WoT on Weekends and holidays gave me [EDIT] stay away from it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

pcemek #1 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31146 battles

This game is unplayable on weekends and holidays its like all of a sudden a zerg of *edit  and *edit playing all day long the only way to enjoy a bit playing this game is late night or early morning hours when bots are going for recharge

Edited by DarkAri, 25 August 2019 - 04:12 PM.
Be respectful

undutchable80 #2 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11642 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why is the word "terrible" not enough to express your feelings? Why do you have to use that terrible disease that destroys lives not only of those suffering from it but their friends and family?

Reported. 

SovietBias #3 Posted 24 August 2019 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38420 battles

People sure like to complain about teams in a game where there is none...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by SovietBias, 24 August 2019 - 10:17 PM.

Leadfire #4 Posted 24 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7868 battles

View Postpcemek, on 24 August 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

This game is unplayable on weekends and holidays its like all of a sudden a zerg of bots and [edited]playing all day long the only way to enjoy a bit playing this game is late night or early morning hours when bots are going for recharge

So...none end up on the enemy team....just on yours.....sounds legit.

WarPig996 #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18415 battles
  • [VO1D] VO1D

So here we have an *edit mis-using the word  Cancer....

congratulations, I have blood Cancer... you don’t , I’m not offended as you clearly show you ignorance how cancer affects others

REPORTED

*edit

Do I need to take this further and higher?..

Edited by DarkAri, 25 August 2019 - 04:09 PM.
Don't insult others

w00pzy #6 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7948 battles
They are called "Weekend Warriors".. eighter love them or hate them, but you can avoid them. The only thing you can do to avoid them is to wait until Monday to play again :ohmy:

NoobySkooby #7 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View Postpcemek, on 24 August 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

This game is unplayable on weekends and holidays its like all of a sudden a zerg of bots and [edited]playing all day long the only way to enjoy a bit playing this game is late night or early morning hours when bots are going for recharge

If you had watched someone die of said disease, then you might choose your words more carefully.

As you don't then go forth and multiply, thee is a thread about weekenders every weekend as it happens, bot here and in WoW's, probably in all WG portfolio of games too, so tell us something we don't know.

Dorander #8 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

Dear OP,

I am genuinely sorry to hear you have been inflicted with this terrible disease. It sounds like you got an early diagnosis which usually means that treatment is still possible, so I hope that your chances of survival from this horrendous affliction are good. It would after all be an amazingly sad life story to have died from something as simple as an online game. Far too many people in the world die from cancer, and I'd hate to treat your situation as callously as one who might use the word spuriously to describe situations that don't matter.

Please take some additional time at the hospital between your visits to the oncologist to also visit a proctologist and request additional surgery to remove the rod of entitlement from your rectum. It might only serve as a palliative and the cancer may still kill you, but at least you'll feel better about it. Given that you have only posted three times I'm confident we got to this particular issue in time as well. If it becomes too difficult to remember due to the symptoms of your affliction, just think of this easy mnemonic, as you are the OP: Oncologist, Proctologist.

Kind regards,

A fellow forumite.

RamRaid90 #9 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25772 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Ok.

While the OP is a bit special.

People saying using the word Cancer is offensive are exactly the reason the world is the way it is today.

I have watched many family members die of Cancer, people using the word to describe something as disease ridden and terrible doesn't offend me. So why should you be offended by it?

Remember: Being offended isn't a right, it's just a poor life choice. If you're offended by things that are not going to harm you, the real world is going to eat you alive.

Edited by RamRaid90, 25 August 2019 - 02:38 AM.

BeefCrtinBandit #10 Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7185 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
i would honestly prefer bots. they are far smarter than the idiots that log in

Homer_J #11 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 August 2019 - 02:37 AM, said:

People saying using the word Cancer is offensive are exactly the reason the world is the way it is today.

No, people saying that because something doesn't upset me it shouldn't upset anyone else are the reason the world is the way it is today.

People are different, accept and respect it.  Then we can all start to get along a bit better.

PowJay #12 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39864 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 August 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

Ok.

