Jump to content


Obj277


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

hasnainrakha57 #1 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:42 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18366 battles
  • 916
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013

Is object 277 worth it? Or it's just like having another is7 in your garage beacuse I have is7 and have struggle a lot with it!.But I can tell you rly enjoyed the Russian heavy line including is,is3,t-10 and obj 257. So what is your opinion about obj 277?



xx984 #2 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:58 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 63907 battles
  • 3,354
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

Eh, its okay i guess, nothing special though.

 

113 and 5A are both better options, IS-7 isn't comparable as 277 is not a traditional heavy tank, like 113 and 5A it is more of a heavy/medium hybrid. IS-7 is a proper brawler. Although not saying it cant brawl at all, Like 113 and 5a it can still brawl in certain situations but you cant do it like any traditional heavy in most situations 


Edited by xx984, 25 August 2019 - 01:58 AM.


vasilinhorulezz #3 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:58 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27966 battles
  • 1,994
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
It's a medium with a big gun, 55 kph speed that's not theoretical like in the IS7 that barely goes over 40, but way worse armor, upper plate can be penned by everything with over 250 pen, so hull down is a must. It's fast with less armor moslty, can fulfill the role of a heavy if needed or the role of a medium. It's a T-10 at tier X (accidental pun, sorry).

Oldewolfe #4 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:37 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 525 battles
  • 431
  • Member since:
    10-22-2017

As stated, it's a Pretty Good Medium with all the Frailties that Implies....      It's also been Called a Better 5A, though this I can't Confirm or Deny....      It's definately NOT an IS7 Clone....

 

It falls right in line with the T-10 before it....

 

https://youtu.be/16x2SProLIY

 

Play it Right and all will be Well, try it as it's Classification and you could be Disappointed....      If you Finish the Grind, I hope you Enjoy it....    



RamRaid90 #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:46 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25772 battles
  • 7,054
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

People need to break this "Heavy/medium/td/light" brain fart.

 

No tank has a specific role which is denoted by it's in game class.

 

Play a tank to its strengths and you'll do well, play it wrong you'll do badly.



Ceeb #6 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:37 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 32587 battles
  • 6,177
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 August 2019 - 01:46 AM, said:

People need to break this "Heavy/medium/td/light" brain fart.

 

No tank has a specific role which is denoted by it's in game class.

 

Play a tank to its strengths and you'll do well, play it wrong you'll do badly.


^ in a nutshell 



ChristOfTheAbyss #7 Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 339
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View Postxx984, on 25 August 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

Eh, its okay i guess, nothing special though.

 

113 and 5A are both better options, IS-7 isn't comparable as 277 is not a traditional heavy tank, like 113 and 5A it is more of a heavy/medium hybrid. IS-7 is a proper brawler. Although not saying it cant brawl at all, Like 113 and 5a it can still brawl in certain situations but you cant do it like any traditional heavy in most situations 

 

113 is by far worst out of the three, 277, 5A and 113. Its gunhandling kills it, also it has garbage armour.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,320
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Mediocre tank. The whole thing was built around a fast, high penetration (350mm) APCR gold shell and an accurate gun with a lot of DPM. That concept never left the CT server and the T-10 is better tier for tier. People complained about it being too strong and its gold shell being too good so it got balanced, same story as the Kranvagn. They got their beloved "balance" and one bland tank in the tech tree! :)


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 25 August 2019 - 10:42 AM.


MeNoobTank #9 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16499 battles
  • 935
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017

In my opinion it is a way better IS-7, so totaly worh it. I have all 3 - IS-7, 277 and WZ 5A and this is how I see them:

 

-IS-7 has ok armor, very good hull down, derpy gun with kinda bad penetration for both rounds.

-WZ 5A is exactly like an IS-7 but with slighly worse armor, mostly the turret is mor penable, but has better premium rounds than IS-7 and slighly more mobile

-277 combine both and is better than both - It is more mobile, has IS-7 turret, has 5A hull and a way better gun than both with very good penetration for both rounds and better gun handling.

 

In my opinion armor is not a factor in current meta, you only need a strong turret and a good gun with good speed. Current meta is all about mobility. 277 has all of these.



Dava_117 #10 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22489 battles
  • 4,946
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 August 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Mediocre tank. The whole thing was built around a fast, high penetration (350mm) APCR gold shell and an accurate gun with a lot of DPM. That concept never left the CT server and the T-10 is better tier for tier. People complained about it being too strong and its gold shell being too good so it got balanced, same story as the Kranvagn. They got their beloved "balance" and one bland tank in the tech tree! :)

 

Balancing a tank around a P2W mechanic is never good for the game. It got rightly nerferd and I wouldn't call il mediocre. It still has the best 490 alpha gun in game with top in class AP pen and gun gandling, a really strong turret, and a trollish UFP. 5A, that is the main competitor IMO, has better DPM but worst gun handling, P/W ratio (15 vs 17 of 277) and top speed. 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,320
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostDava_117, on 25 August 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Balancing a tank around a P2W mechanic is never good for the game.

 

Where did i say something like that? I said it was built around these (3) features and once these were gone or nerfed it became meh.

 

View PostDava_117, on 25 August 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

It got rightly nerferd and I wouldn't call it mediocre. It still has the best 490 alpha gun in game with top in class AP pen and gun gandling, a really strong turret, and a trollish UFP. 5A, that is the main competitor IMO, has better DPM but worse gun handling, P/W ratio (15 vs 17 of 277) and top speed. 

 

I see it as a mediocre tank but you're welcome to think otherwise. Finish your T-10 grind, try the tank out and see if you still hold that opinion!


