Skoda Missions

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

SirTogII #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50002 battles
  • [REQT] REQT
Let me get this straight. If you happen to do the missions in other tanks before you complete them in your Skoda you can’t complete the Skoda missions for the additional rewards?!? So today I lose the 100k crew book?!? Just because I played randoms while my Skoda was locked in battle?!? In that case you can take your missions and your tank and shove them. As a matter of principle I’ll create a ticket cause this is beyond retarded, on par with the British lights. 

NewForces2142 #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14619 battles
  • [TDARO] TDARO
Yes. This must be the worst thing they could come up with. WG....what can you expect from marketing monkeys?

Jumping_Turtle #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67912 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
Yes, we have been talking about this in the announcement section of the forum pretty much from day one.

But still no response at all from Wargaming about this total fail.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71510 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

As every dual stage marathon done the same way has worked like this. As the stages are daily. Not open as you go. The other will remain locked once done not to reward you double.

Tho, if you bought the tank during the event, no prior to it. It should work differently indeed.

Gruff_ #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20029 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

As the nights draw in, so the the smell of vodka comes wafting down the corridor of the WG mission design office...

Whatever happened to poor old Dimitri the man responsible for unleashing equipment and consumables discounts, he's not been heard from for months now...

TheDrownedApe #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48667 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

and another "overlooked" error by WG :facepalm:

GG peeps

Ectar #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1718 battles

It's a fair 'freemium' model: You pay to get things. How can this even be an issue?

Maybe it's time to stop looking only for the negative side of things. :rolleyes:

Peace.

Edited by Ectar, 15 August 2019 - 07:57 PM.

SirTogII #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50002 battles
  • [REQT] REQT
I’ve received a reply from WG and unsurprisingly it’s not very helpful. Out of principle I will use my PayPal option to get a refund. This in turn will result in a locked account which I will then use to demand a full refund for every penny I’ve spent over the years.
I will keep you posted, most likely through a Reddit post since my account here is likely to be banned.
There is a limit as to how much crap I’m willing to take as somebody who has spent £1000’s. If they’re not willing to be reasonable I’m happy out of principle to try them out in court.

SirTogII #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50002 battles
  • [REQT] REQT
Well the ball is in WG's court now. I've started a PayPal dispute so it will be interesting to see whether they are going to "lock" my account as the good support person Jorge said. I cannot wait to see what bs response they're gonna come back with now but one thing is for damn sure, they've made a big mistake thinking I'd simply bend over and apply the Vaseline this time. Nuff is enough. 

GrannyPanties #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 526 battles

View PostSirTogII, on 16 August 2019 - 08:34 PM, said:

Well the ball is in WG's court now. I've started a PayPal dispute so it will be interesting to see whether they are going to "lock" my account as the good support person Jorge said. I cannot wait to see what bs response they're gonna come back with now but one thing is for damn sure, they've made a big mistake thinking I'd simply bend over and apply the Vaseline this time. Nuff is enough. 

And this push you over the edge? Ouch

OmniWalou #11 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostGrannyPanties, on 16 August 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

And this push you over the edge? Ouch

Highly doubt it. Most likely OP has spent too much time in anti-WG echo chambers, he started regretting how much he had spent on the game and realised he could demand the money back and has done that, and used this as an excuse. I wonder what reasoning for a charge back he is going to give to PayPal as I can't see any valid reasoning. OP bought a premium pixel tank. He then couldn't understand the concept of the word ''or'' in the missions and now demands money back for the premium tank. On top of it all, if there is a charge back and WG rightfully locks OP's account, he admits that he is going to use that account locking as a reason to demand all of his money back... I hope he doesn't get any penny back.

arjun69 #12 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 102843 battles
  • [ARJ] ARJ

"somebody who has spent £1000’s"

hahahahahahahahahaha

Negativvv #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12187 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Ouch, I assumed WG would gift you whatever the T27 would have made if you bought it at any point during the campaign...

How wrong I was and good thing I did not open my wallet as I'd be bored of playing one tank.

SirTogII #14 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50002 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostOmniWalou, on 16 August 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

Highly doubt it. Most likely OP has spent too much time in anti-WG echo chambers, he started regretting how much he had spent on the game and realised he could demand the money back and has done that, and used this as an excuse. I wonder what reasoning for a charge back he is going to give to PayPal as I can't see any valid reasoning. OP bought a premium pixel tank. He then couldn't understand the concept of the word ''or'' in the missions and now demands money back for the premium tank. On top of it all, if there is a charge back and WG rightfully locks OP's account, he admits that he is going to use that account locking as a reason to demand all of his money back... I hope he doesn't get any penny back.

