Jump to content


No team damage, from dream to nightmare.


  • Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Fr33Fighter #1 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:16 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 551 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    03-07-2018

I dont know how your experience with this goes so far, but since the team damage was disabled i get all kinds of A-holes driving in front of me and blocking my shoots, before they ware more considerate, they took into account the chance that they might get shot and lose a chunk of their HP, i admit, it was not once i pushed a player into enemy fire out of the sheer frustration that not once but multiple times they blocked my shoots. (Yeah, yeah, give me hate for that, i dont care)

 

I try to avoid being the kind of player that i hate so much, but i get so frustrated that i just say F it, id rather have them killed and one less "team mate" than having 3-4 shots blocked.

They just dont care when blocking you anymore, they just jump in front of you, no matter if they had the option to take the shot without blocking yours, out of pure convenience they just take the short route and block you.  



Mr_Burrows #2 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 48557 battles
  • 2,228
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
  • Member since:
    02-17-2012
I think the change is more of a benefit than a downfall. I really appreciate being able getting out of spawn without having my light tanks being bumped down 20-50 hp by pure accidents in the initial flurry to get out of base. 

Gruff_ #3 Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21465 battles
  • 1,079
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
You can drive without thinking or consequence of lost hp from crashes etc now, that's not a good thing I'm seeing more bumping and malicious barging.

Miepie #4 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 3997 battles
  • 1,045
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostGruff_, on 21 August 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

I'm seeing more malicious barging.

...River pirates? :izmena:



JCD3nton #5 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:39 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27712 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013

You just called shooting your own teammates "the dream". You were one of those who enjoyed team killing, weren't you? :trollface:

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think this is the shortest story of team damage. Being able to damage and kill your own teammates make you feel you have some kind of power over them, and you eventually start using that power in a toxic way. First you hit people who hit you. Then you start shooting people whose game style you didn't like. Finally you start killing players just because you don't like their names.

There were so many people who liked to play God that it turned the community more toxic and violent everyday.

I think the patch did more good than bad. People are less tense now and they can finally focus on killing the enemy. Blocks will happen every once or twice in a while, but again they used to happen before.



iuytr #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:32 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 12082 battles
  • 710
  • Member since:
    06-04-2015
It works both ways. If someone annoys you sufficiently you can now follow him around for the whole battle bumping him as he tries to shoot and he can't do anything about it :D

Edited by iuytr, 22 August 2019 - 12:32 AM.


Negativvv #7 Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:56 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13129 battles
  • 1,819
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I prefer it...


Much harder for the common !diot to troll.

 

Although there are still a surprising amount of people who waste credits and ammo by trying to TK you.

 



NoobySkooby #8 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:08 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16975 battles
  • 4,955
  • [D3NK] D3NK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
It means you cannot team kill the assholes, shame really as people will find creative ways to annoy team mates who annoy them.
00:08 Added after 0 minute

View Postiuytr, on 22 August 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

It works both ways. If someone annoys you sufficiently you can now follow him around for the whole battle bumping him as he tries to shoot and he can't do anything about it :D

Lol yes, and turn the chat off while you do:trollface:



GrannyPanties #9 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:15 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1136 battles
  • 123
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014
We call those love bumps. It means he like you

OmniWalou #10 Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 552
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

So someone ''blocked OP's shot and stole his damage'', so OP pushed them into enemy fire... How on earth does that come out any other way than OP being 100% at fault? You don't get the reserve the damage in the game, if you want to do damage, then compete for it. Don't cry afterwards and especially don't start abusing physics and push the other person in front of enemies.

 

May I have the replay? I definitely will not send it to support to get you banned.


Edited by OmniWalou, 22 August 2019 - 03:51 AM.


KINGPIN65 #11 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:04 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13497 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    01-04-2016

People did the same stuff when FF was on and it was much worse.Nothing changed other than the standart whine regarding this topic.
Before: Friendly drove in front of me and took my shot then shot me back in return and we both lost hp

Now: Friendly blocked my shot

 



Bordhaw #12 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14894 battles
  • 4,856
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostFr33Fighter, on 21 August 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

I dont know how your experience with this goes so far, but since the team damage was disabled i get all kinds of A-holes driving in front of me and blocking my shoots, before they ware more considerate, they took into account the chance that they might get shot and lose a chunk of their HP, i admit, it was not once i pushed a player into enemy fire out of the sheer frustration that not once but multiple times they blocked my shoots. (Yeah, yeah, give me hate for that, i dont care)

 

I try to avoid being the kind of player that i hate so much, but i get so frustrated that i just say F it, id rather have them killed and one less "team mate" than having 3-4 shots blocked.

They just dont care when blocking you anymore, they just jump in front of you, no matter if they had the option to take the shot without blocking yours, out of pure convenience they just take the short route and block you.  

