Jump to content


Hazul is gone

noob

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

BlueSnail #1 Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22240 battles
  • 615
  • [KBAD] KBAD
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014

I began to reach out to Hazul, since he asked for help.  He played some 700 battles, but he left about a week ago.

He was one of those guys who bought a tier 8 premium tank, assuming that's all he needed to do well.

I looked at his account and he fought less than 10 battles in any other tanks.

Hazul admitted he did not have much time to play, and was looking for a shortcut.

Although WoT has many problems, at least its not really a Pay2Win game.

Skill is still required.  I guess this is something positive to say about WoT.



fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 60003 battles
  • 2,032
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostBlueSnail, on 12 August 2019 - 06:20 PM, said:

Hazul admitted he did not have much time to play, and was looking for a shortcut.

Does this mean he committed (word with an s)? :confused:

Sad that some people don't have the luck in life.



BravelyRanAway #3 Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24431 battles
  • 12,151
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostBlueSnail, on 12 August 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

I began to reach out to Hazul, since he asked for help.  

That name doesn't register on any stat sites.....not even in WoT. Are you sure you have the name correct?

17:59 Added after 3 minute
Or are you falling for the wind up by an alt of a forum clan member with ego issues?

BlueSnail #4 Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22240 battles
  • 615
  • [KBAD] KBAD
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 12 August 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

That name doesn't register on any stat sites.....not even in WoT. Are you sure you have the name correct?

17:59 Added after 3 minute
Or are you falling for the wind up by an alt of a forum clan member with ego issues?

I have sent him player mail, and he did respond to this post, so he is still hanging out in the shadows.

Yes, I had noticed that I could not find him on WotLabs.

However, his strategy of purchasing a tier 8 premium tank and running it exclusively is not the best.  Yet I do remind myself that everyone is free to play this silly game however they wish, regardless of my opinions.



Kothaar #5 Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:56 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 63061 battles
  • 507
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2011
Wasnt T-59 a tier 8 premium. There were a lot of "great" players who played only that, since it had a high win ratio. Before that it was the t-54, but that was at the time when this game was very undeveloped.

TrikkiTrakks #6 Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 212 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    08-31-2019
You can't jump into a tier 8 with no experience at the lower tiers. You are setting yourself up for failure. You don't know enough about the game and your crews aren't trained enough. All you're going to do with that premium tank is run out and get killed by invisible tanks 30 seconds out of the cap circle. Learn the lower tiers first and train up a decent crew before you start spending money on high tier premiums. 

ThinGun #7 Posted 07 September 2019 - 02:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40617 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostTrikkiTrakks, on 07 September 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

You can't jump into a tier 8 with no experience at the lower tiers. You are setting yourself up for failure. You don't know enough about the game and your crews aren't trained enough. All you're going to do with that premium tank is run out and get killed by invisible tanks 30 seconds out of the cap circle. Learn the lower tiers first and train up a decent crew before you start spending money on high tier premiums. 

 

This is true.  But if some 'experienced' player had given told him 'to be a better player, you need a better tank', then ... he was just following advice.  I'm sure there are many new players who are sent up the wrong path by asking the wrong people for help.



Tony_EU #8 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:01 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 179 battles
  • 2,527
  • [RASHA] RASHA
  • Member since:
    04-27-2016

View PostThinGun, on 07 September 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

This is true.  But if some 'experienced' player had given told him 'to be a better player, you need a better tank', then ... he was just following advice.  I'm sure there are many new players who are sent up the wrong path by asking the wrong people for help.


Have you learned a lot of advanced gameplay by playing tier 3-5 for 40k battles? Nevermind you have the stats on the signature LOL. You are living proof why nobody should ever stay at low tiers to "learn the game."

 

The only semi-high-to-high tier tank you seem to play is E25 which is one of the best tier 7 tanks and after 5000+ battles on it you have 44% win rate and 582 damage per game with it. For reference when played to 50 battle count, I did 512 damage with the tier 3 T-127 with awful crew. Clearly playing the Marder and other low tier pedotanks has taught you to play the game well.


