german TVIII premium Luchs

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Jethro_Grey #1 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4380 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

While watching Circonflex and Quickybaby streams, i had an idea for a new german premium tank. 

Tl;dr Version: a pancaked (flattened) Luchs at TVIII with some differences.

Now, some may ask, why tho? And why at TVIII? There was no real life counterpart and it wouldn't work at that tier.

Well, for the first part: we already have dozens if not hundreds of phantasy tanks in the game, why not adding a cute and potentially interresting one? And with some tweaks it would work at that Tier, and as long it's not overpowered...who cares? Noone is forced to buy it, right? 

Here's what i would change.

Armor: very light, it's a light tank after all

Gun: autocannon, with low damage (100-150-ish) but high pen (200+ for Standard rounds), horrible gun bloom and 

accuracy, a 6-10 shot magazine (depending on the damage of the rounds) and a somewhat ok-ish reload between

clips

Engine power: high, it's supposed to be fast and very nimble and agile, somewhere around 65-70km/h but very nimble

stealth: good stealth due to low vehicle height (unlike...say...british light tanks)

viewrange: 360-380-ish meters

Gameplay: not a tank that is good at passive scouting due to bad viewrange, or at long to mid-range sniping.

rather something that zooms around the battlefield, looks for opportunities to get the sides of other tanks,

unloads the magazine point blank very very quickly and then runs away, avoiding shells with superior agility.

The low Damage of the Shells would assure that it isn't OP, but the high pen would at least guarantee that at                         least 50-60% of the shells hit.

Opinions? Fire away, while i get my Asbestos underwear... :hiding:

Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tbh... I would buy that. It's no Luch with +4 MM trolling Tigers. But next best thing.

Even if it was a "meme" tank.

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25772 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Most tanks in WOT had some kind of blueprint, idea, or document attached to their creation.

Alot of them are just varients of one tank.

For example, most seem to think the T-43 and T34-85 are different tanks. They are the same, with one being an upgraded or differential of the other. THe saame with the T-44-100, T-44, T-54, etc.

Same with the Cromwell/Comet/Charioteer

And the Centurion AX/71/1/RAAC etc.

They are the same tank, just upgraded versions.

Most tanks in this game are not just "made up" on the spot.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9067 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostJethro_Grey, on 23 August 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

While watching Circonflex and Quickybaby streams, i had an idea for a new german premium tank. 

Now, some may ask, why tho? And why at TVIII? There was no real life counterpart and it wouldn't work at that tier.

Well, for the first part: we already have dozens if not hundreds of phantasy tanks in the game, why not adding a cute and potentially interresting one? And with some tweaks it would work at that Tier, and as long it's not overpowered...who cares? Noone is forced to buy it, right? 

Here's what i would change.

Armor: very light, it's a light tank after all

Gun: autocannon, with low damage (100-150-ish) but high pen (200+ for Standard rounds), horrible gun bloom and 

accuracy, a 6-10 shot magazine (depending on the damage of the rounds) and a somewhat ok-ish reload between

clips

Engine power: high, it's supposed to be fast and very nimble and agile, somewhere around 65-70km/h but very nimble

stealth: good stealth due to low vehicle height (unlike...say...british light tanks)

viewrange: 360-380-ish meters

Gameplay: not a tank that is good at passive scouting due to bad viewrange, or at long to mid-range sniping.

rather something that zooms around the battlefield, looks for opportunities to get the sides of other tanks,

unloads the magazine point blank very very quickly and then runs away, avoiding shells with superior agility.

The low Damage of the Shells would assure that it isn't OP, but the high pen would at least guarantee that at                         least 50-60% of the shells hit.

Those stats are ludicrous.

Just what for calibre autocannon are you imagining? 57mm? 75mm?

Because those would be the damage values you'd be looking at for those calibres.

And it being an autocannon, I presume you mean that it unloads them with less than a second between each shell, putting the burst damage potential high enough to simply ruin just about any tier 6-7 tank it'll encounter; especially with the penetration value you propose.

The closest in-game analogue would be the AMX 13 57, which is placed a tier lower, takes 7 seconds to empty its clip and has much lower alpha and penetration.

So what do you suppose is "okay-ish" reload for the gun you propose? 30 seconds? 35?

The AMX 13 57 gets ~22 for its 720 clip that takes at least 7 seconds to empty.

Like I stated in the FV107 thread: its 30mm RARDEN would reasonably have only around 90 alpha per shot and that's being fairly generous for its 30mm calibre (considering it is the same as the 13-57's 57mm).

