Premium Ammo

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

TheArmouredFist #1 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27480 battles

Hi and Good Evening.

Why did you bring in the need for Premium ammo, all it does now is spoil this great game and takes the fun right out of it.

Since premium ammo has been introduced into the game the fun factor has well and truly been sapped form this once awesome game, I have just been out in several battles and in different tanks each battle, however in every single battle i have been shot or killed by at least 3-4 enemy players that are all using the afore mentioned ammo. Is there any plans to remove this facility in the future as I really love this game but when you up against Tier X's for example and your in a Tier VIII you wouldn't expect to be shot at with gold/premium ammo from Tier IX and X's. And like wise when I've been and out in my IV's and V's its shocking just how much gold/premium ammo is being used by people. Is there any plans to remove this feature from the game or is just another money spinner from WG

Again it takes all the fun out of this great games.

Edited by TheArmouredFist, 22 August 2019 - 11:32 PM.

barison1 #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44626 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

removing gold ammo would also need massive armor nerfs for alot of tanks, more and more tanks are balanced around gold ammo

besides does it really matter if you are being shot at by gold when being a lower tier? just laugh it off how he is wasting creds on yer armor while he could have penned with regular ammo (for most tanks atleast)

Nitro_Tank #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7070 battles

On my Jg.Pz E100 premium ammo is the only choice tbh. Because you get one chance to land that big shot and if you don't you are down for 20+ seconds and might take heavy fire in return because of the terrible mobility and no turret.

If the turrets on so many tanks werent impenetrable i wouldnt use it, but i have to do it to achieve a good result sad as it is. At this point i've embraced the premium spam against tier 10 (don't use it in lower tiers at all), because you are putting yourself at such a disadvantage.

I don't know if they can ever properly balance premium ammo, and if they do might as well use it while its hot :/

SovietBias #4 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39187 battles
You are a beta tester. After 10 years, do you think WG bothers ?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:31 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Have you tried not getting shot? I've heard that nerfs gold effectiveness by 100%!

TankkiPoju #6 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:21 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24018 battles

View PostTheArmouredFist, on 22 August 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

you up against Tier X's for example and your in a Tier VIII you wouldn't expect to be shot at with gold/premium ammo from Tier IX and X's. 

I would expect that, literally in every tank.

That's why I dont complain about premium ammo, I just expect everyone to shoot 100% premium.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28823 battles
It's been a while we didn't read a premium ammo whine, oh wait...

Leadfire #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:54 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7913 battles
Some topics have no ending.

DreadArchangel #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12780 battles
Yeah no doubt about it Premium ammo spoilt the game, those that argue for it are those that need to use it the most. should have left it gold, less ppl would use it but not as many as use it now.

TheComfyChair #10 Posted 24 August 2019 - 01:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9267 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
:hiding:

Pansenmann #11 Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36465 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I bet the OP wants me to shoot standard AP with my ARL 44. :ohmy:

7524 #12 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16282 battles
  • [PO-T] PO-T
It's simple-remove golden ammo and then balance all tanks to standard ap/he shells. It will be problem for "point and shot" statistic players but let them learn weak spots.

barison1 #13 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44626 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post7524, on 24 August 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

It's simple-remove golden ammo and then balance all tanks to standard ap/he shells. It will be problem for "point and shot" statistic players but let them learn weak spots.

almost if wg added tanks with utter strong fronts with less and less things you can call weakspots. removing gold without rebalancing armor will make the game worse than it is right now

Homer_J #14 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:15 AM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Since premium ammo has been introduced

Premium ammo has been in the game longer than the account you are using.

Jethro_Grey #15 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4550 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

Hi and Good Evening.

Why did you bring in the need for Premium ammo, all it does now is spoil this great game and takes the fun right out of it.

Since premium ammo has been introduced into the game the fun factor has well and truly been sapped form this once awesome game, I have just been out in several battles and in different tanks each battle, however in every single battle i have been shot or killed by at least 3-4 enemy players that are all using the afore mentioned ammo. Is there any plans to remove this facility in the future as I really love this game but when you up against Tier X's for example and your in a Tier VIII you wouldn't expect to be shot at with gold/premium ammo from Tier IX and X's. And like wise when I've been and out in my IV's and V's its shocking just how much gold/premium ammo is being used by people. Is there any plans to remove this feature from the game or is just another money spinner from WG

WG can remove premium ammo the second they remove the armor on super heavies, russian tanks aso. 