Edited by Tony_EU, 07 September 2019 - 09:15 PM.


tiger2727 #9 Posted 07 September 2019 - 09:18 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 684 battles
  • 103
  • Member since:
    05-15-2014

View PostTony_EU, on 07 September 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

Have you learned a lot of advanced gameplay by playing tier 3-5 for 40k battles? Nevermind you have the stats on the signature LOL. You are living proof why nobody should ever stay at low tiers to "learn the game."

 

Wasn't there a time when everyone was recommending that bot players purchase the E25 as a joke, and all the [edited]went and bought one?



ThinGun #10 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:10 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40617 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostTony_EU, on 07 September 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:


Have you learned a lot of advanced gameplay by playing tier 3-5 for 40k battles? Nevermind you have the stats on the signature LOL. You are living proof why nobody should ever stay at low tiers to "learn the game."

 

The only semi-high-to-high tier tank you seem to play is E25 which is one of the best tier 7 tanks and after 5000+ battles on it you have 44% win rate and 582 damage per game with it. For reference when played to 50 battle count, I did 512 damage with the tier 3 T-127 with awful crew. Clearly playing the Marder and other low tier pedotanks has taught you to play the game well.

 

I don't think I've learned ANY advanced gameplay. 

 

And gosh, you can play better than me in a tank.  I'm so impressed.  I actually thought I was the best player in the game until you mentioned it.

 

I think you secretly fancy me, because you keep responding to my posts and trying to impress me.  

23:11 Added after 0 minute

View Posttiger2727, on 07 September 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

 

Wasn't there a time when everyone was recommending that bot players purchase the E25 as a joke, and all the [edited]went and bought one?

 

Quite possibly.  If that was a thing, I certainly fell for it.   Nice to know that you can trust experienced players ....



Tony_EU #11 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:57 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 179 battles
  • 2,527
  • [RASHA] RASHA
  • Member since:
    04-27-2016

View PostThinGun, on 08 September 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

 

I don't think I've learned ANY advanced gameplay. 

 

And gosh, you can play better than me in a tank.  I'm so impressed.  I actually thought I was the best player in the game until you mentioned it.

 

I think you secretly fancy me, because you keep responding to my posts and trying to impress me.  

 

Then don't go ahead and tell others to "stick to low tiers to learn the game" when it obviously only teaches bad habits that do not work against half-decent opposition. And yes, this is why an experienced baddie is the worst person of all to listen to. An experienced baddie is someone who has had lots of time and reps to become good, yet he has miserably failed. When you listen to advise from such people, *edited


When you invest money, do you listen to the person who's steadily made profit for years and years or do you take the advise of the experienced, consistent loser who's been sinking money into the stock market for years who is happy to share his knowledge with everyone in a nice tone? Why would World of Tanks be any different? Taking advise from someone who obviously lacks competence on every meaningful level is like 


Yes, I can play tanks better than you. Since this is a tank game forum that's very relevant. It's only fair there's someone like me who's going to put you in your place when you try to spread the loser's mindset to others. *edited This is very typical baddie behavior. Someone has to be the [edited] who says how things are to save the poor newcomers from becoming bots who don't see their mistakes and who think their 47% win rate is explained by them only getting bad teams.

 

Taking advise from you on how to get good at World of Tanks is like asking a lifestyle alcoholic how to stop drinking.


Edited by flashmove_iron, 08 September 2019 - 10:35 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.


ThinGun #12 Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:34 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40617 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
CBA.

Edited by ThinGun, 08 September 2019 - 10:38 AM.


tiger2727 #13 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:01 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 684 battles
  • 103
  • Member since:
    05-15-2014

View PostThinGun, on 07 September 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

I don't think I've learned ANY advanced gameplay.

 

You seem an intelligent guy. After playing the game a lot, where do you sit on the Dunning-Kruger curve?

 

 



ThinGun #14 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:21 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40617 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Posttiger2727, on 08 September 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

 

You seem an intelligent guy. After playing the game a lot, where do you sit on the Dunning-Kruger curve?

 

 

 

I don't know enough about it to know where I sit on that curve.

 

I think I'm a fairly intelligent person and also that I'm self-aware enough to realise my own limitations.  There are many things I'm actually rather good at, more that I'm competent at and even more at I'm rubbish at. 

 

I put computer gaming in that last category.  I really don't have what it takes to be good at gaming.  But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it - like, I'll never be a Formula One driver, but I do like to cruise around in a car, and I'll never climb a mountain, but I can walk on a moor.

