The_Naa #1 Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7314 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Hello :)

First of all happy Birhtday  World of Tanks :medal:

its a day for joy for me at least.  :)

i was kinda hoping i would celebrate by going to get my self something nice from to Premium shop there was no Birthday offers for me to spend my money on. :(

there are some special offers as usual but nothing new came as of today, i will most likely find something but it feels kinda disappointing knowing WG as they take every opportunity to bring us new cool bundles and offers.

No XP fever, no in game shop sales or as i said no special bundles came today.

i hope WG just forgot WoT¨s birthday and will add some offers later :rolleyes:

regardless, i wish you all a good 9th year anniversary. :honoring:

staurinsh #2 Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34236 battles
A day of joy for you? But what about wg, did you send them a gift? Like purchasing fort knox?

Edited by staurinsh, 12 August 2019 - 07:54 AM.

The_Naa #3 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7314 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View Poststaurinsh, on 12 August 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

A day of joy for you? But what about wg, did you send them a gift? Like purchasing fort knox?

ill get some gold and other cool stuff. thats my gift. :)

i might as well get something as there is no new specials atm.

KV-122 is looking like a fine choice.

Edited by The_Naa, 12 August 2019 - 08:04 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 12 August 2019 - 11:02 AM, said:

ill get some gold and other cool stuff. thats my gift. :)

i might as well get something as there is no new specials atm.

KV-122 is looking like a fine choice.

First i commend your discipline!

This year they changed the format from discounts on premium and standard tanks, consumables, etc. to the 2 months long tank festival event. I wouldn't recommend buying the KV-122 though. :)

Note: WOT EU birthday is in April. What we have currently is the WG anniversary.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 12 August 2019 - 08:13 AM.

8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77193 battles
I'd like to go out and vroom-vroom with the bike but it's raining. I'd like to sit on the porch and lay some puzzle but I've finished the one I had. I'd like to buy a new british premium light tank since the other two options are out, but there's no such tank to buy. Happy birthday. :child:

The_Naa #6 Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7314 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 August 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

1. First i commend your discipline!

2. This year they changed the format from discounts on premium and standard tanks, consumables, etc. to the 2 months long tank festival event.

Note: WOT EU birthday is in April. What we have currently is the WG anniversary.

3. I wouldn't recommend buying the KV-122 though. :)

1. My discipline comes from desire.

i never want to miss out on any holiday, events, etc. as i see them a possibility for WG to offer us great deals & tanks.

i always have some spare money on my hand for such occasions, if WG happens to for no good reason to place something like Type 59 on sale for 24H and i dont have money at hand atm i will regret it.

2. interesting. yes its on April. i did check the date on wikipedia before posting this thread it did confirm that i was not wrong on the date. :P

Spoiler

turns out there might be more to this than i thought. after all we have WOT on PC ( NA, EU, ASIA ) WOT on Xbox 360, WOT Blitz, WOT on PS4 & Xbox one. and im sure each and every one have a different release date. which one is original release and where ( do we even celebrate that? ) and the EU release ( that we might celebrate ) 

i lost my confidence on trusting my sources for my information :(

3 i do think that KV-122 would be a great tank, i like the IS-2 and i am comparing it against all IS variants, it loses a little bit of RoF and armor for more speed, i can live with that. armor is not that important IMO as it can be bypassed with APCR/HEAT.

i might look into it more deeply but i usually can tell if i like the tank or not just by looking at the base stats and model

Edit:

Spoiler

might be true but WW is 12 of April but EU is 2 December.

again i dont trust this that much.

i did visit russian side of the map and even they did not get anything special.

Edited by The_Naa, 12 August 2019 - 09:03 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 12 August 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

1. My discipline comes from desire.

i never want to miss out on any holiday, events, etc. as i see them a possibility for WG to offer us great deals & tanks.

i always have some spare money on my hand for such occasions, if WG happens to for no good reason to place something like Type 59 on sale for 24H and i dont have money at hand atm i will regret it.

It's a nice gesture to support the Devs of a game you like and help keep the thing running. WG themselves expected to develop the game for 5-7 years max so guys like you kept it alive for this long. Discipline is also shown in answering that...never mind! ;)

2. interesting. yes its on April. i did check the date on wikipedia before posting this thread it did confirm that i was not wrong on the date. :P
Spoiler

turns out there might be more to this than i thought. after all we have WOT on PC ( NA, EU, ASIA ) WOT on Xbox 360, WOT Blitz, WOT on PS4 & Xbox one. and im sure each and every one have a different release date. which one is original release and where ( do we even celebrate that? ) and the EU release ( that we might celebrate ) 

i lost my confidence on trusting my sources for my information :(

3 i do think that KV-122 would be a great tank, i like the IS-2 and i am comparing it against all IS variants, it loses a little bit of RoF and armor for more speed, i can live with that. armor is not that important IMO as it can be bypassed with APCR/HEAT.

i might look into it more deeply but i usually can tell if i like the tank or not just by looking at the base stats and model

Edit:

Spoiler

might be true but WW is 12 of April but EU is 2 December.

again i dont trust this that much.

In August was the release of WOT in RU but since it's a big event and it coincides with WG anniversary which is also celebrated in other clusters, WGEU called it WOT' 9th anniversary. You can't have the 8th birthday of WOT in EU in April and the 9th in August. At least not on earth! :)

https://worldoftanks...rthday-special/

Between the awful gun handling, the arty level accuracy, the lack of pen and/or PMM and the flimsy armor please reconsider. It's also available for free through the referral program to the recruit account though. Sometimes RNG takes over and you point and shoot with an aiming circle the size of the screen and still slap someone for 400. That's funny but most of the times you can't help yourself or others with that gun.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 12 August 2019 - 09:21 AM.

