All You Need to Know About gamescom 2019

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

WwonkaDK2 #21 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2060 battles

Many things has changed in this otherwise great and fun game over the last few years for sure, and some things for the better, but together with a bunch of crapware and bad judgmentcalls about userwishes in the bag at the downside, makes it only a VW (and others) car with misleading software installed at best, thinking you get a good deal, but in reality, you only get half or less of what you think you  get.

The first 3 or 4 years was better gamewise, offerwise and informationwise, but now the money has been earned, to be the big company, and now the B.S. crap start to expand and make it bigger on the expense on the users that are less needed now than before,

Sad to say :- (((((((  

WwonkaDK2 #22 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2060 battles

I am happy enough at the moment, still enjoying the game enough to stay, but that dont mean i feel blissed :-)

My personal whishlist to the non-listeners are:

1 Rebalancing of the wheeled plauge, They are so crazy, that the game has lost a lot of appeal

2.:more good old weekend specials like in the good old days, only spiced and mixed with som of the newer, developed game offers, the current specials are too meager and too one-sided to generally keep the level of excitement  with many players in my eyes.

3.. Too many  users use gold ammo like candy, making the game too much a fast arcade game, so old guys like me, loose interest in the long run.

4. colorblind mods and mode!!!!!!!!, need it to be better and more options for customization. I am myself quite colorblind ind the red/green/brown areas, and farsighted at that too :-(, so i am relying heavily on oll the stronger colored options to play this game. but there is not much offred out there, to light my world :-( 

in the hope of not being heard :-))))))

Edited by WwonkaDK2, 14 August 2019 - 11:19 PM.

S35_Wild_Lynx #23 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2382 battles
  • [_525_] _525_
all i need is mug of coffee, toilet paper and 1 cigarette , because such poor gifts shows like someone was on hangover , for deciding such giveaway, fun is missing

Edited by S35_Wild_Lynx, 15 August 2019 - 05:56 AM.

Simona2k #24 Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2589 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
Nice

FLATOUT_2 #25 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23696 battles
  • [T-ITA] T-ITA
At least Sabaton will be there!

Pagon1s #26 Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33103 battles
  • [CRBER] CRBER

View Postparim1331, on 14 August 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Are you guys ready for Gamescom? Who are we going to meet at our booth? :izmena:

I will come to ask for gold and free codes :teethhappy:

Sd_Kfz_186 #27 Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24122 battles
  • [EFE] EFE

Just so you know the kind of Tanks WG will be giving you for staying with them all day long and writing down multiple codes...

Copied straight from the official WoT Wiki:

Pz 43 M. Toldi III

Pros:

Reasonably mobile with good hull traverse and power to weight ratio

• Decent radio range
  • Decent sloped glacis armor, can bounce some autocannons if properly angled
  • Oh boy, if that is all the PROS, you know its gonna get bad now...
  •  

Cons:
  • View range is severely lacking, 270 meters is just not enough
  • Very bad gun. Low accuracy and bad dispersion penalty; everything else is on the lower side.
  • Has the lowest DPM in the game, 3rd lowest if you equip the strv fm/21 and the 4TP, it's closest competitors

with stock guns

• In addition, reload time is ridiculously long at 4 seconds, even a few Tier 2 vehicles might outtrade you
  • Recommended not to snipe due to BAD dispersion and shell velocity
  •  

Performance

• Soft armor leads to frequent module damage
  • Outclassed in almost every aspect by the Pz.Kpfw. T 15Strv m/40L and the Stuarts, totally depriving its gameplay or credit farming/crew training values. Avoid purchasing it unless solely for collection purpose.

Wow, just wow. Such a painfully bad tank shouldn't even exist in the game. Yet they are giving it to you as a "reward". Feeling appreciated?

The other one, the Pz.Kpfw. III Ausf. K, is also more bad than mediocre at best.

•  
  •  

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 15 August 2019 - 05:22 PM.
Red font

Weak_man #28 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7458 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

Can wg explain why 24 (30-6) people need to get mad in a game that suppose to be fun because of 6 people that play the easy class in the game with one hand while watching tv ?

Arta players are the majority that pay for your bills ? 

1 arty/ team should be enough

Somebody said that if wg will sell an premium account that will cost 1 or 2 euro more with option to block arty, wg would make millions of euro from this.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Edited by Weak_man, 15 August 2019 - 07:22 PM.

TankkiPoju #29 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23278 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

!type59

!type59

!codes

!type59

!codes

Give codes

when rafflle

lootpox

Sorry, pay no attention. I am just practising for the event.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 16 August 2019 - 09:54 AM.

