Help needed: which tanks suit me best?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Unicorn_of_Steel #1 Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14525 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

Tankers, i am stuck... I have screwed up buying and selling tanks and now i basically have no clue which tanks suit me best. Can somebody please take a look at my stats and give some advice?

I have no problems with dropping back to tier 4-5 if necessary. For some reason i like the German TD line Marder-Stug-Jpanther (not a camper in those) and the French light line. I don't like heavy gameplay, to static for me. In mediums i like the Strv 74 and the VK 30.02 (M).

Overall i prefer mobility over armor and i prefer accurate guns with high ROF over more derpy high damage per shot.

Since i am currently down to 1 mln. credits and out of spare equipment, i am looking for some sort of long term plan. I do have some decent German crews with BIA and 2 or 3 skills.

Your help is much appreciated!

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 18 August 2019 - 07:21 AM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:47 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12734 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

I've played and enjoyed the same lines you mention, some other tanks I enjoy are mid tier USA lights and the T67.

Heavies I don't play a lot either because of the slow speed, but tanks such as KV-1S, KV-85 and IS  (also T-29) are not that slow and quite fun when played aggresively (in -2 MM not so much).

I started to enjoy the game more 'just playing', when you are not actively grinding lines but mix it up with fun tanks you should get a positive credit income fast. Not having enough credits is really frustrating part of the game. Buy stuff and tanks on discount really helps. Also realize the bait "if only I get that particular tank" is not true, each next one is another stock disaster... I grind so slowly now I always have sufficient credits, and eventually my tier 10 collection will grow.  I don't play them much because I am not good enough and don't like the campy gameplay anyway, but it does feel like an accomplishment to finish a line. 

Also some fun can be had setting goals such as personal missions or MoE, but they can get frustrating fast as well...

rageman4u #3 Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17948 battles

In higher tiers you strugle yo play with light tanks.

It needs alot of map awareness and knowledge of game mechanics. If you still want mobile tanks with good accuracy, for tier 5 t67 is the best option for you.  If you look for a future tank go for obj430. It is definately the bedt med in the game with good camo and good accuracy. Gun is good and armour is good too.

Don't go for german meds.They are not good in my opinion.  Czech meds (tier9 tier10)and italian meds are good too. If you want some good stats, always go for rudsian tanks

Lagalaza #4 Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9178 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

As a relatively new player I don't know if you would want to take my advice, but I'll give you some insights I've picked up along the way and you can decide if you want to take them on board....

1.   Find tanks you like and play them. The credits will build over time but this will be a long time without a premium account and premium tanks.

2.   Invest in a couple of premiums that suit your playstyle and use them to build credits. Added to a premium account I can get 20k plus in a bad loss battle with the Skorpion G and clear 100K if I play well in a win. Tier 8 is good for this but there are some good credit earners at other tiers such as the T34-85M. You have the Kanon 105 and that can earn lots if you don't fire premium ammo. I would recommend the Skorpion G and the Progetto as really good credit earners if you can get them in the future.

3.   From your stats, TD's are your thing. Best TD line for me has been the Russian one with the SU-100, SU-152 and ISU-152. All really good tanks but are slow. Faster TD's that seem excelllent and will be the next line I go down are the US turreted TDs that sound like they will suit your playstyle and what you enjoy.

4.   The grind to the US T-29 heavy is really painful but when you get that tank with the top gun, boy is it worth it. Tier for tier, it's awesome. The US M4 Sherman and the Sherman Jumbo are good hull down teachers and a fun way to get to the T-29. Better than the T1 and M6 but you might enjoy those US heavies as they have fast guns and speed compared to other heavies.

5.   Italian mediums are really good. Tier 4, 5 and 6 are outstanding fun. Tier 7 is ok and then tier 8 is a fast, accurate, mobile autolaoder that doesn't have any armour but can sidescrape well. Excellent for frontline which is another way of earning loads of credits.

To summarise, I would go for the Italian mediums and the Russian or Us TDs but mostly, just find a half dozen or so tanks you like and play them. Credits will come. And play Frontline for the credits. Bit of a grind but worth it for those 5million plus credits you can make over the 7 days.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

Start by building up some credits. That will help fund your grinds and buying equipment and consumables for your tanks.

Use FL for that, don't do that in randoms. FL is a bit boring but efficient in making credits especially with boosters and premium account.

You can have 2 free tier 8 premiums through the referral program if you haven't done that already. These will help funding your account.

You can buy crew books with credits and have decent crews before playing a single battle in a line. Again it's a matter of credits.

Based on your description, lights and fast mediums will be good tanks for you. They're fun to play and you can learn a lot playing them than any other.

• French lights are very good even the tier 10 is okay.
  • Chinese lights are very good up to tier 7 or 8.
  • German lights are bad except low tiers (Pz1C, Leopard).
  • American tree got a few good lights (Chaffee, T71 DA, T49).
  • Russian lights are very good but they are more like small mediums not the best suited for spotting. They can do damage and support their teams better than other lights.
  • The Leopard line is very similar. Good mobility, accurate guns and no armor.
  • Italian mediums are excellent. Starting from tier 8 you get an auto reloader, very good guns and good mobility.
  • You can't go wrong with the american mediums. Very good tanks from tier 5 to tier 10, not the best mobility but very able tanks with lots of firepower.

iztok #6 Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:37 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

Looking at your stats you're performing above your average with mobile tanks, being lights or mediums. So stay with them. OTOH you're preferring german vehicles, which WG doesn't prefer. ;)

My advice would be: stay in mid tiers (4-6) where you seem to perform the best, and simply don't bother with higher tiers, esp. when you're limited with in-game credits. Enjoy the game in tiers that make you credits and don't require too much grind. :great:

BR,  Iztok

Unicorn_of_Steel #7 Posted 18 August 2019 - 11:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14525 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A
Thanks for the replies sofar. For now i will  focus on buying some tier 6's back that i really enjoyed so i just can have some fun again. TD's indeed suit me nicely, i am having a blast with the Krupp-Steyr and more occassionaly the Kanonenjagdpanzer. So i think i will focus more or less on the German TD line, the Swedish medium line and the French light line. 

ChristOfTheAbyss #8 Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles
Sounds like russian meds. High rof, mobile and even some armour. Only negativity is poor gun depression.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users