VK75.01(K), i quit hoping.

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Fr33Fighter #1 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 551 battles

So, another german tank, another useless piece of *%#&.

I just quit dreaming that we will ever receive a decent german tank.

Just look at the Tiger, a joke compared to the beast that it was in WWII

"But Fr33 the historic accuracy"

Yeah, we gave up historic accuracy long ago, and while i find myself performing in the tiger it will never compare to an IS-3 or even a KV-4.

Great side scraper, too bad that you can pen the turret from 300M away with regular rounds, no, im not talking about the cupola, the $#*^ing turret.

What a joke, Defender, IS-3A, IS-M (Thats what i call a side scraper), all of them perform, but not the german, i consider Lowe to be not the best tank, dont get me wrong, i love it, but the DPM.. oh boy.. yet its better than this piece of crap.

The only thing good about it is the alpha and the HP, that's it, its a tank good only for trading shots.

For real? The front of the turret is paper? 

Side scrape as much as you want, the front of the turret is swiss cheese.

Now, there are the players that would say "but its balanced, it has weak spots"

No its not, that HUGE cupola is enough of a weak spot, but the whole turret.. 

Just hit it flush, and dont bother to load gold for it, the upper plate is paper, lower plate paper, turret paper.

Dont waste your money, go buy a defender.

You know what? Buy a *^($ing IS-6, its better than that.

Edited by Fr33Fighter, 23 August 2019 - 04:00 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34113 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Weren't you telling us the tank was rigged by WG a couple hours ago?

Make up your mind. :)

Fr33Fighter #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 551 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 23 August 2019 - 04:05 AM, said:

Weren't you telling us the tank was rigged by WG a couple hours ago?

Make up your mind. :)

It is, never saw a tier 10 match in over 30 battles, rng was great, i do perform in it, that dosent mean its not a piece of crap, in a T9-10 match you will most likely get raped, with his temporary preferential mm is a great tank, but everything enters everywhere, if you are forced to fight against multiple enemies or poke on multiple targets, no matter the angle or how much you wiggle, you will get penned, i love the tank for the moment, the view range is great, the gun is decent, the penetration works really well (except when i shoot the flush side of a T54 and no pen) the aim is pretty fast, the dispersion while big caused me no trouble, but the armor is useless, which renders the tank powerless against multiple enemies or higher tier tanks. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34113 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Are you telling us WG haven't rigged the armor to bounce incoming shots? Well that isn't very good rigging then.

Almost sounds like it might not be rigged in fact..

Laur_Balaur_XD #5 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37107 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-
I am confused, so the tank rigged to be bad or rigged to be good? :confused:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34113 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 23 August 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Apparently both. It's rigged to give you good MM so you win more and at the same time rigged so you get penned by everything and miss sitting duck shots and lose more.

Sounds like perfect balancing to me. :)

Yaccay #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 35384 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

Why are you surprised?

Most tier VIII tank is godlike vs tier VI and tier VII tanks AND trash vs tier IX and X tanks.

ps.: there is a few exceptions, but those are unbalanced tanks.

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23695 battles

View PostYaccay, on 23 August 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Most tier VIII tank is godlike vs tier VI and tier VII tanks AND trash vs tier IX and X tanks.

Except tanks like Defender are also decent against tier 9-10 tanks, because its armor is based on thickness, magical Russian black hole sides  AND autobounce angles.

And Russian heavies tanks are also way smaller targets, or they have tiny weakspots so many shots at them just plain miss at long ranges.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 23 August 2019 - 06:45 AM.

Richthoffen #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30071 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

just an other tank designed according to wg standards:

German:  must be big, have flat armor, prone to engine damage from the front and snipe from the second line.

problem is the map design and aim distribution make this almost impossible.

Immensive #10 Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47222 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

VK is kinda balanced to me. If you get constantly penned in upper plate and front trurret, then you should rethink your gameplay in it.

Edited by Immensive, 23 August 2019 - 07:17 AM.

Alukat123 #11 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16337 battles

View PostImmensive, on 23 August 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

VK is kinda balanced to me. If you get constantly penned in upper plate and front trurret, then you should rethink your gameplay in it.

So far when i've played Tiger P, i've always seen the VKs driving sideways out of cover into my line of fire. So yeah, i agree with VK drivers having to rethink their gameplay.

Innapropriate_Username #12 Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12369 battles

To keep up with "The Times" aka PowerCreep,

Tanks like Centurion  had 150mm Turret armor, now they have 250mm on the weakest-part.

