Suggestion: Different paint scuffness levels

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Nitro_Tank #1 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:27 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6713 battles

This is somewhat oriented along the skin system in CS:GO. 

Since WG is continuing to increase the customization system (which would be real nice if it was all purchaseable with silver too btw),  i thought what i would like my tank to look like.

I have some great paints from events and such, but sometimes they look a little too scuffed for my liking.

How about we have different levels how much the paint is scratched/faded? 

I'd love my tank to look like it just rolled on the battlefield for the first time, the shining jewel. Perhaps when you "rent" the paint for 100 games it starts as looking brand new (optionally) and continuously scratches/fades more and more (optionally)?

Edited by Nitro_Tank, 22 August 2019 - 01:28 AM.

ilosz #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15098 battles

View PostNitro_Tank, on 22 August 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

This is somewhat oriented along the skin system in CS:GO. 

Since WG is continuing to increase the customization system (which would be real nice if it was all purchaseable with silver too btw),  i thought what i would like my tank to look like.

I have some great paints from events and such, but sometimes they look a little too scuffed for my liking.

How about we have different levels how much the paint is scratched/faded? 

I'd love my tank to look like it just rolled on the battlefield for the first time, the shining jewel. Perhaps when you "rent" the paint for 100 games it starts as looking brand new (optionally) and continuously scratches/fades more and more (optionally)?

Splendid idea! I would love to see the battle wear's progression, it would make the game so much more immersive!

Negativvv #3 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13110 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Hate to break it to you but worn camos exist.

You just have to pay for it :coin:

ilosz #4 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15098 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 22 August 2019 - 01:51 AM, said:

He was talking about something that changes dynamically as you play more and more battles.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72692 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
 Actually been suggested a few times over the years. And something I've always wanted to see too. As in you can see who is playing their first 10 battles in it, and one that has over 1K in their tank.

Nitro_Tank #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6713 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 22 August 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

I was also suggesting it to go the other way, to look brand new. Like the tank was just manufactured and painted and rolled out. Any paint i try to apply, it still has scratches and bumps and shot marks and all that.

00:59 Added after 1 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 August 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

Actually been suggested a few times over the years. And something I've always wanted to see too. As in you can see who is playing their first 10 battles in it, and one that has over 1K in their tank.

And now that customization is expanded more and more i guess its more relevant than ever!

As i suggested above i would also like dynamic scratching over time as an option when you buy a "brand-new" shiny painted tank. What you suggested is also pretty cool as an alternative to that to show the experience one has. The tough beaten up tank has seen everything :D

Edited by Nitro_Tank, 22 August 2019 - 02:01 AM.

StronkiTonki #7 Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 34065 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

Paints and camos automatically fading or the tanks rusting/getting dirty and stuff like that over time, the more battles you play in it?

Seems like a pretty neat little idea imo.

I guess it should come with a cheap credit option to "renew" the state of the tank though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users