Skoda T 27: the great tank contest

26 replies to this topic

Falathi #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19586 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello commanders, 

I see it`s been a while since we`ve made a contest here so it`s time to change it a bit with a small contest regarding the Skoda T 27!

The idea of the contest is to show that you participate in the Czech Holidays and write a sort of ad for the tank, showing why it`s great. I said great? More like terrific! Best and even bestest tank ever! The point is, you need to advertise it in an amusing way, like a second hand car dealer style commercial. It can be goofy, strange, not very serious, odd - it`s up to you, just remember not to break forum rules. A hint: stuff like Saul Goodman`s ad style is a good example, just remember it has to be in a written form. 

Why would you participate? Well, it`s easy: the best entry will get you an actual Skoda T 27! It does not happen often that if you advertise a tank well enough, you can actually get it! Also, one more Skoda will be issued randomly to one of the participants so there`s good reason to join and take part in the contest. 

Rules: 

• The contest starts at the moment of publication and ends on Friday 16th at 14:00 CET. The winners will be announced on Friday, before end of the day. 
  • The participants enter the contest by publishing a post as a reply in this thread. 
  • The entry in the contest must contain a screen showing the player`s progress in the Czech Holiday and the advertisement 
  • The advertisement should be in written form and must follow forum rules.
  • The advertisement should advertise Skoda T 27 and the more funny it is, the better.  
  • One entry per player. 

Rewards: 
The author of the funniest, best advertisement/commercial text will receive Skoda T 27. Also, one more Skoda T 27 will be issued randomly between the contestants who made valid entries. 

Below you can find an example of the screen showing your progress in the Czech Holidays: 

Spoiler

Good luck commanders! This Skoda will not get itself and I do not want it to ride away without you!

PS In case of questions, or any clarification please feel free to poke me, ideally before posting your entry :) 
Again, good luck!

Forzo #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13806 battles
  • [KEMI] KEMI
Buying a new tank?
Don't get a regular American or Soviet one.
Do as the Germans and get a Skoda!
The new T27 is the best Skoda ever, with it's shiny new autoloading gun you will quickly annihilate all opposition!
Resistance is futile! Get your T27 today!
PS. Free case of genuine Czech beer with every purchase!

Spoiler (Image of Czech Holiday progress)

AzoreanOutkast #3 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10741 battles

Looking for a tank?

Dont know what to get?

All your friends told you not to get the T27?

Well partner, good for you, cause your in luck!!!

We got a brand new T-27 just for you!

Dont mind those folks! They dont know what they are talking about!

You get it and all will line up for you to shoot them to pieces cause they think you sux... But!

But, and ill let you in on a little secret, this tank actually works, its actually good!

Youll have the last laugh i can garanteeeee it!

Dont believe me?!

Well think about it, u get it, u do our ingame marathon with easy to complete missions, and you get a zero perk crew with BIA already!

U get lots of goodies to equip it, you get stuff to improve the skills of those gorgeous check girls, and you can ride in style with a one of a kind 3d model, with neat stuff, and when the battle is done you can always hope on some other stuff... If you know what i mean... :)

So what are you waiting for partner?!

Come on and get some! Yahhhh!!!!!

JOSEBA_PRIME #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19140 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

Do you want a good tank to make lots of credits?

Are you tired about single shot guns and you want to test a tank with an autoloader gun?

No, Chi-Ri is not an option.

I am thinking on a Czechoslovakian tier 8.

How do you dare to think on TVP VTU? The tank on which I am thinking is a diamond, not a 1450 hp piñata.

WELL... I am glad to show you, the premium among the premiums, the punisher, the beast, the matchless, Jan Zizka´s legacy. Here you have the amazing SKODA T27:izmena:

But, but progetto...

Progettos are not a big deal for skoda. Can progettos make 720 hp dmg on 3.6 seconds? No, they can´t!

Now you have 2 options. Yes, I am talking to you. Who do you want to be? The person who is punishing enemies for 720 dmg?. Or the person who is going to get permatracked on the field?

So you want to be the first person... Good to hear that from you. 

So now, open this link: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/t-27-offers/

Choose standard , ultimate or supreme package and enjoy yourself!

