• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

AlexC419 #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8668 battles
  • [PEERS] PEERS

Hello fellow tankers,

I recently got back into world of tanks a bit after few years hiatus and it is… Better? Kind of.

It is still a shame that the core problems of the game, which I have always said is “A team game where no one plays in a team” (and gold ammo that can
*edited off quite frankly) are still there which annoys me and will probably turn me away from the game in a few weeks like before.

So on my sleepless nights I thought of some idea, some small, some large to help improve the game and ultimately team play.

• Allied players should have a reloading symbol on them when reloading

• Accuracy should show on gun rotation, moving and moving with gun rotation like camo does for moving, firing etc. – e.g. 0.3/0.7/1.2/2.0

• Enemies you have spotted and are keeping spotted should have a small eye icon on them

• Amour model in game - Difficult to implement but it's in Warthunder and there is third party apps/website that have it already so it cant be THAT difficult.

• Destroyed engines should give “tracking” damage – honestly WHY is this not in the game?

• Similar to the point above if you destroy a model/ injure a crew member if the tank is destroyed before it is repaired you should get an assistant damage percentage depending on the model importance and value.

• There should be a “I’ve immobilised the target” button – like “Help, requesting fire, attack” etc. to help tactical play

• Stock tanks should have a “ (S) “ symbol in their name for the team only

• You should be able to see allies damaged and destroyed models when looking at them like the perk “Eagle Eye” or make it a part of the perk.

• Camo net and binoculars should have a physical model on the tank when active viewable to all players

• Mini-map should start full size with a transparent + - on top to show player you can change the size

• In-game translator – very difficult I can imagine and would probably never happen but it would help communication incredibly

• "Blue players" Should pay for a percentage of the teams repair cost if the team losses - with the friendly fire removal in 1.6 this suggestions is a lot less powerful but you can still be listed as "blue"

• You should be able to "Duel Assign" key-bindings - what i mean by this is simply you can assign two keys to the same command E.G. " W " and " ^ " to move forward to help A. people with mobility difficulties/ injuries and B. Retrain muscle memory.

A big read i know and i cant really shorten it but these are some noob friendly and game friendly suggestions that could help team play and just provide extra information to the player to help make decisions. I know it wont fix the problems this game has and this thread will probable get lost to the sands of time but maybe someone at wargaming will take something from it?

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 20 August 2019 - 05:27 PM.
Inappropriate language

FrantisekBascovansky #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32830 battles

there is pinned thread for that, but i will add

- clock in garage and in-battle

- auto crew-return and equipment-return

- MOE indicator in-battle

- minimap pingers autoblocker

- flipped tank indicator on the minimap

- replay manager with free camera

- post game visual hit model

etc etc

so we won't use mods for that

AlexC419 #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8668 battles
  • [PEERS] PEERS

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 19 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

there is pinned thread for that, but i will add

- clock in garage and in-battle

- auto crew-return and equipment-return

- MOE indicator in-battle

- minimap pingers autoblocker

- flipped tank indicator on the minimap

- replay manager with free camera

- post game visual hit model

etc etc

so we won't use mods for that

All amazing, the post gaming hit model is actually amazing it means you can learn the weak spots of the tank and angling.

WHY IS THE CLOCK IN THE GARAGE A THING! [edited]me xD

Also link me to the thread if possible?

Edited by AlexC419, 19 August 2019 - 06:46 PM.

Inappropriate_noob #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17490 battles

Come back, have a look play less,lol

works for me

Bordhaw #5 Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15287 battles

View PostAlexC419, on 19 August 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

It is still a shame that the core problems of the game, which I have always said is “A team game where no one plays in a team” (and gold ammo that can *edited off quite frankly) are still there which annoys me and will probably turn me away from the game in a few weeks like before.

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 20 August 2019 - 05:28 PM.

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19396 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostAlexC419, on 19 August 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Hello fellow tankers,

I recently got back into world of tanks a bit after few years hiatus and it is… Better? Kind of.

