Jump to content


Your 2 cents on WoT - Story Mode

survey giveaway

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

ilosz #1 Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15098 battles
  • 1,448
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

Yo tankers,

 

In this topic I am am going to post my questions to you about certain WoT related matters on a regular basis. The goal of these surveys are to help me better understand the current state of the game and to see what could be done to improve it. In the end I am going to post my findings and reflections in a series of essays. I wish to make these as comprehensive as possible hoping that WG takes a look at its community in a more qualitative way.

 

To make it more fun, I will randomly choose a person who gets 500 gold each time a survey gets completed 100 times. (Will update you on this here)

 

The first winner is LordSkyFury

 

List of surveys:

Personal Missions: https://wotologist.typeform.com/to/nvuVCE

[NEW] Story Mode: https://wotstory.typeform.com/to/fvQf10

 

Thanks to everyone who share their opinion, you are cool! ;)


Edited by ilosz, 22 August 2019 - 01:18 AM.


SuedKAT #2 Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:31 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,990
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
I answered the questions, however I can't say I find the missions hard but I do find many of them RNG based and disruptive to my normal playstyle so I can't say I'm much of a fan of them. I'm also a quite disappointed that they somewhat "teach" or at least show players a way of playing that they most likely will think is the optimal/best way resulting in them prioritizing and playing "badly" rather than "normal", what positive for example comes from having MT's doing X amount of damage in the first 2 mins of the game or arties focusing on stunning rather than doing damage...  

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:29 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,251
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Difficulty and time consuming aren't really a problem if the reward is good enough. Counter intuitive requirements and the negative impact that these have on your gameplay is a problem. Setting someone on fire, killing a number of tanks in the first 3 minutes of the battle, etc. It isn't a circus!



BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:46 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6253 battles
  • 756
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

3rd question is a bit weird to me, as the missions get harder the further you get, but right now I find them hard to get, but they are too depended on luck of good map for tank types/ how good both teams are to give you the chance to get the mission done etc.

 

The rewards are a bit weird in my opinion. It would be more fair if the rewards were more split between tank classes, though at this point I do like most of the rewards, except for both 1st rewards of the campaigns. The both last rewards can a lot of times (only) be countered by premium ammo (and arty of course). It would be interesting to see a good light tank as reward for example.

 

Looking at difficulty I find the later missions too hard. It only encourages you to spam a lot of premium rounds and/or play with unbalanced (reward) tanks, like the clan wars reward tanks. I've seen video's of people doing HT mission 15 for Object 260 and get the reward for actually spamming a lot of premium to get to that 14k combined. In my opinion, the fact that WG made premium rounds available for credits is one of the worst, if not the worst decision WG has ever made.



Dava_117 #5 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:31 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22448 battles
  • 4,881
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
Answered the survey. IMO PM are quite well done. Apart from arty mission, but I understand there are some arty player who probably enjoy them, I didn't have problem with PM difficulty. It's just a bit RNG dependant, but the whole game is it too... :)

ilosz #6 Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15098 battles
  • 1,448
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 20 August 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

I answered the questions, however I can't say I find the missions hard but I do find many of them RNG based and disruptive to my normal playstyle so I can't say I'm much of a fan of them. I'm also a quite disappointed that they somewhat "teach" or at least show players a way of playing that they most likely will think is the optimal/best way resulting in them prioritizing and playing "badly" rather than "normal", what positive for example comes from having MT's doing X amount of damage in the first 2 mins of the game or arties focusing on stunning rather than doing damage...  

Yes, it can be held accountable for breaking the in-game balance to a certain degree. Also, I think the game suffers from an identity crisis. They try to sell it off as a team-oriented game with a heavy focus on strategy and playing smart, but with all these missions that reward an extremely individualistic effort, it kinda seems they are achieving the opposite. Not to mention that gone are the days where you could pull off big miracles in this game... unless of course if you play the power creep. :trollface:

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 August 2019 - 06:29 AM, said:

Difficulty and time consuming aren't really a problem if the reward is good enough. Counter intuitive requirements and the negative impact that these have on your gameplay is a problem. Setting someone on fire, killing a number of tanks in the first 3 minutes of the battle, etc. It isn't a circus!