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 25 August 2019 - 11:31 AM.


Dava_117 #12 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:50 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22489 battles
  • 4,946
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 August 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

 

Where did i say something like that? I said it was built around these (3) features and once these were gone or nerfed it became meh.

 

From your post I had the impression you didn't liked the fact that WG nerfed the tank after the comunity criticized the broken nature of the original concept while, IMO, that was the right thing to do.

As soon as I have the money, I will likely buy 277, but I already would like that gun on IS-4, in example. :)



XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 5,320
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostDava_117, on 25 August 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

From your post I had the impression you didn't liked the fact that WG nerfed the tank after the comunity criticized the broken nature of the original concept while, IMO, that was the right thing to do.

As soon as I have the money, I will likely buy 277, but I already would like that gun on IS-4, in example. :)

 

It's again the confusion of using words like "mediocre" and "meh". Remember that E75 discussion? :)

 

For the role it plays, the 430U is much better and the 5A is more or less the same hence my conclusion about the tank. After 500 tanks already in the game, you start to ask for something extra not necessarily imbalanced but unique. Neither the 277 or the K-91, which were added in the same patch, offer that. So if i am to choose between the 430U, the 5A or the 277. The choice is immediately limited to the first two on the list, i can't justify playing a tank that works in very specific situations. That's of course my opinion about it or the way i see it.

 

About the IS-4, it's sad really that it must wait in its current pathetic state for the ammo rebalance to get looked at!


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 25 August 2019 - 02:53 PM.


MeNoobTank #14 Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16499 battles
  • 935
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017

IS-4 is really not that bad as others make it to be. The armor still works quite well even against premium rounds, mobility is not that bad, gun is not a bad gun but need impovements to DPM and handling.

 

It is indeed one of the worst russian tier X tanks but still better than most of the nations. :trollface:



Dava_117 #15 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22489 battles
  • 4,946
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostMeNoobTank, on 25 August 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

IS-4 is really not that bad as others make it to be. The armor still works quite well even against premium rounds, mobility is not that bad, gun is not a bad gun but need impovements to DPM and handling.

 

It is indeed one of the worst russian tier X tanks but still better than most of the nations. :trollface:

 

In fact armour is the only thing that works well on IS-4. What kill the tanks is the combo bad DPM, low alpha, atrocious gun handling and just 30 shells...



MeNoobTank #16 Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16499 battles
  • 935
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017

View PostDava_117, on 25 August 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

 

In fact armour is the only thing that works well on IS-4. What kill the tanks is the combo bad DPM, low alpha, atrocious gun handling and just 30 shells...

Indeed, and as I said, I would only buff gund handling and DPM but not by increasing the alpha because we have enough high alpha tanks already.

 

Looking at WG that is waiting for the premium shells rebalance to buff IS-4, I have a feeling that they are gonna buff the armor and not what it actually needs.



Dava_117 #17 Posted 25 August 2019 - 05:19 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22489 battles
  • 4,946
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostMeNoobTank, on 25 August 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Indeed, and as I said, I would only buff gund handling and DPM but not by increasing the alpha because we have enough high alpha tanks already.

 

Looking at WG that is waiting for the premium shells rebalance to buff IS-4, I have a feeling that they are gonna buff the armor and not what it actually needs.

 

Same feeling here...



TankkiPoju #18 Posted 26 August 2019 - 06:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23680 battles
  • 7,238
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

If you liked T-10, Obj277 is pretty much the same but tier higher.

 

Like others said, it's not a "proper" heavy tank and should not rely on armor. Except maybe when fighting against tier 8s.

05:26 Added after 4 minute

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 August 2019 - 02:46 AM, said:

People need to break this "Heavy/medium/td/light" brain fart.

 

No tank has a specific role which is denoted by it's in game class.

 

Play a tank to its strengths and you'll do well, play it wrong you'll do badly.

 

This is true, but at the same time "funnily" Russian tanks can just have it all. Obj277 is a perfectly fine heavy tank as top tier but can also be played like a medium tank. IS7 has also decent speed at least in straight line.

 

But you really can't play tanks like E100 or Maus other than as heavy tanks. They need to pick a flank because they are that slow and can't also dodge arty shells. Forget about going with medium tanks.

 


Edited by TankkiPoju, 26 August 2019 - 06:27 AM.


IntruderFI #19 Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49261 battles
  • 560
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostRamRaid90, on 25 August 2019 - 04:46 AM, said:

People need to break this "Heavy/medium/td/light" brain fart.

 

No tank has a specific role which is denoted by it's in game class.

 

Play a tank to its strengths and you'll do well, play it wrong you'll do badly.

 

This is literally what i have been saying all a long.

Just because i am playing in a light tank doesn't mean its "my job" to go suicide scout like so many expects.



RamRaid90 #20 Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:24 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25772 battles
  • 7,054
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostTankkiPoju, on 26 August 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

 

This is true, but at the same time "funnily" Russian tanks can just have it all. Obj277 is a perfectly fine heavy tank as top tier but can also be played like a medium tank. IS7 has also decent speed at least in straight line.

 

But you really can't play tanks like E100 or Maus other than as heavy tanks. They need to pick a flank because they are that slow and can't also dodge arty shells. Forget about going with medium tanks.

 

 

Yes absolutely, but again an Maus or E-100s role within each battle is still not set. Map, MM and Allies all help make a choice on how to play the tank within each seperate battle.

 

The mentality in WoT seems to be "I go here because I go here every battle" or "You're a Maus so you should be in this square, noob"






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users