Running business

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

quumies #1 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22365 battles

This might be taken as open letter to wargaming. You have created great game which I have played over 8 years. I havent played almost any games since. Sure adult with family and own business hasnt so much time anyway. This is fps for adults, which aint many on market.

I run my business with same principles as any other. I try to make as much money as possible. Ofcourse I have to take note that customers have to be happy after buying something and there will be always competitors. So running business is somehow like dancing on rope. Gaming business must have even thinner rope, so when you do mistake, you are done.

Cant figure why wargaming cant see so clear faults they are making. Say what you say this game is very rigged. It isnt all matchmaking, but when you are losing you and your team will have more module damages, shots miss lot more often, bounce lot more etc. You could say bad luck, but when it shows clearly on losing streak phase, it is frustrating.  Maybe some rigging is needed for enjoyable gameplay, but this is just too visible. You can argue that, but I have played games since 80s. Many multiplayer games last 20 years and havent seen anything like this rigging ever. 

Also these op reward tanks like 907, 279, and chieftaint95whatever. Why give these for free to someone and regular players have no change to get it. Deathstar or wheeled ebr would be much more better reward tanks. Unique, but not op. These really are spoiling gameplay. And when you are losing streak, there is always least one enemy with one of those. If you have to shoot your own leg, why do it for free?

I understand business side of this game. You could be just honest and say " better luck costs 100€/year " That would be much more honest. You have to do business, but bad luck and constant losing is just too harsh. Me myself have decided to continue playing, but I will finance tier x playing with tanks that I am not playing anymore. I hope it will last maybe end of 2020. Then I guess there will be something more interesting to play after 10 years.

staurinsh #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34702 battles
They dont care. You can say what you want, they just dont care.

Frostilicus #3 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 23551 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

All these people who are so sure the game is rigged, and convinced that they are a far better in business than WG - surely there's a gap in the market for a non-rigged and fair game that one of these "experts" could exploit? ;)

The clan reward tanks (and the personal mission ones for that matter), require a certain amount of achievement, be it a small or large amount, that I personally am not willing to undertake, therefore I don't have them, but I certainly don't begrudge someone who puts that effort in to obtain them!

Edited by Frostilicus, 22 August 2019 - 08:17 PM.

The_Naa #4 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8317 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

if the game really is rigged so that players who pay for Tanks, Gold & Premium Account win more.

why do i have abysmal winrates on some of my premium tanks and on my account in general?

Edited by The_Naa, 22 August 2019 - 08:28 PM.

staurinsh #5 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34702 battles

You can pay money to get that cw tank, so stop this bull*hit about achievements. I have seen 45% players with 907 and they play like a donkey with 1 leg.

There is unreal to wait for some massive game changes, because minsk smartasses have made too many mistakes and as a russians, they dont like to admit own mistakes. With each patch game is plummeting down. There is more than year, a damn year, since they removed option buy ammo for gold and they said, there will be some changes. So, what changed? Nothing. Patch 1.0 new physics and new other things, another year plus, how many years do they need to fix soapy rocks, cliffs or flying caterpillar tractors and foam rock fences? And there is many more things witch they just ignore and in each QA with streamers answers the same questions with the same quotes - soon, asap, we know about this problem, we are trying to fix it, or blame hawok engine.

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31030 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postquumies, on 22 August 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

... This is fps for adults, which aint many on market...

yes... but WG are trying to make the game appeal more to younger players, and that is the cause of many problems.

malachi6 #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

More unsubstantiated claims of rigging. With evidence of I have a losing streak, therefore, rigged.   You need evidence to link these two assertions.  You may as well say I lose therefore space pixies have taken control of the game.  Both statements are equally valid without evidence.  A feeling is not evidence.  Frustration is not evidence.

Agreed, WG needs to stop giving the best tanks to the best players.  

I spent a lot of money on this game four years of premium plus extra gold from time to time.  My win rate will tell you it does not buy you luck. My win rate is down to my talent,  A little bit better than many nowhere near as good as some.  I know my limitations and my weaknesses the game does not need to be rigged for me to do as badly as I do.  I merely have to play.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postquumies, on 22 August 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

Cant figure why wargaming cant see so clear faults they are making. Say what you say this game is very rigged. It isnt all matchmaking, but when you are losing you and your team will have more module damages, shots miss lot more often, bounce lot more etc. You could say bad luck, but when it shows clearly on losing streak phase, it is frustrating.  Maybe some rigging is needed for enjoyable gameplay, but this is just too visible. You can argue that, but I have played games since 80s. Many multiplayer games last 20 years and havent seen anything like this rigging ever. 

(Snip)

I understand business side of this game. You could be just honest and say " better luck costs 100€/year " That would be much more honest. 

Naturally I assume you have some actual proof to back up your claims of rigging? I for one would love to know how you decided that your team gets more module damage when the game is being 'rigged' when that information is never provided to you, just your own damage. I assume magic?

I understand losing isn't fun. Maybe you could just be honest and say "Better win rate costs learning to be better" That would be much more honest

Laur_Balaur_XD #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37107 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

View Postquumies, on 22 August 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

Also these op reward tanks like 907, 279, and chieftaint95whatever. Why give these for free to someone and regular players have no change to get it

The key word here is 'reward'.... They are not given out for free to some privileged players as you seem to think, they are rewards for playing good and you must play quite a lot to get them. So git gud, get them and stop crying.