 

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 20 August 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

3rd question is a bit weird to me, as the missions get harder the further you get, but right now I find them hard to get, but they are too depended on luck of good map for tank types/ how good both teams are to give you the chance to get the mission done etc.

 

The rewards are a bit weird in my opinion. It would be more fair if the rewards were more split between tank classes, though at this point I do like most of the rewards, except for both 1st rewards of the campaigns. The both last rewards can a lot of times (only) be countered by premium ammo (and arty of course). It would be interesting to see a good light tank as reward for example.

 

Looking at difficulty I find the later missions too hard. It only encourages you to spam a lot of premium rounds and/or play with unbalanced (reward) tanks, like the clan wars reward tanks. I've seen video's of people doing HT mission 15 for Object 260 and get the reward for actually spamming a lot of premium to get to that 14k combined. In my opinion, the fact that WG made premium rounds available for credits is one of the worst, if not the worst decision WG has ever made.

Yeah, just wanted to get a general overview on how difficult people think it is.

 

Do you think it's healthy that these tanks can be mainly countered by gold ammo? 

 

I disagree. In WoT Blitz they balanced it out by tuning down the damage output of the premium shells slightly, making it strategically unattractive to fire it all the time.

 

View PostDava_117, on 20 August 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

Answered the survey. IMO PM are quite well done. Apart from arty mission, but I understand there are some arty player who probably enjoy them, I didn't have problem with PM difficulty. It's just a bit RNG dependant, but the whole game is it too... :)

Thank you! :) 



Balc0ra #7 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:10 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72692 battles
  • 20,640
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostSuedKAT, on 20 August 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

however I can't say I find the missions hard but I do find many of them RNG based and disruptive to my normal playstyle so I can't say I'm much of a fan of them.

 

The earlier parts of the first campaign were more RNG and luck than skill. Some players way better then me was stuck on the old MT-12 for the Obj or T-55A for months. I did those in a few games as I got lucky.  Tho toned down a fair bit. You still have module damage missions etc on the 2nd one, but not that luck based vs the pre changed MT-12 etc.

 

Tho considering that and stun missions for the 2nd one. And you have all I want fixing.



ilosz #8 Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15098 battles
  • 1,448
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
new survey added, please share your views on the topic with me! :)

NoobySkooby #9 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:06 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16962 battles
  • 4,937
  • [D3NK] D3NK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Get rid of all mods, and then implement the best things out of them into the vanilla client, for free.

Stevies_Team #10 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12106 battles
  • 1,186
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Sort the MM out in randoms

 

Its total garbage

 

I'm spending money on this *edited game

Sort it out for christs sake

 

I'M DOING MY BIT
YOU NEED TO DO YOUR BIT

 

It isnt rocket science

 

Are you people future government idiots or something


Edited by flashmove_iron, 22 August 2019 - 11:12 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:13 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,251
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

It's very interesting idea, the story mode i mean. I can see the Homefront mode metamorph into something elegant like that. Instead of just counting bodies and repulsing waves of attack. A background story will do nicely here, excellent idea!



ilosz #12 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:32 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15098 battles
  • 1,448
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 22 August 2019 - 01:12 AM, said:

Sort the MM out in randoms

 

Its total garbage

 

I'm spending money on this *edited game

Sort it out for christs sake

 

I'M DOING MY BIT
YOU NEED TO DO YOUR BIT

 

It isnt rocket science

 

Are you people future government idiots or something

I agree with you that sorting out the MM would bring great improvement, but the maps, tanks, in-game mechanics like consumables etc. need serious revamps too.


Edited by flashmove_iron, 22 August 2019 - 11:15 AM.


ilosz #13 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15098 battles
  • 1,448
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 22 August 2019 - 01:13 AM, said:

It's very interesting idea, the story mode i mean. I can see the Homefront mode metamorph into something elegant like that. Instead of just counting bodies and repulsing waves of attack. A background story will do nicely here, excellent idea!

Yeah it would be nice if these words actually reflected something greater instead of just being purely marketing catchphrases.







Also tagged with survey, giveaway

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users