• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Lanrefni #121 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36143 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

View PostLordMuffin, on 27 August 2019 - 05:35 PM, said:

The first step to improve in WOT is to admit that you actually can improve and that it is down to you personally to do so.

Blaming MM, RNG, aimbots etc are just ways of not taking responsibility over your own performance in the battle/game.

*edited

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 02:44 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

Leadfire #122 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:38 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7922 battles

View Postpecopad, on 27 August 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Its like discussing Olympic sports and talking about horse back riding... or boccia. If you have truly skill, you don't play WoT in the first place. And specially you don't bragg about your skill in WoT...

I was also talking more about a broader sense of e-sports, and trying to make a point that pixel shooting isn't a "real" skill, or at least its a skill that is very easy to get...

Decision making and spatial awareness, those are hard to mimic, but in some regards they are specific to the  game you are good in. They don't translate from game to game. You can be a chess master and be very bad in WoT or LoL...

That's why you see elite WoT players (at least streamers) playing other games and they are just bad, same goes to almost all other games, except for the ones who are very similar, but even then its hard to find any cases of players doing good in them.

Blah de blah blah......yes those points were already covered. You reference to hacks is what I was pointing out, it has no bearing on the topic of ability.

ThinGun #123 Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 41052 battles

View Postvp56, on 27 August 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

You have the very classic case of having the loser mentality where you, like I pointed out in the previous post that you predictably would, blame the weather rather than take responsibility. I've seen people with no talent whatsoever who sucked [edited] for 10k+ battles, become blue and purple through beginning to finally put effort into their game. Unless you have health related disabilities you and literally anyone can become a good World of Tanks player. Everyone starts the game as a terrible red bot. There's no shame in it. There are two ways to go about it though - either you put in some effort and learn the game or you exclusively play the biggest anti-skill class, and play in the toddler league of the game and spam the "Battle!" button to no end and think you don't suck. Which route did you choose?

Of course one must judge. That's a common mistake in today's society - we aren't supposed to judge because someone might get offended. When we see [edited]ed up things we are just supposed to keep our mouths shut and do nothing. There's nothing more immoral than having a morbidly obese friend who is effectively powergrinding towards diabetes and heart disease, and telling them "Oh it's alright, it's your choice!" or "You just have the fatness gene, nothing you can do about it!". People like this regularly doom others to awful fates because they don't have the spine to do the right thing and help their friend out. How is that caring? No, the right thing is to call it what it is and tell him he needs to do something about it - even if it makes him feel a little bit bad in the short term. What really is the problem are the pathetic worms with no initiative, no spine and no balls who are lazy want their excuses to fly. They always think they are the victims and think they shouldn't be judged, and they always have a long list of excuses why their failure isn't really their fault(just look at your own post) and why they can do nothing about it. And to feel better about themselves they spread this factually false information about "lack of talent" and convince others to be become such pathetic worms as well. Nobody should respect or even tolerate this kind of low-life behavior and it needs to be called out.

There have been many books written about this subject. I recommend Geoffrey Colvin's "Talent is overrated" where he goes in depth to analyze the top performers in different fields. Funny enough it turns out that they are almost invariably the hardest workers and the most obsessed with what they are doing and often deemed talentless. Michael Jordan, arguably the greatest basketballer ever, wasn't good enough to make the team in his college. Did the talent then magically fall from the sky without being there before? On the other hand the world is full of super talented individuals who were meant to conquer the world but never became anything after their junior years.

And of course as expected for someone with the victim mentality they always think everything critical is about them. But now I can see why my previous post hit a nerve. The post wasn't about you but after your reaction I checked your stats and your vehicles played... LOL! Basically 100% of the battles in TDs uselessly camping the corner of the map with almost zero spots, average tier below 5 and a recent win rate of 47.99% with the Marder 38T. Clearly you've done your utmost and given your everything, you just weren't born talented enough. :teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy::teethhappy:

Yeah, that's perfect.  Because I acknowledge that I don't have the necessary ability to perform (whatever) at a high level, I must have a victim mentality.  Deary me, how many people are going to trot out the same justification for sneering at other people.  

