• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BarthalomewKuma #1 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8584 battles
  • [-PLP] -PLP

Hello

I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong or so but starting from Chi To then Chi Ri then STA 1 now Type 61 I constantly get full pens from all artas including those with rather low pen and calliber.

While this piss me to no end that despite not getting hit from back or side but frontally I take even 1000 hits every single time shell connects (aka didnt land nearby) , but what is even more disgusting even low calliber arta like French BC totally can pen with 2 consecutive shoots in row. I have to say I don't have such traumatic experience even in lights. 

Even if shells dont fully pen 500 + damage is like given at least.

So I just have one question because at this point ... despite being close to STB 1 I will drop line anyway , so just need one answer :

DOES STB 1 also gets full pens from arta everytime it gets hit ? Because if that is the case I will drop grind and line forever. 

Getting hit by arta is fine , part of game sadly. However full pens totally [edited]up your game no matter how good you play.

Please answer from STB 1 players only , I really want honest oppinion because taking 1570 damage in 2 shoots in Type61 from BC 155 58 is just unreal.

If STB 1 doesnt improve in this regard I will save myself credits despite discount now its still over 4 mil.

And this is not sudden burst of rage and rant. Just like I said since start of this month when I grind this line every single time any tank I line cannot resist any arta hit and taking full pen is like 90% of time at least (10% maybe hit nearby or hit track idk). So this happens to me non stop and seems like there is no end. Whenever I was thinking maybe I was just unlucky i just get even more pens from all kind of artas.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34076 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

You're going to get shot at by arty no matter what tank you are in so giving up on the STB, which is in a good place right now, for that reason makes no sense.

Just play the tanks you want and try to get shot less.

Xandania #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42777 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Paper tanks get focused by arty as arty players want damage too. Arties get focused by mobile tanks (and sometimes they oneshot them too - this goes both ways :P ).

If however the armored tanks are the ones spotted they get shot - alas they often sit artysafe, so whaterver can be targeted will be. Only exception is some proxy spotter - what they spot gets focused  if it can be targeted or splashed.

BarthalomewKuma #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8584 battles
  • [-PLP] -PLP
Just was playing arta myself today (doing T55A missions) and full pen on STA 1 + set on fire holy [edited]its not even funny. I'm targeting jap meds myself now 24/7. This is unreal. Lights dont even take that hardcore damage 

Nitro_Tank #5 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6713 battles
Arties dealing 500+ damage is just lame. Theyre supposed to be support vehicles not hardcore bursts that also stun...

FrantisekBascovansky #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29363 battles
del

Edited by FrantisekBascovansky, 21 August 2019 - 08:12 AM.

Cobra6 #7 Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's because most arty players still havent gotten the memo that they are supposed to stun enemies and engage heavy armor which the team will have trouble damaging.

They still go for paper targets and light tanks racing around at 70km/h as they are somehow under the illusion they need to do damage rather then support.

It's like players in the T49 with the 152mm mounted going after enemy light tanks (incorrect) instead of engaging heavy armour with their gun (correct) which their team will have trouble engaging/taking down while they will always do quite a bit of HE damage with the 152mm.

Cobra 6

WhoCares01 #8 Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21210 battles
The Italian MTs say "Hold my Chianti"  :arta:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users