• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Daliuxas_RealSteel_ #1 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9480 battles
  • [LT-UK] LT-UK

Helo,
I am tired of getting shoot after using wrong/useless bush. Before all bushes was working fine, but now some bushes don't working.

I creating this topic for two reason:

1.To find out what happen 

2.To create list of useless bushes 

Please help my to create this list, it will help to fix this problem.

I will start :

Overlord

Posted Image

Fishing bay

Posted Image

Homer_J #2 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Replay?

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25252 battles
  • [DID0] DID0
Regarding fishermans bay, I seem to get spotted through those bushes easier from the south spawn. It's as if they only work one way.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33535 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostRamRaid90, on 16 August 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

Regarding fishermans bay, I seem to get spotted through those bushes easier from the south spawn. It's as if they only work one way.

I get the feeling those bushes are not quite on the ground because it seems like if you're up close in them they work fine, but if you're a little further back down the slope they don't.

So it's like people can see under them when you're coming up the slope and spot the top of your tank but then when you're close to them they block LOS properly.

RamRaid90 #5 Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:47 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25252 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 August 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

I get the feeling those bushes are not quite on the ground because it seems like if you're up close in them they work fine, but if you're a little further back down the slope they don't.

So it's like people can see under them when you're coming up the slope and spot the top of your tank but then when you're close to them they block LOS properly.

Maybe, after the first couple of times trying to find a usable position there from the south I gave up and started using the mound on the 1/2 flank towards the windmill to get cross fire into the center. Seems more awkward to use the center village from the south spawn as i'm sure the slope is steeper, resulting in some awkward gun depression angles.

OmniWalou #6 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

Ok lets start thinking about this properly and not just shout ''bRoKEn BusHEs''

Fisherman's Bay

On Fisherman's Bay we are talking about distances of 70m or so. Bushes will not give you 100% camo protection. Since the bushes OP marked are in a line and not in a file, which means they are singular bushes providing you with 1 x the camo value of the bush and they are not providing you cumulative camo values (which maxes at 80% anyways). If the bushes have 50% camo value, which is the highest they can have, an Obj 430U for example will spot itself stationary even from 105m away. (In this case the 430U will have 447m viewrange, if it has even more, it will spot itself even further away).

Although what is the case with this position on Fisherman's Bay is more likely the case that south has a file of bushes (as in the bushes offer cumulative camo. It's the bushline that is in N-S direction) and they can use those to spot anyone from north hiding in the marked spot. It's extremely easy to do and you will not get spotted until you shoot (you can also shoot without getting spotted if you know what you are doing). North does not have this option and it's not advised to sit in that marked position as you will get spotted and shot if you are there.

Overlord

Again we are talking about quite close distances, of 120m or so from one side of the middle bowl to the other side. And in this case, tanks are not stationary but instead are moving when they poke over the ridge. The bushlines are also not complete and there are gaps in them, big gaps. The mechanics dictate that even if you see a glimpse of a spotting ''sensor'' on the enemy tank, you will spot it if your viewrange negates the enemy's camo value. And at those distances, with no bushes blocking LOS, your viewrange will definitely negate the enemy tank's camo value. The case with these bushes as I've experienced it is that people who move into them will get spotted. If you are already there, stationary, you will likely not get spotted easily. The extremely likely reason also for people getting spotted is simply a different angle of view. The ridgeline surrounding the middle bowl is long and there are multiple positions people can sit at and spot a tank driving up to the ridge.

There is simply nothing wrong with the bushes and this is a case of OP not understanding the mechanics of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if OP thinks that a bush gives you 100% camo as even some FastFetus super unicum seemed to think that for a long time, and possibly still thinks that.

OmniWalou #7 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 452 battles

This is the bushline you will spot anyone trying to hang around in the spot marked with red in the OP. Of course I can understand where OP gets his idea of bushes being broken since anyone using this positions will not get spotted and OP doens't realise there is someone there who can spot him. Hope this actually helps a bit in understanding that there is nothing wrong with the bushes on Fisherman's Bay, at least not in that position, and extremely likely nowhere else.

I don't like big pictures so it's here in the spoiler

Edited by OmniWalou, 16 August 2019 - 05:25 AM.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9749 battles

Depends on a load of factors

If you're running a bigger tonk for instance then camo tends to be poor because of size

The JpZ105 is meant to have 60% camo and is really easy to spot

The Steyr WT has 60% and is brill

even having a few pixels showing gets you spotted

camo is a suck it an see subject

A scorpion G can fire away in certain spots and not get spotted but most of the time it can't

marepbc #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 65952 battles
  • [ONA] ONA

I'm playing those fisherman bay bush position with tanks which have a good camo. If I am in a light tank with optics, I will be probably outspotting medium tank sitting in a bush across. It's just a camo/vision wars position.

I often see heavies playing this position but I really don't see the point, they just get outspotted veeery easily. Distance is just too close.

People often saying this bushes are not working , but I believe they work normally, but it's just the distance is too short.

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26439 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 16 August 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

Talking  about the bushes in the middle of the map, if you're at north spawn you get spotted immediately, while from the south spawn you get spotted only if you fire. It's been there for a long time.

Also, on this part of the map, the bushes next to the rock (right side of the rock) seem to not work, but I noticed I don't get spotted if I use the ones on the left (the bushes that don't connect to the rock).

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 16 August 2019 - 05:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BattleTitan