Non-existent vehicles on wheels (if possible) ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

gorandos #1 Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 83725 battles

Non-existent wheeled tanks destroyed this game !! Congratulations to WG for ruining the game with fictional wheeled tanks!

Tanks on wheels racing at 100 km / h and in doing so infallibly hit the enemy tanks, while the opponent can only pierce his tire with his shells !! Everyone else is forbidden aim-time but these tanks are not ! Classic light tanks have completely lost their purpose. Key positions on maps can no longer be reached because these "miracles" on wheels fly through maps as aliens!

Many old school players are no longer playing this game and every now and then they are giving up and selling their accounts on Ebay. Only nervous and complex kids who jump from hill to hill and shoot in flight remain in the game.

This game can no longer be enjoyed !! The gameplay is getting shorter all the time! Some missions cannot be fulfilled because for them the game must last longer, it must be more uncertain ! Now came the British light tanks, which are completely unusable. They are slow, full of cannon for a long time, and they can't fight wheeled tanks! Playing maps are really bad, completely unbalanced and channeled. They are only good for "monsters" on wheels that jump from hill to hill, they can't roll over, they can't break, and no one can destroy them. In such a game, one no longer has to think, tact, play team. You just need to take a "miracle" on wheels or an invisible TD and chase a map or sit in the bushes and "enjoy the game" !!!

It's time for WG to seriously think in which direction he is going and what he wants from this game !!

And now .... look how "enjoyable" the game is when the "monster" on wheels appears !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vwy1I64kjA

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12106 battles

Wheelies are WoTs answer to the 15 minute campers who kill the game

Long live wheelies

Yet another EBR song thread

altogether now....

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 17 August 2019 - 12:03 PM.

barison1 #3 Posted 17 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43490 battles

amd 178b was mass produced

hotchkiss was prototype
lynx is produced and still used today (modernisation)

ebr75/ebr90 was mass produced

ebr105 made up? prototype? unsure

it is way more realistic than half the tech trees that were just drawboard ideas and never left the drawboard

Edited by barison1, 17 August 2019 - 12:01 PM.

Karasu_Hidesuke #4 Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17016 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
The game as it is does not give you suspension of disbelief, it gives you suspension of reality. The first makes for a great gaming experience, the latter... well... :sceptic:

onderschepper #5 Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

Perhaps one should read the information provided by Wargaming either in game or on the wiki pages.

AMD 178B - Production of the proven Panhard AMD 178 armored vehicle, upgraded with the new FL 1 turret, 47 mm gun SA 35, and coaxial machinegun, was relaunched after World War II. The development of the new turret was started in 1940, but was stopped when France was defeated. The new prototype was designated the Panhard AMD 178B. The produced vehicles saw combat in Indo-China, North Africa, and the Near East.

(https://wiki.wargami...MD_Panhard_178B)

Hotchkiss EBR - The development of this armored vehicle was part of the corresponding program approved by the military leaders in 1945. In 1949, the Hotchkiss company presented a three-axis prototype. After the trials, the project was discontinued. The prototype did not survive to the present day.

(https://wiki.wargami...7_Hotchkiss_EBR)

EBR 75 - Between 1954 and 1955, a number of Panhard EBR armored vehicles were equipped with the AMX 13 75 FL 10 turrets to improve their firepower. They had the same turret rings and no changes were required in terms of the hull design. The modernized armored vehicles were deployed with the French Army.

(https://wiki.wargami..._EBR_75_Mle1954)

Lynx 6x6 - The further development of the Panhard AML armored vehicle with a six-wheel-drive suspension, new turret, and more powerful armament.

(https://wiki.wargami...k:F110_Lynx_6x6)

EBR 90 - In the early 1960s, the 75 mm caliber guns were deemed outdated. During 1963 and 1964, a total of 650 vehicles with FL 11 turrets were re-equipped with 90 mm guns to improve their firepower. The other vehicles with the same turret and "outdated" guns were removed from service in the French Army.

(https://wiki.wargami..._Panhard_EBR_90)

EBR 105 - A variant of the Panhard EBR armored vehicle with more powerful armament. It featured improved suspension and the two-man GIAT TS 90 turret, upgraded to accommodate a 105 mm gun. The vehicle never saw mass production, nor entered service.

(https://wiki.wargami...Panhard_EBR_105)

:honoring:

Edited by onderschepper, 17 August 2019 - 12:10 PM.

Enherjaren #6 Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 68854 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Postgorandos, on 17 August 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Non-existent wheeled tanks destroyed this game !! Congratulations to WG for ruining the game with fictional wheeled tanks!

