• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

martinxploren #1 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20229 battles
  • [14T] 14T

Hi 

After todays small update was released i downloaded it and played a couple games then i came back later (maybe 5 hours later,my pc was in sleep mode), woke it up and launched the game, it logged me in, then i spend maybe 1 min in garage and my pc crashed down, i turned it on (the black screen with white letters popped up and i obviously chose start windows normally) then i waited some time launched the game again and the same thing happened but when the pc turned on i got a notification from game center (wg) that the game was deleted i checked the files and it really was. So when i launched game center to see if it really was so, i went on the wot section and i had to download it it took a while so i think it was downloaded almost whole again, i tried to launch the game in safe mode but when it logged me in my account (garage) after some time (1 min) my pc crashed again. i would be grateful for some advice. This whole thing is really strange to me because i didn t have any update of my windows or some drivers etc today, farther more i have never had a problem with  my Pc when playing games for a long time especially WoT, so i think it s definitely not overheated

Thank u for your time.

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles
I've been disconnected a few times mid-battle for whatever reason but no issues in garage.

4nt #3 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28789 battles
Nothing like this, u sure you have all to date?

jeffrey_mk2 #4 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14306 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

Im having the same issues , not very frequently..... some days I dont have it and some days its like 6 times in a hour.
But 2 patches ago I didnt had these kind of problems (I had it in the past too, like more then a year ago).

I had problems with my graphics card from nvidia , a 1050ti , wich had some weird errors.

What fixed my problem was turning "hardware acceleration" in my Google webbrowser off (because strangly that was causing errors when I played games) and playing the game in windowed mode made it a lot better.

Now Im just playing with a better pc since then but got the same problems again since 2 patches (still 1050ti though haha).

RamRaid90 #5 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Your PC crashed. Literally  has nothing to do with WoT.

Crashing to desktop maybe, but completely shutting down is a you problem.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33774 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postmartinxploren, on 22 August 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

the pc turned on i got a notification from game center (wg) that the game was deleted i checked the files and it really was. So when i launched game center to see if it really was so, i went on the wot section and i had to download it

Uh-

I've never heard of a game crashing so hard it deletes itself, that's just ridiculous!

If this turns out to be some widespread issue, I might not play WoT until it's resolved.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 8926 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 22 August 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

Uh-

I've never heard of a game crashing so hard it deletes itself, that's just ridiculous!

If this turns out to be some widespread issue, I might not play WoT until it's resolved.

Uh... I have actually...

And that was Fallout 76.

Not joking either.

As for the OP's issue:

What is your PC configuration?

Did you upgrade your graphics drivers to the latest version? (Nvidia had new ones last tueday.)

If your Windows up-to-date?

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33774 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 22 August 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

Uh... I have actually...

And that was Fallout 76.

Not joking either.

On a coding-badness scale of 1-10, that's a solid million.

Just...how?

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 8926 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 22 August 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

On a coding-badness scale of 1-10, that's a solid million.

Just...how?

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23278 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
PC version of Chrono Trigger has a bug that may cause the save game files to be deleted on a crash. Just saying, programming is hard :)

Homer_J #11 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmartinxploren, on 22 August 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

Hi 

After todays small update was released i downloaded it and played a couple games then i came back later (maybe 5 hours later,my pc was in sleep mode), woke it up and launched the game, it logged me in, then i spend maybe 1 min in garage and my pc crashed down, i turned it on (the black screen with white letters popped up and i obviously chose start windows normally) then i waited some time launched the game again and the same thing happened but when the pc turned on i got a notification from game center (wg) that the game was deleted i checked the files and it really was. So when i launched game center to see if it really was so, i went on the wot section and i had to download it it took a while so i think it was downloaded almost whole again, i tried to launch the game in safe mode but when it logged me in my account (garage) after some time (1 min) my pc crashed again. i would be grateful for some advice. This whole thing is really strange to me because i didn t have any update of my windows or some drivers etc today, farther more i have never had a problem with  my Pc when playing games for a long time especially WoT, so i think it s definitely not overheated

Thank u for your time.

Sounds like you have a major system problem.  Maybe hard drive or memory failure in the offing.

HaZardeur #12 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 36658 battles
Dear OP, had the same issue couple of patches back. Ofc all the smart people came along with the usual "uninstall mods ( I play without mods ), update drivers, update everything & do a naked dance around an oak at fullmoon"... nothing helped. Then next patch came and it was gone. If you check the tech corner of the forum you will find several threads with similar cases... its usually gone after next patch but no one every figured out what is the cause.

Edited by HaZardeur, 23 August 2019 - 08:49 AM.

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostHaZardeur, on 23 August 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

Dear OP, had the same issue couple of patches back. Ofc all the smart people came along with the usual "uninstall mods ( I play without mods ), update drivers, update everything & do a naked dance around an oak at fullmoon"... nothing helped. Then next patch came and it was gone. If you check the tech corner of the forum you will find several threads with similar cases... its usually gone after next patch but no one every figured out what is the cause.

Also, any normal person when a PC crashes to boot mode rather than just to desktop would automatically assume a system problem. That's par for the course.

Edited by RamRaid90, 23 August 2019 - 05:47 PM.

jeffrey_mk2 #14 Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14306 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
I can tell ya , sometimes my computer is on for the whole evening ,at some point I start up wot and enter the garage.
Go to the kitchen to get something to drink and my whole pc freezes.
But I can play any other game without problems for hours.
There is something in wot causing this but what exactly....no clue.
Ive been trying a lot of different things in gpu settings other ram memory, other gpu drivers etc.... it still does this sometimes but not a lot (like I had in the past(
The weirdest thing is that the only thing that works is to completely reset by holding my power button.
Then my pc just reboots like nothing happen

Also tagged with Gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users