"The British LTs suck" - But do they really?

UK Light tanks

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

BacheDreyer #1 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21230 battles

Yep.  We all love to complain about how bad the new British light tanks are. But are they?  Evidence from gameplay by some of the main WOT streamers suggests it’s all in the head. Or it is at least a mixed bag. Check their Setter stats in the attachment. It shows how their Brit tier 7 compares to other light tanks of the same tier, measured by XP. At tiers 8, 9 and 10 the UK lights are top dogs, according to wot-life.com stats. Granted, probably because only the best tankers are playing them now. The samples are probably too small yet to say whether or not the Brits generally under-perform (with regard to experience points) in relation to most other light tanks.

Why did I bother exploring this? I was curious. Simple as that. Curious to find out if the criticism the UK lights has received was justified. Will I get one for myself? Eventually. Probably. Meanwhile I’m too busy sucking in other tanks. PS: Check out the attachment before you tell me to funk off ;-) There is nothing like hard facts. And have a marvelous day. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   The Brit lights suck.pdf   1.28MB

Edited by BacheDreyer, 15 August 2019 - 02:40 PM.

Jack_Sparroxx #2 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61112 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

Yes.

Lets open a file from some random dude on the interwebs.. What could possibly go wrong... 

tajj7 #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27757 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's quite sad that a newly released tank propped up by good players is already the 4th worst tier 7 light. 

I agree with QB, I suspect we will see the Manticore with a 45% global win rate after its been in the game a while making it one of the worst tanks in the game.

But then how long has the Rhm. Panazer propped up tier 10 and been one of the worst tanks in the game, 2 years now at least and WG have done nothing. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

If you're still curious by the next Saturday/Sunday, check this site...

http://wot-news.com/...rver/eu/norm/en

Hopefully it'll be updated by then and will have enough data to construct the curves. But from what i've seen so far, they look pretty normal. What could be an obvious problem with them is the ammo capacity. Gun elevation shows its limitation from time to time but other than that they seem alright form the DPG point of view.

tajj7 #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27757 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Data on that site is not going to be reliable for months, the numbers won't be there, we saw that with the WVs where everyone claimed they were OP based on initial WR curves but once more players played them, those WR curves showed a truer picture and they weren't OP.

Similar happened to tanks like the Kranvagn. 

And it will take even longer with the British lights because they are terrible, and everyone is saying they are terrible, so numbers will be low for a long while. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles
I didn't see that PDF in the OP. Nice effort BacheDreyer and very elegant. :great:

feoffle3 #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11386 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
You've picked results based on some of the best players the game has to offer. Incidentally, all people who have said the tanks are crap.

WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18883 battles
  • [DTPT] DTPT

View PostBacheDreyer, on 15 August 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yep.  We all love to complain about how bad the new British light tanks are. But are they?  Evidence from gameplay by some of the main WOT streamers suggests it’s all in the head. Or it is at least a mixed bag. Check their Setter stats in the attachment. It shows how their Brit tier 7 compares to other light tanks of the same tier, measured by XP. At tiers 8, 9 and 10 the UK lights are top dogs, according to wot-life.com stats. Granted, probably because only the best tankers are playing them now. The samples are probably too small yet to say whether or not the Brits generally under-perform (with regard to experience points) in relation to most other light tanks.

Why did I bother exploring this? I was curious. Simple as that. Curious to find out if the criticism the UK lights has received was justified. Will I get one for myself? Eventually. Probably. Meanwhile I’m too busy sucking in other tanks. PS: Check out the attachment before you tell me to funk off ;-) There is nothing like hard facts. And have a marvelous day. 

There's nothing here to explore... Do you also take your Hollywood's favourite actor's word for it?

"New Tank Syndrome" takes a while to settle. Until then, guys with full lines unlocked, tank reviewers (which incidently are either streamers or CCs), and the full coiners/gold buckets will obviously insta grind the new vehicles to show their communities which is gonna skew up whatever little data is there.

They aren't bad. They're probably the worst Tier X line and without a doubt, the worst LT line.

clixor #9 Posted Yesterday, 01:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 54301 battles

View Postfeoffle3, on 15 August 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

You've picked results based on some of the best players the game has to offer. Incidentally, all people who have said the tanks are crap.