Tanks on wheels racing at 100 km / h and in doing so infallibly hit the enemy tanks, while the opponent can only pierce his tire with his shells !! Everyone else is forbidden aim-time but these tanks are not ! Classic light tanks have completely lost their purpose. Key positions on maps can no longer be reached because these "miracles" on wheels fly through maps as aliens!

Many old school players are no longer playing this game and every now and then they are giving up and selling their accounts on Ebay. Only nervous and complex kids who jump from hill to hill and shoot in flight remain in the game.

This game can no longer be enjoyed !! The gameplay is getting shorter all the time! Some missions cannot be fulfilled because for them the game must last longer, it must be more uncertain ! Now came the British light tanks, which are completely unusable. They are slow, full of cannon for a long time, and they can't fight wheeled tanks! Playing maps are really bad, completely unbalanced and channeled. They are only good for "monsters" on wheels that jump from hill to hill, they can't roll over, they can't break, and no one can destroy them. In such a game, one no longer has to think, tact, play team. You just need to take a "miracle" on wheels or an invisible TD and chase a map or sit in the bushes and "enjoy the game" !!!

It's time for WG to seriously think in which direction he is going and what he wants from this game !!

And now .... look how "enjoyable" the game is when the "monster" on wheels appears !!!

You do realise these non-existent wheeled vehicles was very existent?

and here's a annoying song to listen to when you get pwned by non-existent tanks:

ENJOY! :B

Edited by Enherjaren, 17 August 2019 - 12:24 PM.

imposter #7 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28571 battles

One thing I do think about the current wheeled vehicles is how fast the change direction between forward and reverse gears. They just seem to unrealistically yoyo back and forth.

Karasu_Hidesuke #8 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17016 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postimposter, on 17 August 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

One thing I do think about the current wheeled vehicles is how fast the change direction between forward and reverse gears. They just seem to unrealistically yoyo back and forth.

I'm sure you know what the game aficionados are going to say to that. :mellow:

bnmm113 #9 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8841 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View Postimposter, on 17 August 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

and how about the tanks?

i would like to see someone change t 34 gears as fast as you can in game...

for most russian tanks you needed a hammer to change gears, also the tracks wouldnt stand all those movements when sidescraping and would give up....

so please dont argue something is unrealistic in wv, if it is unrealistic in the whole game...

also, most tanks couldnt turn on the spot, so that would reduce the brawling ability of mort tanks.

not to mention all the vehicles, which really didnt exist.

birthdaycake #10 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1890 battles

that game is not a simulator.

it is a arcade game.

Enherjaren #11 Posted 17 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 68854 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Postimposter, on 17 August 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

so not true... you actually spin with the wheels all the time doing this and it will get u f*cked a lot. 

gorandos #12 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 83725 battles
It doesn't even matter if the tanks exist or are prototypes or never manufactured !! This is a game !! Arcade game! I have been in this game for 8 years and I claim that the game has never been more balanced. For the first time WG introduced reload tanks ... well ... that somehow went away and didn't affect the game so much, though BatChat was the best tank then ... then they disfigured the whole artillery beyond recognition ... it had a good impact on the game ... now they have cast "miracles" on wheels that don't need this game at all. Each nation has very good and excellent light tanks that had their own purpose and each was good in its own way. Now with these "monsters" BatChat is powerless, AMX13 / 90 is powerless, LT432 is powerless, T49 is powerless, Bulldog is powerless ... ect.ect. If this was a way for players not to camp on maps then this is a big mistake. Now there are more campsites than before, there have never been so many unresolved battles. Now everyone is waiting at the base when the "monster" will come to defend the base and artillery!
And those who think it's okay to show me which tank can actually jump and hill to hill, which tank can't roll over ??? A tank that has 40mm armor survives a hit of 128 or 150mm ???? Which tank can hit 100 or 200 m in flight ???? What if these tanks were left booster acceleration ????
There are tanks in the game (IS4) that have been lagging behind new tanks for a long time, so WG has done nothing for 2-3 years.
The next thing I expect is for WG to put missiles into the game or maybe Voyager !!!

