DezGamez British Light Tanks

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33711 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

This comparison is quite shocking. It's as if they were all placed an entire tier higher than they should be. Literally every single one of them needs a buff.

The_Naa #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7439 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 14 August 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

This comparison is quite shocking. It's as if they were all placed an entire tier higher than they should be. Literally every single one of them needs a buff.

I want to know your opinion on how much they should be buffed? A little bit (little bit more alpha, DPM, health, speed or camo? ) , so that they are on par with the other light tanks, in every aspect or that they are way better that other lights would need to be buffed?

I am not interested in British light tanks atm.

So for me its irrelevant. If id have to choose how ever...

Buff alpha and penetration to whole new level, at least then they would have a New market as a litteral branch of glass cannons.

I have to admit, I would seriously consider grinding them if that would happen. 

Edited by The_Naa, 14 August 2019 - 11:59 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:11 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33711 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostThe_Naa, on 15 August 2019 - 12:58 AM, said:

I want to know your opinion on how much they should be buffed? A little bit (little bit more alpha, DPM, health, speed or camo? ) , so that they are on par with the other light tanks, in every aspect or that they are way better that other lights would need to be buffed?

Better gun handling on the move or just in general, better hull traverse rate (probably has to do with ground resistance - it needs to be decreased), better reload speed, and more ammo for the Manticore.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71585 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

No need to bring this to WG's attention. I'm sure they know it well enough based on all the CC rants so far.

Tho I suspect it will make no difference. As in lead to major buffs. At least not on the tier 7. As the SP1C is....almost as bad. Same bad mobility, accuracy on the move and almost as bad DPM. But higher alpha. He has not been buffed for years considering how long people have complained about it. So I'm not expecting much for the Setter either besides maybe a minor ammo load buff.

7thSyndicate #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46886 battles

Community contributors/Streamers said that even before the update was released so im sure WG is well aware

Gruff_ #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The false advertising they are using to promote these tanks is scandalous.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26534 battles
All light tanks are weak for their respective tiers, because Steve didn't like getting killed by invisible OP lights in his IS 7. So WG listened to their playerbase and made everything that's not a superheavy completely useless. Lights need imidiate buffs to dpm, gun handling and view range.

Element6 #8 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31256 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Do they all need a buff, or do they simply need to be played differently than what people expected? I mean, we have terms in this game like "heavium", ELC and 416 doing well as mobile TDs even though none of them belong to this class, etc. And give me a break, what Manticore is going to sit still in the open when there is an EBR 105 in the enemy team? Comparing the T8 to the arguably best T8 LT in the game?

This video from Dez reminds me of the time Circon lauged so hard his face almost went out of the picture frame while proclaiming that the Defender was a T10 tank at T8... How much is it actually possible to exaggregate while trying to convey an aura of seriousness?

Pete_SB #9 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:44 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10689 battles

Well apart from the light tank nerfs, The bushes, physics, accuracy, corridor maps, the German line, what has WG done for us?

"Let us introduce a new line that will want to stop that stupid idea that light tanks are fun"

I logged in, looked at the line, and logged out. I may log in next year and see what's happening.

I still don't think I'll ever play again tho, well not at least till I get the 105mm back on my VK2801.

Hiisi #10 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16586 battles
These lights seems rather ok to tiet 9, but tier 10 is pile of garbage.

Penetration is the only thing that keeps them beeing total trash. Slight buffs to tier 7-9 is needed, but not that big buffs. Some dpm +100, more agility and less model depression/elevation constrains.

Tier 10 is just bad... 2 crew members, -8 depression, 8 elevation and extra restrictions from the collision model. And it might have big pen drop, not sure about that.

Tier 10 needs huge buffs. 1 extra crew. Depression to -10, elevation to 15 and less model constrains. More dpm,  more agility and that possible pen drop removed. (All lights get that currently in tier 10).

PointZero #11 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45881 battles

View PostElement6, on 15 August 2019 - 04:12 AM, said:

Do they all need a buff, or do they simply need to be played differently than what people expected?

Just shift your view to "Play to Lose" and they're all fine. :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33585 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostPointZero, on 15 August 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

Just shift your view to "Play to Lose" and they're all fine. :)

30 games in LHMT, 71% WR. Guess I'm just lucky?

Tealo #13 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40558 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 15 August 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

All light tanks are weak for their respective tiers, because Steve didn't like getting killed by invisible OP lights in his IS 7. So WG listened to their playerbase and made everything that's not a superheavy completely useless. Lights need imidiate buffs to dpm, gun handling and view range.

So really they don't need buffs rather Steve and his IS7 ie Russian superheavies need a nerf bat especially at top tier..

Or the WG plan is to basically buff everything eventually so can't be accused of nerfing whats left of Russian player (Steve) base favorite superheavy tanks.. ie Power creep them..

In the meantime any new release is deliberately under performer including any new prem tanks or new lines frankly I prefer they do this, unlike what WG have done in the past which is to release OP tanks ie The Power Creep..

Not be able to nerf them instead 'Eventually' Buff Them! ((according to a new basic mathematical model-game meta, like the old game used to be based on after the premium round rebalance has been done)

Hopefully WG don't backtrack on the prem round rebalance..So fingers crossed! :sceptic:

Edited by Tealo, 15 August 2019 - 06:03 AM.

Xandania #14 Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41673 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostPete_SB, on 15 August 2019 - 03:44 AM, said:

Well apart from the light tank nerfs, The bushes, physics, accuracy, corridor maps, the German line, what has WG done for us?