 



Dorander #13 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:09 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21025 battles
  • 6,011
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

The funny bit is that some people complain that others sit in front of them and block their shot due to this change and others complain that people sit behind them so they take enemy fire due to this change. So which is it? This just sounds like a generic "People still don't do what I want and now I can't shoot them for it" complaint.

 

There's also the simple fact that if you position correctly, nobody's going to want to be right in front of you (or right behind you for that matter) in nearly every practical situation.



15JG52Brauer #14 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:16 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 81561 battles
  • 732
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

Generally speaking I feel like I have been less trolled in light tanks since FF was removed - and if someone does push me out or off a cliff I have had the satisfaction of crafting a well worded ticket to support for physics abuse with replay and screenshots etc, which has been responded to really quickly, and with a real response. Obviously they donttell you what the outcome was - but I have noticed that the players who trolled me stopped playing within minutes of support respoonding too my ticket, and took maybe a 3 day break. Could be coincidence , but I think not - so if the trolls are being punished now, then the power is in our hands to report them, so they get the message that it's not acceptable behaviour. I am happier to have to do that than to be shot in the backside by Steve in his IS7 because I didnt yolo scout (Happened so many times - I'd be sat in a bush, spotted 6-10 enemey tanks, on 5k assistance , when Steve or similar decides ti put an HE shell into my LT and sets me on fire - sure he goes blue, but it ruined many a game and many a mission just because some idiot didnt understand how spotting works and thinks all LTs need to yolo spot or they arent doing their job. Also now the self apointed judge jury and executioners cant use the gun barrell trick on arty which is also a good thing.

  Heavy tank brawling feels a bit more messy now, but generally can be avoided by letting the more challenged players go first as meat shields if you can so they dont push you, but as I mostly play heavy tanks in Skirmishes, advances or CW not randoms it's not a major issue for me - but I can see why some get annoyed at that aspect of things - but then there were always idiots before -at least now I wont accidentally set them on fire when they push in front of me and get banned cos they were too dumb to use a fire extinguisher.


Edited by 15JG52Brauer, 22 August 2019 - 11:18 AM.


Fr33Fighter #15 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 551 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    03-07-2018

View PostJCD3nton, on 21 August 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

You just called shooting your own teammates "the dream". You were one of those who enjoyed team killing, weren't you? :trollface:

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely. I think this is the shortest story of team damage. Being able to damage and kill your own teammates make you feel you have some kind of power over them, and you eventually start using that power in a toxic way. First you hit people who hit you. Then you start shooting people whose game style you didn't like. Finally you start killing players just because you don't like their names.

There were so many people who liked to play God that it turned the community more toxic and violent everyday.

I think the patch did more good than bad. People are less tense now and they can finally focus on killing the enemy. Blocks will happen every once or twice in a while, but again they used to happen before.

On what drugs are you? Could you read again? The dream was that we finally have no team damage, the nightmare is that the a=holes block your shoots.

10:30 Added after 3 minute

View PostOmniWalou, on 22 August 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

So someone ''blocked OP's shot and stole his damage'', so OP pushed them into enemy fire... How on earth does that come out any other way than OP being 100% at fault? You don't get the reserve the damage in the game, if you want to do damage, then compete for it. Don't cry afterwards and especially don't start abusing physics and push the other person in front of enemies.

 

May I have the replay? I definitely will not send it to support to get you banned.

Read again, i said 4+ shoots blocked, i get to a point where i have enough, before they gave a crap if they ware to block your shoots as it would mean they would get damaged, now they dont, they just block your shoots in order for them to do damage, that is selfish and i dont regret pushing them, they got what they asked for

10:39 Added after 12 minute

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 22 August 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

Generally speaking I feel like I have been less trolled in light tanks since FF was removed - and if someone does push me out or off a cliff I have had the satisfaction of crafting a well worded ticket to support for physics abuse with replay and screenshots etc, which has been responded to really quickly, and with a real response. Obviously they donttell you what the outcome was - but I have noticed that the players who trolled me stopped playing within minutes of support respoonding too my ticket, and took maybe a 3 day break. Could be coincidence , but I think not - so if the trolls are being punished now, then the power is in our hands to report them, so they get the message that it's not acceptable behaviour. I am happier to have to do that than to be shot in the backside by Steve in his IS7 because I didnt yolo scout (Happened so many times - I'd be sat in a bush, spotted 6-10 enemey tanks, on 5k assistance , when Steve or similar decides ti put an HE shell into my LT and sets me on fire - sure he goes blue, but it ruined many a game and many a mission just because some idiot didnt understand how spotting works and thinks all LTs need to yolo spot or they arent doing their job. Also now the self apointed judge jury and executioners cant use the gun barrell trick on arty which is also a good thing.

