Jump to content


VK75.01(K) out today


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Stevies_Team #1 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12221 battles
  • 1,200
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

Anyone got it and how are you finding it?

You should get a reasonable RNG and MM for the first week at least

 

Looks like they have seriously nerfed the main gun which at the very least should have been up there with the skorpion G



The_Naa #2 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8240 battles
  • 1,371
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

Its out already?

Quick go to the Premium Shop!!



tajj7 #3 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28171 battles
  • 16,190
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Will watch the reviews later, but will probably get one considering its so cheap

 



splash_time #4 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12838 battles
  • 397
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 21 August 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Looks like they have seriously nerfed the main gun which at the very least should have been up there with the skorpion G

 

Any details shared about it? 



Dava_117 #5 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:23 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22448 battles
  • 4,899
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 21 August 2019 - 09:21 AM, said:

Looks like they have seriously nerfed the main gun which at the very least should have been up there with the skorpion G

 

What did they nerfed the gun on? If alpha is still 490 it will be broken...



kymrel #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34172 battles
  • 921
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

Skill has tested it out. Apparently the lower front plate (and probably cupola) is made of cheese. So huge alpha but armor not so great.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGSkjRklTQ



Stevies_Team #7 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12221 battles
  • 1,200
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016

You'll just be a HP pinata for tier 9 and 10 matchups without a decent gun

 

They sit there and laff at you while slinging HEAT through your turret at will

 

The Skorpion gets some proper respect cos its got a proper gun

 

They've given it 4 rounds a minit on a nerfed gun on a tank thats going to see buckets of tier 9 and 10 battles

oh dear


Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 21 August 2019 - 10:38 AM.


tajj7 #8 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:44 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28171 battles
  • 16,190
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostDava_117, on 21 August 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

 

What did they nerfed the gun on? If alpha is still 490 it will be broken...

 

It's still 490 alpha. Reload is long, pimp it out and you can get to about 14s.

 

Gun handling is poor as well, view range is 380m, but not sure this sort of stuff will balance it out, especially considering the mobility is more E100 than Maus, so not too bad. 

 

And like I said its very cheap for a tier 8 premium heavy, its the same price pretty much as the tier 7 VK premium heavy! 

 

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 21 August 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

You'll just be a HP pinata for tier 9 and 10 matchups without a decent gun

 

They sit there and laff at you while slinging HEAT through your turret at will

 

The Skorpion gets some proper respect cos its got a proper gun

 

They've given it 4 rounds a minit on a nerfed gun on a tank thats going to see buckets of tier 9 and 10 battles

oh dear

 

Tier 8 doesn't see tier 10 that often, maybe 1 in 5/6 games at worst from my experience.

 

Plus you have 490 alpha, with decent pen (and 263 pen premium rounds), you can out trade a lot of tanks on tier 10, which is a bit absurd. 

 

It's also not super slow like a Maus and the accuracy at 0.37 is not terrible either, so it'll easily be able to play support. 

 

 


Edited by tajj7, 21 August 2019 - 10:47 AM.


Dava_117 #9 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:28 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22448 battles
  • 4,899
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Posttajj7, on 21 August 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

 

It's still 490 alpha. Reload is long, pimp it out and you can get to about 14s.

 

Gun handling is poor as well, view range is 380m, but not sure this sort of stuff will balance it out, especially considering the mobility is more E100 than Maus, so not too bad. 

 

And like I said its very cheap for a tier 8 premium heavy, its the same price pretty much as the tier 7 VK premium heavy! 

 

Exactly what I'm worried about. 490 alpha coupled with good pen and more than workable armour (it will likely be a really strong sidescraper) is exactly what tier 8 does not need. Also, while APCR have a quite heavy drop off (from 260+ to 221mm pen at 500m) AP lose just 6mm of pen at 500m. And 220 is still high to fight tier 8 HTs, so it will likely be able to engage other HT even from mid range thanks to that accuracy.

Plus DPM is not that meaningful when you have armour and can safely expose just when reloaded. 


Edited by Dava_117, 21 August 2019 - 11:31 AM.


LordMuffin #10 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 52608 battles
  • 13,306
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postkymrel, on 21 August 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Skill has tested it out. Apparently the lower front plate (and probably cupola) is made of cheese. So huge alpha but armor not so great.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGSkjRklTQ

So a tank with a non-retarded armour profile, sounds good.

 

Now WG just have to make a non-retarded gun and we got a balanced premium tank.

10:34 Added after 1 minute

View Posttajj7, on 21 August 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

 

It's still 490 alpha. Reload is long, pimp it out and you can get to about 14s.

 

Gun handling is poor as well, view range is 380m, but not sure this sort of stuff will balance it out, especially considering the mobility is more E100 than Maus, so not too bad. 

 

And like I said its very cheap for a tier 8 premium heavy, its the same price pretty much as the tier 7 VK premium heavy! 

 

 

Tier 8 doesn't see tier 10 that often, maybe 1 in 5/6 games at worst from my experience.

 

Plus you have 490 alpha, with decent pen (and 263 pen premium rounds), you can out trade a lot of tanks on tier 10, which is a bit absurd. 

 

It's also not super slow like a Maus and the accuracy at 0.37 is not terrible either, so it'll easily be able to play support. 

 

 

490 alpha still to high for T8 heavies imo.