Same for all other tanks that are "Not-Garbage",

You will see the First "Good German Tank" only when they get THE SAME buffs, if Centurion got +100mm, Panther needs +100mm.

Translate that to Tiger2 turret, 185+100 = 285mm, that would make it OK for tier8, still not immune to HEAT, But you will never see that,

because less than 285 is reserved for "GERMAN SUPER-HEAVY", on Tier9 E75 is "FINE" with 250mm turret, same as most Tier8 Medium tanks.

tajj7 #13 Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostImmensive, on 23 August 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

This, but players expect heavies to do all the work for them, rather than them trying to work out how to use the tank correctly. 

These people just expect completely idiot proof heavies like the VK 100.01 P, whilst a tank like the Mauerbrecker is consistently claimed to be terrible, yet it performs fine -

Posted Image

Sadly its people like this that caused us to have stuff like the Type 5, Bobject, VK 100.01P in the game, people who drive around sideways in their heavy tanks and then claim armour is useless.

View PostFr33Fighter, on 23 August 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

i consider Lowe to be not the best tank,

So I think this highlights the problem, 'not the best tank' when its one of the best tier 8 premium heavies since its buff -

Posted Image

I am not sure you would know a good tank if it hit you in the face. 

Edited by tajj7, 23 August 2019 - 09:56 AM.

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23695 battles

View Posttajj7, on 23 August 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Sadly its people like this that caused us to have stuff like the Type 5, Bobject, VK 100.01P in the game, people who drive around sideways in their heavy tanks and then claim armour is useless.

This is very true.

Like how often do you see E100 or Maus actually angle their turrets? Hardly ever. They shoot and stay in the open while reloading like dumbasses. Yet every actually good player will fire up tanks.gg first thing and check how much they can angle the turret to maximise thickness, and act accordingly in games.

How often do you see IS4s angle their hull? No, they just sit front towards the enemy and get penned every shot.

Armor usage should be a skill, just like hull down positions and abusing ridges for spotting.

Unfortunately most players want heavy tanks that can slowly yolo across Malinovka field and bounce every shot.

tajj7 #15 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTankkiPoju, on 23 August 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Unfortunately most players want heavy tanks that can slowly yolo across Malinovka field and bounce every shot.

Exactly and some tanks actually get away with that more often than they should. 

I have seen likes Maus's and Type 5s sit in the open against multiple guns and they have taken ages to actually die, and end game you look and some 44% WR player has bounced like 10k damage. 

Ever since Murazor had his spell as head of balancing bringing in stuff like the Bobject, the Japanese heavies, the Maus buffs etc. there is an expectation from a lot of players now that heavy tank or armoured TD means sit in the open and bounce everything.

Basically 'I have armoured tank, therefore I should auto-win against little tanks'. 

Fr33Fighter #16 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 551 battles

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 23 August 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

The tank is good, but just because the mm is rigged, dont tell me that 30 battles with not even one T10 is possible, cause its not.

Or it has pref mm?

09:32 Added after 0 minute

View PostYaccay, on 23 August 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Why are you surprised?

ps.: there is a few exceptions, but those are unbalanced tanks.

Than why get that piece of trash and not the "unbalanced" ones?

09:34 Added after 3 minute

View PostImmensive, on 23 August 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

The turret can be penned from the front with ~250, you call that balanced? Again not the cupola, the actual turret front.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostFr33Fighter, on 23 August 2019 - 02:59 AM, said:

So, another german tank, another useless piece of *%#&.

I just quit dreaming that we will ever receive a decent german tank.

Just look at the Tiger, a joke compared to the beast that it was in WWII

"But Fr33 the historic accuracy"

Yeah, we gave up historic accuracy long ago, and while i find myself performing in the tiger it will never compare to an IS-3 or even a KV-4.

Great side scraper, too bad that you can pen the turret from 300M away with regular rounds, no, im not talking about the cupola, the $#*^ing turret.

What a joke, Defender, IS-3A, IS-M (Thats what i call a side scraper), all of them perform, but not the german, i consider Lowe to be not the best tank, dont get me wrong, i love it, but the DPM.. oh boy.. yet its better than this piece of crap.

The only thing good about it is the alpha and the HP, that's it, its a tank good only for trading shots.

For real? The front of the turret is paper? 

Side scrape as much as you want, the front of the turret is swiss cheese.