Karasu_Hidesuke #13 Posted 17 August 2019 - 02:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17016 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postgorandos, on 17 August 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

It doesn't even matter if the tanks exist or are prototypes or never manufactured !! This is a game !! Arcade game! I have been in this game for 8 years and I claim that the game has never been more balanced. For the first time WG introduced reload tanks ... well ... that somehow went away and didn't affect the game so much, though BatChat was the best tank then ... then they disfigured the whole artillery beyond recognition ... it had a good impact on the game ... now they have cast "miracles" on wheels that don't need this game at all. Each nation has very good and excellent light tanks that had their own purpose and each was good in its own way. Now with these "monsters" BatChat is powerless, AMX13 / 90 is powerless, LT432 is powerless, T49 is powerless, Bulldog is powerless ... ect.ect. If this was a way for players not to camp on maps then this is a big mistake. Now there are more campsites than before, there have never been so many unresolved battles. Now everyone is waiting at the base when the "monster" will come to defend the base and artillery!
And those who think it's okay to show me which tank can actually jump and hill to hill, which tank can't roll over ??? A tank that has 40mm armor survives a hit of 128 or 150mm ???? Which tank can hit 100 or 200 m in flight ???? What if these tanks were left booster acceleration ????
There are tanks in the game (IS4) that have been lagging behind new tanks for a long time, so WG has done nothing for 2-3 years.
The next thing I expect is for WG to put missiles into the game or maybe Voyager !!!

Why not, warp drive and everything since they already introduced the Romulan cloaking device...

Oldewolfe #14 Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 522 battles

I love how Google Eludes so many, but they can find their Favorite Music Video, Hotel Rooms or Spongebob Episodes without Issue.....

Maybe some of the Non Existant Tanks could be the Issue, maybe the Older Tanks that haven't seen a Fresh Coat if Paint in the 10 Years or so since the Game got started, maybe even the Lack of Skill and Imagination of the Powers the Be OR the Player Base are the Problem......        It doesn't Matter where you Point, there's an Issue, an Imbalance....      WG IS trying to Fix some of it, and I appreciate that, it's why I still spend when I can on it, without it Nothing Changes....

Some of the Latest Tank Additions have been Far more Balanced than some of their Predecessors this has made them somewhat Unpopular from the Start, some due to HOW they were Set Free....     The T27 is an Example, people Like the Tank for the most part myself Included, not everyone likes the way it was Introduced because they feels the Missions REQUIRING the T27 are Forcing people to Buy one....       And those that have Ground thru the Line already either see No Reason to do it, Resent that it is Literally a Direct Replacement that should have Happened for the Less than Stellar Tier 8 Tree Tank since it Fits the End Game Tanks more so than the Current Tech Tree Tank in the First Place, or the Complaint that the Female Crew you're Earning isn't as Good as previous Female Crews.....       The other is the Standard Arguement of Players BUYING thier way to the Upper Tiers that shouldn't be leaving the Tutorials for Tier 1 Battles yet because they feel they NEED to do the Missions, of the Female Crew Hype, and that Inability to Deal with those Tiers and the Lack of Skills Required and Understanding of the Mechanics, this makes for a Rather Unenjoyable Gaming Experience for ALL Involved....

Artillery was the First Issue people Complained about due to their Mechanic, but they're very much so an Integral Part of any Military Operation, Boots or Armored, as they're FAR Cheaper to Deploy than Aircraft.....       They hit from Ranges no Tanks can, out of Direct View Range making them Impervious to Direct Counter aside from Artillery of your own, which Most of you have left to the Red Team Scouts and Fast Mediums to take Out and Basically shooting yourselves in the Foot with a Shotgun so as to Not Miss....     

Now come the EBR's which can Literally do that far more Successfully than most Standard Lights and you Complain about them for being able to do so, this despite the fact any Tank can accomplish this....     Their Inherent Design allows them to do a Few Things most Regular Tanks can't, but their Built In Flaws make them harder to Play, this is a Balance....     It's up to Players to decide to Learn them and Adapt when they're on the other Team, most of you Refuse to do that similarly to how you handle Artillery on the Red Team by Flat Refusing to Adjust to it.....

You want everything Easy Mode which is something this Game has NEVER been.....         I suggest that if you're having Trouble dealing with a Tank or Tank Class, Drive it yourself and see it's not all that you think it is....       Learn what it takes to use it, Look at how you're Taken out, do a little Work to Learn the In's and Out's of them.....     I have no Issues taking out Artillery or EBR's, you don't need to be a Genius to do it.....