They should have maxed out at 390/400 imo.



tajj7 #11 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28171 battles
  • 16,190
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostDava_117, on 21 August 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

 

Exactly what I'm worried about. 490 alpha coupled with good pen and more than workable armour (it will likely be a really strong sidescraper) is exactly what tier 8 does not need. Also, while APCR have a quite heavy drop off (from 260+ to 221mm pen at 500m) AP lose just 6mm of pen at 500m. And 220 is still high to fight tier 8 HTs, so it will likely be able to engage other HT even from mid range thanks to that accuracy.

Plus DPM is not that meaningful when you have armour and can safely expose just when reloaded. 

 

Also with those 15% discounts WG throw out after a half decent game, you can get this thing for £20.

 

It's an absolute no brainer IMO for an average player as that price as you have only have to do 3 shots for basically 1.5k damage, and you have enough armour/HP to trade 3-4 times to do that, and you have enough standard pen to not need to worry about profit, and the alpha means even tier 10s will be wary, you can 4 shot most tier 10 meds. 



TankkiPoju #12 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23607 battles
  • 7,236
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Posttajj7, on 21 August 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

It's an absolute no brainer IMO for an average player as that price as you have only have to do 3 shots for basically 1.5k damage, and you have enough armour/HP to trade 3-4 times to do that, and you have enough standard pen to not need to worry about profit, and the alpha means even tier 10s will be wary, you can 4 shot most tier 10 meds. 

 

And unlike with tanks like Skorpion G, VK7501k can literally drive up to the enemy and shoot at point blank range.. .well at least on city maps :)



tajj7 #13 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28171 battles
  • 16,190
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostTankkiPoju, on 21 August 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

 

And unlike with tanks like Skorpion G, VK7501k can literally drive up to the enemy and shoot at point blank range.. .well at least on city maps :)

 

Yep and it'll bounce stuff, even high tier high pen guns will bounce of it as it has plenty of angles to auto-bounce.  

 

To me it looks like a tier 8 E100 with probably slightly more reliable armour, it's a massive gun, with a big amount of hit points, and some armour with weakspoints, all you need to do is trade efficiently and you'll have a decent game. 


Edited by tajj7, 21 August 2019 - 12:10 PM.


Balc0ra #14 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72742 battles
  • 20,668
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Tbh I was hoping more for the med then this one during gamescom.

 

View Posttajj7, on 21 August 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

 

It's still 490 alpha. Reload is long, pimp it out and you can get to about 14s.

 

Gun handling is poor as well, view range is 380m, but not sure this sort of stuff will balance it out, especially considering the mobility is more E100 than Maus, so not too bad. 

 

And like I said its very cheap for a tier 8 premium heavy, its the same price pretty much as the tier 7 VK premium heavy! 

 

 

Still has a tiny bit more power to weight vs the Lowe, but lower top speed. And even has a tiny bit more DPM for that longer reload and alpha trade. But worse dispersion and pen vs the Lowe. Inspecting the armor it seems like it can use the side as well as the Lowe, as in as long as you don't over angle it, most will bounce off. If you do, everyone will pen it. And 40mm more on the lower plate makes it less of hassle in the open.

 

But the turn off for me is the turret that seems worse off hull down. As the mantle is way smaller vs the Lowe, and it's 250 effective next to it, and 230 higher up. So Chinese HEAT can eat it up even from the Alpine Tiger. And the rooftop plate is going up at an angle. It's 40mm. So I suspect 122mm and higher can even overmatch that if they see it. Tho for lower profile hulls, I suspect that's not an easy area to hit. So Lowe still... seems like a better deal for my style to be worth it on paper atm.

 

Not seen many of them yet. But someone should test the roof vs a 122.



Ceeb #15 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32567 battles
  • 6,170
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View Posttajj7, on 21 August 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

Yep and it'll bounce stuff, even high tier high pen guns will bounce of it as it has plenty of angles to auto-bounce.  

 

To me it looks like a tier 8 E100 with probably slightly more reliable armour, it's a massive gun, with a big amount of hit points, and some armour with weakspoints, all you need to do is trade efficiently and you'll have a decent game. 

 

Looks like a freaking arty magnet to me.



Karasu_Hidesuke #16 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:21 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 17021 battles
  • 4,551
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
.. along with its shy pears. :hiding:

Fansadox #17 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 10830 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    09-13-2010
Does anyone have a rental code for this?

LIL_Veky #18 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 13662 battles
  • 161
  • [BTU] BTU
  • Member since:
    10-31-2015

View Posttajj7, on 21 August 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

 

It's still 490 alpha. Reload is long, pimp it out and you can get to about 14s.

 

Gun handling is poor as well, view range is 380m, but not sure this sort of stuff will balance it out, especially considering the mobility is more E100 than Maus, so not too bad. 

 

And like I said its very cheap for a tier 8 premium heavy, its the same price pretty much as the tier 7 VK premium heavy! 

 

 

Tier 8 doesn't see tier 10 that often, maybe 1 in 5/6 games at worst from my experience.

 

Plus you have 490 alpha, with decent pen (and 263 pen premium rounds), you can out trade a lot of tanks on tier 10, which is a bit absurd. 

 

It's also not super slow like a Maus and the accuracy at 0.37 is not terrible either, so it'll easily be able to play support. 

 

 

It's balanced, lower plate is cheese and its slow, i raped a platoon of those 2 games in a row with my 53tp, so thats saying something






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users