Did someone let out the RNG troll again?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

w00pzy #1 Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7887 battles

There I am sitting in my beloved bush and behold there is an IS-3A just about 300 m away from me. He turns and shows off his beautiful side.

I fire a HE and I see the hit between the hull and turret, but nothing happens. It`s a direct hit, but nothing. WTF?

Ok, let try some "goldie" ammo :izmena: I take my time and make sure there's no mistake in my aim. FIRE :izmena: Guess what? It hits the IS-3A in its side and nothing. Not even a f*** ricochet...

I know this game is somewhat random and rigged but this is just pathetic. This game used to be great fun.. but now.. yeah.. don`t think soo. 

Maybe it`s time to go back to WarThunder.. :trollface:

Edited by NoHit_Tanker, 20 August 2019 - 05:56 PM.

malachi6 #2 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

Evidence for rigged is too much to ask for.  Packet loss etc could explain your issue.

Homer_J #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32295 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNoHit_Tanker, on 20 August 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

Not even a f*** ricochet...

Not even a flipping replay.

My guess is your premium ammo is HEAT and it got eaten by the tracks/spaced armour just like your HE did.  Or there was something between you and the IS-3A which you hit.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

This video never gets old. Get to know the IS-3 side armor aka the black hole generator. :)

w00pzy #5 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7887 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 20 August 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Evidence for rigged is too much to ask for.  Packet loss etc could explain your issue.

Don`t need any evidence to show you. Anyone with some knowledge of this game will say it's rigged. It`s kinda obvious.. but no worries m8, you are probably one of the "Defend WG not matter what" guys and you will never ever see it. It's called "Blind-To-Lies-And-Deceive" :ohmy:

View PostHomer_J, on 20 August 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

Not even a flipping replay.

My guess is your premium ammo is HEAT and it got eaten by the tracks/spaced armour just like your HE did.  Or there was something between you and the IS-3A which you hit.

There`s always an explanation as to why things are like they are.. but are is there any substance in those explanations? Maybe I should put on my tin-foil hat and be stupid and not believe this game is what it is.. ****** :trollface:

Homer_J #6 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32295 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNoHit_Tanker, on 20 August 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Don`t need any evidence to show you. Anyone with some knowledge of this game will say it's rigged. It`s kinda obvious.

Why would you even play then.  Go back to Wart Hunter if it's so much better.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72742 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
After they buffed the side skirts on it to magical status a while back. It's been rather common. Even more so with HE.

w00pzy #8 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7887 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 20 August 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

Why would you even play then.  Go back to Wart Hunter if it's so much better.

Maybe maybe.. seems to be a much better game than WoT, to be honest :D

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 August 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

After they buffed the side skirts on it to magical status a while back. It's been rather common. Even more so with HE.

There's for sure some magic going on...:facepalm: 

The_Naa #9 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8240 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 August 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

This video never gets old. Get to know the IS-3 side armor aka the black hole generator. :)

i like these old videos. :)

full of tips, facts and good old propaganda.

just to make the tank look over powered :popcorn:

Slyspy #10 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Why would you fire HE at the side of an IS-3?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 20 August 2019 - 11:34 PM, said:

i like these old videos. :)

full of tips, facts and good old propaganda.

just to make the tank look over powered :popcorn:

I don't know if if this is your first account or not but at some point it was every bit as good as this video. There were no Defender or Patriot rubbish. If you wanted to kill a competent IS-3, you really needed to be good.

This tank has a place in my heart both in the game and in real life. Saw it every morning on my way to school then work. :)

The_Naa #12 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8240 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 August 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

I don't know if if this is your first account or not but at some point it was every bit as good as this video. There were no Defender or Patriot rubbish. If you wanted to kill a competent IS-3, you really needed to be good.

This tank has a place in my heart both in the game and in real life. Saw it every morning on my way to school then work. :)

i am a older player in new and fresh suit.

my first account was created in September 9 2012, it did not get far before i forgot my first password because i did not trust the ''remember me'' button. :P

so i made a new. then my brother started playing and i forgot the password for that account as well. i made a 3rd, 4th and 5th before i stopped playing in 2014-2015 because i broke my PC.

i was a console gamer for the rest of the time, bought a laptop from a friend for 100€ that ran the game in 10fps. upgraded it to much better this year now im back in the game and back in the forums as well. :popcorn:

sharing my brilliant ideas that will never work once more.:bajan:

so i do know that we are far from the point that we used to be in.

