Wargaming removed team damage, now it's unrealistic?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Ripper366 #1 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 892 battles
  • [SASHA] SASHA

I love how people say wot became less realistic after team damage was removed. If I wanted realistic gameplay I'd choose to play WarThunder

Wot is so unrealistic from before I mean Tanks didn't have hitpoints, they had crew and modules that would get hit and get knocked out, in WoT I have shot a tank multiple times where the driver sits and somehow he has just matrixed away from the shells.

removing team damage won't make the game less realistic, imho team damage shouldn't be in the game at all, because it is misused to teamkill as some kind of sport teamkilling passive spotting light tanks and artillery players, there is also sometimes a (Edited) that think he is the boss on the team and shoots allies if they don't follow the orders he give.

I think the removal of team damage was good, atleast now i will have an arty on my team that is alive and can help my team rather than a dead arty teamkilled by some (Edited).

as for the pushing ally tanks problem, that can be reported in as physics abuse.

If people really want team damage, here is my idea, ad an option in the menu that turns on team damage against your tank so you can be harmed by allies (No Penalty for shooting you)

and you can only do team damage to other players that has the option turned on as well, push an ally of a cliff or drowning an ally would cause you to be unable to turn off the option and be marked as blue and can be teamkilled by anyone (Blue time lasts for up to 10-15 games), or simply teamkilling someone that has team damage turned off = one month ban or one year ban, unless you have evidence it was an accident.

i appologize in advance to the WG Staff in case this post is missplaced.

I have changed my signature now, no need for the old one, and i have edited my own bad words so the WG staff doesn't have to waste their time   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

250swb #2 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Yeah, you are one of the people who surrendered and let the team killers off the hook and let them win and got the game dumbed down even further. Team damage was not the problem, it was the people doing it, they should have been the element that left the game.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71518 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRipper366, on 15 August 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

If people really want team damage, here is my idea, ad an option in the menu that turns on team damage against your tank so you can be harmed by allies (No Penalty for shooting you)

and you can only do team damage to other players that has the option turned on as well, push an ally of a cliff or drowning an ally would cause you to be unable to turn off the option and be marked as blue and can be teamkilled by anyone (Blue time lasts for up to 10-15 games), or simply teamkilling someone that has team damage turned off = one month ban or one year ban, unless you have evidence it was an accident.

That works with skins that you don't want to see. Less ideal as a "setting" for damage tbh. As then half the players on your team can ruin it for half the players. But not the other half. So that if they get in an argument, they can TK one of the two that started it. How is that better? And drowning atm, marks you blue now even with TD off if you had last contact. That's not turned off. And you can still do team damage if you push someone off a cliff. As any damage they take rolling down is blamed on you, and you can still also turn blue for that.

View Post250swb, on 15 August 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Team damage was not the problem, it was the people doing it, they should have been the element that left the game.

Even if you remove those. You still have a sea of players that are still waiting to be a first offender for it. And since new players come all the time. They will always be there. Strict system or not. Tbh... my issue with the system was not that TD was there. It made a balance in other aspects as we have seen now. But that it was not based on alpha. But hits. So a KV-2 could potentially do 2K damage before he turned blue and still not get banned. A Cromwell would get banned before he hit 500 damage.

7thSyndicate #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46864 battles

View PostRipper366, on 15 August 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

Speacial players always need special features and something to blame.

Pls WG remove FF 

Pls WG you removed FF now everyone push or block me 

Pls WG remove prem ammo, unfair plane! i can´t farm silver

NekoPuffer_PPP #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33696 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Post250swb, on 15 August 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Team damage was not the problem, it was the people doing it, they should have been the element that left the game.

This is an obvious fact, sadly the solution to this problem was not obvious enough.

There was no way to punish teamdamage without making accidental teamdamage just as punishing.

Here's an example: You're sidescraping around a corner with an ally...you accidentally shoot him in the back of the turret and since that's teamdamage - you turn blue. There's a chance the ally will be very upset about this, so now that you're blue he'll take the opportunity to keep shooting you until you are dead. Bingo bango you've just been punished for accidentally shooting a raging muppet.