I don't think that everything is critical about me - hell, I'd be a quivering wreck if I thought every negative post was directed at me.  But when you make accusations at a very specific type of player which happens to describe me ... well, I don't see it as a personal attack, but as an attack on people like me.  I'd no more take it personally if you picked on ... left handed people, or people who work in IT or people who aren't married.  If I fall into a group you are attacking, then I have a right to defend myself.  If you think that makes ME the victim, then it probably says more about you than you would care to admit.

Get one thing straight.  There is only one reason I'm not a unicum.  Me.  I'm just not good enough.  Clearly with nearly 40k games, I have tried very hard ... but I don't have what it takes.  I can live with that, I just wish you could let me live with it, instead of trying to demean my efforts.  You have no clue about my situation, but you're quite happy to judge me, based on preconceptions and invalid assumptions.  Just be grateful I don't afford you the same privilege ... because, dear boy, I am above that sort of thing.

18:30 Added after 2 minute

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 August 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

*edited

You think I make posts because I'm blaming other factors than my lack of ability?  Clearly you've never read any of my posts.  Unless you can find a single instance of me blaming other things for my lack of progress ...

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 02:45 PM.

Lanrefni #124 Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36143 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

View PostThinGun, on 27 August 2019 - 08:27 

You think I make posts because I'm blaming other factors than my lack of ability?  Clearly you've never read any of my posts.  Unless you can find a single instance of me blaming other things for my lack of progress ...

*edited

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 02:48 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments.

ThinGun #125 Posted 27 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 41052 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 August 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

*edited

That's not what you said.  You said I made posts blaming other factors for my poor performance.  Put up, or shut up ... but DON'T change the subject.

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 02:49 PM.

vp56 #126 Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostThinGun, on 27 August 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

Yeah, that's perfect.  Because I acknowledge that I don't have the necessary ability to perform (whatever) at a high level, I must have a victim mentality.  Deary me, how many people are going to trot out the same justification for sneering at other people.  

I don't think that everything is critical about me - hell, I'd be a quivering wreck if I thought every negative post was directed at me.  But when you make accusations at a very specific type of player which happens to describe me ... well, I don't see it as a personal attack, but as an attack on people like me.  I'd no more take it personally if you picked on ... left handed people, or people who work in IT or people who aren't married.  If I fall into a group you are attacking, then I have a right to defend myself.  If you think that makes ME the victim, then it probably says more about you than you would care to admit.

Get one thing straight.  There is only one reason I'm not a unicum.  Me.  I'm just not good enough.  Clearly with nearly 40k games, I have tried very hard ... but I don't have what it takes.  I can live with that, I just wish you could let me live with it, instead of trying to demean my efforts.  You have no clue about my situation, but you're quite happy to judge me, based on preconceptions and invalid assumptions.  Just be grateful I don't afford you the same privilege ... because, dear boy, I am above that sort of thing.

No, you haven't tried very hard. That's the whole point. When you had to make a choice between becoming decent through some effort or sucking forever you just picked up the most dumbed down gameplay with non-existent learning curve because it gave you better short-term results than learning new stuff. The reason why you don't play mediums, lights or even heavies is because they require some situational awareness, positioning, shooting and working with the team. In your mind your excuse here is probably "they don't fit my playing style". As a TD all you need to do is sit in the same bush every time and leech damage through your teammates' efforts without needing any skill other than occasionally hitting a shot. With virtually 100% of your battles on TDs it is ridiculous of you to claim that you've done your best. You've never tried.

Married people or left-handed people have nothing to do with any of this. No, I don't know what's your life situation, nor do I care to. I know for a fact you've had the time to play the game for 40 000 battles so you've clearly had the time to play and learn. The reason you just feel the need to defend yourself is because on some level you believe in your excuses. It would be terrible if everyone else saw through them as well and called out your BS instead of letting you stay in your comfy, permanent level of failure "because that's just how you were born".

Yes, you have lie on the bed that you've made. But don't expect others to buy your pathetic excuses about trying hard when throughout your WoT history you've been the textbook example of zero effort botting. You never ever took any responsibility, you never took initiative. You just "accepted" that "you are not good enough" which is the exact loser's mentality that holds people back. And yes, this is also a good example of the victim mentality you have where you "just don't have what it takes" and "you've tried very hard". Saying "I'm just not good enough" is a perfect example of how the people with the victim mindset behave. You see, the other approach is to actually put in a bit of effort and do something about it.