EBR's, Artillery, Premium Tanks, Clan Reward Tanks, they're not Ruining or Killing the Game, it's the Players that are doing more Damage to it than anything.....       Alot of Changes made to the Game have been Unneccessary except to Quiet the Lazy Masses who refuse to grasp an Understanding of the Game....      Some have been Good Changes, but there are Others that need Rolled Back in my Opinion, the Artillery Changes being the Main one, the Olde System when I started around 9.4 was Fine to me and I think it needs to be put Back into Place.....        Artillery has always been called the King of the Battlefield for a Reason, they're one of the Oldest Forms of Warfare outside on Infantry with Archers....     

And a Better Training Program for New Players can't hurt either, but that's a Side Note....       I can't tell if this was a Response or a Rant now, so my Apologies if it's more Rantish, but I think overall most will Agree that the Players need more Work than the Game does....

Rant/Response Over....     Carry On....     lol

staurinsh #15 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34702 battles

Ebr problem is that tank can do things, which can't even do modern tanks and even formula 1 could be jealous about it's turning and acceleration ability. But now i understand why after 1.0 maps terrains were made more smoother, ebr would be useless against all these bumps, but now it can hit you on full speed without any problems. Wg should start to think about adding ebr in both teams, like arty.

And a wg wiki, oh, that is a great source where to find information....

Edited by staurinsh, 17 August 2019 - 07:12 PM.

Dundato #16 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27529 battles

View Postgorandos, on 17 August 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

WELL DONE WG

barison1 #17 Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43490 battles

View Poststaurinsh, on 17 August 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Ebr problem is that tank can do things, which can't even do modern tanks and even formula 1 could be jealous about it's turning and acceleration ability. But now i understand why after 1.0 maps terrains were made more smoother, ebr would be useless against all these bumps, but now it can hit you on full speed without any problems. Wg should start to think about adding ebr in both teams, like arty.

And a wg wiki, oh, that is a great source where to find information....

not a single tank in WOT has mobility/turning/acceleration etc any bit close to real life variants, it is an arcade game, not a simulator

staurinsh #18 Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34702 battles
Not a single tank cant do what ebr can with its mobility. I think u forgot about t95, maus, tog2 and many more tanks. This game can be arcade or what ever, but it still need sense of logic. Ok, i understand sense and logic for wg is something new and most of them don't even play this game, but still, this game need some logic.

gorandos #19 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 83725 battles
WG is the one who designs the game of tanks and maps! Their influence is crucial to the balance of the game, its duration and meaning! With such moves on tanks and maps, the game is now out of balance. Some of the maps that were great for playing (Kharkov, Stalingrad, Severogorsk, South Coast, Windstorm) were either completely ejected or redone for worse (Kharkov, Erlenberg) and now most of the maps are channeled in two directions, and in other places the maps are dangerous to play. In such maps, the "monsters" on wheels are the absolute rulers of their speed and leap from hill to hill. Other players can only watch and marvel! I don't mind that some tanks can be won as prizes for missions or clan battles, but these tanks may not be OPs (T95, Object 907, Object 279). Players who have such tanks are immediately favored in the game and contribute to the imbalance of the game. Teams that have T95 and Object 279 in their composition win 80% of the time! Players when they see on an opposing team such tanks immediately decide to camp. There are also tanks in the trees of all nations that have run over time, and WG does nothing to improve them (IS4, T110E5, E100, AMX30B, WZ120 ect.)

Balc0ra #20 Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72692 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postgorandos, on 17 August 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Fictional? Well, I would not go that far. 5 out 6 is not bad. One is even as real as your most played tank. As on paper only. So why so bad this time around? As for their speed? About as realistic as your French med you have over 1K games in. It was not that agile either. But... balance over realism. If you want that. There is a different tank game with wheels that go a bit slower. Tho wheeled lights were balanced for something that doesn't work anymore. Much like the new UK lights. Tier 6 and 7 still has a few wheels around. But tier 8+ you see them less and less. If you did see 4 of them in each tier 9 and X game still. Sure, then it would indeed be annoying. But we don't. So tbh... it's fine. As they annoy arty players more so then sluggish tanks. As at this point, most know to stay away from the open in their T28 P if there is wheels nearby.

View Postgorandos, on 18 August 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Teams that have T95 and Object 279 in their composition win 80% of the time!

How many 279's have you seen? Exactly. And thus when you hardly see a tank, it's new for most sitll. And thus most still don't know how to fight it, approach it, or even where to hit it. As we did see with the T95 back in the day. But now most have dealt with those so much that they know where to hit it. Not many games that my T95 bounces everything. More so then not the cupola is full of holes, or even 183mm holes in the lower plate. Not the mantle. Nor do I know anyone with an 80% WR in it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users