Now, there are the players that would say "but its balanced, it has weak spots"

No its not, that HUGE cupola is enough of a weak spot, but the whole turret.. 

Just hit it flush, and dont bother to load gold for it, the upper plate is paper, lower plate paper, turret paper.

Dont waste your money, go buy a defender.

You know what? Buy a *^($ing IS-6, its better than that.

What did you expect from another copy and paste tank ? 

Fr33Fighter #18 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 551 battles

This, but players expect heavies to do all the work for them, rather than them trying to work out how to use the tank correctly. 

These people just expect completely idiot proof heavies like the VK 100.01 P, whilst a tank like the Mauerbrecker is consistently claimed to be terrible, yet it performs fine -

Posted Image

So I think this highlights the problem, 'not the best tank' when its one of the best tier 8 premium heavies since its buff -

Posted Image

Ok,first, there is no right way to work the VK, the whole turret is penetrable, period, side scraping helps with nothing, i pen it like there's no tomorrow, if the cupola was penetrable than fine, but its the whole damn turret, and its not a small one, but sure, its fine that we have the defender with god like turret and cupolas the size of a plate, why would we have a good german tank.

And yeah bro, lowe is the best, barely breaks 2k dpm with 4 skill crew AND food, same setup on Defender, 2,2k dpm, IS-M 2528 DPM, IS-6 2,5k.

And i find it funny how you assume that i must suck in a tank in order to tell somebody that it sucks, my WN8 in Lowe is 1,4k yeah, yeah, im no unicum, i never claimed so anyway, and i love the Lowe, i like the tank, that dosent change the fact that its under powered.

Just compare that VK junk with the IS-M, that's a side scraper, tough turret, small weak spot, tough side armor, not that junk, its just not worth it compared to other premiums or even regular tech tree tanks.

tajj7 #19 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFr33Fighter, on 23 August 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

The turret can be penned from the front with ~250, you call that balanced? Again not the cupola, the actual turret front.

On a tier 8 tank? Yes, especially when its rounded so you have to hit a specific spot and if you miss you can hit the auto-bounce cheeks.

The Cent AX is a hull down tier 10 medium and the flat parts of its turret front are only about 250-260 effective and that does fine.

The E75 also does fine and its turret front is only around 250 effective, and that is a tier 9.

View PostFr33Fighter, on 23 August 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok,first, there is no right way to work the VK, the whole turret is penetrable, period, side scraping helps with nothing, i pen it like there's no tomorrow, if the cupola was penetrable than fine, but its the whole damn turret, and its not a small one, but sure, its fine that we have the defender with god like turret and cupolas the size of a plate, why would we have a good german tank.

And yeah bro, lowe is the best, barely breaks 2k dpm with 4 skill crew AND food, same setup on Defender, 2,2k dpm, IS-M 2528 DPM, IS-6 2,5k.

And i find it funny how you assume that i must suck in a tank in order to tell somebody that it sucks, my WN8 in Lowe is 1,4k yeah, yeah, im no unicum, i never claimed so anyway, and i love the Lowe, i like the tank, that dosent change the fact that its under powered.

Just compare that VK junk with the IS-M, that's a side scraper, tough turret, small weak spot, tough side armor, not that junk, its just not worth it compared to other premiums or even regular tech tree tanks.

As I said above, 250 effective turret that is rounded with auto-bounce zones is fine for a tier 8 heavy. The Caernarvon is a specific hull down heavy and that has a flat 254 effective turret front.

It's also funny that you mention the Defender because again the flat fronts and the mantlet of the Defender is around 250 effective.

So Lowe doesn't have good DPM, so what? It also has -10 gun depression, a very strong turret, very high pen on both standard rounds and premium rounds, 400m view range, good accuracy, thick side armour to allow it sidscrape and it's decently mobile for a super heavy, 

The Lowe is NOT under powered in the slightest, as I showed above with the WR curves and that is an actual fact, and as I said the fact you think its under powered shows you have absurd expectations for heavy tanks. 

Edited by tajj7, 23 August 2019 - 10:55 AM.

Fr33Fighter #20 Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 551 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 23 August 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

What did you expect from another copy and paste tank ? 

I like the tank, i really do, but sadly it does not perform compared to other tanks, and it makes me sad, once, just once i want to see a OP, mm destroying, fear inducing german tank, sure there will come others to tell me i just want OP tanks, even tho i said that i agree with the cupola being a weak spot, but the whole turret? Such a sack of S%&@

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users