You most definitely have the right to defend yourself and you are obviously allowed to stay on the bot level forever. That's up to you. I on the other have every right to tear open your lame excuses. You can suck all you want without ever putting in the tiniest bit of effort but don't expect others to not judge you for that. The victim mindset also spreads like a plague and it encourages others to "accept their flaws" and have zero work ethic. That's why it needs to be burned down.

Long_Range_Sniper #127 Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38921 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 August 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

*edited

I think this was was decent, and a lot of use to many players who read the thread.

View PostThinGun, on 15 June 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

This.  Needs to be carefully manoeuvred into position, butt first.

Also, look cool AF in paint ...

(tank snipped)

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 02:50 PM.

kubawt112 #128 Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostThinGun, on 27 August 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

(...)

Get one thing straight.  There is only one reason I'm not a unicum.  Me.  I'm just not good enough.  Clearly with nearly 40k games, I have tried very hard ... but I don't have what it takes.  I can live with that, I just wish you could let me live with it, instead of trying to demean my efforts.  You have no clue about my situation, but you're quite happy to judge me, based on preconceptions and invalid assumptions.  Just be grateful I don't afford you the same privilege ... because, dear boy, I am above that sort of thing.(...)

It's not always about ability, you know. This particular player, whose name shall remain unknown because naming and shaming is a bad thing, apparently thinks that 'trying very hard' after 5000-odd hours in the game is spending gold putting (non-historical, that can't be seen by default) paint, that doesn't add any camouflage value, on a stealthy tank destroyer. He also, apparently, thinks two repair kits is needed.

I think it goes a bit beyond 'ability'. The funny thing is that the supposed owner of this tank seems to think he's sort of clever - despite doing two things that any half-decent WoT player would see as a hilarious newbie mistake. Heck, spending gold putting that sort of stuff on a tank when you can get camo patterns for free does suggest more money than 'matter'. :rolleyes:

View PostAnonymous, on 15 June 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

(...)

LordMuffin #129 Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53499 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostThinGun, on 27 August 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

18:30 Added after 2 minute

"Doing your best" is a loser mentality imo. It simply isn't good enough, and it is an excuse to not get better.

Lanrefni #130 Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36143 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

View PostThinGun, on 27 August 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

That's not what you said.  You said I made posts blaming other factors for my poor performance.  Put up, or shut up ... but DON'T change the subject.

*edited

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 August 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

I think this was was decent, and a lot of use to many players who read the thread.

*edited

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 02:53 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #131 Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38921 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 August 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

*edited

There is a saying about wrestling with a pig that I think was from George Bernard Shaw.

That Steyr post was very informative. There are at least two main things you could do with that setup that would improve your chance of winning (and help your team) without any requirement at all to know game mechanics, have any skill, or even have your minimap on.

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 02:55 PM.

ThinGun #132 Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 41052 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 August 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

That Steyr post was very informative. There are at least two main things you could do with that setup that would improve your chance of winning (and help your team) without any requirement at all to know game mechanics, have any skill, or even have your minimap on.

But of course, you'd never TELL him what he's doing wrong. 

22:10 Added after 0 minute

View PostLordMuffin, on 27 August 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

"Doing your best" is a loser mentality imo. It simply isn't good enough, and it is an excuse to not get better.

Don't you try to do your best?

22:11 Added after 2 minute

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 August 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

*edited

Thing is, whatever you think about me ... you can't actually back up your claim about me.  Regardless of your opinion, it's not an honourable thing to lie about people to make a point.

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 03:00 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #133 Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38921 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThinGun, on 27 August 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

But of course, you'd never TELL him what he's doing wrong. 

That's the thing about assumptions, they are often PROVED wrong. I guess he didn't understand being told that you can get that paint for free with in game skins, and that it actually doesn't improve your camo rating.

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 16 June 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

or the point about spending gold to paint a tank that doesn't improve the camo rating, can be hidden by other players, and can be obtained for free using a skin?

Maybe that player is just has a really bad memory. I seem to recollect they were PROVED to be incorrect after making many malicious allegations.

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 28 August 2019 - 07:33 AM.

Lanrefni #134 Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36143 battles
  • [STAYA] STAYA

View PostThinGun, on 28 August 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

you can't actually back up your claim about me.  

*edited

this is in-fact so boring, that I have to block you. 