 

Does that answer your question?  

 

BTW.  I know a little about Dunning Kruger. Most people use it to laugh at stupid people who are too stupid to know they are stupid.  But.  This from Wiki ... "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."


Edited by ThinGun, 08 September 2019 - 11:26 AM.


tiger2727 #15 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 684 battles
  • 103
  • Member since:
    05-15-2014

View PostThinGun, on 08 September 2019 - 10:21 AM, said:

 

I don't know enough about it to know where I sit on that curve.

 

I think I'm a fairly intelligent person and also that I'm self-aware enough to realise my own limitations.  There are many things I'm actually rather good at, more that I'm competent at and even more at I'm rubbish at. 

 

I put computer gaming in that last category.  I really don't have what it takes to be good at gaming.  But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it - like, I'll never be a Formula One driver, but I do like to cruise around in a car, and I'll never climb a mountain, but I can walk on a moor.

 

Does that answer your question?  

 

 

It kinda does. My mate is good at this game and he says it just needs you to do one thing. Look at the minimap and work out whats going on. I can't do that. I have tunnel vision. I can one thing at a time well, but I cant multi task. That is ok for my job on the checkout, but I just cant do this game. I know its a team game and I dont want to ruin the games of other players by playing. Like driving a car you enjoy but your a bad driver. Everyone is good at something. I think the guy who swept the launch pad for Apollo 11 was good at sweeping and thinks he put a man on the moon. Its nice to feel you can do something well even if it doesn't require much intelligence.



ThinGun #16 Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 40617 battles
  • 2,586
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Posttiger2727, on 08 September 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

 

It kinda does. My mate is good at this game and he says it just needs you to do one thing. Look at the minimap and work out whats going on. I can't do that. I have tunnel vision. I can one thing at a time well, but I cant multi task. That is ok for my job on the checkout, but I just cant do this game. I know its a team game and I dont want to ruin the games of other players by playing. Like driving a car you enjoy but your a bad driver. Everyone is good at something. I think the guy who swept the launch pad for Apollo 11 was good at sweeping and thinks he put a man on the moon. Its nice to feel you can do something well even if it doesn't require much intelligence.

 

Yeah, I totally get that.  Except I don't feel I play this game well.  I don't really feel I contribute much to overall team play, directly. 



XCabs #17 Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2515 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    04-11-2014

 51% WR is well above the average player of WOT.. You seem like a solid reliable player to me. I don't know if you are female or one of those males looking for white knighting gamma support but lets say you are in fact female your WR would be equivalent to that of a 53% male  player.  See that as an insult if you must but the science proves males have faster reaction times to females in all sports including gaming. Of course there are exceptions, I'm talking averages.

 

Tony EU is somewhat correct in what he says. But when I say low tiers I mean Tiers 1-4 which imho actually encourage bad play styles and are truly horrible to play. A new player today I would 100% recommend they purchase a Tier 5 prem and start grinding from there. I would not recommend a brand new player start with a Prem tier 8 which of course can get in to Tier X. It would be prudent for any player to reach at least 4k matches before they ever see a Tier X game and at least half of that should be spent playing Tier 8 which I think is the best tier for general game play. 



BlueSnail #18 Posted 22 September 2019 - 12:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22240 battles
  • 615
  • [KBAD] KBAD
  • Member since:
    09-20-2014

1)  I have a lot of respect for the folks who admit that they are very average players.  I have a WN8 of about 990.  I have often wondered where I am in comparison to the overall population.  Looking at graphs, I guesstimate I at at the 55th percentile.  It would be nice if there was a simple program where I could get a reliable answer to this question.

2)  About once a week, I like to do a tier 1, 2, and 3 battle.  Using XVM, I am interested to see how many new players are present.  I actually hope to see as many tomatoes as possible.  :child:

3)  Also, even being experienced, I can't always carry when my team melts away.  And I have to avoid being over confident due to my experience.  Too often I have yolo'd to my death due to an exaggerated estimate of how much I can influence the battle.

4)  A lot of DINGERS are ex Clan Wars guys.  I am always humbled when I platoon with them.  I am always learning when I play with them.  So I consistently encourage new guys to join a clan so they can play with more experienced players.  Its one of the best tools for learning. 







Also tagged with noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users