It is still a shame that the core problems of the game, which I have always said is “A team game where no one plays in a team” (and gold ammo that can
*edited off quite frankly) are still there which annoys me and will probably turn me away from the game in a few weeks like before.

So on my sleepless nights I thought of some idea, some small, some large to help improve the game and ultimately team play.

• A link to the Wiki in game (https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Tanks) – many people probably know about it and use it extensively but new players might not, so a button in the ESC menu would simply be great. - Agreed

• Allied players should have a reloading symbol on them when reloading - This information, if sent through the clients, will encourage cheating mod use. People are getting more and more creative on how to use them.

• Accuracy should show on gun rotation, moving and moving with gun rotation like camo does for moving, firing etc. – e.g. 0.3/0.7/1.2/2.0 - Agreed

• Enemies you have spotted and are keeping spotted should have a small eye icon on them - Agreed

• Amour model in game - Difficult to implement but it's in Warthunder and there is third party apps/website that have it already so it cant be THAT difficult. - This is already being developed.

• Destroyed engines should give “tracking” damage – honestly WHY is this not in the game? - Could not agree more. Yes, it is quite baffling why it doesn't work like that. Then again, WG, right?

• Similar to the point above if you destroy a model/ injure a crew member if the tank is destroyed before it is repaired you should get an assistant damage percentage depending on the model importance and value. - This depends on what is damaged/destroyed. Silencing a gun, specially autoguns, yes.

• There should be a “I’ve immobilised the target” button – like “Help, requesting fire, attack” etc. to help tactical play - I'd say, other commands.
  • "Requesting artillery strike @ X target" - viewable to SPGs only,
  • "Requesting intelligence data @ X sector - viewable to LTs only,
  • "Requesting breakthrough on sector X" - to HTs only",
  • "Requesting defensive fire @ X sector/on my position to TDs only,
  • "Requesting cover @ X sector/on my position to MTs only.

• Stock tanks should have a “ (S) “ symbol in their name for the team only - This would encourage shaming such players.

• You should be able to see allies damaged and destroyed models when looking at them like the perk “Eagle Eye” or make it a part of the perk. - I don't think such information would be helpful. Rather, the "Eagle Eye" perk should be improved to work faster, for instance.

• Camo net and binoculars should have a physical model on the tank when active viewable to all players - Looks better but doesn't really add anything to the game. But doesn't break it either so, I don't see why not.

• Mini-map should start full size with a transparent + - on top to show player you can change the size - And also full size map. I'm not sure if this already exists, though.

• In-game translator – very difficult I can imagine and would probably never happen but it would help communication incredibly - No. Speak English. It's the easiest language to learn in the world (I might be exaggerating).

• "Blue players" Should pay for a percentage of the teams repair cost if the team losses - with the friendly fire removal in 1.6 this suggestions is a lot less powerful but you can still be listed as "blue" - Teamkillers should have higher fines in terms of experience. Not necessarily [just] credits. As long as they keep progressing, there's no incentive to conform with the rules. Quite the opposite: all the more reasons to troll.

• You should be able to "Duel Assign" key-bindings - what i mean by this is simply you can assign two keys to the same command E.G. " W " and " ^ " to move forward to help A. people with mobility difficulties/ injuries and B. Retrain muscle memory. - Agreed

A big read i know. - No. Not necessarily. Specially not when it was carefully written and formatted. At least enough to let other people comment on.

and i cant really shorten it but these are some noob friendly and game friendly suggestions that could help team play and just provide extra information to the player to help make decisions. - Agreed

I know it wont fix the problems this game has - Disagreed. It will solve some of those issues. The problem here is WG.

and this thread will probable get lost to the sands of time - And to trolls quite sadly. The core group is disbanding. Once more, WG.

but maybe someone at wargaming will take something from it? - Unfortunately, it is unlikely. Few to no moderators actually pass the word to Minsk. We've had some that cared but they have hanged their coats a long time ago...

Thank you for your post. No matter how much this community demoralizes you, keep it up.

Some of us do have a normal attention span.