Edited by flashmove_iron, 28 August 2019 - 03:03 PM.

Jauhesammutin #135 Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23802 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View Postpecopad, on 27 August 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Who does? NBA players?

I don't think you will find professional players in non professional events, and that's why usually there is an age requirement in all sports when you start.

I'm sure I would do good in kindergarten boxing...

I think you are missing the point of "random battles" and the more competitive gamemodes like clan games.

I don't think you could join kindergarten boxing unless you are in kindergarten. But if you joined in an open tournament where kindergartens also could join then I wouldn't see a problem in you boxing with them. It's their choice. Just like the backstreetplayers could have closed the gate if they didn't want that NBA player to join them.

pecopad #136 Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30243 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostLeadfire, on 27 August 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

Blah de blah blah......yes those points were already covered. You reference to hacks is what I was pointing out, it has no bearing on the topic of ability.

So the hacks have no bearing on the point of ability???? When you define the ability has how fast you react and the ability to aim at a specific pixel, I think it does, it has everything to do with ability, since you can get the same results from an aimbot,

There are several Olympic shooting sports, now imagine aimbots were legal at the Olympics.... all would finish first...

Edited by pecopad, 28 August 2019 - 12:20 PM.

Jauhesammutin #137 Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23802 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View PostMiepie, on 27 August 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

Do they? You'd think that the multi-million-dollar stars have a contract with their club in which they agree to avoid unnecessary risks of injury...

Do you really think we are talking about NBA players actually playing in some backstreet game? Have you ever heard of metaphors?

I'll give you a hint: 

NBA player = sealclubber, unicum, whatever. 

other players = noobs, bad players

backstreet = random battle

pecopad #138 Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30243 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostLordMuffin, on 27 August 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

Pixel shooting is irrelevant in WoT due to how accuracy works.

The difference in aiming near the pixel  (within 2mm) and at the pixel is insignificant when it comes to hitting.

You earn respect in WoT by being good at WoT.

Just like you earn respect as a footballer by bring good at football.

You earn respect as a human being by being a good human being.

The first step to improve in WOT is to admit that you actually can improve and that it is down to you personally to do so.

Blaming MM, RNG, aimbots etc are just ways of not taking responsibility over your own performance in the battle/game.

I agree with you, was just saying that shaming others for being bad players because of your WoT stats, its just ridiculous, specially taking into consideration this is WoT we are talking about here...

kubawt112 #139 Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 August 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

This isn't a claim at all. It's a fact; you've been s**tposting for a very long time, trying to look ever-so smarter but failing miserably 9 out of 10 times.

this is in-fact so boring, that I have to block you. 

Some might say that is a behaviour we may observe in-game from certain players.

Too bad you can still get in games with people on your s**tlist blacklist. :rolleyes:

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 27 August 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

There is a saying about wrestling with a pig that I think was from George Bernard Shaw.

Two very obvious things.

Question is, why wouldn't someone bother to address those things? Is it due to lack of a wish to do his or her best in every game? Frankly, the game should dang near have popups suggesting that you're doing something detrimental to performance - whether that is mounting CO2-tanks and camo net on your IS-7, or failing to contribute to combat in any meaningful sense most of the time. Heck, I'd personally appreciate the game telling me to take a break if I'm on a multi-loss streak, or if I've played too long or on 'too low' tiers.

The latter would be a great way of gently telling people that there's actual gameplay found in higher tiers.

Long_Range_Sniper #140 Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38921 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postkubawt112, on 28 August 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Question is, why wouldn't someone bother to address those things? 

Who knows? There's nothing wrong with playing the game in any way you want and not caring. It is a game after all.

But when you've played 40k games and seem to be just playing to donate your HP to the enemy for their fun you have to question what sort of gap that fills in people lives. Maybe they're just the classic underachiever. Always thinking they were boardroom material at heart, but never really got the lucky breaks and advantages others got. So much better just to set a low bar, scrape over it, and then demand respect as a consequence. Meanwhile everyone else who doesn't need velcro shoelaces has left that bar way behind.

What I do find funny is when that sort of underachiever then uses their experience of the game to abuse new players. Which is what this thread is all about. I mean, what sort of a player with 40k games would say this to a player with fewer than 2000 battles as you can see in that Steyr thread.

Well, I will - but thanks tor the permission.  I look forward to farming you in the near future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users