Thank you for your kind guesses but since you don’t know me they’re not very accurate. You also seem to lack knowledge about consumer law. 

My argument is simple with regards to the Skoda but regardless of that, a dispute over one piece of digital goods can never be a reason for blocking you from using other already purchased goods. Definitely not in a Consumer relationship. 

No im not looking for a way out, I like my tanks, but I’m sick and tired of being treated like an idiot. The mission setup in this case is clearly poorly designed. Even you as a WG shill must agree. I’ve given them every chance to rectify but they won’t because they don’t care. But they do care about money, hence this action, to see where it leads. 

06:42 Added after 2 minute

View Postarjun69, on 16 August 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

"somebody who has spent £1000’s"

hahahahahahahahahaha

Oh I have... I’ve even kept the receipts :-S. But actually over 7 years it’s not a big deal. 

OmniWalou #15 Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostSirTogII, on 17 August 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Thank you for your kind guesses but since you don’t know me they’re not very accurate. You also seem to lack knowledge about consumer law.

So I still see that you don't understand what the word ''or'' means in the missions tab. You have no valid reason to demand your money back from the Skoda T27. Not able to read or comprehend what you read is not a valid reason.

SirTogII #16 Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50002 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

View PostOmniWalou, on 17 August 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

So I still see that you don't understand what the word ''or'' means in the missions tab. You have no valid reason to demand your money back from the Skoda T27. Not able to read or comprehend what you read is not a valid reason.

I understand that is your opinion and interpretation. Time will tell if that’s going to be the objective view. If you study law at some point when you grow up youll

find that reality is never black and white. Did they make it clear enough that you could not improve the result? Remember the burden of proof and clarity in consumer relationships is always put on the company. Anything that can be misinterpreted will go in favour of the consumer. The fact that you believe they can legally block access to previously purchased goods due to a dispute about a separate item shows naivety beyond reason. 

There are no guarantees in life but I’d be surprised if WG really want to push this to a legal instance when they risk to have the user agreement scrutinised by a court. 

OmniWalou #17 Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostSirTogII, on 17 August 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

I understand that is your opinion and interpretation. Time will tell if that’s going to be the objective view. If you study law at some point when you grow up youll

find that reality is never black and white. Did they make it clear enough that you could not improve the result? Remember the burden of proof and clarity in consumer relationships is always put on the company. Anything that can be misinterpreted will go in favour of the consumer. The fact that you believe they can legally block access to previously purchased goods due to a dispute about a separate item shows naivety beyond reason. 

There are no guarantees in life but I’d be surprised if WG really want to push this to a legal instance when they risk to have the user agreement scrutinised by a court. 

What made you think that you should be able to improve on the missions or was it simply your own personal unrealistic expectation?

Gremlin182 #18 Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 56147 battles

Why would anyone take the risk its not hard to check progress on the missions.

I did a test really early on when the bonus T27 reward was something unimportant, played one game in the T27 made progress, then played one game in the STA1 and made progress.

Checked and saw I had 1 in each section.

So today's mission was kill 15 tanks I may well play a different tank while the T27 is in battle but no way would I risk it when I have only a few kills to go and chance losing a crew member.

Rather read make coffee watch TV till the game is over.

OmniWalou #19 Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostSirTogII, on 17 August 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

From 2:40 onward it states that rewards are credited only for a single completion of the missions. You can purchase the T27 at any point and complete the remaining missions while receiving the more generous rewards.

2:55 ''But remember, you won't be able to complete the same stage twice''

So now you can explain with your mighty law degree, where you got the idea that you can improve the missions later? Video states clearly that you are not able to improve them later, so are you going to lie to PayPal in your charge back request? Or how are you going to justify demanding your money back.

war4peace #20 Posted Yesterday, 01:23 AM

Colonel

• Translator
  • 29428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGremlin182, on 17 August 2019 - 11:03 PM, said:

Why would anyone take the risk its not hard to check progress on the missions.

There are two issues as a matter of fact.

1. The missions are unlocked at a certain point in time, if you start earlier than mission unlock, you will have to check after each battle to see if mission became available.

2. If your T 27 is destroyed, you will have to wait until it is available again. Playing other tanks increases progress on the other mission half, risking it to be completed against your desire.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

PiFouX, LookAtMe