Jump to content


Manipulative news


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

jaxx77 #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2799 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    02-10-2017
*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN, 14 August 2019 - 03:24 PM.
This message has been edited by the moderation team due to its nonconstructive nature.


r00barb #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,096
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postjaxx77, on 14 August 2019 - 10:03 AM, said:

The news in launcher are suggestive and insulting our intelligence. People already are laughing at you because of new Brits, where you say they are great while everybody says they are trash. Get real and stop telling us black is white, or you will be nothing but laughing case in social media.

 

I feel more stupid after reading this thread. :amazed:



The_Naa #3 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7439 battles
  • 1,198
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postjaxx77, on 14 August 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

People already are laughing at you because of new Brits, where you say they are great while everybody says they are trash.

 

do they have to be good? honestly.

We got Wheeled tanks few updates ago and according to the record there were talk that they were & are over powered. and players were mad, ''WG is killing the game by adding OP tanks''

now we have British lights that dont break any land records and its bad… because?



Ganjalf94 #4 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 7582 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    06-23-2012

View PostThe_Naa, on 14 August 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

 

do they have to be good?

I don't think this is the point.

I think the point is that WG states officialy, on their public webpage, things about the british lights that are objectively not true. (Good alpha when they have the lowest of the class, good camo when it's horrible etc.) 

They are free to make bad tanks IMO, but call them what they are, don't blatantly pretend they are good when they are not.



r00barb #5 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,096
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostGanjalf94, on 14 August 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

I don't think this is the point.

I think the point is that WG states officialy, on their public webpage, things about the british lights that are objectively not true. (Good alpha when they have the lowest of the class, good camo when it's horrible etc.) 

They are free to make bad tanks IMO, but call them what they are, don't blatantly pretend they are good when they are not.

 

It's advertising. If you can't read something and then check it against the information available to you and form your own opinion, you probably shouldn't be online without adult supervision.



spidre #6 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32899 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013
What we need is a decent British premium light to train up the crews in these new lights and there isn't one, which is why I play mainly German and Russian light tanks. 

The_Naa #7 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:52 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7439 battles
  • 1,198
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

View Postr00barb, on 14 August 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

 

It's advertising. If you can't read something and then check it against the information available to you and form your own opinion, you probably shouldn't be online without adult supervision.


This ^

 

if you go to the Premium shop and go have a look at 59-Patton you will find this block of text:

Expand your tank collection with this Chinese hybrid tank and its incredible gun depression, together with a great turret and armour for its tier! Get it now and roll out on the battlefield!

 

i dont know why they say its a ''Great Turret'' its good tank in its own right but the turret is not ''Great'' if you compare others.



Xandania #8 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41674 battles
  • 1,549
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View Postspidre, on 14 August 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

What we need is a decent British premium light to train up the crews in these new lights and there isn't one, which is why I play mainly German and Russian light tanks. 

 

I'd say that tier 2 british light premium tank we got some time ago works well - at least is has average survivability at its tier and pref mm  xD



barison1 #9 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42794 battles
  • 1,822
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

wg advertises any prem way better than it really is

 

" The ELC EVEN 90, however, knows how to defend itself very well - thanks to its autoloader"

while the autoloader has 3 year aimtime, utter high blooms, mediocre pen and utterly low dpm(high clip rld)

 

"With a strong shell and a large HP pool, the AT 15A is a tough tank destroyer" 

1050hp, which is 200 below at7 which did get a hp buff unlike at15a, 17pdr which has pretty mediocre dpm and doesnt hit hard even remotely

 

and there is an awful lot more of this



spidre #10 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32899 battles
  • 385
  • Member since:
    10-16-2013

View PostXandania, on 14 August 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

 

I'd say that tier 2 british light premium tank we got some time ago works well - at least is has average survivability at its tier and pref mm  xD


Was thinking that tier 5 or 6 LT with 4 crew would be a good option. So much choice in other nations, I have 7 Russian and 3 German premium lights and they are all good.



Frostilicus #11 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 23551 battles
  • 3,415
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
OP merely can't get a big enough pinch of the salt you have to take WG's advertising with... :)

Edited by Frostilicus, 14 August 2019 - 01:43 PM.


malachi6 #12 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 50920 battles
  • 4,147
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Marketeers use language to promote their products?  When did that happen? Do you honestly think your detergent washes a whiter white when they changed the packaging?

SaintMaddenus #13 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 37447 battles
  • 2,373
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011
Shh don't say anything.   I'm currently using the excuse that men get better with age, that we are like fine wines and mature.... Like Hell we do..  Hence me playing WOT :)

VyNKaSMyN #14 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 286 battles
  • 162
  • Member since:
    09-10-2018
Thread has been closed. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users