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 20 August 2019 - 05:29 PM.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19396 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

- clock in garage and in-battle - There's a valid reason this isn't in game: if you look at the time, you are likely to play less with a clock than you are without. Most gaming companies want you to play as much as possible. Not necessarily for the money but also to relief queue times in "tough" schedules

- auto crew-return and equipment-return - Agreed. But same as above: they want you to buy more.

- MOE indicator in-battle - This can have a negative influence in battle (people more interested to farm in detriment of actually winning).

- minimap pingers autoblocker - WG should not offer crutches to issues. Offenders should be simply blocked from chatting/pinging. In other games, posting too frequently, even if the user is sound, reasonable and having a normal conversation, can have you muted. This will increase in time as the offences are repeated.

- flipped tank indicator on the minimap - Agreed

- replay manager with free camera - Agreed

- post game visual hit model - Yes, but take it with a grain of salt because it might not show what the server "sees".  We already have a mod that works like that and it's not accurate.

AlexC419 #8 Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8668 battles
  • [PEERS] PEERS

View PostWindSplitter1, on 19 August 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Thank you for your post. No matter how much this community demoralizes you, keep it up.

Some of us do have a normal attention span.

"This information, if sent through the clients, will encourage cheating mod use. People are getting more and more creative on how to use them."  - True didn't think that but it just a thought if they add "Duel Control" you could make the fire button also the "I'm reloading" button too

"This is already being developed." - Soon Tm

• I'd say, other commands.
  • "Requesting artillery strike @ X target" - viewable to SPGs only,
  • "Requesting intelligence data @ X sector - viewable to LTs only,
  • "Requesting breakthrough on sector X" - to HTs only",
  • "Requesting defensive fire @ X sector/on my position to TDs only,
  • "Requesting cover @ X sector/on my position to MTs only.   - AGREE!

"This would encourage shaming such players."  - Maybe? the community is toxic but i would say it would do more harm than good

"I don't think such information would be helpful. Rather, the "Eagle Eye" perk should be improved to work faster, for instance." - I personally think i would be, for instance it's 2v2 i look at my allie and find out he has a damage ammo rack and  dead commander, So i know i shouldn't push due to having the disadvantage.
Also "Eagle Eye" is useless perk really I'm not going to stare at someone paint job for 2 or more seconds to find out they have a damage track while i get slapped in the face by a STRONK Russian gun

"And also full size map. I'm not sure if this already exists, though." - I think if you press and hold " M " you get a full screen map? I will have to try it when back from holiday.

"No. Speak English. It's the easiest language to learn in the world (I might be exaggerating)." - I agree, it is the language of the internet and the 3rd most in the world so it would be beneficial lol but it don't think its fair to force plays to do so.
Also English is the most Dyslexic prone language in the world due to stupid Grammar and language formation

"Teamkillers should have higher fines in terms of experience. Not necessarily [just] credits. As long as they keep progressing, there's no incentive to conform with the rules. Quite the opposite: all the more reasons to troll." - I agree. I am coming from the angle that you are at a disadvantage straight from the start due to being 1 tank down and another with 10-20% HP off yet you have to pay if you lose which is likely due to the disadvantage mentioned before, same could be said for AFK players too.

To be fair i have noticed a lot less blue players and trolls recently so maybe the new system is working but i still think the punishment should be strong on the blue and less on the unfortunate team.

"Unfortunately, it is unlikely. Few to no moderators actually pass the word to Minsk. We've had some that cared but they have hanged their coats a long time ago..." Unfortunate indeed. i do feel like community and staff connection is non existent and while i understand listen to EVERYONE is difficult and not productive, they could easily put out monthly polls in game to see what the players are worried about and what they enjoy but like you said WG hey? :facepalm:  Cheers for reading and agreeing with me <3

spidre #9 Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34335 battles
There should be flying pigs to practise on before the battle starts.

AngryCombatWombat #10 Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:32 PM

Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 4286 battles

Please do not duplicate topics. For any game suggestions please visit this one:

http://forum.worldof...t__2320#topmost

Topic closed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users