Edited by The_Naa, 20 August 2019 - 10:11 PM.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostNoHit_Tanker, on 20 August 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Don`t need any evidence to show you. Anyone with some knowledge of this game will say it's rigged. It`s kinda obvious.. but no worries m8, you are probably one of the "Defend WG not matter what" guys and you will never ever see it. It's called "Blind-To-Lies-And-Deceive" :ohmy:

There`s always an explanation as to why things are like they are.. but are is there any substance in those explanations? Maybe I should put on my tin-foil hat and be stupid and not believe this game is what it is.. ****** :trollface:

No no. It's totally rigged.  But I'm not going to show any evidence. 

I'm going to claim the explanations are false too.

Seriously... you're complaining because you don't understand what happens and you're rejecting the explanation out right. 

Give us the replay and we can show on more detail exactly what happened. 

But yeah... the explanation you've been given is accurate. 

And also... HE vs spaced armour... why?

Stevies_Team #14 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12221 battles

You must develop a sense of humor for those WTF! moments, they really are part of the fun of the game

I've had a few crackers since frontline started, vanishing shells etc, but I've also had a few "why am I not dead???" moments as well

This game has a lot to cope with and the servers don't always get it right, masses of dynamic calculations

I had one shell pass right through the fricken tank and dig the dirt up behind it, packet loss I presume?

Slyspy #15 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 21 August 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

You must develop a sense of humor for those WTF! moments, they really are part of the fun of the game

I've had a few crackers since frontline started, vanishing shells etc, but I've also had a few "why am I not dead???" moments as well

This game has a lot to cope with and the servers don't always get it right, masses of dynamic calculations

I had one shell pass right through the fricken tank and dig the dirt up behind it, packet loss I presume?

I would argue that, since this is a server side game, the server will always have it right (malfunctions excepted). It is your client which has it wrong, hence the shot passing through the target. In fact it missed.

Baldrickk #16 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 21 August 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

Packet loss/lag Yeah. 

Basically a desync with the server. 

The tank is actually not quite where it's shown on your client. 

Or there might be a hole in the model,  as with the M55 Arty a while back where the physical model for the turret was hovering above the tank,  though the visual one was still fine. 

That's less likely though, and would affect everyone. 

Pincertje #17 Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11852 battles
  • [NFNG] NFNG

I had the same feeling. After months having enjoyable games - with of course the occassional bounce/miss/no damage shot, it seems that whenever I engage a Soviet tank my rounds hit an invisible shield of Stalin magic. So I tried my proven M44 American arty, on which I have two Master badges and did my highest in game base experience score (2.432) ever. I know arty is nerfed, so I put a crate of cola in it and I remember to aim longer and better. I aim for German tanks: boom, right on the mark time after time. I aim for a Soviet or Chinese tank.... multiple ghost shells, multiple rounds land even outside the aim circle, may hit spot on and do no damage... after having counted and analyzed, my M44 has an effective hitrate against German tanks of about 87,4% and against Soviet tanks about 32,3%. OK, Let's do that again over 100 games, watch the replays and count, add and divide and let's take another look. 91,5% against German tanks, 36,0% against Soviet. 

OK, next try. I'll fire only at Soviet heavies. I almost were to get my first barrel mark (I stood at 61%). After 51 games, the first barrel mark was way out of sight, hitrates and winrates dropped.

Conclusion: othet techtrees are window dressing and cash cows. If yoiu want to be competetive and have a bit of actual fun, sell all your other tanks and go solely for the Soviet lines. 

If in the other hand you are a real tank enthusiast and you don't give a damn about the stats, you play whatever you want, ignore the Soviet bias and get your fun out of doing reasonably well despite the odds stackd against you. And that includes the Russian Number Generator (ty Claus Kellerman), stat padding assholes that think we are all just a bunch of minions/muppets in their attempt to get world domination and what have you. 

Just do you thing, if possible in a clan, and have fun. It is a freaking game and some of us take it way to seriously. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users