Private

• Player
  • 1309 battles

PROS
- No team damage
- No ramming damage
- No getting banned for TK / team damage

CONS
- Explosion of butt-humpers, unhappy that you dare challenge their claim to a specific fief on the map
- Having to report said surprise lovers every 4th / 5th game

- "Report people for abusing game mechanics" - More unnecessary work for WG, more frustration for the legitimate players who get no confirmation for their reports (I bet these reports also get reviewed by an automated system)
- Players purposely jumping in front of your gun to block your shot and claim more damage
- Unable to retaliate against a [edited]who gives you the sausage (yes team damage is an offense, but potentially getting a 150-400dmg slam into the engine deck and getting your match ruined will make the [edited]think twice before pushing someone else again)

GG,WP  Wargaming.

This is the kind of bs that made me delete a 10k battle account.

Let me guess, your next fix is an algorithm that attempts to differentiate between accidental bumps and purposeful pushing?
One step forward, 10km back.

Edited by PetreskoBG, 22 August 2019 - 02:46 AM.

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12221 battles

I just don't see what the big deal about either approach is...

sorry

Team damage is more realistic though

PetreskoBG #3 Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1309 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 22 August 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

I just don't see what the big deal about either approach is...

sorry

Team damage is more realistic though

WoT has nothing to do with realism anymore - diddly-squat.

Maschinenkanone #4 Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44821 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

View PostTTRPetreskoBG, on 22 August 2019 - 02:19 AM, said:

WoT has nothing to do with realism anymore - diddly-squat.

Well, at least tanks cant fly so far. So some kind of "realism" is still there. ;)

From the gameplay point of view friendly fire was quite some interesting feature. I miss ti

tajj7 #5 Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28171 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

IMO most people who are against team damage are the angry players who abused the system because they liked to be judge, jury and executioner against players who they think 'wronged' them in some way. 

I also think that people who are consistently getting bumped/pushed in positions are more often than not probably causing a problem. 

If you are genuine innocent victim of physics abuse send the replay to support and they will deal with the player. 

I have not had any issues of people pushing me or bumping into to me anymore than normal or used to be when friendly fire was on, with the vast majority of it being accidental and it usually stops there. So I have to wonder what these people who are complaining about being pushed about are actually doing and what their level of involvement is, I suspect there are a lot of obnoxious/unaware players out there who push/block others, don't notice what they have done and then when others react to them by pushing them back they get all upset (and would have previously probably shot the person). 

IMO if you play the game normally, with awareness of your teammates, none of this happens and idiots who decide you aren't doing the right thing or you have done something to them now can't spoil your game by taking your HP, so its a great change for me. 

Ceeb #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32567 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Game is so much better without team damage.  OP, whats your real accout?

lime_vortep #7 Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11986 battles
  • [BGAVP] BGAVP
I like that there is no team damage. Different opinions I guess. 

SuperOlsson #8 Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23919 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM
Got a few replays of said occurrences of ramming?

Balc0ra #9 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72742 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPetreskoBG, on 22 August 2019 - 02:45 AM, said:

- Unable to retaliate against a [edited]who gives you the sausage (yes team damage is an offense, but potentially getting a 150-400dmg slam into the engine deck and getting your match ruined will make the [edited]think twice before pushing someone else again)

Yes, there are pros and cons on having team damage as not having it like now. But that reason there is why it got removed in the first place. Because ruining it for your team by lowering it's total HP was a good reason for making him think twice. But more so then not... it only made them fire back was running away reconsidering things.

And yes I hate the fact that now there is no risk or friendly positions to consider. And you just block your guns to steal damage or kills. Or arty just group stunning all your armor to hit one enemy tank they grouped up on. But still. Most games it's not something you notice vs before tbh. As the abuse I feared would increase with it off. Has not really happened yet.

tank276 #10 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53835 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
I would prefer if there was team damage again, when a fellow team mate got offline while speeding, u could go for the track shot and save him. :hiding:

Bordhaw #11 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostPetreskoBG, on 22 August 2019 - 01:45 AM, said:

This is the kind of bs that made me delete a 10k battle account.

LincolnTank #12 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10253 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yeah I really do miss being caught by an allied Sh*tbarn and annihilated......not

truoste #13 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42120 battles

View Posttajj7, on 22 August 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

IMO most people who are against team damage are the angry players who abused the system because they liked to be judge, jury and executioner against players who they think 'wronged' them in some way. 