So if you get a 70% wr on a tank it's a bad tank? Don't get me wrong, they are bad, i'm really struggling in the setter. But it does show that making correct plays is waaay more important than the tank itself.

feoffle3 #10 Posted Yesterday, 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11386 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View Postclixor, on 16 August 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

So if you get a 70% wr on a tank it's a bad tank? Don't get me wrong, they are bad, i'm really struggling in the setter. But it does show that making correct plays is waaay more important than the tank itself.

I have 76% wins in the Setter after 17 battles, I still think it's garbage. You're right, that the plays are more important, but it's no good winning if it's not any fun to play.

Xandania #11 Posted Yesterday, 02:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41394 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
They are ok if you can play them in a passive way - usually that leads to defeat though if the meds don'ttake up the active spotting instead...

Negativvv #12 Posted Yesterday, 02:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12125 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

The current stats for the T8 Premium look good...

Decent speed, ok DPM and good pen.

P2EnjoyBritishLT?

tajj7 #13 Posted Yesterday, 03:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27757 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostXandania, on 16 August 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

They are ok if you can play them in a passive way - usually that leads to defeat though if the meds don'ttake up the active spotting instead...

Most lights can passive spot ok though anyway, not sure they are better at it and if they are its marginal at best that doesn't compensate for their other poor attributes. 

Doesn't like the LT-432 and T-100 lt for example only have slightly less camo and view range than their same tier British light counterparts, so would be like 98% as good at passive spotting but are pretty much 25% better at everyting else. 

View PostNegativvv, on 16 August 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

The current stats for the T8 Premium look good...

Decent speed, ok DPM and good pen.

P2EnjoyBritishLT?

What's funny is that whilst it's way better than the tech tree tier 8, compare it to the other premium tier 8 lights its fairly average in comparison. 

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted Yesterday, 03:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26368 battles
Yea they do.

clixor #15 Posted Yesterday, 03:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 54301 battles

View Postfeoffle3, on 16 August 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

I have 76% wins in the Setter after 17 battles, I still think it's garbage. You're right, that the plays are more important, but it's no good winning if it's not any fun to play.

I did play the Setter kinda ok, mostly top of my team, but had a 35% wr at similar amount of battles. Also shows you how much luck is involved.

But that's the point also, the main issue with the british lights is the lack of dpm. good players (well everybody, but especially good players) need dpm to fight themselves out of trouble. It's clear the british lights can't do that. Bad players are arguably more passive, and shoot waaaay less in general so i don't know if bad player will 'suffer' or even notice how bad they are.

Not saying the UK lights shouldn't be buffed, but i do think it's kindof ironic that streamers are complaining about the constant new OP tanks but also complain now when they can't use overpowered tactics.

Edited by clixor, Yesterday, 04:00 PM.

BacheDreyer #16 Posted Yesterday, 05:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21230 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 15 August 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

If you're still curious by the next Saturday/Sunday, check this site...

http://wot-news.com/...rver/eu/norm/en

Hopefully it'll be updated by then and will have enough data to construct the curves. But from what i've seen so far, they look pretty normal. What could be an obvious problem with them is the ammo capacity. Gun elevation shows its limitation from time to time but other than that they seem alright form the DPG point of view.

Thanks! Interesting site.

16:47 Added after 2 minute

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 15 August 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

I didn't see that PDF in the OP. Nice effort BacheDreyer and very elegant. :great:

Thanks mate :-)

16:57 Added after 12 minute

View Postfeoffle3, on 15 August 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

I have indeed. And as I say, the samples are too small to tell with any degree of certainty. It'd be interesting to see how they perform in the long run. There has been a lot of hoo-hah. My guess, based on initial stats: the Brits will perform better that the complaining calls for. I might be wrong, We'll see.

8126Jakobsson #17 Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77162 battles
The tier 8 have higher mark requirements than all other lights in its tier, including the premiums. And that's with modules to grind and fresch crews. And with their reputation one would think that anyone caring about stats are staying far away from them. Now how does that add up.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted Yesterday, 07:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

I don't know. Something is amiss maybe even afoot!

The fact that your combined in the LHMTV is higher than "good" tier 8 lights like the HWK 30, LT 432, EVEN doesn't help either. Good job by the way. :)

STRAPATONI #19 Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26275 battles
  • [IRONR] IRONR
just find bush. sit your tank. and go toilet.

NoobySkooby #20 Posted Today, 12:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16190 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostSTRAPATONI, on 16 August 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

just find bush. sit your tank. and go toilet.

Isn't the lack of bushes the problem though?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users