"Let us introduce a new line that will want to stop that stupid idea that light tanks are fun"

tajj7 #15 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostElement6, on 15 August 2019 - 01:12 AM, said:

Do they all need a buff, or do they simply need to be played differently than what people expected? I mean, we have terms in this game like "heavium", ELC and 416 doing well as mobile TDs even though none of them belong to this class, etc. And give me a break, what Manticore is going to sit still in the open when there is an EBR 105 in the enemy team? Comparing the T8 to the arguably best T8 LT in the game?

They don't need to be played differently, doesn't matter how you play them, they still don't do anything better than any other lights.

If people have good games in them, as Circon rightly pointed out, whatever you did in a British light could have easily have been done in any other lights, whilst they are either better at it or better in other ways.

This is not a case of a line of tanks having a niche playstyle, WG are trying to pretend that is the case with their false marketing for this line, but it's complete utter rubbish.

They are just bad.

Also why wouldn't you compare to the best light tanks on tier? For a start that is a good marker, to show how bad they are from being competitive and secondly those 'best' light tanks are hardly that strong anyway, lights in general are pretty weak, so even the 'best' ones are not that good, especially at higher tiers. 

Balc0ra #16 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71585 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Posttajj7, on 15 August 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

If people have good games in them, as Circon rightly pointed out, whatever you did in a British light could have easily have been done in any other lights, whilst they are either better at it or better in other ways.

Tho he hated the tier 8 less. A thing he pointed out several times during his Setter grind, was simply this.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/467112155?t=02h12m15s

The amount of times my "rush" to a good spot was ruined by faster meds was a bit silly.  SP1C suffers the same way and has almost as bad DPM for years. It's why I suspect not much will change on it.

Element6 #17 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31256 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 15 August 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

They don't need to be played differently, doesn't matter how you play them, they still don't do anything better than any other lights.

This is not a case of a line of tanks having a niche playstyle, WG are trying to pretend that is the case with their false marketing for this line, but it's complete utter rubbish.

They are just bad.

Also why wouldn't you compare to the best light tanks on tier? For a start that is a good marker, to show how bad they are from being competitive and secondly those 'best' light tanks are hardly that strong anyway, lights in general are pretty weak, so even the 'best' ones are not that good, especially at higher tiers. 

One of the main aspects of powercreep is that tanks do things better than any, or at least many other tanks, so surely it's a good thing that all the new british LTs do not have attributes that are above what we already have? Another thing is that if these tanks got the same camo, ROF, dpm, mobility etc. as all the other LTs of their tiers, so that they were neither OP nor UP, people would still complain about there being no point in playing them since they already have better crews in the LTs of other nations that have had a serious head start so that the british crew would never catch up with them.

I'm having a good time in the Setter, even when it was stock. If people don't like them they could take the easy road and not play them, and instead just play the best LT they have over and over for that best fun.

Ceeb #18 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32411 battles
OP, WG dont give a Fu kickyCuh

truoste #19 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41618 battles
There is literally no need to bring this to WGs attention. They know it very well and they simply do not care. It is a unbelievably terrible line and that is that. They will likely gather data for about 1-2 years and decide that they are really good at what they do i.e. nothing at all. No need to grind it. 

tajj7 #20 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostElement6, on 15 August 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

One of the main aspects of powercreep is that tanks do things better than any, or at least many other tanks, so surely it's a good thing that all the new british LTs do not have attributes that are above what we already have? Another thing is that if these tanks got the same camo, ROF, dpm, mobility etc. as all the other LTs of their tiers, so that they were neither OP nor UP, people would still complain about there being no point in playing them since they already have better crews in the LTs of other nations that have had a serious head start so that the british crew would never catch up with them.

I'm having a good time in the Setter, even when it was stock. If people don't like them they could take the easy road and not play them, and instead just play the best LT they have over and over for that best fun.

You can do things better than other tanks without having power creep. You balance it out by making them worse in other areas so existing tanks do other things better.]

If they were just average it would disappointing and bit boring, but you'd see far less complaints about them. People would at least have new content to grind through and not be basically handicapping themselves by playing them because they are that bad. 

They are not only very bad, having the worst or close to the worse attributes in almost every area, but they are also bland as well, they are not interesting in any way.

If they were average, but had a little niche, a little something they did differently, again I doubt you would see anywhere near the level of negative feedback.

Whatever way you look at them they are a pointless line of tanks, and there is no good reason for this either because WG were told even when the initial stats came out that they were bad, let alone after testing, they have had months to solve this problem but instead ignored all that feedback and just threw out a crap, uninteresting line that is just a big waste of everyone's time. 

The ignoring the feedback has also just angered people even more, not only do they insult us with this crap line, they insult us by completing ignoring all the feedback they got about it. 

And yeh people don;t have to play them (and no one really is, I don't think I have seen so few of a new tank line weeks after its release ever) but again what is the point? Why release something bland, terrible and that no one wants to play as new content. 

The final sad thing about this whole saga, is that WG's own blurb for what these tanks should be gave them a perfect opportunity to release a new line that would have been interesting and probably not power creep.

They say these tanks are small, good camo, high view range, high alpha lights, so basically suggest they should be good passive spotters and good snipers able to pack a high alpha punch from range.

And then completely undermined all that by giving them view range and camo no better than anything else, guns with alpha no higher than anything else and terrible other stats for no good reason. 

Also tagged with DezGamez, British Light Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users