And what's more: you want it to be faster than the 13 57, and you want it to be stealthy as well despite its huge burst potential that might be enough to take an enemy MT/HT out of frontline combat if not worse.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72848 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Like I stated in the FV107 thread: its 30mm RARDEN would reasonably have only around 90 alpha per shot and that's being fairly generous for its 30mm calibre (considering it is the same as the 13-57's 57mm).

And what's more: you want it to be faster than the 13 57, and you want it to be stealthy as well despite its huge burst potential that might be enough to take an enemy MT/HT out of frontline combat if not worse.

Well old MT-25 comes to mind. It had a 37mm iirc? No pen and 30 rounds with 40 alpha. Made for some fun at times. As the burst damage was huge. But due to the low pen, it did not always get it all. And was useless vs most head-on. And if you have burst damage and several rounds on a low caliber. You need low pen tbh, not 200 like the tier 8 UK light that has no DPM. 13 57 was made for the old scout MM in mind. Don't need that again.

But even so. Burst clips like the old MT-25 would still be fun, even if it was not reliable in the current meta.

Negativvv #6 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13155 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Your pancake tank is the LT 432.

Rasha...

barison1 #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 23 August 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

Rasha...

pretty thick pancake then, 1/10 wouldnt eat that

its same hull as obj430

Dorander #8 Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

A pancake Luchs who zips around the battlefield to hit people in the sides/rear and has poor viewing range for a light but great mobility.

Might as well name it the Pancakehard Luchs EBR or something similar.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostJethro_Grey, on 23 August 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Opinions? Fire away, while i get my Asbestos underwear... :hiding:

Jethro_Grey #10 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4380 battles
  • [KAIN] KAIN

View PostRamRaid90, on 23 August 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Most tanks in WOT had some kind of blueprint, idea, or document attached to their creation.

Alot of them are just varients of one tank.

For example, most seem to think the T-43 and T34-85 are different tanks. They are the same, with one being an upgraded or differential of the other. THe saame with the T-44-100, T-44, T-54, etc.

Same with the Cromwell/Comet/Charioteer

And the Centurion AX/71/1/RAAC etc.

They are the same tank, just upgraded versions.

Most tanks in this game are not just "made up" on the spot.

Idea is the key word here. 

I'm pretty sure, that for many of the tanks there was at least an...idea.

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 August 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

Those stats are ludicrous.

Just what for calibre autocannon are you imagining? 57mm? 75mm?

Because those would be the damage values you'd be looking at for those calibres.

And it being an autocannon, I presume you mean that it unloads them with less than a second between each shell, putting the burst damage potential high enough to simply ruin just about any tier 6-7 tank it'll encounter; especially with the penetration value you propose.

The closest in-game analogue would be the AMX 13 57, which is placed a tier lower, takes 7 seconds to empty its clip and has much lower alpha and penetration.

So what do you suppose is "okay-ish" reload for the gun you propose? 30 seconds? 35?

The AMX 13 57 gets ~22 for its 720 clip that takes at least 7 seconds to empty.

Those were merely suggestions, not something that is set in stone.

Yes, i want it to be faster then the Baguette tank and stealthy. 

While the damage might be high for an autoloader, i don't mind reducing it to more autoloader-ish values.

Regarding the pen, it needs to be high cause this tank would see TX, and it being an autocannon, the dispersion would be $hit even at point blank range. 

View PostNegativvv, on 23 August 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

Rasha...

Ewww, no thanks.

Nishi_Kinuyo #11 Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9067 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostJethro_Grey, on 26 August 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Those were merely suggestions, not something that is set in stone.

Yes, i want it to be faster then the Baguette tank and stealthy. 

While the damage might be high for an autoloader, i don't mind reducing it to more autoloader-ish values.

Regarding the pen, it needs to be high cause this tank would see TX, and it being an autocannon, the dispersion would be $hit even at point blank range.

The issue being that you've completely ignored game balance in so far it exists in the game currently.

https://tanks.gg/com...br-75-fl-10~t92

As you can see for yourself: autoloaders lose out on DPM quite a bit, as do tanks with high penetration.

There's always a trade-off somewhere, so you can't have speed *and* penetration *and* DPM/Burst.

Only the Britsh LT has 200 or more penetration and that tank gets kicked hard in a lot of other aspects.

So no, you can't have a fast stealthy pancake with crazy burst and high penetration.

Alukat123 #12 Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16257 battles
WT auf luchs :teethhappy:

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23680 battles

View Postbarison1, on 23 August 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

its same hull as obj430

What the heck are you talking about.

barison1 #14 Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 27 August 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

design wise, not armor wise if you didnt figure yet from context

Dava_117 #15 Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22489 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTankkiPoju, on 27 August 2019 - 07:50 AM, said:

The fact that the LT432 has the same hull with less armour as the Obj430. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users