Whats with bushes? some people just shoot right through.

Mods

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

snowy76 #1 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30364 battles
  • [KTTP] KTTP

"Getting a little sick of being "seen" through bushes when I'm the required 15m back and unspotted...

I get fired on and hit repeatably with out being spotted..."

It would seem the "Tundra" mod is being used a lot again in the new patch.

I wasn't sure until i saw someone on our team blind firing into a none usual scouting bush 3 times and kill a hidden scout.

I couldn't see the red tank as it was unspotted but my team mate knew it was there....

What is WG doing about this???

I don't save replays so cant post evidence.

Leadfire #2 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:39 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles

View Postsnowy76, on 23 August 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

It's obvious that you have no idea of how spotting works.....or what 'Tundra' does.

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:49 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 18020 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Certain bushes are very obvious that someone is going to be in them, think the Malinovka spotting bushes in the field. I regularly blindfire those every time I get the map and usually either kill someone there or find out I damaged someone after the battle. You can also return fire to someone unspotted in a bush if you line up the damage indicator well enough (that's why personally, even if I'm confident I won't get spotted after firing, I often move a bit back anyway), and even (though less likely) do so just because Sixth Sense went off and there's only one obvious bush around (or depending on the situation, you could guess which bush based on when your Sixth Sense went off and where the most likely line of sight on your vehicle is).

HanZi #4 Posted 24 August 2019 - 07:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47931 battles
  • [-NFD-] -NFD-

View Postsnowy76, on 23 August 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

"Getting a little sick of being "seen" through bushes when I'm the required 15m back and unspotted...

I wasn't sure until i saw someone on our team blind firing into a none usual scouting bush 3 times and kill a hidden scout.

I couldn't see the red tank as it was unspotted but my team mate knew it was there....

Illigal Mods, 50 % of eastern players are using illigal Mods, but they pay too well to BAN. :(

Mannanan #5 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28654 battles
  • [KHIL] KHIL
You don't see shot to explode when an invisible vehicle is hit. It is how you can find them by blindshooting. Tundra does not help, it does not reveal them.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:00 AM

General

• Player
  • 57251 battles

View Postsnowy76, on 23 August 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Reasons we get shot while using bushes perfectly and remaining unspotted.

1 Its the most likely piece of cover possibly "the Bush" everyone uses so we blindfire it whenever "we" are spotted by an invisible enemy,

2 They fired at a tank some way behind you that they could see and your invisi tank got in the way.

3 You or someone fired from that direction and the incoming fire indicator made that bush worth a shot see 1

4 Other reason as yet unknown

Edited by Gremlin182, 24 August 2019 - 09:01 AM.

Mannanan #7 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28654 battles
  • [KHIL] KHIL

View PostHanZi, on 24 August 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Illigal Mods, 50 % of eastern players are using illigal Mods, but they pay too well to BAN. :(

Source? I know some of them, they do not even use legal mods, including me.

AzoreanOutkast #8 Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10905 battles

Most ppl complain about being spotted even doe they go "textbook" in using bushes and shooting... But they dont understand how or why they are fired upon when their precious 6th sense doesnt go off...

Well there is alot going on that has to be taken into account and most part ppl ignore some simple facts about the spotting mechanics:

1- Obvious bushes will get blind shots into them its part of the game, experienced players will often shoot them, even if no one was spotted there, most of the time its players that they themselves use them ingame and know just when a person is gonna be there when match starts.

2- Anyone that is shot at has an indicator of where the shot came from, if they are proficient enough they will be able to guess where the person who made it is and will blind fire them, no need to spot at all!

3- Your vehicle loses camo anytime it fires, sometimes to ridiculous low values and u get immediatly spotted even doe you are 15 mt behind a bush, there is 4 sides to your tank all have spotting spots, if u lose camo and any of these can be seen by an enemy, then you are likely to get shot at.

4- Everytime u shoot, if you get spotted the 6th sense doesnt go immediatly off, it takes 1 or 2 secs enough for someone to shoot you and you may not even because of that get the 6th sense warning, happens to me all the time (probrably a bug), so when i shoot at someone, even if im out of their viewrange, behind a bush and all those other conditions needed to not get spotted i pull back, then i return to the spot if im not detected, its a good pratice to do, saves you alot of bad things.

5- Bushes! Well, u know that not all bushes work in the game dont you? Some are just cosmetics, try to use them, get spotted and killed quick, others are god like and you can use then all day long and never be spotted!

Main thing is, never fully rely on the 6th sense and on the bushes, if you decide to fire, then relocate, never stay in that spot after u fire, even if you just pull back a little and go foward to use it again, also, as times passes and ppl get to know the game better, all spots that you can use to snipe ppl, to hide your tank or to shoot from are known, so those spots if someone is getting spotted or shot at will be subject to intense blind fire by the oposing team, so you need to change your way of playing, avoid the obvious places, being unpredictable can make or break a game.

Also tagged with Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users