  Heavy tank brawling feels a bit more messy now, but generally can be avoided by letting the more challenged players go first as meat shields if you can so they dont push you, but as I mostly play heavy tanks in Skirmishes, advances or CW not randoms it's not a major issue for me - but I can see why some get annoyed at that aspect of things - but then there were always idiots before -at least now I wont accidentally set them on fire when they push in front of me and get banned cos they were too dumb to use a fire extinguisher.

My point was that because there is no penalty for blocking other peoples shoots the players became careless, they dont care if they block your shot anymore, because there is nothing that would happen to them, when i am near someone i dont just drive in front of them just to take my shot, since they are exposed its clear that they either aim or are pre aimed waiting for someone to peak, i just wait for them to take their shot than i can do my thing, but most people are careless and do whatever, i started taking positions near walls just so nobody has space to drive in front of me, no matter that there was a better position 2 meters away in which i could have my lower plate covered. 



Geoffrey_Ironfist #16 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:40 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27810 battles
  • 414
  • [YBB] YBB
  • Member since:
    06-23-2018

View PostDorander, on 22 August 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

The funny bit is that some people complain that others sit in front of them and block their shot due to this change and others complain that people sit behind them so they take enemy fire due to this change. So which is it? This just sounds like a generic "People still don't do what I want and now I can't shoot them for it" complaint.

 

There's also the simple fact that if you position correctly, nobody's going to want to be right in front of you (or right behind you for that matter) in nearly every practical situation.

 

It is rare that I get blocked and if I point it out after the battle, the team mate has always apologised. It can happen, it was happening also before disabling friendly fire, it is frustrating but not the end of the world. No reason to shoot a team mate for it, unless he unpredictably gets in the way just as you were shooting, in which case I have always apologised.



antinor #17 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18982 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
Allthough you are right and more people try to steal kills and damage, I have found myself many times taking shots that i wouldnt have out of fear of team damage. Snipe for cupolas for example while a pipi shooter actually driving in my line of sight. You have to see the good aspects along with the bad. I am still against FF turned off because it actually dumps the game although I still suck as a player. And all the professionals who like to shoot at teammates that dont play the way THEY want them to should join the army and see how real proffesionals deal with team damage.

tajj7 #18 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28171 battles
  • 16,191
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

Replay?

 

What I am consistently seeing in these threads complaining about FF being off and people are being blocked, pushed etc. far more now is that I have not seen one single replay as evidence this is happening.

 

And as my experience is this is not happening anymore than it used to, I am struggling to see a problem.

 

I agree with the person above, I feel most of these complaints are people who want to be able to shoot their team mates for perceived 'wrongs' done against them, basically to have the power to lash out at team mates they don't like or aren't doing what they thing they should. 



15JG52Brauer #19 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 81561 battles
  • 732
  • [WHO] WHO
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View Posttajj7, on 22 August 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

Replay?

 

What I am consistently seeing in these threads complaining about FF being off and people are being blocked, pushed etc. far more now is that I have not seen one single replay as evidence this is happening.

 

And as my experience is this is not happening anymore than it used to, I am struggling to see a problem.

 

I agree with the person above, I feel most of these complaints are people who want to be able to shoot their team mates for perceived 'wrongs' done against them, basically to have the power to lash out at team mates they don't like or aren't doing what they thing they should. 

 

Skip to 10:04 iff you want to see someone pushing me out for no reason in frontlines http://wotreplays.eu...5a6bb56e9201a8  or here if you want to see someone just push me all game - http://wotreplays.eu...a6bb56e9201a8   - Not sure if I should post these under name and shame rules etc - but I am not naming them in this post and it's up to you to judge if what they did was wrong or not - so I am not accusing them , just showing you their actions.

To be honest though I still prefer having FF off - I'd rather deal with these idiots than have someone team kill me.

 



Fr33Fighter #20 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 551 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    03-07-2018

View Posttajj7, on 22 August 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Replay?

 

What I am consistently seeing in these threads complaining about FF being off and people are being blocked, pushed etc. far more now is that I have not seen one single replay as evidence this is happening.

 

And as my experience is this is not happening anymore than it used to, I am struggling to see a problem.

 

I agree with the person above, I feel most of these complaints are people who want to be able to shoot their team mates for perceived 'wrongs' done against them, basically to have the power to lash out at team mates they don't like or aren't doing what they thing they should. 

Now, excuse me but 70% of the players are under 1k wn8 bots, even if i ware to see a unicum shooting at one of them id say nothing, because they are plain useless, thousands of games played and they learn nothing, its not like its a loss, i wish wg would introduce skill based mm so the bots wont ruin other's games, same for me, sometimes i am the reason some people get their game f'd, im no unicum, 1,7k recent wn8 (sometimes more, sometimes less) is not much, there are people with 6k wn8, they should not be forced to play with plebs like me.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users