I have watched many family members die of Cancer, people using the word to describe something as disease ridden and terrible doesn't offend me. So why should you be offended by it?

Remember: Being offended isn't a right, it's just a poor life choice. If you're offended by things that are not going to harm you, the real world is going to eat you alive.

To say that something is like a cancer, eating away at something and destroying something is not offensive.

To suggest that a video game gives you cancer may not be offensive depending on your point of view. It is, however, clearly a whole load of overly-dramatic, insensitive bovine excrement. 

WilhelmII #13 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35764 battles
  • [AT2] AT2

*edit

Well just for your information Mr, I have Cancer and it is aggressive, I am in remission ATM but yes it will come back, so to me every day is a bonus, I hope you or no one in your family gets it in any form, but if they do reflect on how you used this as a throw away word, I hate it when players in game wish it on others for playing a game badly in their opinion, they would have to experience having Cancer to realise the impact it can have on others when this is used so impassionately.  

Edited by DarkAri, 25 August 2019 - 04:20 PM.
Discussion about moderation

Dorander #14 Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 August 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

Ok.

What a load of crock. First, let's adress the glaring inconsistency in your own message: if people getting offended is the reason the world is the way it is today, then that same world isn't going to eat these same people alive.

Secondly, being offended is in fact a right. People have the right to have their own opinions and that includes emotional reactions to the behaviour of other people. They have a right to express these opinions. What they in fact don't have, is the right to do this any way they can or desire and while there is no moral objection to people expressing their opinion, there are moral objections to offending others.

Thirdly, what's this supposed "real world" you're talking about? In the real world I live in, people are civilized. This goes for my job, my clubs, my friends, my family or any other social circle. Tossing certain words around callously with no regard for other people is going to get you ostracized from all of those environments, because those environments are populated with adults who understand that civilized society means taking the people in your surroundings into account when expressing yourself and not going out of your way to offend them by using words you absolutely don't need to use.

Fourthly, "a poor life choice", really? What utter crock. By that standard, nobody ought to ever object to anything anyone else does, ever. The world does not and has never worked this way, in fact, positive change has only ever been achieved when people took action as a response to intolerable behaviour. In point of fact, this goes for negative change or bullheaded conservatism as well because here's a novel idea for you: that desire you had to write what you have written is a form of taking offense, as you could not let a statement stand and felt compelled to challenge it. Taking offense does not need to involve some hysterical overemotional reaction, it is nothing more than the disapproval of any abject statement towards other people.

Element6 #15 Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

People should stop using the word unplayable, if you can start a battle and drive around then the game is by definition playable.

The CDC is playable, the VTU is playable.

The word you are looking for OP is unjoyable...

gunslingerXXX #16 Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12786 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Could be so much easier though if the list with automaticly edited words is just increased...

Bordhaw #17 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postpcemek, on 24 August 2019 - 08:13 PM, said:

Stop playing Tier X then innit.

mpf1959 #18 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28309 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

WoT on Weekends and holidays gave me *edit stay away from it

Who needs hyperbole? :teethhappy::teethhappy:

Edited by DarkAri, 25 August 2019 - 04:22 PM.
Language

malachi6 #19 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

These it's a weekend therefore, bad players comments make me scratch my head.  No evidence other than having a bad game.  TAking two propositions and placing them next to each other does not make them correlate.  It takes nothing else into account.  DO you get drunk and have a hangover over the weekend.  Are you less wound up from work and therefore, play more relaxed, is there activity around over the weekend that is a distraction?  I could come up with hundreds of reasons,  does not make them valid.  

All we know is that you believe weekends are worse than normal for you.  You provide no evidence, you resort to ad hominem as proof and want to be taken seriously,  Why?  

We live in such flippant times when words like cancer are used to describe feeling frustrated.  I dread to think what language you have left for when something genuinely serious happens.

Nitro_Tank #20 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6752 battles
Big oof at the losers crying about him using *edit. Grow up

Edited by DarkAri, 25 August 2019 - 04:23 PM.
Don't insult others

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users