Did I forgot to mention SKODA T27 is a very sexy tank? What are you waiting for?  these bright medium tank will not be availaible forever. :medal:

Progress in the Czech Holidays

Marten85 #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26456 battles
  • [4SALE] 4SALE

Do you want firepower?

We got you firepower!

Do you want mobility?

We got you mobility!

Do you want armor?

We got you FIREPOWER!

Presenting just here, just now, this slick, stylish, and sexy beast of a tank: The Skoda T27!

Why is it so special? I am glad you asked! It has not one, not two, but THREE shells in the gun, just waiting to be unleashed! Oh yes, you read it correctly: THREE! That is, my friend, three times as many as the average! And that is something what only a real expert like you can appreciate. Oh yes, champ, I see it in your eyes, I see a true warrior. You just need this tank to realize your true potential.

Who needs armor when nobody is left after you went pew-pew-pew? Nobody will dare to come even close to you, I guarantee that.

And if this is not enough, just look at the other features:

- Four seats with built-in massage function*

- Automatic gearbox

- Two tracks (one at each side)

- Subtle, but elegant brown paint

- FREE BEER mug holder**

- MORE FIREPOWER

And if you do not beleive me, believe our expert feedback:

"It was love at first sight. I could not see any flaws. I am looking forward to have more possiblity to use this beautiful piece of machinery." Jan Zizka

SO COME, TREAT YOURSELF, AND GET ONE!!!

* on a rough enough terrain

** beer not included

Progress:

Unicorn_of_Steel #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13489 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Guys, please stop....almost choked on a drink and wet my pants because rofl...:teethhappy:

cro001 #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32599 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

"TVP VTU, but better. Škoda, simply clever." - Jan Žižka, circa 1400.

Progress:

Spoiler

Dexatroph #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47787 battles

All tankers seek fighting power, but of the 150 million only one tank driver seems to have truly found it. The proud owner of a Škoda T27.:child:

We made the new czech tank look tougher this year because it's tougher this year. :playing:

Beneath its impressive hull lies the cumulative power of a 900 hp engine, a terrifying gun that unloads 3 shells in less time than it takes to blink and a box full of delicious buchty.

Get your own Škoda T27 now and receive additionally the special edition that includes a tarp, a spade, a axe, a bunch of firewood, some cornucopias and a backpack.

And between you and me - you will find some female crewmembers :girl: for a ride in this beauty for sure. But hurry up!

It's a great deal. You do not believe me? Trust in our slogan - Pravda vítězí.

Progress in the Czech Holiday

Spoiler

Edited by Dexatroph, 16 August 2019 - 12:55 PM.

Phenix87 #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22118 battles

Tired of long queque in highway?

Tired of infinite search for parking?

No more!

Directly from the prestigious “Skoda” brand, our new shiny jewel:

Skoda T27

With 60mm of bullet proof armor, a top speed of 50km/h and a solid 8.8cm gun with not 1, not 2, but 3 bullet per round, you’ll be the kind of the road!*

Just drive on top of that puny person with their small car, no-one will ever question you again in case of car/tank-accident, and for parking issue, you have 40t of solid steel to work any small space.**

* Real performance subjected to personal skills. No top-gun guaranteed.

** Tank not designed for city engagement. No refund for improper use.

Spoiler Progression in Czech Holiday

kaneloon #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30566 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

The Skoda T-27 needs YOU !

Now it's just a concept, an idea in the realm of possibilities.

But when you'll proudly belong to the "Adopt a T-27" club, the magic will appear with the T-27 in your garage !

It will bring you joy, satisfaction, suspense, tense battles !

Defeats and victories - it's still Adventures !

Spoiler

THANKS !!!

Edited by kaneloon, 16 August 2019 - 01:19 PM.

MrMChalukov #11 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 644 battles
  • [-KEL-] -KEL-

Marten85     

Falathi #12 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19586 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hello! 

It is time to name the winner and after checking all entries I`ve decided that the winner is: 
Phenix87

Congratulations!
Also, as promised a random winner has been picked: 
kaneloon

Congratulations!
You don`t need to do anything more - I`ll see to it that you get your Skodas. 