LATER EDIT: Also about rigging, i have bought just 1 month of premium in the last year of playing this game, many of my premium tanks i got for free at marathons and i still manage to do quite well. So yeah, explain this....

I like how people see only the bad side of this 'rigging' , like ''omg, i lost because my team was bad'' or ''omg, RNG was clearly against me this game'' , but when you get lucky or you have good teams? No one remembers that...

Yes, this game has a horrendous amount of RNG (applied to aiming, penetration and damage) that combined with total randomness of random teams (dohhhh) and very wide spread of players skill leads many times to roflstomps and very quick wins/defeats. This along with the bad maps and 3 arty per team games where basically just 6 players enjoy the game and the others 24 are victims, made me lose interest for this game.

So the answer is simple: you don't like the game? Just play anything else.

Edited by Laur_Balaur_XD, 23 August 2019 - 05:22 AM.

ChristOfTheAbyss #10 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 23 August 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

The key word here is 'reward'.... They are not given out for free to some privileged players as you seem to think, they are rewards for playing good and you must play quite a lot to get them. So git gud, get them and stop crying.

LATER EDIT: Also about rigging, i have bought just 1 month of premium in the last year of playing this game, many of my premium tanks i got for free at marathons and i still manage to do quite well. So yeah, explain this....

I like how people see only the bad side of this 'rigging' , like ''omg, i lost because my team was bad'' or ''omg, RNG was clearly against me this game'' , but when you get lucky or you have good teams? No one remembers that...

Yes, this game has a horrendous amount of RNG (applied to aiming, penetration and damage) that combined with total randomness of random teams (dohhhh) and very wide spread of players skill leads many times to roflstomps and very quick wins/defeats. This along with the bad maps and 3 arty per team games where basically just 6 players enjoy the game and the others 24 are victims, made me lose interest for this game.

So the answer is simple: you don't like the game? Just play anything else.

Also you can get all of those rewards just by being average. Seen plenty of that kind of players. They just put in the effort.

quumies #11 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22365 battles

Let me clear this. I am not saying people who have these reward etc tanks havent deserved it. They have surely put some effort, time and money to it, and they might be very talented. This all is irrelevant because they still shouldnt give anyone so much more better tanks. It is just ruining others gameplay. At business perspective they sure are paying these also, but I think it is more important that most of us are paying just playing in future.

And what comes facts about rigging. I havent got any. No one has. But after playing +20k matches I know something. You all do. I dont need to even repeat myself. And I am fine with that. Its just WG lets you win 10 times in row and loose 10 times in row. It should be more elegant. So elegant we dont realize it. I know I could change tank when loosing starts and rotate tanks more. When you dont play some tank lets say few weeks, you suddenly start winning with it? More elegant would surely help business side too.

And I write this just because I like the game, and I want to play it in future also. This is like customer feedback.

Edited by quumies, 23 August 2019 - 08:21 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postquumies, on 23 August 2019 - 08:14 AM, said:

And what comes facts about rigging. I havent got any. No one has. But after playing +20k matches I know something. You all do. I dont need to even repeat myself. And I am fine with that. Its just WG lets you win 10 times in row and loose 10 times in row. It should be more elegant. So elegant we dont realize it

No, we don't, because it doesn't happen. If there actually was something going on and it was sufficiently obvious that you were able to notice it you'd be able to show that it was happening, which as you've already admitted, you can't.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postquumies, on 22 August 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

This might be taken as open letter to wargaming. You have created great game which I have played over 8 years. I havent played almost any games since. Sure adult with family and own business hasnt so much time anyway. This is fps for adults, which aint many on market.

I run my business with same principles as any other. I try to make as much money as possible. Ofcourse I have to take note that customers have to be happy after buying something and there will be always competitors. So running business is somehow like dancing on rope. Gaming business must have even thinner rope, so when you do mistake, you are done.

Also these op reward tanks like 907, 279, and chieftaint95whatever. Why give these for free to someone and regular players have no change to get it. Deathstar or wheeled ebr would be much more better reward tanks. Unique, but not op. These really are spoiling gameplay. And when you are losing streak, there is always least one enemy with one of those. If you have to shoot your own leg, why do it for free?

I understand business side of this game. You could be just honest and say " better luck costs 100€/year " That would be much more honest. You have to do business, but bad luck and constant losing is just too harsh. Me myself have decided to continue playing, but I will finance tier x playing with tanks that I am not playing anymore. I hope it will last maybe end of 2020. Then I guess there will be something more interesting to play after 10 years.

Dorander #14 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

So you have played this game for eight years, call it a great game, yet claim it's rigged? So when did it supposedly get rigged, according to you, and why do you call a rigged game that you have played exclusively for eight years "great"?

Also how can you claim to understand the business side of things and wanting them to be honest that "better luck costs 100 euros per year", when people who actually spend 100 euros per year or more don't have better luck than anyone else?

You got your causality wrong. You don't take more module damage and bounce more shots because you lose. You lose because you bounce more shots and take a lot of module damage, which means the enemy is damaging you, you are not damaging them. There's nothing secret about the mechanics. The consistent application of mechanics leads to consistent good results, which are still curbed by randomness, but we compare against the other players, not against a 100% winrate which is never going to happen. Improbable bounces happen but they happen once in a blue moon because they're improbable, the rest is players poorly aiming and taking shots they have a low chance of damaging succesfully with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users