I also think that people who are consistently getting bumped/pushed in positions are more often than not probably causing a problem. 

If you are genuine innocent victim of physics abuse send the replay to support and they will deal with the player. 

I have not had any issues of people pushing me or bumping into to me anymore than normal or used to be when friendly fire was on, with the vast majority of it being accidental and it usually stops there. So I have to wonder what these people who are complaining about being pushed about are actually doing and what their level of involvement is, I suspect there are a lot of obnoxious/unaware players out there who push/block others, don't notice what they have done and then when others react to them by pushing them back they get all upset (and would have previously probably shot the person). 

IMO if you play the game normally, with awareness of your teammates, none of this happens and idiots who decide you aren't doing the right thing or you have done something to them now can't spoil your game by taking your HP, so its a great change for me. 

This pretty much summarizes it all. It is unbelievable how people think that allowing teamdamage solves anything as they themselves usually explain how they could just like to shoot at the ally bumbing into them and "solve" the problem.

tajj7 #14 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28171 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posttruoste, on 22 August 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

This pretty much summarizes it all. It is unbelievable how people think that allowing teamdamage solves anything as they themselves usually explain how they could just like to shoot at the ally bumbing into them and "solve" the problem.

Which is shown by the unsurprising lack of replays people bring out when they complain about this, showing either they are exaggerating or that the replay would show they are far from innocent and all they really want is their power to shoot people back who they don't like. 

LIL_Veky #15 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13662 battles
  • [BTU] BTU

View Posttajj7, on 22 August 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

Nope reporting doesnt work. i trolled a player two games in a row a few nights ago and yet i didnt get any warning. 

Robbie_T #16 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20141 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Depends whats happening...

Sometimes you need to give your spot up.

If theres a LT holding a spot and the Maus and super heavys arrive you must give up your spot.

lately the LT wanna hold the spot block his superheavys and the heavys must over angle becuase mr lt with his pee shooter wanna hold that spot.

Got absolutly no problem if those super heavys push him away

Campers.....how many Skoda t27 we had on the tjech event camping the backline to infinity taking spots of tds ....got no problem if a experienced paper td push that skoda out of his spot.

What i have seen over the 4 years that i am playing that lately since 2019 xp boosting.....you got a lot of players that really donbt know wtf they doing...

And the times i got pushed out of a spot will be 10 times over 4 years of playing.....and 20k games.

So people who get pushed a lot maybe you are doing something wrong!

Edited by Robbie_T, 22 August 2019 - 01:48 PM.

truoste #17 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42120 battles

View Posttajj7, on 22 August 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

Which is shown by the unsurprising lack of replays people bring out when they complain about this, showing either they are exaggerating or that the replay would show they are far from innocent and all they really want is their power to shoot people back who they don't like. 

And at the same time some of them wonder why teamdamage was removed. I am sure there are multitude of words to describe this behavior and these people but all I get is edited when I try.

All that time being wasted being annoyed because there is an ally near by which may have bumbed into them or they may have bumbed into that ally could be spent shooting at enemies, but these fine gentlemen are not having it and would very much like to teach some lesson by shooting at allies... no wonder teams are so bad that enemies are hardly ever needed to lose the game. 

Edited by truoste, 22 August 2019 - 01:53 PM.

24doom24 #18 Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8343 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Why do people like losing HP to their teammates?

Posted Image

250swb #19 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post24doom24, on 22 August 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Why do people like losing HP to their teammates?

Posted Image

They don't, but by removing team damage Wargaming are pandering to the very people who repeatedly do it and helping them stay in the game, only now they are blocking and generally abusing the game physics. Instead of banning them from the game the collective ineffectual whine of 'but he shot me, please do something about it' caused Wargaming to wag a finger at them instead. So you lost and the team killers won, maybe next time something like this crops up people will realise they need to stand up to the bully instead of giving him your pocket money.

tajj7 #20 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28171 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post250swb, on 23 August 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

So you lost and the team killers won, maybe next time something like this crops up people will realise they need to stand up to the bully instead of giving him your pocket money.

How have 'we lost' exactly?

Angry players who think they can dictate to people what they should be doing in game by team damaging them and careless players who just allies with no care, are now ruining peoples games.

That is a massive win.

And all these claims about all this blocking is just massive exaggerations, its not happening. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users