Big thanks to everyone for participating and big thanks for all the text! I have to say, they were quite amusing, as expected :) 

r00barb #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

Do YOU enjoy playing Czech auto-loaders?

Do YOU enjoy playing mid-tier battles?

Do YOU enjoy playing the Škoda T 25 but wish you could go one better?

Well, forget about that. We don't want you to go one better. We want you to go TWO BETTER!

Introducing the Škoda T 27 auto-loading tier 8 premium medium tank! It's mobile, it's punchy, it's the perfect introduction to high tier Czech medium tanks!

Sure, there are other auto-loaders, like the Italian upstart Progetto 46. But what's the point of an auto-reloading tank when you don't know how long it'll take to get your next shell ready? If you're in the thick of the action ... is it seven seconds? Nine seconds? Twelve seconds? If I fire twice, can I afford to fire again but then how long would I need to wait until ... OH NO! The enemy has wrecked me!

But the Škoda T 27 drives straight through this confusion like it powers down the enemy flank! Enemy spotted! Target acquired, aiming ... FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! The enemy is reeling, he doesn't know which way to turn but the Škoda T 27 has already slipped away to reload, safe behind hard cover, slipping into unspotted obscurity.

The enemy is lost, broken, his morale devastated by the knowledge that it will only take a few short seconds for the Škoda T 27 to return and it all happens again! Which bush conceals the assassin? Which ridge will he appear behind? What if the Škoda T 27 uses his mobility to flex across the map? Too late! The Škoda T 27's accurate 88mm cannon suddenly barks thrice more and the fight is won!

The Škoda T 27 - don't settle for going one better when you could go TWO!

Progress pic ...

Edit: blast, seems that Google's CET conversion is incorrect. :(

Edited by r00barb, 16 August 2019 - 01:16 PM.

Falathi #14 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:37 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19586 battles
  • [WG] WG

@r00barb

I`m sorry that it`s too late :( 

Dexatroph #15 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47787 battles

View Postr00barb, on 16 August 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

Edit: blast, seems that Google's CET conversion is incorrect. :(

Google isn't incorrect. 

CET is UTC+1

CEST is UTC+2

Based on the given time zone in the start post  you would have additional 17 minutes.

EDIT: Based on Falathis comment it seems he mixed up the time zones. Maybe a side effect by playing the Skoda? ^^

Edited by Dexatroph, 16 August 2019 - 01:46 PM.

r00barb #16 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostFalathi, on 16 August 2019 - 12:37 PM, said:

@r00barb

I`m sorry that it`s too late :( 

Well, ok then. I'll grudgingly accept the consolation prize of a T95/FV4201 Chieftain, I don't mind. 

View PostDexatroph, on 16 August 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

EDIT: Based on Falathis comment it seems he mixed up the time zones. Maybe a side effect by playing the Skoda? ^^

I suspect he used whatever local time zone he's based in, thinking it was CET but not accounting for summer time changes. This isn't the first time this confusion has occurred with WG's time-keeping, seems the only safe thing to do is get your entries in a few hours before a stated deadline otherwise you're risking your luck.

Falathi #17 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:57 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19586 battles
  • [WG] WG

I used CET as this is the time most widely used for European server, although I admit I could have been more clear on the subject when announcing the contest. 

r00barb #18 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostFalathi, on 16 August 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

I used CET as this is the time most widely used for European server, although I admit I could have been more clear on the subject when announcing the contest. 

If that's the case then you called the result an hour early.

Phenix87 #19 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22118 battles

View PostFalathi, on 16 August 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Hello! 

It is time to name the winner and after checking all entries I`ve decided that the winner is: 
Phenix87

Congratulations!
Also, as promised a random winner has been picked: 
kaneloon

Congratulations!
You don`t need to do anything more - I`ll see to it that you get your Skodas. 

Big thanks to everyone for participating and big thanks for all the text! I have to say, they were quite amusing, as expected :) 

Wow, awsome!!
Thanks man!

When I'll be able to bring my new T27 around for a test drive? :D

kaneloon #20 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30566 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

Yeah, thanks a lot !

View PostPhenix87, on 16 August 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

Wow, awsome!!
Thanks man!

When I'll be able to bring my new T27 around for a test drive? :D

Be careful to not rush through the missions now ;)

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users