The moment every tank can get penetrated frontally with standard rounds, there's no need for premium ammo anymore. 

Would be pretty onesided to remove/ nerf premium ammo and leave super heavies and other over-armored tanks roam freely. 

Balance for everyone! 

Until then, premium ammo it is. 

WajkyHUN #16 Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20256 battles
  • [VTEPS] VTEPS

Dear WG, and Fellow Players!

Today, when I started playing with great pleasure, I didn't know what was waiting for Me... I was only able to play a few battles because, soon I lost my mood to play WOT!

When you enter the battle with a tier8 tank, and the tier10 vehicles only spamming gold/premium ammo at you... your armour does't matter unless you sit in a super heavy tank (but 2tier+ does not matter either).

I remember when there wasn't so many super heavy and op premium tanks... you don't see so many gold/premium ammo in the battles! So I think this is the biggest problem with the game right now!

My suggesion would be: LIMIT GOLD/PREMIUM AMMO! Don't remove it, don't change shells damage.... just limit it, so you can think of it when will you fire them... in wich situations you use them!

Not in the entier battel, because it will ruin the whole game with time! I think this is the only solution!

Good Luck, everyone!

ticklemonster #17 Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55520 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

View PostTheArmouredFist, on 22 August 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Hi and Good Evening.

In a Tier X tank you get a limited number of shells compared to lower tiers, and some players believe you have to have a load out for those battles when it is Tier X only. If you find yourself in a game with tier VIII's, you might only have a few standard or HE shells that you want to save for Arty or scouts so you shoot gold at everything else. The only other option is to load for lower tier battles and suck it up when you find that the enemy is 15 x Tier X. I go for the latter because bouncing/missing gold makes me cry.

Keio000 #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16134 battles
  • [WSN] WSN
"Rant begins"; So much issue about that sh*t. WG, take the page out of the AW book, and fix this ammo BS. Couldn't be so hard... One ammo has better pen and less damage, other has less damage, better pen. You choose, want to learn weakspots or shoot more randomly.... difference is 25% of damage/penetration for example. But nooo... You need money what You do not get, since You introduced Frontline, and good credit ratio to it. So You made Xmas RNG lootboxes with rare vehicles.... People got so much gold out of it and You still get no more money.... You made "Black Market" ... ffs ... Get Your s**t togeather!! UUps... out of the topic already.... "Rant ends"

So yea, learn little from the game that copied You, AW (just in case AW - Armored Warfare)... might get better game and more "happy" people. There is no 100% liking, never, not possible. But this issue has haunte You from the time since Premium ammo was made buyable for credits.

Sorry for English, if some typo's, not my first language. 

rageman4u #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18905 battles

View PostNitro_Tank, on 23 August 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

On my Jg.Pz E100 premium ammo is the only choice tbh. Because you get one chance to land that big shot and if you don't you are down for 20+ seconds and might take heavy fire in return because of the terrible mobility and no turret.

If the turrets on so many tanks werent impenetrable i wouldnt use it, but i have to do it to achieve a good result sad as it is. At this point i've embraced the premium spam against tier 10 (don't use it in lower tiers at all), because you are putting yourself at such a disadvantage.

I don't know if they can ever properly balance premium ammo, and if they do might as well use it while its hot :/

Using He works fine too. Must of the time 600-800 which is not bad. Better profit and no stress against the tanks like obj705a

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34552 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostKeio000, on 30 August 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

"Rant begins"; So much issue about that sh*t. WG, take the page out of the AW book, and fix this ammo BS. Couldn't be so hard... One ammo has better pen and less damage, other has less damage, better pen. You choose, want to learn weakspots or shoot more randomly.... difference is 25% of damage/penetration for example. But nooo... You need money what You do not get, since You introduced Frontline, and good credit ratio to it. So You made Xmas RNG lootboxes with rare vehicles.... People got so much gold out of it and You still get no more money.... You made "Black Market" ... ffs ... Get Your s**t togeather!! UUps... out of the topic already.... "Rant ends"

Go ahead and reduce gold damage by half. I'll just shoot you twice. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users