The_Naa #8 Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7314 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 August 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

It's a nice gesture to support the Devs of a game you like and help keep the thing running. WG themselves expected to develop the game for 5-7 years max so guys like you kept it alive for this long. Discipline is also shown in answering that...never mind! ;)

i agree, i think its nice to support a game and it does not hurt to get few pixels to play with ;)

In August was the release of WOT in RU but since it's a big event and it coincides with WG anniversary which is also celebrated in other clusters, WGEU called it WOT' 9th anniversary. You can't have the 8th birthday of WOT in EU in April and the 9th in August. At least not on earth! :)

https://worldoftanks...rthday-special/

cool

and oh yeah... i forgot about that.

but they did phrase it like this: ''Today, we're celebrating the eighth birthday of World of Tanks in Europe.''

we still have Russian version and its BD is today. (as far as i know :hiding:  i mean im not totally wrong... right?)

Between the awful gun handling, the arty level accuracy, the lack of pen and/or PMM and the flimsy armor please reconsider. It's also available for free through the referral program to the recruit account though. Sometimes RNG takes over and you point and shoot with an aiming circle the size of the screen and still slap someone for 400. That's funny but most of the times you can't help yourself or others with that gun.

Spoiler

the gun does not look that bad.

sure its not the greatest thing in existence.

but against the other equal tier 122 carrying IS variants its not half bad in my opinion. sure it lacks against tier 8 & 9 but so does many other tank and its only natural for a lower tier tank to lose against them in terms of performance. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:00 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 12 August 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

i agree, i think its nice to support a game and it does not hurt to get few pixels to play with ;)

cool

and oh yeah... i forgot about that.

but they did phrase it like this: ''Today, we're celebrating the eighth birthday of World of Tanks in Europe.''

we still have Russian version and its BD is today. (as far as i know :hiding:  i mean im not totally wrong... right?)

I never said you're, just that it might as well be a summer event to keep some of the server population. :)

View PostThe_Naa, on 12 August 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Spoiler

the gun does not look that bad.

sure its not the greatest thing in existence.

but against the other equal tier 122 carrying IS variants its not half bad in my opinion. sure it lacks against tier 8 & 9 but so does many other tank and its only natural for a lower tier tank to lose against them in terms of performance. 

Jeez, you came back with 5 of them! :ohmy:

The_Naa #10 Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7314 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 August 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

I never said you're, just that it might as well be a summer event to keep some of the server population. :)

That's a relief.

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 August 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Jeez, you came back with 5 of them! :ohmy:

:trollface:

those are my competitors.

Chinese IS-2 would be the easiest choice as i have it unlocked and elited.

KV-122 has good speed compared to the IS's, so it does feel like the best choice.

its like the KV-85, but faster and with more hit points.  and most importantly compared to the KV-85 its a premium tank.

unhappy_bunny #11 Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19559 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
Saw the thread title and though WG might have included Grouse Shooting in the game. 

TheDrownedApe #12 Posted 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48680 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

yeah i congratulate them too.

Without WG i would probably have spent £1000s on games in the past 6 years trying to fill my gaming needs. But i found WoT (and WoWs for a while) and my gaming enjoyment has been fulfilled.

I've spent a fair bit on this game over those 6 years, but don't splurge a lot on prem tanks. So i've given them something back for their pressies over the years.

just asked paypal for a report (my only WG payment method) and i've spent..

£1182.61 on them since March 2013. I'm quite surprised it's so low, but then i don't buy premium tanks etc and my biggest purchase was £36.65

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 12 August 2019 - 04:17 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32681 battles

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 12 August 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

Without WG i would probably have spent £1000s on games in the past 6 years trying to fill my gaming needs. But i found WoT (and WoWs for a while) and my gaming enjoyment has been fulfilled.

I've spent a fair bit on this game over those 6 years, but don't splurge a lot on prem tanks. So i've given them something back for their pressies over the years.

£1182.61 on them since March 2013. I'm quite surprised it's so low, but then i don't buy premium tanks etc and my biggest purchase was £36.65

Not bad for the entertainment value.  I make that equivalent to a weekly half pint of beer in the pub.

lnfernaI #14 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33236 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA

View Poststaurinsh, on 12 August 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

i bought 9 fort knoxes.

but since this isn't CIS region, it's most likely only, at max, 20% of their profit.

so your irony is weak.

enjo #15 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17192 battles

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

At the risk of a shock - how did you do that?

TheDrownedApe #16 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48680 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postenjo, on 13 August 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

At the risk of a shock - how did you do that?

Go to the "statement" link then you can specify a date range ( unfortunately not retailer specific) and wait for your CSV file to be populated, my 6 year report only took about an hour.

Then I just used excel to get the data I needed, note WG changed their name as it appears on paypal once during this time

The_Naa #17 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7314 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 12 August 2019 - 04:10 PM, said:

i've spent around 1500-2000€ on this game… :ohmy:

i got some pretty pixels in return tho, so its fine :)

i could have spent the money on some loot boxes in other games but they are usually random skins that dont add anything new to my game.

a new tank that is way different than the other with added benefits? count me in.

a new skin for my assault rifle, that i will never use because its a random drop that i probably did not even want? nah.

WoT loot boxes are different that you get at least something useful every time. gold, premium time.

in the end money well spent. :coin:

PointZero #18 Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45850 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 August 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

True, I still remember when they pulled the Tier III T-29 for being too strong after the whole Chrysler K debacle and didn't give us the traditional anniversary "garage slot". (only to release the T-29 later for Holiday Ops with the same exact stats) Back then MrConway gave this as a convenient excuse for the missing tank: 

View PostMrConway, on 15 August 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

We always celebrate the WoT anniversary for the European release, the RU cluster celebrates the Russian release.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users