Falathi #30 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:40 PM

Field Marshal

• WG Staff
  • 19746 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostWwonkaDK2, on 14 August 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

If you follow topics around in WOT forums, you will see that questions answered by staff and moderators in general are vague, soft and uninteresting answers to uninteresting questions. 

So asking for something of real interest for the majority of players who spend time here is a whish, they wont grant you. 

You need to remember that WOT is a company based in Whiterussia (Belarus), and as such they have learned their employees not to give specific or detailed information to the users. as it can cost the job a bonus or cost the company money.

This mindset is dictated by old soviet doctrine to keep the masses in ignorance. and is still normal culture and practised today throughout the old Soviet states, (the leaders was born with this mindset, and would rather die than change it 

This behavior is now spreading like wildfire in the rest of the business world, (Facebook, Amazon, Google, Apple, Huawei, you name it.....)

You will be kept at the level of knowledge and happiness they choose, thats the order of today because you are too afraid to act. do i need to mention what is inevitable  going to happen tankswise in Hongkong in the near future?, that is a modernised relic of Soviet doctrine; keep the masses uninformed, oppressed and only the needed level of happiness, to keep all under control.

And there is only  one thing you can do as a user or citizen,, tif you want change, stop to do what they want you to do, and go way, or accept how its done.

The lesson here, you ask ???? they say they listen, but they dont, they listen only their wallet, and when it empty or loosing, they start listen, not before, you see it happen every day, every where.

Act or be quiet and accept :-))))))

Actually, we do listen carefully and compare what we listen to the data we have to get a good picture of what`s going on. 

View PostWeak_man, on 15 August 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Can wg explain why 24 (30-6) people need to get mad in a game that suppose to be fun because of 6 people that play the easy class in the game with one hand while watching tv ?

Arta players are the majority that pay for your bills ? 

1 arty/ team should be enough

Somebody said that if wg will sell an premium account that will cost 1 or 2 euro more with option to block arty, wg would make millions of euro from this.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Frankly, it has a lot to do with psychology. People in general should rather relax themselves and this should be the main reason why they play. 

View PostTankkiPoju, on 16 August 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

!type59

!type59

!codes

!type59

!codes

Give codes

when rafflle

lootpox

Sorry, pay no attention. I am just practising for the event.

Good enough! See you at the booth!

WwonkaDK2 #31 Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2060 battles

again WG, point proven!!!, questions, no answers to the questions people actually want to be answered, and only vague answers to the serious questions again and again and again, i actually made a small wishlist that for some of the players are quite important, people who are colorblind - NO ANSWER to this kind of question or request, which might be important for more people than you think, but you dont even bother to investigate or  give an answer that is usable to us.

As you mayunderstand in my posts, there is a small hint of sighs and tiredness here, and again you just give a "nothing" answer, to avoid any kind of real dialouge, and tell us which critisism you actually listen to, and what changes you find interesting.

Its actually hard to try and be serious, and try to suggest something and get a fluffy marsmellow answer back, 

But i guess that is a quality WG is looking for in its community Managers.

keep calm, and repeat that you take us serious, and make sure not to give feedback that can be misunderstood as actual interest in the subject

Mr_Deo #32 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43874 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostPagon1s, on 15 August 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

I will come to ask for gold and free codes :teethhappy:

A few years ago there was a ebay  guy who sold codes that they gave out at these events (Oddly enough, People at the events couldn't get the codes) and he would have hundreds of good codes to buy.

Not sure who that person was...

Does anyone know how long each code is good for or how many redeems it can be used for.  I know that the ones today quit working after 2-3 hours.  Much like other codes, somehow people knew what they were before they were released in the streams. 

Kinda funny how stream codes are used up before the stream starts.

alip_82 #33 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 783 battles

View PostCommunity, on 14 August 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Join us at gamescom and enjoy dozens of great offline and online activities!
The full text of the news item

United_Stealth #34 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27345 battles
  • [_TSM_] _TSM_
Anyone went to the bootcamp at gamescom? Was it worth the wait? What kind of bonuscode do you get? 

feies_vlad #35 Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12892 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
If someone from WG can tell us if we activate all 50 codes from gamescom (I already activated 40 and got the PZ3K), do we get anything from that aswell? Thanks :)

Gruff_ #36 Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20623 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The good thing about gamescom is that there will be plenty of other games and software developers to interact with. 

Some of those could pass on tips on how to better balance multiplayer games, ideas on map designs that aren't inherantly flawed and thoughts on how to treat customers with more respect listening to their feedback as they are the ones that play the game and interact with the player base daily, rather than pummel them with marketing bs and cash grab offers whilst leaving too many base issues broken.

SlyMeerkat #37 Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18406 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Great stuff

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users