Jump to content


If you ever play...


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Solstad1069 #1 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 43957 battles
  • 3,488
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

...encounter on Prokhorovka, dont waste your time on 1 line if the enemy is capping.
Here you see me resetting the cap 2 sec before the enemy cap and dying because of it.

The minimap should be as big as this, then you see whats going on around you.

What im trying to say, you dont play this map the same on normal mode vs encounter mode.
Know the difference.

 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   reset.PNG   3.31MB


MrMChalukov #2 Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:30 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 688 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    06-25-2019
+1 on this map, Bots still camping at 1,2 line. 
Because of that i disable encounter from settings :bajan:

Solstad1069 #3 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 43957 battles
  • 3,488
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
I happen to like Encounter mode because it adds som tactic and variation, but ofcourse many dont seem to understand that :P

woolfie #4 Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:59 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49398 battles
  • 413
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

View PostSolstad1069, on 13 August 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

I happen to like Encounter mode because it adds som tactic and variation, but ofcourse many dont seem to understand that :P

 

That will be the same players who think camping in Assault mode while on the attacking team is a viable tactic.



Gruff_ #5 Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20154 battles
  • 831
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
I used to also enjoy these modes for variety but now have them both turned off for exactly this reason, people play as in the same trance of a standard battle.

Bordhaw #6 Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:29 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14539 battles
  • 4,542
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostGruff_, on 13 August 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

I used to also enjoy these modes for variety but now have them both turned off for exactly this reason, people play as in the same trance of a standard battle.

 

Turned them off after my first week of playing WoT 



Exskelibur #7 Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11532 battles
  • 218
  • [TDE50] TDE50
  • Member since:
    07-21-2018

The 1-2 line is always a mistake in Prokhorovka. Push the 1-2 line and die. Don't push and be useless.

The battle is won on the hill.



MrMChalukov #8 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 688 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    06-25-2019

View PostExskelibur, on 13 August 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

The 1-2 line is always a mistake in Prokhorovka. Push the 1-2 line and die. Don't push and be useless.

The battle is won on the hill.

I cant agree, who can be patient enough on 1-2 win the match. ofcourse hill is important to prevent flanking :bush:



onderschepper #9 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 2168 battles
  • 698
  • [BOF] BOF
  • Member since:
    05-17-2019

View PostExskelibur, on 13 August 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

The 1-2 line is always a mistake in Prokhorovka. Push the 1-2 line and die. Don't push and be useless.

The battle is won on the hill.

View PostMrMChalukov, on 14 August 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

I cant agree, who can be patient enough on 1-2 win the match. ofcourse hill is important to prevent flanking :bush:

 

Both lines are of equal importance and if those pushing possess the divine power of situational awareness, then the movements can be made in symmetry with each flank capable of providing long range fire support to the other, for the most part.

 

I have a Replay in the relevant sub-forum of this in practice (though it is now outdated - note to WG: create a universal Replay Viewer).



JOSEBA_PRIME #10 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19277 battles
  • 418
  • [7SENS] 7SENS
  • Member since:
    01-22-2017

View PostSolstad1069, on 13 August 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

...encounter on Prokhorovka, dont waste your time on 1 line if the enemy is capping.
Here you see me resetting the cap 2 sec before the enemy cap and dying because of it.

The minimap should be as big as this, then you see whats going on around you.

What im trying to say, you dont play this map the same on normal mode vs encounter mode.
Know the difference.

 

 

 

Sometimes line 1 can be good. It depends On the situation.

 

 



Solstad1069 #11 Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:14 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 43957 battles
  • 3,488
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostJOSEBA_PRIME, on 14 August 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

Sometimes line 1 can be good. It depends On the situation.

 

 

 

Ofcourse, but not the situation described in the picture. Funny thing i did not get defender medal because after i died and added around 40 sec the IS3 behind me yoloed in to defend.
Both him and arty got defender medals and we did win in the end.



MrMChalukov #12 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 688 battles
  • 37
  • Member since:
    06-25-2019

View PostSolstad1069, on 15 August 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

 

Ofcourse, but not the situation described in the picture. Funny thing i did not get defender medal because after i died and added around 40 sec the IS3 behind me yoloed in to defend.
Both him and arty got defender medals and we did win in the end.

he dont see  encounter  mode too :D



Exskelibur #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11532 battles
  • 218
  • [TDE50] TDE50
  • Member since:
    07-21-2018

View PostMrMChalukov, on 14 August 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

I cant agree, who can be patient enough on 1-2 win the match. ofcourse hill is important to prevent flanking :bush:

 

So you don't agree? That's ok.

Describe "be patient". Do you mean don't push? But that's what I said.

And what if the other side doesn't push the 1-2 line either? Then all the tanks on the 1-2 line are just sitting there. You could argue they're useless.

So you don't agree, but then you describe my position in your own words.



Homer_J #14 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • 34,981
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostSolstad1069, on 13 August 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

...encounter

 

 


I don't thanks.



SuedKAT #15 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:26 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,989
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

...encounter on Proko you say, after this amazing win I turned that off forever:


Edited by SuedKAT, 17 August 2019 - 02:26 AM.


Gremlin182 #16 Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 56271 battles
  • 9,325
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

I like that map standard and encounter if anything it would be Karelia that made me turn off encounter.

Mines is a little unbalanced but fixable Karalia just does not work



kaneloon #17 Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 30606 battles
  • 3,349
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

The only problem I have with encounter is that you still can get the map you banned (himmelsdorf for me).

Other than that I pretty much like encounters.

 

About map awareness and the OP : they just had faith in you !






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users