It's unfortunate, but human evolution has not yet come far enough to make that kind of behavior extinct.

TL;DR: the game is being dumbed down - because of the dummies BADUM-TSS

GrannyPanties #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 551 battles
Realism don't exist in this game, ever

Xandania #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41428 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
I got to admit I rarely notice any differences - its usually just a tray shot from friendlies that does no damage in a dozen games or so.

TheComfyChair #8 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8823 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I spent a battle with an IS3-A just constantly shooting me and trying to push me out...no reason. The morons are out there with or without FF disabled. Watch a film called "Idiocracy" :teethhappy:

Random_Humanoid #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17755 battles

of all the things that are unrealistic this is one I can live with !!

wheeled vehicles turning on a sixpence?  no, totally stupid

stun mechanic?  err no thanks

spotting mechanics?  flawed and badly implemented

diddy map?  yeah totally realistic

468v4 and other bs tanks?  yep never existed in game form and some never even existed in day dreams

list goes on and on

only question is does it make the game more fun to play and removing team damage is one of the very few steps in the right direction by WG in YEARS

Negativvv #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12207 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I like no team damage.

It stops the smaller tanks being rammed out the way at the start and makes it harder for frustrated players to harm their own team.

BeefCrtinBandit #11 Posted 16 August 2019 - 06:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6951 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
why are there so many threads about realism in an arcade game? This isn't WT sim battles.

250swb #12 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 15 August 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

There was no way to punish teamdamage without making accidental teamdamage just as punishing.

In WoWs one of the ways of dealing with team damage (other than outright bans) is that the player needs to play against bots for a predetermined number of games before being allowed back into the wider game society. WoT already has a tier 1 bot mode for brand new players to practice in. Twenty five battles in that without inflicting any further team damage (i.e. reinforcing the principle of aiming accurately, watching your peripheral vision, etc), would make any team killer think twice. And as regards accidental damage, well nobody gets punished anyway until it starts to be repeated, by which time it's more like slapdash gameplay and this needs addressing in a similar way to team killers.

Bora_BOOM #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 27715 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Just ask them how realistic would be the situation in real life in which your ally tank commander, managing a crew of 5 in a real tank, could be a braindead tard that shoots you for no reason. 

;)

Military command: Could one of you say if he wants to be a commander of a tank crew?

Soldier: Duh, ehm, wut? wipes of his nose to his sleeve

Military command: Do you want to drive a tank? Raise a hand, please.

Soldier: Me!

Military command: One hand raised would be enough, and sit down... 

Give him a Type5.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 16 August 2019 - 09:40 AM.

SuperOlsson #14 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23331 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
To be realistic some anti-tank guns and infantry (like 100-400 per team) has to be added, up the battle time to 20 hours+ and make maps a lot bigger. Until that happens, there is really no point in discussing realism.

Vela_ZG #15 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27191 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87

View Post250swb, on 15 August 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Yeah, you are one of the people who surrendered and let the team killers off the hook and let them win and got the game dumbed down even further. Team damage was not the problem, it was the people doing it, they should have been the element that left the game.

The problem was oppressive WG behavior regarding team damage. You'd get punished for accidentally hitting an ally and that's wrong.

NoobySkooby #16 Posted 16 August 2019 - 09:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16220 battles
  • [S052] S052
Yes it is quite annoying that you cannot kill a chat spammer who insists on ruining the gameplay for everyone else.

Maschinenkanone #17 Posted 16 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43662 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

Introducing the mod SafeShot would have been a MUCH more elegant solution, maybe even coupled with a new vocal line like "Negative! We are not supposed to shot friendlies, Commander!".

And unintentional friendly fire, like through careless aiming and shot deviation, would have been still possible.

Personally, I miss this interesting gameplay feature.

Edited by Maschinenkanone, 16 August 2019 - 11:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users