing more, and people getting in each others way after spawning but that may jut be the weekend warriors.   I haven't altered not taking risky shots that could harm my team mates in tanks or arty as I'm used to not doing it.

OmniWalou #16 Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles
Actually glad how it's going, no more pointless disputes between teammates cause someone touched someone else's tank. I rarely got TKd or shot and I'm extremely rarely getting pushed, but that still didn't mean that I didn't witness team damaging, TKing and physics abuse in a lot of my games. Thankfully 2 of those are gone, now we just need people to learn to report the 3rd, the physics abuse. Previously their solution was to break the rules themselves and start TKing physics abusers... That was not a solution to it.
03:10 Added after 8 minute

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 11 August 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

Apparently, according to an overwhelming majority, it is perfectly fine for mass-teamkiller deathstar platoons to roam the randoms, for grieving TDs to shoot light tanks, for toxic haters to TK arty at the start, and for salty players to shoot allies who "stole their kill".

Here's a thread I bookmarked a while back. In it you can see those speshul people who support teamkilling arties. It's a sad read honestly.

truoste #17 Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41600 battles

This poll pretty much shows why removing FF was a good thing. People think their FF is justified and apparently in many cases, they believe that the guy that they shoot is going to learn something (I have hard time understanding what else could it be than that the shooter is edited).

I have not seen any pushing around and arties keep shooting you all the same but now they do not do any dmg nor kill your crew so that is excellent. I have been guilty of "paying my respects" to "allied" arty every now and then before but cannot do that anymore, which is great.

edit: It seems that poll has evened out a bit and teamdamage enthusiasts do not represent 80% anymore.  

Edited by truoste, 13 August 2019 - 06:59 AM.

Mr_Burrows #18 Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 47801 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Beneficial for the most part. As I almost solely play light tanks I now get out of spawn without any damage from being bumped into/bumping into team members. Those 8-25 hp can make a diff in the end game. 

8126Jakobsson #19 Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77179 battles

View Posttruoste, on 12 August 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

This poll pretty much shows why removing FF was a good thing. People think their FF is justified and apparently in many cases, they believe that the guy that they shoot is going to learn something (I have hard time understanding what else could it be than that the shooter is edited).

Well I want FF back and I have no intentions of shooting at my allies. It's just an element I want in a battle game. Driving in front of guns is generally a bad idea no matter what tanks they are mounted on. Now it's careless la-la-la driving and shooting from the hip in all situations without any eventual negative repercussions to count for. To me that's a negative change which makes for a duller gameplay.

Slipperry #20 Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13482 battles

I don't post much but I feel this change realy broke the game for me. I haven't played since the patch and every time I feel like "Yes, lets play WoT for a couple hours, it's fun", I rember they turned of team damage and I just "Meh, that's boring".

Please WG, turn team damage on again so we can play the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users