No team damage - Artillery

artillery team damage arty team kill tank

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MetalMath1 #1 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11034 battles

I really like the no team damage mechanics in place however, I feel like something must be done with artillery. Artillery is now able to blatantly shoot at tanks close enough to their team members with no real drawbacks. I personally don't think that the stun is enough to discourage artillery to not fire an enemy hugging their team member.

I feel like hugging tanks in combat was an effective way to stop competent arty players from firing at you or if they did then their own team mate would be damaged/killed as well. I'm not sure if their is a fix for it or if Wargaming have even realised that this is now an issue but I am curious if anybody has a potential fix or idea on this. 

ChristOfTheAbyss #2 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:47 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 251 battles

Arties did it with team damage on too. They neet to get punished far more harshly.

And to arty players coming in blaming people getting close to enemy tanks, it's still arties fault for firing. It's always the fault of those firing. If there's a chance to stun a teammate, do not fire.

MeetriX #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:07 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23654 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Before I took the shot if it could save a team member, but now I don't give a rat's [edited] donkey.

I never want that, you did!

BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6117 battles

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 23 August 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

Arties did it with team damage on too. They neet to get punished far more harshly.

And to arty players coming in blaming people getting close to enemy tanks, it's still arties fault for firing. It's always the fault of those firing. If there's a chance to stun a teammate, do not fire.

Players who intentionally stay next to enemies to deny allied arties and other team-members damage, should be punished a lot harder. If they face-hug to stand a chance to survive, I can understand, but it happens more then rarely that people deny others damage and jump in front of a tank, just to deny others damage.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 23 August 2019 - 02:02 PM.

KINGPIN65 #5 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13338 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 23 August 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

Players who intentionally stay next to enemies to deny allied arties and other team-members damage, should be punished a lot harder. If they face-hug to stand a chance to survive, I can understand, but it happens more then rarely that people deny others damage and jump in front of tank, just to deny others damage.

Tinfoil much? Really ? People facehug to deny the "hero from a0" damage? How is that possible when they just click on top of you and are never punished anyway.

People facehug to try and protect their lower plate or its because they panic and think its the best move and if they are somehow trying to block someone its an actual tank or td that is affected, not spgs.Especially with FF off now you dont even have to pay repairs when you shoot your friendlies.

Maybe you are a nice person and don't shoot when friendlies facehug, and I don't do that myself when I'm clicking but it still happens way to often and should be punished.

Honestly they should just lock the arties that shoot friendlies, similar to CW cooldowns if those are still a thing.

You stun friends= can't play your cliker for a week.That would teach people to be less selfish.

BlackBloodBandit #6 Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6117 battles

View PostKINGPIN65, on 23 August 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

That would teach people to be less selfish.

If you want selfish players punished, you can punish probably about 80% of the players. GL on that. There are more then enough other ways that people express their selfishness in this game.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 23 August 2019 - 09:24 AM.

SovietBias #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38111 battles

When the changes were announced, this was one of the things I disliked.

Recently grinding the AMD light, I managed to get behind an enemy SU-101. Enemy was low HP (100-200), and enemy arty shot at us. I got wrecked. Enemy gets stunned for a couple of seconds. It would have been equally stupid if it was a friendly arty.

I find it really dumb. 

Edited by SovietBias, 23 August 2019 - 09:35 AM.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14796 battles

View PostMetalMath1, on 23 August 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

I really like the no team damage mechanics in place however, I feel like something must be done with artillery. Artillery is now able to blatantly shoot at tanks close enough to their team members with no real drawbacks. I personally don't think that the stun is enough to discourage artillery to not fire an enemy hugging their team member.

I feel like hugging tanks in combat was an effective way to stop competent arty players from firing at you or if they did then their own team mate would be damaged/killed as well. I'm not sure if their is a fix for it or if Wargaming have even realised that this is now an issue but I am curious if anybody has a potential fix or idea on this. 

Yakito #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20019 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 23 August 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Players who intentionally stay next to enemies to deny allied arties and other team-members damage, should be punished a lot harder. If they face-hug to stand a chance to survive, I can understand, but it happens more then rarely that people deny others damage and jump in front of tank, just to deny others damage.

The guy above me already answered you but I really need to repeat it so it sinks in.

If you think that a close quarter fight between 2 tanks is happening only because somebody is trying to take the kill away from arty then you are just plain wrong and I can't even believe people think in these ways at all. 

Maybe you don't brawl enough yourself. There are tanks that are designed for this type of fight (Russian tanks, for example). 

BlackBloodBandit #10 Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6117 battles

View PostYakito, on 23 August 2019 - 11:05 AM, said:

The guy above me already answered you but I really need to repeat it so it sinks in.

If you think that a close quarter fight between 2 tanks is happening only because somebody is trying to take the kill away from arty then you are just plain wrong and I can't even believe people think in these ways at all. 

Maybe you don't brawl enough yourself. There are tanks that are designed for this type of fight (Russian tanks, for example).

Think what you want, I don't care. Repeat a thousand times if you like. You can't change the fact that I've seen situations which I described a multiple times, and it was not only against me, but against other players as well. In Ranked Battles it happens more often then in randoms. The reason why is clear: only own damage counts towards  your own progress.

This is my last reply about this. I'm not going to argue with people who think they know situations better then others in which they were not even in.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 23 August 2019 - 11:54 AM.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72035 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 23 August 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

Players who intentionally stay next to enemies to deny allied arties and other team-members damage

So brawling in general is denying arty damage due to corridor maps? Considering how most HT lanes works now, that's rather common. After TD was removed. I've been stunned more by my arty than the enemy on some maps due to how close you are when holding or pushing that part of the map. None of them even ask me to fall back to indicate where they are aiming. As no penatly, so why care if his HT's gets less DPM for a bit?

And when we had TD, I lost count on how many times I've had to circle a target keep his gun away, as distance is not something I can use. Then arty had to "help", killed me and then arty was alone vs a super heavy. Did I deny him damage then too? Or did he deny me a win?

BlackBloodBandit #12 Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6117 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 August 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

So brawling in general is denying arty damage due to corridor maps? Considering how most HT lanes works now, that's rather common. After TD was removed. I've been stunned more by my arty than the enemy on some maps due to how close you are when holding or pushing that part of the map. None of them even ask me to fall back to indicate where they are aiming. As no penatly, so why care if his HT's gets less DPM for a bit?

And when we had TD, I lost count on how many times I've had to circle a target keep his gun away, as distance is not something I can use. Then arty had to "help", killed me and then arty was alone vs a super heavy. Did I deny him damage then too? Or did he deny me a win?

You speculate about things I never spoke. Yes those situations you describe exist. But the ones I described as well. I've experienced both sides of the blade and yes you're right that a lot of players do not mark the area before they fire, but I've had multiple times, that I mark the area several seconds before my shell will arrive and people intentionally yolo in, to do a ram-kill or to block the line of sight for allies, not even specific against arty players.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 23 August 2019 - 11:58 AM.

mpf1959 #13 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27151 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Great innit! :playing::trollface:

_Nadinia_ #14 Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5998 battles
  • [BANDE] BANDE

I vote for: Give artys the full damage back. Remove stun. That simple. So no team damage, no team stun possible. 

And for those arty haters: i dont care if you hug an enemy. When i can shoot him and there is no other tactical target, you get stunned. That easy. Use your med kit and fight on instead of flood your keyboard with tears :D

Also tagged with artillery, team damage, arty, team kill, tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users